Is Public Accounting the most cuckold career of all time?

Is Public Accounting the most cuckold career of all time?

>Get paid a fast food manager's salary to work 80 hours a week

my ex was make $35 an hour overtime at her EY internship.
it really is a cuck job though

It’s the most boring normie job out there but with the right degrees you can make nice money

I have a brother who did this and now he’s a partner in one of pic related earning 500K a year. So no, not if you’re bright enough to rise through the ranks.

Pay is not too bad and I never really do overtime.

I’m thinking about doing exactly this
>numbers guy
>ok with, and prefer being alone 16hr daily
>live like a pleb regardless of pay because I’d rather stack wealth then get into debt traps
>complete asshole and can handle a corporate environment
Is it worth it anons? I also have connections with accountants, one of which started his own firm.
Am I going to hate my life doing this? Any accounting fag responses are appreciated.

>he fell for the partner meme

>not working overtime in public

Holy hell, what shithole cowtown firm do you work for? Yokel and Hick?

It's fucking shit, but when you get qualified it's not bad.

I work 40 hour weeks except jan to April for 55 to 60 hours. After public I'll make 100k+ for 40 hour weeks before age 30. So no not a cuckold career.

You'll be doing recs your whole life, cuck asf

Already well past the point of exiting into some basic staff accountant role. I have my cpa, a masters, and have some more finance oriented position at large companies prior to being an auditor. The job is pretty easy for me and pays well.

you mean get paid 60k starting salary with annual 10% raises and 20% promotions?

woe is me

Literally filled with women and pajeets.

White men all leave to form their own practices or go into industry as in-house.

Current cuck i guess, work an average of 45-48 hours a week. I average 12.5% raises a year lifetime so i guess ill stay a cuck. It aint bad

How many people make it to partner though?

Tried EY for a few months, pure bs, everyone hates his life and the money is not eve good. Fuck this jewish scam

Tfw internal audit at pic related, never more than 50 hours during our "busy" season comfyyy

About 2%. But if you make it to a manager role in a big4 you can much more easily become partner at a smaller firm, which still pays multiple hundreds if thousands. Basically if you're a white man with any business acumen it's not that hard. Almost no women make partner since they choose family over work. And a lot of Asians and pajeets aren't good at selling. Personally I'll probably do industry later on.

This. The CPA exam has also been designed to only attract autists, jews and chinks. I left Accoutning bc it’s soulless and it’s never enough. Money is good but not worth it when you get 3-4 “easy months”. There companies with year ends in September, March, June...bust season can literally always be happening for you if you’re not in tax and depending on the clients you can thrown to. Can’t wait for robots to make accountants obsolete

They literally just changed the exam to more conceptual thinking for the sole purpose of keeping out chinks.

Meant “busy season will ALWAYS be happening for you if you’re in Tax”

Just to note, tax is for total loser cucks. Auditing is much more social and you get many more skills. Plus audit isn't at the automation risk level tax is.

The science proves over and over and over that working extreme hours every week doesn't add to productivity.
Financial Audit and Tax associates work tons of hours to signal. It's a weird, perverse world. Partners will never shake the business off because they get hard from the pyramid scheme aspect and the shitty cultures they have made worship hours over personal development. "If I had to earn my dues, you will too".

I work in public accounting after going to school as an accountant. I even do attestation engagements, but they're IT related. Because I'm not in the old-school financial audit world, my life is tremendously better. My busy season is easier than a financial audit busy season despite the fact that we sell attestation services which too suffer from poor realization because
>attestation
>skilled, high billing work

What I do doesn't look materially that different from financial audit. In fact, 50% of what I do is for the benefit of a financial auditor. Yet I have a higher quality of life and I make MORE MONEY.
Financial audit is a cancerous work environment. All my audit friends are miserable.

lel, every firm in the country panics about the made up realization numbers being shit. They've been doing it for 30 years.

I have an accounting degree but just work in office admin

wish I was smart enough to have been able to do computer science or something, but I am also very lazy and don't even like a normal 5 day week let alone crazy overtime

You sound exactly like the type who makes partner. They have no personality, are often unintended assholes, and they either never get married or get divorced because they are married to the company and are risk averse milquetoast income compounders.

> has degree but works as a secretary
> lazy

just kys before you get automated

But you get to dress up in a suit and play office politics.

99% of faggots in these companies will never make it. They shill to college students to make them bagholders to the company and profit for the partner cuck.

I hope fintech makes these fucks obsolete.

>The science proves over and over and over that working extreme hours every week doesn't add to productivity.

Doesn't matter when you need to meet deadlines. If shit has to get done, It has to get done. These massive firms don't give a fuck about productivity considering their accountants have less than 50% utilization for most of the year.

>Get paid a fast food manager's salary
Maybe if you're a bookkeeper or something

t.bookkeeper

Damn right.
I am finishing my Computer science and business major and these fucks from the big 4 are already calling me..... I told them to go fuck them selfs I am going to fintech

Kinda, there's always going straight into corporate, still decent pay and more reasonable hours. Starting pay is a little lower (probably same or better per hour), and the advancement is slower, work is maybe a little more interesting. If you can deal with #nolife Public will only help your career in the long run though.

I've been a EY contractor for two years, wage cucked to the max. Shit job, shit life.

From the medical field, I can tell you
Doctor is top cuck job
Scientist as well
And if some madmen are seriously nurses

I assure you CS fields are way more stressful than auditing. Once you're a senior in audit (2 years) you don't do much of any grunt work anymore. And automation audit wise will only remove that 2 years of grunt work. Even a blockchain won't stop internal control testing from existing. Blockchain and fintech will be nice tools but audit automation is a long ways off. Too much human to human activity.