Coinbase takes forever. How can I get started faster?

My ETH is losing value while they hold.

Why didn't you just load money into your USD wallet? Are you dumb nigga?

Also

>bought on coinbase instead of GDAX or Gemini

Use Credit Card

mine came in instantly

Conversely, I bought 12,000$ in BTC at 9,900$ and CB says it won’t arrive for days. Will coinbase cancel my transaction since BTC has risen significantly from my buy? I know they are kikes, I had no other means to buy the dip quickly.

I didn't feel like uploading my ID don't you need to scan an ID to trade into the usd wallet?

The faq says your price is locked in but if the transaction fails for some reason I'm sure they could cancel.

There's 0 reason to use Coinbase unless you're doing credit card payments (in which case you're an impulse buyer and get dinged with fees).

You should ATH/wire money into gdax or gemini's USD wallet and let it sit for a rainy day until you see GOOD DIPZ. USD is insured so there's no reason not to let it sit.

I'm not planning on dumping my saving in crypto or anything. I'm just playing around with a few hundred I've been watching btc for a while now could've got in a long long time ago but never did. I had my coinbase account already verified so I didn't want to go through the hassle putting my bank info another account somewhere else.

Getting verified to use GDAX was pretty easy. I don't remember what it was but I think it was just a questionnaire. Hint: it's easier to do the verification on the coinbase website as opposed to the gdax website.

so gdax is connected to coinbase and is just an exchange? once I verify there can i get coins with usd faster? I tried doing my debit originally with coinbase and the charges would never show up on time. I eventually just linked my bank account directly.

If you have a coinbase account you have a gdax account, if you're going to trade the eth for alts send it to gdax first and you beat some fees.

People use GDAX because it's MUCH CHEAPER in terms of fees. GDAX also eats the fee on sending coins out of the exchange

(you can send btc from coinbase -> gdax btc wallet and then gdax btc wallet -> wallet address and they'll eat the $20 fee for you).

What you did was you bought coins on Coinbase using an ATH transfer that were priced in. That's not very smart because you can't do shit with those coins until your ATH clears. You should sent the money to the USD wallet and waited for it to clear or done a wire transfer (wires generally cost money though) to transfer money in a few hours.

Literally only use the Coinbase section of the website if you 1. use cards or 2. want to get raped with fees

Consider using Gemini instead. They're much more customer friendly and their total fees are about the same or even less sometimes. On Gemini it costs nothing to ATH money in/out of the exchange and you can even buy/sell coins while you wait for ATHs to clear (you just can't transfer out).

replace all ATHs with ACHs I'm not thinking straight xd

gdax is setup. I realize I have to wait for the clear on the ETH I bought before I can trade it on gdax. If I add a card do I have to wait for it verify or will it auto verify since I'm already authenticated by id and bank now?

You can only use cards on Coinbase and you'll need to verify each new card somehow. They charge your card cent amounts and ask you what the numbers were. Literally don't use cards ever. The fees can balloon to 10-15%.

>tfw can't use Gdax because they only accept USD, GBP and EURO's
>tfw a filthy aussie cunt with worthless AUD no one wants

I fucking hate buying on Kikebase. Kikebase don't even have an AUD wallet either and they wont even let me sell back for AUD. I literally can't cash out.

You should've just made a thread about how you're really poor and shit. Someone did it earlier and got $100 btc, much faster than coinbase

>canadian, fuck it, i pay 1.99$ for instant transaction.

why not use local bitcoins

I got it now. I put 100 usd into gdax it's pending. I will buy alts with it once it goes through thanks guys.

If anyone has tips for a young trader like me please dump your wisdom.

You don't have to trade it on gdax, you can send it there then to whatever exchange you want and it lowers the fees.

send usd or the eth?

Cash> Coinbase> buy eth> GDAX> Exchange

All coin transactions out of GDAX are feeless. They're not feeless on the Coinbase website.

If you have coins on Coinbase.com you can deposit them into GDAX with a UI on GDAX and then transfer them out for free.

Wait for dips before you buy things. This will prevent you from buying at all time highs. A few days ago we had a huge dip where everything dropped 50%. A few days later most coins regained at least 30% so it would've been an easy flip even if you don't decide to hold.

if you deposit usd straight to gdax you shouldn't have to pay their pajeet coinbase fees

Agreed, but he already bought the ETH on coinbase, in the future he should just get setup on gdax.

That's what I did a while ago. Hopefully it clears faster than the ETH or hopefully they both clear fast.
What is the advantage of moving off gdax to another exchange?

>What is the advantage of moving off gdax to another exchange

No fees.

Which exchange would be the best choice?

It depends on what you're looking to buy, Binance is pretty popular and fairly easy to use.

If you're talking about alt exchange most people use Binance.

For a usd/btc/eth exchange I still recommend Gemini. They should cost about the same as GDAX. The difference between the two is that GDAX basically has a 0% trade fee while Gemini has a 0.25% fee. However, Gemini has no fees on other stuff like cashing out USD. They also let you leverage your ACH funds while you wait for them to clear. A lot of the time Gemini's market prices are lower than GDAX's so it actually comes out a little cheaper. Use both if you want.

I'll check out those two. For now I guess I'll just wait til my funds clear on Gdax/Coinbase. Then I'll have about 200 to start in alts.

Simple. Use an exchange that isn't ass, like Bitstamp.