NVIDIA Tells Retailers To Sell To Gamers, Not Cryptominers

hothardware.com/news/nvidia-tells-retailers-to-sell-to-gamers-not-cryptominers

Most retailers are already making it difficult to bulk buy GPUs. Usually limited to 1 or 2 per customer. These gaymers have to stop their bitching.

>These gaymers have to stop their bitching.
It isn't the gamers bitching. It's crypto eroding the long term market and decades of growth strategy via driving people to consoles and preventing people from entering the scene. This crypto shit happened just as they made this big coordinated push for higher resolutions. If nobody can get the cards, nobody will buy the monitors and all the accessory shit.

I doubt they would be selling gpu 6 packs if they cared

Probably all crybaby emails and tweets they are getting are starting to make them 'care'

NVIDIA doesn't care actually, so does retailers. This is all for money now.

I highly doubt there is a massive amount of people trying to get into PC gaming and building new PCs every day.
Most people are probably bitching about it after browsing through GPUs without having any real intention of buying them.
Not sure about the US, but in Europe it's still possible to find GPUs, especially higher end ones (which is what most people would want for gaming).

I know I personally was looking to buy a card a while back but the price was like $100 over MSRP so I said fuck it and bought $200 worth of protein powder and running shoes instead.

Why don't they just produce more GPUs? It's like they hate money. It's like there's even some coordinated conspiracy here.. Because this move is purely irrational

They don't own the chip fabs. Making more involves going through a dozen companies. If they need more of the bits and pieces, the bits and pieces get more expensive. Everything is made on demand.

>NVIDIA doesn't care actually, so does retailers. This is all for money now.

This

Why don't gamers just put the amount they WANT to buy a card for into crypto. Hold for one day and then buy their stupid card. Fucking idiots

>thinking nividia doesn't care about it's core base of buyers and telling them to fuck off over buttcoiners

I DON'T THINK SO BUDDY BOY!!

I will get my 1060 you crypto mining cunts!!!

I will go over to your house and take it of your "mining" rig.
I HATE YOU ALL

KEK

Fuck miners who buy GPUs in bulk and fuck the r*dditors who complain
Both are faggots

q9xXVCC

Too bad the nvidia discord is shilling CAPP coin

Why the fuck do all my threads I post on /v/ about bitcoin get deleted? Pussies

Office IT user here, help normies on computers all day. You'd be surprised large portion of the normies actually understand the idea behind geting a video card for games. The people that don't tend to be old. Recently I have ended up telling a few people that you either gotta catch nvidia's new cards when they are first dropping or pay a stupid premium. Has prevented at least 3 people I know from buying cards in last month or so. This is a real issue unfortunately.

Was looking to drop 500 on a GPU, literally all sold out

Maybe because they're not related to the subject matter?

>massive demand in the marketplace for videocards
>developers choose to exclude customers instead of making a killing on shipping as many cards as possible

HURRR

What if the price of crypto is all a ploy of the jews to get revenge about gaymergate?

>lol just make more GPUs XD

You faggots must be building shit tier mining rigs if you're buying up the low end 1060s and 1070s.

The vegas are always out of stock

>developers choose to exclude customers instead of making a killing on shipping as many cards as possible
if they meet all demand now they will fuck themselves for years with next gen cards when mining declines and all this cards flood the market

Have they considered making more fucking gpus? Or designing a gpu for miners.
I mean the business is quite big already and been going for some time, sure they can see that even if the bubble pops blockchain is here to stay.

>I don't understand fundamental economics!

Plenty of them in stock over here in brexitland. 1060/1070 is pajeet tier.

>increased demand due to a change in the market
>hmmm better not adapt

Please enlighten us.
They’re basically assuming the demand will die off in the next couple years because crypto is just a bubble...

The 1060's are abundant and not even that much above MSRP, at least here in the UK. if I wanted to spend that much on a GPU I would have certainly already bought one.

You know building a new factory will take years? It's not just simply turning some knob and production will do up. And because the bitcoin market is so unpredictable no company is going to take that gamble, let alone shareholders letting them. Also when the bitcoin or mining market collapses ebay will be flooded with cheap GPUs, which will hurt AMD/Nvidia since nobody is going to buy new cards

lol their core base of buyers are the miners
they should just forget about games and embrace their crypto mining future

>brexitland
They are overpriced as fuck

dubs of wisdom, a little competition might even make bitmain drop prices.

you idiots dont get it, if nvidea and amd are too dumb to produce more cards for the increasing demand, new companies will fill the gap, they can enter the market now because the prices are higher, so also emerging small companies can sell cards, basic economics idiots

Thanks for enlightening me and not just calling me a pajeet user.

>you idiots dont get it, if nvidea and amd are too dumb to produce more cards for the increasing demand, new companies will fill the gap, they can enter the market now because the prices are higher, so also emerging small companies can sell cards, basic economics idiots
You are a retard

Cool, so we need a Cuda virus to take control of their GPUs in the name of crypto.

Not exactly true. The 1060s were about 200-240 last year, now they're all 300-350. These are lower end cards and shouldn't be anywhere near that price.
What isn't overpriced here lol?

Whats up with this? since jan they shilled me the fuck out of this coin and it should had moon until end of jan, has only fucking fall lmfao, im thinking of selling, when is gonna happen something ???????????

It doesn't matter who they tell people to sell to, the miners will buy the cards regardless. They know statements like this help calm the rabid gamers down, meanwhile they have no control over the "types of people" that can buy from their distributors. It's just lip service. They will make the money regardless so might as well try and calm down the fans having mental breakdowns over the gouging.

look up ram prices

hahaha just fuck off, njewdia

in my country it's crime to refuse selling a product to someone based on their intentions of use, so go fuck yourself you cant hit me

More specific, look up DDR2 Ram prices, those things got price gouged massively a few years back.

Except it take about 6 months for a single GPU ship to be manufactured. If you could just build more, they would. The problem is they are literally at max production capacity. Even if another company wanted to pick up the slack, were talking 16-24 months before they could even think about putting out a card

"Hi retailer, I have 10 kids and my wife have 8 sons, I wanna buy gfx cards to them"

"Ok here you go kind Sir"

why are gamers morons. Laptops have come a long way.

Buy a fucking gaming laptop. crypto isnt hurting that market, and performance isnt bad, unless youre a hardware ocd nazi.

$700-$1500 gets you a very decent laptop very capable of running vietually most pc games available.

People want to game on bigger screens

>What is an hdmi out port

I thought the only way to turn a profit mining these days was with ASICs, so why is there still a GPU shortage?

No problem bb ;)

>if they need more of the bits and pieces, the bits and pieces get more expensive.

>ITT people who think GPUs should run through arbitrary hamster wheels with no creative or productive utility instead of being used for what they were designed for,

>we can only sell you this card if you plan on using it for gaming and not mining cryptocurrencies, your planning on using it for game right user
>yes
that was hard.

Nvidia
>don't sell to crpyto

AMD
>push update for gpu (even old one) optimized for crypto mining.

Be patient

Suboptimal gaming solution.

How exactly is gaming in any way, shape, or form a more important task than mining cryptocurrencies?

because there is a whole swath of asic-proof algos that coins such as eth (and consequently erc20 tokens) use that makes asics infeasabile.

>implying "me me me!" Reddit liberals understand anything that hasn't been explained to them by a late-night jewish comedian

Ok, shouldn't video cards be exiting out the other end of the market right now cheaply from all the miners who lose their shirt? I just checked craigslist and they're expensive as shit over there as well.

Miners sell their old burnt out cards used, which then get bought out by new miners. Demand remains high, so does the price.

Gamers keep their cards until the card dies. Miners tend to refund cards or flood the secondary market during crashes and more.

To put it bluntly, focusing on crypto kiddies would be good short term profit but if the gamers switch to other companies it's long term death as crypto goes the way of the beanie baby. Sorry champ, it's just life.