Not even a nocoiner but mining this late in the game is pretty stupid

Not even a nocoiner but mining this late in the game is pretty stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

stateofthedapps.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

or, nvidia can get their heads out of their asses and realize gaming is stupid an pivot to market exclusively towards cryptocurrency miners.

Half the coins out there requires mining to work, so if it wouldn't be profitable to mine, it would all come crashing down. The point is, it will always be profitable to mine.

>Gaming is stupid

So is crypto.

Opinions are opinions mane.

Mining has a 40% ROI per month at the moment.

>be game company
>oh look nvidia has released another 20gb vram card
>fire the optimizing team we just use up the 20gb
>manager gets a raise
idk why even bother anymore with pcgaming you get watered unoptimized console ports lmao

With what coins

>realize gaming is stupid
this

why the FUCK would I waste my hard earned life sitting in front of a computer grinding achievements in a game im not even going to play within a year

gaming is for children

i should go play games to take my mind off the bears tearing the market to shreds

Idk bc you are a joyless incel?

I game a fee days a week already well I to my career and have done well in crypto.

Sounds like miners are just salty.

cryptonight for amd, equihash for nvidia

even eth is still pretty profitable

Because gamers don’t know how to achieve in life

>miners making big buck while gaymerfags pay 400$ for shitty rx570

The absolute state of hashlets

If you put gaming and crypto holders on a Venn diagram it would be almost 1 circle.

You both trash senpai.

Correct. Equihash for older AMD cards. That's why everything above a 280 isn't gonna drop in price anytime soon.

>I game a fee days a week already well I to my career and have done well in crypto
maybe you could spend your time doing something like spending time with your girlfriend, learning a hobby, reading a book, etc

sorry you don't have any interests
>gaming made me 100k in a month

crypto holders: brilliant, curious investors who seek to understand new technologies in an emerging market where they take risks and reap great rewards for helping create a better world

gamers: low iq soyboys

R/iamverysmart needs you senpai.

Put the fedora away,

>girlfriend

>depreciating assets
>bad store of value
>high chance of exit scam

opinion discarded

Lmao do you actually believe this.

You really don't think neckbeards arent the major defining group in both groups.

Like 5 years ago dude. Crypto is mainstream. The same people who are high achievers in other facets of life have moved onto crypto.

>he thinks gamers arn't the modern ferdora
see for further proof

The absolute joyless mensa wannabe attitudes of miners ROFL.

NVIDIA know what the fuck is up.
This is just to placate their gamer audience so they buy the next card that comes out with built in defects.

Both NVIDIA and retailers know that retailers will not turn down 1k USD if a miner offers it in a store.

The sad fact is "Gamers" will eat up this bullshit

>sorry m'lady I cannot come over to watch a movie I have to play DOTA with my friends.

I only know one person I can say is invested in mining fully and before he was doing this and acting like an insufferable egomaniac he was the most mellow dude who did nothing, aspired for nothing and seldom ever made enemies. Noone talks to the fucker now and I cant help but wonder if mining is just another outlet for the unexceptional to be something more than below average and we get a good reminder most of these people have few friends because they're the type of poor-to-rich that alienates their own family and previous friends should they of learned socially considerate and acceptable behavior at some point before they hit it big on crypto.

wtf are you on about. you literally just turn on your miner and that's it. move on with your life, readjust to more profitable coins as needed.

do you think he's just sitting there staring at his gpu lol?

lol

The fellow talks about nothing but crypto, has no fridge or microwave and got kicked out of his parents house since he mined on their electricity bill as long as he could. Before crypto he talked about useless fun shit like anyone else and didnt carry the holier than thou attitude he picked up. He just buys/trade same day/same week every day every hour. Its made him into a shell of the person he used to be but if hes happy I guess im happy for him.

>seek to understand new technologies

kek

Half of this board can't even tell you what half the coins do

Lmao

kek. I said it as a joke, but some of us actually have to read the white papers and do our due dilligence to make sure it's not a scam before it's shilled to you guys.

>sorry m'lady I cannot come over to watch a movie I have to play DOTA with my friends.

nothing wrong with this
t. haven't played a video game in at least 2 years

...but you guys said it was going to the moon and x10 in a few days!
I like how people on here go all in into shitcoins they know nothing at all about and then complain a week later because the thing dropped like a stone.

>mining this late in the game is pretty stupid.

>we will never go back to the old days of just waiting for a new coin to pop up on bitcointalk so you can be one of the first few miners
>ywn be able to mine ~150k doge off of a single 660 ever again

The guy was mentally fucked before he started mining. If it wasn't mining rigs, he'd be shitting his life away doing something else.Don't try and pretend mining ruined him, he was fucking broken to begin with.

i'm making between $10-15/day with two 1080 ti's i got for $650 each on ebay. not a huge amount of money but getting paid out in eth and i really believe eth will be going to $5000 end of year. so that $10-15/day is more like $50/day if that happens. electricity works out to about $2.50/day.

I'm in the market for a 1080ti. Wheres a good place to pick GPUs now? Chinese retailers?

I'm not paying $1K for tech that is about to be replaced thats for sure. Might aswell wait for the 2080 or go for a Titan V.

That's because there isn't a single coin out there that does a damn thing.
>b-but muh overstock.com with btc
It's all speculation, not investing in a future currency, for a reason.

I live in NZ and theres still plenty of gpus in stock with retailers.
They're overpriced but fuck they still pay themselves off in 100-150 days

stateofthedapps.com/

>paid $200 for a rx290 years ago
>still maxes every game at 1440p

If it wasn't mining, It would of been something else that is an outlet for the unexceptional to feel superior about something and get all uppity over. It's less the individual case and more wondering if some of the shittier behavior that seems consistent among cointraders is brought out by them being above average for a change and it going to their already full of passive aggressive rage head.

I have 3 rigs with 8x GTX 1080s each. I've made on average $213/day selling everything I mine once a day.

I've literally paid off one card every 2-3 days depending on market fluctuations. I then roll the profits into my holds (VEN, WTC, ETH) and cash out enough to pay power costs which is on average $200/mo @ $0.04/kwh.

My ass it's not profitable.

getting hands on 24 1080's now....

@ 800 a pop on ebay

Plus another 1k to build each rig, call is 22K startup cost.

103 days at 213 a day to break even.

Is it really that simple, 100 day payback is not bad...

Bullshit. I mine VTC and Myriad. Both are merge mined with Unitus. I also mined Burst coin with a few External hard drives awhile back. Four fucking coins with one standard Gaming PC. OP is just salty. Of course mining the coins that have already mooned isn't very profitable. Don't be a brainlet, mine coins that are still cheap and easy to acquire, and wait for it to moon.

I mined 20k Bytecoin back when it was $0.001 and quit once the difficulty started to go up. That shit has since gone up 1000% in value.

Why sell everyday? Why not sell once a week during price peaks? Honestly curious

>Its the late game

Its estimated it will take over 100 years to mine every bitcoin.

>Why sell everyday? Why not sell once a week during price peaks? Honestly curious

bird in hand...

This. Gaming is for children. If you are an avid gamer, you are a child - regardless of how old you are physically. I'm glad that Veeky Forums seems red pilled on gaming more than most other boards.

What soon-to-moon coins should I point my rigs at?

it less than 2k coins a day right now.

and the halvening hits in 2021, the block rewards gets halved again. and halved again.

its supposedly like 2140 before all coins get mined becuae the block reward halves on known intervals.

At some point, it will litereally be a 1 coin reward which millions of dollars of computational power will be competing to win, so in theory anyways the prices of that single coin will be millions...

>What soon-to-moon coins should I point my rigs at?

its 100% speculation user.

sumo, pirl, bullwark?

turtle, garlic?

>what are power bills

what the fuck are you guys mining

I've got a small number of cards for such purposes, they're getting tired chipping away at HUSH & BTCZ.

What can I mine with a 1070 that will get me some extra coins for trading?

I make more money trading than Miners do
And I have the ability to use my computer for computer shit instead of having it running full ball using all my energy and killing the Gpus after a single summer

I think Myriad is looking awesome, it was pretty much the first multi algo coin. Also Hobonickels is looking good. I still mine VTC cause I have an Nvidia card, and Vertcoin just announced they'll be releasing vertbase soon, and exchange that enables Direct USD Fiat to VTC trading should create a pretty nice boost in price, also they just sent out a message saying they've received 10,000 VTC in funding and will be getting added to new exchanges very soon... they said they've signed NDA agreements so they can't say which exchanges until it goes live.

user.

the honest simple answer is to just run nicehash.

It will pick the most profitable thing and pay you in btc.

a single 1070 will probably pick equihash and pay you like 4 bucks a day right now.

it doesn't seem like much, but on a monthly basis its still mroe shekels to buy stuff with..

GAYmers don't know what they're missing.

You'd make more gains if you took the gpu money and just bought crypto instead

>non gamers are incels

Holy shut you manchildren are so fucking delusional about your faggot little games. You spend all your free time leveling up characters in a fantasy world lmfao. Gamers are such disgusting faggots.

How much does a mining rig cost in total anyway?

Who said I'm mining all on GPU? I've had these equipment investments paid off for months, and now I just wake up and collect $300-$600 in BTC daily with minimal maintenance. I also didn't pay $1000+ for my 1080 Ti's like everyone else getting into GPU mining.

Anyone who says mining isn't profitable is deluded or late to the game.

That depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to mine. Generally about $3k to $20k

Whats your build man?

Onto them my old 290's go.

I image it takes a year or so to go even?

>he thinks it's late
do you have any evidence or are you talking out your ass?

Look at the price of every single top 10 coin in Jan 2017 and see what you think

Dumb question, I’m actually away from home and the best pc I’ve around has a AMD 6850, with free electricity.

There’s any possibility to mine something?

>GAMING IS DUMB
>PRODUCTIVITY IS DUMB
>RENDER FARMS ARE DUMB
>CUDA ACCELERATION IS DUMB

i'm an enlightened Veeky Forumstard and use my GPU horsepower purely to crunch arbitrary hashes that only exist so that they are difficult to parse because $2 a day means that much to me.

Between 3 and 6 months depending on your hardware config. If you get large multi-gpu mobo's with Vegas or 1080's at good prices you can get it under 3.

>Having fun in life is bad

>I image it takes a year or so to go even?
about 100 days, give or take, assuming you keep it running 24x7.

don't do it if you are not pretty handy and competent PC mechanic and sys admin.

When did you get into crypto? a month ago?

Wasn't planning to, since i don't know shit about system administration outside the very basics. I'm just curious how it works. If anything i'll just use minersgate or some shit on my secondary desktop.

Just checked those websites where you can calculate mining profits, according to that I'll break even in about 5 months, but I need a new gaming rig anyway since mines 7 years old now, but I don't game a lot so can't justify spending that amount on just gaming, so I'm thinking on mining the rest of the time. Is there anything that would complicate making a gaming and mining rig? Like hardware that would be good for mining being shit at games or something? I haven't realy looked into mining except mining dog coin back when it just started.

You get 500 dollars worth of crypto every day, por que los dos?

>When did you get into crypto? a month ago?

he says he is pulling 200 bucks a day mining.

over 365 days its 73 grand.

IF he paid 20k for his rigs(no idea) then he got 50 grand.

If he bought 20k with of BTC at 1K each, he would have 10x'd today and have 200k.

This is why pretty much everyone says buying is better than mining.

Its probably true, it all depends on timing.

Alot of guys in 2016 mined ether on like 50 GPU and put thousands of eth in their wallets.

Eth is now 1K and those dudes are millionaires.

same story though, they spent alot of money on miners and could have bought the eth for 20 cents or whatever.

You don't need to be a sysadmin to fucking mine lmao if you are the type of person normies ask for computer advice you can build and run a mining rig, it's really not that hard.

That would be a bad move. Abandon an established market in which you already have a loyal customer base and dominance, shift it over to a fad. Terrible.
If they go this route I’ll be short nvidia.
That doesn’t stop it from being a multi trillion industry. People exist who are not you - especially kids who literally have nothing better to do than grind meaningless achievements. Some of them even make careers of it.
Hell, they’re trying to milk it the same way they’ve done to spectator sports.

I can make 60$ a day with my 1080?
How?

What do you mine?

this

i spent 15k on miners in 2013
i also bought a bunch of BTC to buy asic chips

guess why
ASIC chips didn't materialize
I held the BTC (i was mining in 2011 too)

the mining profits made me 100k
the coins i held made me 1M

you are missing the fact that the "200 dollars" he mined was increasing as long as he didn't cash out. If you mined 200 dollars worth of eth a day in summer that's like 800 dollars worth today. ROI is a meme, you don't get paid in USD you get paid in crypto.

Here is how you avoid price gouging.
You buy from the manufacturer.
I bought my 1080ti from EVGA, I bought my 980ti from newegg and then RMA'd it within a week to EVGA.
Buying from the manufacturer is better than getting ripped off by tards on ebay selling fan cool'd cards for over a fucking grand.

Gaming is for fat manchildren and /pol/ tier individuals who don't produce anything worthwhile to society with their advances unlike crypto.

>implying i have to tell the soyboy at the counter what im going to use it for

not to mention you can pay for your mining rig with interest-free installments if you have good credit, can't really do the same with buying crypto directly as far as i''m aware

What did you buy?

>the entire allure of crypto is to make society pump it so you can be rich for nothing
>gaming is a leech

don't bother. it's five months today. will be a year in a couple of weeks, and the most profitable way of mining is changing its model to make it redundant in six months.

it's a pajeet game.

How have no competitors entered the fucking GPU market yet?

use nicehash brah

No you don't
1k/day

what fucking credit card gives you interest free installments?!

Tell me of your rigs good sir.

Gaming is only gucci if you do it with friends so its sorta like hangin out.

Tbh I used to play games/watch streams all days when I was in hs. I could have socialized and go out with my friends, O could literally do anything and it would be way more benificial than vidyas.

Replace the dopamine effect from vidyas to gym, its healthier, setting prs is more fun than grinding achievements and phisique will give you more sucess with ladies.

>nvidia tells retailers

oh yeah gamers you see, we're the good guys!!