U.S. Rating Agency to Issue Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Grades Wednesday

Weiss Ratings, a U.S. independent rating agency, had announced that it will issue letter grades on cryptocurrencies, to be released Wednesday January 24. Beyond market leader bitcoin (BTC), the rating agency will also issue grades for ethereum (ETH), Ripple’s XRP, bitcoin cash (BCH), cardano (ADA), NEM (XEM), litecoin (LTC), stellar (XLM), EOS, IOTA, Dash, NEO, TRON, Monero (XMR), bitcoin gold (BTG) and many others.

So, what are your predictions?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bitcoin.com/u-s-rating-agency-to-issue-bitcoin-and-cryptocurrency-grades-wednesday/
xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/validators
rabbitkick.club/
ripple.com/files/ripple_consensus_whitepaper.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no they aren't

yes they are

Everything plummet 50%

news.bitcoin.com/u-s-rating-agency-to-issue-bitcoin-and-cryptocurrency-grades-wednesday/

Oh shieeet NEO gonna moon.

I think btc will get a sub par rating and drop.

I think some shit coins will receive good ratings and skyrocket 2000%

I think XLM, ADA and VEN will receive high ratings and gain needed momentum

“Many cryptocurrencies are murky, overhyped and vulnerable to crashes. The market desperately needs the clarity that only robust, impartial ratings can provide,” said Weiss Ratings founder, Martin D. Weiss, PhD. “We’re proud to be the first to bring that benefit to investors — to help them cut through the hype and identify the few truly solid cryptocurrencies. Our ratings are based on hard data and objective analysis. But they’re bound to create controversy, including some grades that may come as a surprise to some people.”

PepeCash get's a 5 start rating like it did by the Japanese government.

>Wednesday the 24th
>literally 2 days before the next wave of futures reaches maturity
GEE I WONDER WHAT THE GRADES WILL LOOK LIKE

Are the kikes even trying anymore?

XRP will be the highest rated crypto. Screenshot this.

Agreed. No doubt. ETH wull be lower than people expect given the crypto kitty slowdown

Monero will take a hit from compliance issues.

XLM should basically rate as well as XRP.

I'm half-expecting BTC to get a mediocre grade.
It will probably get a B, though.

Will cryptocurrencies have a rating of their own and be rated against each other? Or will they be rated with the current system and compete with traditional investments?

ETH : A-
XRP : B
BCH : B+
ADA : B
NEM : B+
LTC : C-
XLM : A
EOL : B-
IOTA : C
DASH : D
TRON : F
XMR : C
BTG : D
BTC : B-

They're using a new rating system created for cryptos.
However, they'll receive A-F letter grades just like other investments.

> XRP : B
Stopped reading.

Platform based coins that are backed by usage in the platform will be graded better than bitcoin which is backed by literally nothing.

1 ETH gives you the right to use smart contracts, 1 BTC just lets you send transactions back and forth.

Cardano gets top 5. It would be number one if they acknowledge its still a few years until full finish

Not only platforms, but what company and which people are behind each coin will directly affect the rating.

This is turning out to be the biggest scam in history

KEK XRP is literal S grade for SCAM.

Thats what I'm thinking. No way it can't be real, can it? Too obvious

Back to /pol/ you go.

>jews won't back fellow jews
L
O
FUCKING
GIGA-L

>>Platform based coins that are backed by usage in the platform
whales are moving away from holding cash transaction cryptos some hold zero

>tfw holding XMR and BCH
There's absolutely no way these two don't get high ratings based on tech.

The whole thing will be for determining which are stable enough for institutional hedge fund investments that will happening by Q3 of this year. The winning coins haven't even begun to take off yet.

All I know is XRP and XLM will be in the top for the tech and all sorts of reasons. The only thing thay worries me about XRP is how they will interpret a large portion being held by key individuals, even if there are selling restrictions.

I think you misread. XRP is getting an A, not a B.

Not a real Crypto.

Only survivors of this rating procesos are btc and eth, everything else is pure horseshit.

They'll love it, since the company's board and leadership team is incestuous with banking and corporate elite.
It's only a concern for low-level conspiratards that refuse to understand how the world works.

SeeXRP's tech is actually pretty shit. Centralized consensus just makes it faster and that is a massive disadvantage.

This is nothing more than a way for jews to shill the crypto they want people to buy and FUD the ones they don't.

Also, keep in mind that there is ALREADY a $100m hedge fund DENOMINATED in XRP being run by the founder of TechCrunch.

>I think btc will get a sub par rating and drop.
Considering the banking jews have been positioning themslves to buy into BTC hard, this makes sense that they'll try to drive the price down further with their own jew FUD.

BTC has more actual "backing" than the paper IOUs the (((Federal Reserve))) controls, amusingly. At least crypto has the potential to go up in value.

This is not accurate

It's amazing how many of you parrot this.
You can't even explain what you mean by it.
Unfortunate brainlet.

FEELS GOOD BEING A STELLIE RIGHT NOW

The protocol is not centralized at all, but you likely haven't read anything about it other than second-hand opinions.

Also, how retarded can you get?
> "being faster is a disadvantage"

Youre going to be very shocked and dissappointed in a few days friend

youll see 4 dollars again and then back to 1 dollar

AirSwap will be one and get a perfect score.

Centralized consensus based on "trust" is the disadvantage, brainlet.

That is an enormous advantage in the eyes of the banks and large corporations.
They do not want Joe Jerkoff to be able to show up and have a say based on how many nodes he can run.
What they want is selective control over who they trust, which is how their relationships already work and have worked for hundreds of years.

this

>enormous advantage in the eyes of the banks and large corporations

Based off what? Banks are making their own private "blockchains". They've been playing with the stuff for years, they don't need Ripple Labs and they sure as fuck don't need XRP. Corporations are more attracted to crypto, like Overstock or Bitpay. Adoption got fucked by Blockstream Core, but it's coming back with BCH and quickly.

I've got 2000 DOGE coins.

I hope I'll make it.

Alright so consensus is not centralized, and its also not biased on trust. Want to take one more swing at justifying your ideological hate for XRP?

Kek, btc will get some shitty grades for sure, to help the wall street futures guys make more money, screencap this

If you don't understand who is behind Ripple Inc, then I can't help you.
I don't give a shit if you miss out.

IMO we will see ETH, BCH with good ratings, BTC with a bad one.
Whay may happen TO XMR, LTC, NEO?

Well, it means they are already priced in. This info is always sold to hedge funds before the street.
Guess you know why BTC is crashing. Pajeets don't have enough money to hurt BTC.

Oh, validators aren't selected? What is the proof algorithm that makes the network trustless and what kind of hardware do I need?

XLM and Ripple will receive the highest grades, then immediately skyrocket.

Dont be suprised to see $4-5 usd RXP and $1-2 usd XLM by this coming weekend

You can run it on commodity hardware.
I've got a rippled server running on a 10 year old Thinkpad.

I see no reason for XMR to have a poor rating. It's THE privacy coin and it's got so many things coming out in the next fork.

Hey bud there is this thing that was written up about the tech behind XRP maybr you heard of it it's called a white paper

Really? How many transactions do you validate and what is the proof algo the network that makes it trustless?

$5 XLM Ez

XMR won't get a rating.
Everyone has their heads in the sand about XMR, and if they do mention it, it's only as it being the new "Dark Web Money"

>what is being facetious

Those don't exist on XRP. It's trusted validators, shitlord.

I'm running it as a hobbyist, and it isn't marked as a validator.

It does validate every transaction, but no one on the network uses it as a validation source.

If I wanted to, I could flip a single software switch to mark it as a validator, then publish it on the official list of validators. I have a friend who did this recently.

That doesn't mean anyone has to trust it. If I really wanted to get people to trust my node, I'd have to give them good reasons to do so, and convince them that I'm a trustworthy, known actor who can provide a stable node.

I think the perception is beginning to change on that. People are starting to realize that having your net worth and transaction history available to everyone will get you stabbed by Taco Bell niggers.

Also, the algorithm is a solution to the byzantine generals problem that looks for 80%+ of the network to agree on a given transaction.

Interesting.

Is it safe to assume that once this news spreads it will kick the market back into gear as people speculate on premium alts that could get high grades?

There are only 55 validators and they're all selected on trust. You're friend is either lying to you or retarded. You can put your nodes up, but no one will trust you so your node doesnt do anything.

^absolutely

Anything that gets an A or B will skyrocket immediately

There's no proof in that. It's just selected validators who are pre selected.

Trusted validators*

No, his node is listed. I've checked it myself.
Those 55 validators are the ones that are part of the trust network that extends out from Ripple's own servers.
There are many, many more validators being run, which are on anyone's trust list.

Anyway, this stuff is easy to read and learn about if you're actually interested. However, it's clear you only want to argue, and not understand. Reddit is more your speed.

>his node is listed
Link, I want to see how much validating he's doing.

>So, what are your predictions?
don't be fooled by jews sir

>robust

2020 it'll go mainstream.
Just keep acquiring silently.

As I've said, every node validates all transactions.
The only difference between a "regular" node and a "validator" node is that a variable representing whether the node should be considered a validator is set to 1 instead of 0. It's a way of saying to all other nodes: "Hey, you can use me as a validator"

You can see the list of PUBLISHED validators here: xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/validators

This does not include ALL validators - only the ones that people have taken the trouble to register and have been accepted onto the list.

XRP 5/5 stars! Fast transactions, banks love it, and it can be regulated unlike 1/5 star BTC!

Ripple is truly the future of crypto!

FUCK OFF BOOMERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY. STOP TRYING TO RUIN EVERYTHING. FUCKING DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE AND LET US MAKE SOME FUCKING MONEY YOU CUNTS

I just noticed another validator node on that list belonging to someone I've talked with on xrpchat.com

He's a professor that runs the node for rabbitkick.club/

>During consensus, each node evaluates proposals from a specific set of peers, called chosen validators 6. Chosen validators represent a subset of the network which, when taken collectively, is "trusted" not to collude in an attempt to defraud the node evaluating the proposals. This definition of "trust" does not require that each individual chosen validator is trusted. Rather, validators are chosen based on the expectation they will not collude in a coordinated effort to falsify data relayed to the network

Your friend isn't validating dick, he is not in this "trusted" subset. XRP is not crypto, crypto is trustless.

Again, you only want to argue and be "right" so there's no way to make you think.

For anyone else reading, his node is marked as a validator, and it's validating transactions. AFAIK, no one has him on their node's trust list.

I pulled that from Ripples own website, dude. If you're not a selected validators you're not actually enforcing consensus or validating actual transactions. All you're doing is relying to trusted validators.

>TRX making the list

And if you really want to understand and not just spout off about how Ripple is "not a real crypto" like a lobotomized parrot, you'll spend some time reading:

ripple.com/files/ripple_consensus_whitepaper.pdf

Which is exactly what I've been saying.
It's not getting through to you because you already have your conclusion in mind.
But, it does not matter to me. I am happy that a person like you has missed out.

No, but XVG did.

Nows an excellent time to buy into Verge, u less their rating sucks, if not though, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>doing all the legwork for a centralized network and not even receiving block rewards or even voting privileges
Top cuck

XLM GOING UP

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
Herd animals like you are easy to manage. Give them a pat on the ego and a piece of candy now and then.
Stay salty.

Just try not to lose your wife's sons college money on this PnD :^)

they profit if the price reaches the amount their contract predicts, regardless of whether it's higher or lower.
it would be real nice if one of you useless cunts could explain whether it's possible to view these futures contracts, and how to do so. then we could pinpoint which contracts appear to be affiliated with wall street, and we can be the few who don't get savagely assraped by whatever is about to happen.

Like I said. Herd animal. Herd memes.

So wpuld you fags well everything and put it into ripple

>he thinks this is the first time XRP has gained 1000s%

It always dumps hard every time it's done this. Keep hodling though #XRPthestandard :DDDDDD

Jesus this response is embarrassing. Everyone, please look at this post and recognize it has no place in the mind of an investor. This person is not an investor but a meme spouting millennial. Ignore anything said by them.

Fuck no.

XLM if anything.

Verge is getting ranked too. Its only at 0.10USD, so if that atts a A-B ranking, prepare to see it go 0.20-0.30 at least

Fuck off back to Twitter

I've held for years. Stay salty.