ChainLink use

What the fuck is this guy even talking about?

Don't give me the DYOR bullshit. Explain to me like I'm a lazy but pushy and skeptical boomer how or why the fucking hell a digital token is "meant for contracts, escrow, law, and just about anything else that can be linked through API." Break the whole thing down for me, and probably hundreds of other people who post here.

Other urls found in this thread:

azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/blog/scanatomy-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

up

DYOR fucking retard

know what the sad part is? its usually really poor anons who post this kind of fud so they can "keep accumulating" putting in pennies from their mcdonald job, greedily wanting the price to remain low because they wish they had 20k to put in at once. One day all this fud will add up and you will wish you never posted it

Deluded linkies.

That said, I bought 200 LINK just in case. Probably getting exit scammed by Ser-gay but I would fucking hate to kms if it ever becomes that expensive.

Also, there's no way LINK could ever hope to become $1k, because why the fuck would a company spend so much money to use LINK when they could just make their own LINK copy or use the myriad of other LINK clones that will surely pop up if LINK is successful?

why? I don't want you and "hundreds of other people" to buy. If you buy, link gets expensive and I want to buy more.

he's a pajeet shill. Literally every fucking thread here that talks about a single coin or token is an echo chamber.

This image tells you everything you need to know about link.
No more research, reading white papers or whatever bs.

The token is like a ticket to ride a plane. The LINK token allows people to use the chainlink network. The decentralized network where smartcontracts are able to be securely paired off to external data. The security that the chainlink network allows theoretically allows for high value usage of smart contracts in remittances, derivatives markets, insurance contracts. The reason we are only seeing smart contracts utilised as token exchangers is because decentralized oracles do not exist and data is not secure enough to trust.

basically this is the direction crypto has been headed toward from the beginning.

currency (btc) --> blockchain (eth) --> smart contracts (link)

It is the first movie of a potentially world changing sphere, and being in the right place and time, has partnerships under NDA with swift and major players.

It makes ripple look like a fucking joke. if we do ripples #s we'd already be worth $150 rn.

whatever led you here, you basically lucked into the next Ethereum

20.000$ eoy

>It's going to $1000/token minimum

Linkies are so fucking deluded
Even more than ARKies

The DEVS THEMSELVES HAVE SAID THAT THERE IS NO POINT IN HAVING LINK COST MORE THAN A CUP OF COFFEE

It's going to maybe $3.50, tops. That's if it REALLY catches on, but I doubt it.

Once smartcontracts infiltrate derivative markets it’s over. Everyone knows this is inevitable. ChainLink is how those smartcontracts can talk to off-chain information. It’s perfect.

Link puts me at a loss for words

it is a bit annoying, but a lot of them think this is some pajeet shit that sounds too good to be true. they weren't around seeing ethereum go up 1000x, what happens when a first mover meets its time.

Hhhmmm. Yummy new tasty FUD pasta!

omnomnomnomnom

Hey faggotron, user here that you screen capped. Don't expect other people to do your research.

As I warned you in the other thread don't buy into LINK. It's a Pajeet scam coin and it already got shadow forked and is useless.

this

I bought 5k LINK at $0.33 months ago and held them during the prolonged dip below that.

But I still have no fucking idea what it does. People toss buzzwords around. "Dude smart contracts lmao." Fuck off. What is the actual use of it for corporations? It's a currency. How is it more "secure" than USD or credit? What exactly is it replacing? Lawyers? Literally what?

He's right you know.

literally kill yourself

Wait the major claim to fame for link is 'it connects to an api', holy fuck

You have no idea what you're talking about dumbfuck, go read a whitepaper for once before you make a fool of yourself. Nobody here has any obligation to spoon feed you, either figure it out yourself or fuck off; you don't contribute anything here.

OP do you know what the internet is?

Imagine carving up the entire value of the internet into only 1 billion pieces, and having the chance to buy those pieces for under $1.

That's what LINK is.

MY DICK IS SO HARD

holy fuck and they have the balls to call arkies deluded

i see why people hate link holders. Im tired of seeing these fucking threads. buy it or fuck off

I am sorry that explaining something to another human being is very hard and threatening for you. I take it you majored in computer science. We will find a cure for autism one day.

Something tells me that is not right. I don;'t even know if you're joking or not.

fags buy a coin and haven't even read the whitepaper

This is why people say DYOR, because you're asking too many disparate questions.
Go read the whitepaper, go read an informational guide, literally do the smallest amount of research and you'll answer all of your questions.

Here's a sample: it allows dApps to connect to off-chain APIs and data fees.

If you don't see why this applies to corporations, what this means for blockchain development, and can't conjecture what the LINK token will be used for I can only assume the following:
a) you literally have done no research
b) you probably don't have the slightest idea what smart contracts are, what dApps are trying to do, and what all of these mean for disrupting legacy business
c) you unironically deserve to be poor if you're FUDing a project that you invested in without doing the bare minimum amount of research

right there with you

he is right except its more like a utility of the internet, so it's like carving up http requests, or 'having a stake in electricity'. link's value is too abstract right now because its the very first of its kind so no one can wrap their head around it.

Nah it is right. I'm not even being all that metaphorical with it. Data is the new oil, and at this point its like LINK is the only oil rig manufacturer.

I'm a developer for a living, which helps weed out the genuinely interesting from the novelty science projects a bit. Blockchain tech and dApps are still such a new concept that its like we're being a chance to invest not just in apps, but in protocols that will go on to become standards. LINK is the only project aiming to solve the Oracle problem in a way that could feasibly go on to become the standard, and with the partnerships they have lined up (zeppelin_os, SWIFT, likely Docusign), it seems increasingly likely that they actually will go on to become the standard for getting data into and out of blockchains.

Think of Ethereum like a decentralized computer, but one without an internet connection. You can have your dumb CryptoKitty games on it, but most of its abilities are cut off without the ability to talk to other systems. LINK really does stand to become the internet for the dApp era.

>It's a currency.

What the fuck.

Then why does it have 18 decimals?

Good try though.

I actually did major in Computer Science because it has some real value unlike most other shit. Anyways, I can't be bothered to explain a thing to you because you haven't shown anyone that you're worth giving an explanation to, you clearly haven't bothered to do your own research about what Chainlink solves; you just want to be spoonfed like the chubby little baby you are. You don't deserve a slice of our pie, go buy ripple instead.

But you can store data on the blockchain already without link?? dapps are already working without link?

this realization hits me in wave; like when you're on shrooms and think for a few moments you've sobered up only to start seeing monkeys again and the ride continues. i'm not sure it's a possibility i can accept.

Okay. Thank you for the real explanation.

This shit is way over my head. Two summers ago I dated a girl who was doing her masters in data science at University of Chicago and I never understood a thing she said. I understand "data" and "big data" and all that are exploding right now, but it's very difficult to understand as a layman what you guys are even talking about when you use the term "data," and how or why this is some new thing. And especially how something like ChainLink puts a price on it.

I already said I own 5k link which i bought at $0.33.

Also I am not chubby.

Block size is limited, can only store so much data 'within' a 'coin', scarcity creates value

tfw there is already a crypto that deals with the derivatives market

Sell me some on the next dump, I'll gladly take them off your hands. Maybe you could try and download some more brain cells online so you might be able to understand how fucking important it is that you hold onto those links you have.

Bitcoin super conference when?

fuck off pol subhuman

>Also, there's no way LINK could ever hope to become $1k, because why the fuck would a company spend so much money to use LINK when they could just make their own LINK copy or use the myriad of other LINK clones that will surely pop up if LINK is successful?

LINKLARP is the highest form of PoMo art and entertainment on the whole of the internet.

but why?

I'm not selling.

My desire to understand LINK has nothing to do with what I'm doing with the investment.

Sometimes you computer science nerds have no idea what insufferable, self-important assholes you act like and then you wonder why you can't get laid. I majored in English and psychology and have never been such a condescending twat when someone asks me something about these things. You are truly a cruel and awful person. Have a nice night.

>why would companies use microsoft word when they can just make their word processor software?

I'm starting to do research on mobious. Getting a bit worried. Not gonna lie.

More trust behind LINK
Seriously you think anyone's going to use the Pajeetcoin Mobius

It solves the oracle problem

OP the name is pretty self explanatory.
Links blockchains together like how the internet links computers together.
Pretty fuckin easy to understand.

This is a good question
Libreoffice does the same thing as Microsoft Office but is free

can someone explain to a normie where I would find the cost savings in my contracts escrows and laws by using chainlink

LINK is the ultimat pajeet coin.

You completely miss the purpose of this coin if you believe that it could ever eventually go every close to those prices.
It couldn't be possible to use it at those price you damn retards.

There's 350million link tokens circulating with a total of 1billion, right? Can you guys name me one $5+ coin with 300 million+ circulating?

>making a token with one click is the same as writing 100k lines of code.

No, it does not do the same things. Have you ever properly used office?

No not really
Anytime I want to do anything advanced I just use LaTeX like someone with at least an eighth of a brain would

this guy fucks

>I picked the most reddit majors of them all
Don't blame me for your inability to do the most basic research before sharing your ignorant opinion on a chilean salsa dancing forum. I wouldn't have acted the way I did towards you if you didn't say some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard in your original post, do your own research before making yourself look like an idiot. Also, I have no issues getting laid, your wife tastes fantastic; goodnight sweetheart.

EOS and ICON.

This has been a good thread and I've learned nothing from it. Let's keep it going.

EOS, ICX.

Now what?

You underestimate office. Latex is good, I use it too. But word has many many things under the hood. I'm sure that there are YouTube videos on the advanced stuff. It is worth knowing.

i mean biz shilled omisego until link came along and its been nonstop shilling and it literally is the worst project even worse than pajeet scamcoins because they think it was going to be used by swift lol

It is silly because crypto relies on decentralized trust, if you run a centralized crypto you myswell deploy a traditional solution

kind of like how nobody uses mac/dell and everyone is using eMachines and compaq?

> I majored in English and psychology

is that way brainlet.

>LINK is not dividable. Forget about the 18 decimals
>Costs to pay node operators is set in stone at 10 LINK

I'll just assume you're fucking around.

Good night is two words, I am not married, and you have no idea how semicolons work. Also paying backpage hookers to condom blowjobs doesn't count as "getting laid."

the majority of the tokens are going to be held by large node operators (corporations) so just consider them nonexistent. The price is going to go way up when the actual available supply starts shrinking

Lol, spoken like a true fucking brainlet.

Microsoft Word is around the same price as its competitors. Difference is about 20% at most.

Now compare that with a $100 LINK vs $5 new competitor. It makes NO sense for a company to use LINK at that point. Also, the new guy will probably have more innovation as well.

The FUD in chainlink runs so deep man. Deeper than any coin I've ever seen.

love chainlink

Go back to pleddit if you want to correct grammer, no one gives a shit here.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT NOBODY IS GOING TO BE BUYING TOKENS WHEN THIS THING GOES LIVE

Are you fucking brainlet? Single token price doesn’t matter to companies unless they want set up the node

>Good night is two words
some might say it's, interlinked.

HAHAHHAHAH so fucking dumb.

Ah welcome. I see you have joined us. Have you set up your MEw yet to purchase your LINK? I would be happy to help you.
Praise kek and his prophet Sergey!
I think you will like it here user.

There genuinely are a lot of brainlets who simply are incapable of understanding what LINK really does.

We had the same type of fucking brainlets last year who didn't understand what a smartcontract was, so for them it meant that Ethereum was shit.

Microsoft and IBM are building their own oracles. No one's going to use Chainlink, but since it's the only oracle with a token you can trade on exchanges, it gets shilled daily.

>Go back to pleddit if you want to correct grammer, no one gives a shit here.
Back to krautchan I go then.

Shut up, faggot.

>Microsoft and IBM are building their own oracles.

LibreOffice is completely free. Not a single company I've worked for uses it.

Also, you don't need LINK to host a node, its actually for micropaying reputable nodes.

jesus christ the brainlet memes are killing me

LINK is only used by the node operators. End users of the smart contract oracle solutions never have to buy link lmao. It is solely used to pay people to run nodes in exchange for their processing power to confirm the contracts. This is the part that makes us rich. Centralised oracle solutions won't. LINK needs us as much as we need LINK. LINK is love, LINK is life.

A;m I ;us;ing my s;emicol;ons pr;oper;ly n;ow;? Regardless, you should do your own research before coming here and asking questions that let everyone know you're a brainlet.

So true, they thought if we have normal contracts why the fuck would we need a smart-contract. Or we can simply add smart-contracts to all cryptos because we can't possibly justify Etheruems price.

Soon my friend.. They will all neck themselves.

azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/blog/scanatomy-2/

nice rebuttal, lol

The pajeet in your screencap is delusional. ChainLink will not replace the entire derivatives market. But that doesn't mean it's useless. It definitely has a lot of potential to be something big. Having a decentralized network of oracles will vastly increase the real-world utility of smart contracts and the whole thing is going to boom for a bit when a new DApp-focused software stack is developed and every webdev hops in on the smart contract meme. Right now DApps are limited by their lack of ability to access any data that's not stored on the blockchain.

ChainLink will probably be a part of any decentralized software stack that's used in the mid-term. Whether something eventually comes along to replace it is anyone's guess but ChainLink has an advantage of being the first mover here. Look at Bitcoin, a totally useless and broken shitcoin but everyone still uses it because it came along first.

Can you imagine the power of link + fct.

God fucking damnit it's so incredible that I almost don't care about the fact that I'm a sweaty, out-of-shape social outcast with nothing going for him (not larping).

im not even going to bother reading the replies to this one. i see 6 replies and i know youre getting fucked reemed by every single one of them. idiot.