Got cucked by my job, can i sue? INB4 Not Crypto, whatcoinisthis?, whenmoon, etc

Hey Veeky Forums what do? plus AMA

>be me in 2015
>get offered job by recruiter for 80k over the phone
>accept
>2 days later recruiter calls and says its company policy to start as an ic1 hourly 70k
>getcucked.jpg and agree since no other job lined up
>get to job and work my ass off for 4 months 60 hours a week since getting overtime
>position opens up on the same team with more responsibility and technical requirements
>apply and getcucked.jpg with a "lateral move"
>dont fight since manager says we will discuss in 3 months
>3 months comes and manager says congrats here is a promo to full time, no more overtime, and 78k
>in shock and tell manager that this is demotivating
>manager brings in hr
>hrwontbudge.jpg
>stop working as hard and have been for almost 2 years

Can I sue my company for screwing me? Should I expose my company to wired or some news magazine (it is a unicorn public company that is all for open and honesty plus says they pay their employees really well)?

What coin is this?

read title fag

Kek

so.... you're making 78k, no ot and you say you arent working as hard..hmm
how bout you put 50k into crypto and quit being a faggot?

because I live in the silicon valley and its expensive as fuck and commiefornia takes a lot of taxes

also i do have crypto, about 50k worth now

>stop working as hard and have been for almost 2 years
>almost 2 years

can you imagine being this much of a cuck

well i have been getting raises and I was a fresh college grad so i thought you needed more time on your resume

buy more you fucking idiot. you can regain that fiat but you wont be able to get cheap btc, that being said i think 8k floor is likely. gotta take risks man

top fucking kek

i need to be able to live user, parents are poor and cant support me

Thanks just bought 100k

shoot up the place

i dont really wanna do that, i like not getting assraped everyday

also i found out how much some people on my team make and its ridiculous

ok well i highly suggest you buy some more and keep working. pretty sure a shitton of people are willing to take your place

Go work at a different firm and when you're negotiating your pay, lie that you made as much as your colleagues at your firm.

It's that easy.

You must not go on /g/ where jobhopping is encouraged by this very faggy behaviour by your employer. If they want to increase retention they need to follow-thru with promises.

it's just obscene to me that you let yourself get cucked and then bent over and took it for 2 years
now you're asking "hurr should I sue them"

the answer is you shouldn't have been an underachieving piece of shit, you could have found a job making double after a few months of "experience"

I am actually a high achieving POS, I manage, build, support all of the company's internal integrations. Other companies our size have a team of 3 or 4 doing it. They just think because i am younger, aka less experience, i deserve less which is total fucking bs.

my colleagues are less technical than i am and use consultants (which i dont get any) and make more money than i am. no one can do my job on my team

That doesn't matter, just go to a different firm and lie about how much they were paying you. If the position is actually worth 6 figures, you'll get them somewhere.

>I manage, build, support all of the company's internal integrations.

okay OP, so why don't you go get another job then? SV is full of jobs constantly. You can easily make over 100k with 2 years of experience on your belt

How do you get “leverage” in this position user

Consider the following - they get progressively more risky / rewardy as you go down

> sit down your boss at lunch and say that you are looking for ways to increase your earning potential. Don’t use the words “cucked” or “you are screwig me”
> line up another role at a competitor and say you are being poached, say you will stay for reasonable increase to salary
> consider trying to set up a new business unit in the organisation, develop idea like a business inside the company, get to know VP and pitch to them. 1) understand challenges / pain points - how it aligns to your vps balances scorecard / bonus 2) Try and quantify cost but gain vp perception and buy into investigate further 3) make a deck to outline findings and recommend a new team is set up with responsibilities with a direct reporting line to him 4) put yourself forward for it
> set up your own company

so we are going thru a re-org right now since we got a new cio. So i think they wont be handing out cash like that and ive heard that trying to leverage a job offer is a bad idea and its better to just leave. should i just say ive been getting hit up on linkedin?

idk it just seems like no one is hiring for what i do and i wanna end up at a decent company with good benefits