Post your TA strategy and success, then post your binance refferences

Post your TA strategy and success, then post your binance refferences.

> MACD with RSI as primary.
> MA crosses as sure thing
> Rare hammer on candles, but nothing else
> Mostly succesful if you follow through
> Can sell too early if you are following MACD and see a small dip and cash out before the full moon
> 23707219

Other urls found in this thread:

followingthetrend.com/2014/05/why-technical-analysis-is-shunned-by-professionals/
tradingview.com/chart/TRXBTC/bsZrJegI-TRX-20-1-2018/
youtube.com/watch?v=rlZRtQkfK04
fscomeau.com/why-technical-analysis-is-bullshit/.
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stuff lags way too much, you miss most of the move

>TA
should we tell him?

MACD or MA?

Do elaborate, sweetie ?

followingthetrend.com/2014/05/why-technical-analysis-is-shunned-by-professionals/

MACD is pretty straight forward, there is no candle reading. It is just better MA. Reading it is pretty easy and I have not seen it misfire as it is based on MA.

Here is a better example. The previous was mine.

Is there anything wrong with purely placing buys/sells whenever there is a crossover?

Wondering about this too. I don’t even know at what time to look at candles. 8 hours? 1 hour? 15 minutes?

I’m gonna try it it anyway. I’m a dev, so I been meaning to give it a shot Instead if spending my life on /biz. I’ll run it for a few days or whatever with test data

It's shit. Just back test with gekko. There's a reason TA is a meme in crypto.

Don't even bother, it's usefull few hours after to analize what happened and what might happen, but if you use it in a real case scenario is full of false flag at every time frame.

*few hours later

I should fucking go to sleep, it's 8AM

Have you actually run the numbers on this or are just drawing your conclusions from pretty pictures?
There's been countless studies done on popular indicators and they pretty much never beat a buy and hold strategy.
In the first one you'd be selling after the fact.

>they pretty much never beat a buy and hold strategy
To expand in this: the only case when TA beats B&H is in a sideways market. Good fucking luck finding that in crypto.

This is my strategy. It's very consistent, I've yet to buy an asset and not have it come out this way unless it's a loss.

I always believe you can find patterns in data. Be it fractals, self-fulfilling prophecies it’s evident it’s there. I don’t mind a semi-gambling bot, but as long as it has good ods.

There’s gotta be a reason why this fails going forward. Are you saying it’s hard to calculate accurately the MACD cross over? Or does the crossover only apply during a sideways market?

Aren’t there a few outliers you could detect and ignore, i.e. filter out the noise?

buy when you see pink wojaks
sell when you see green wojaks

this is all the TA you need to make it in crypto

I do this all the time too. I buy alts that have been hitting their regular dips and slap a sell limit near their last highs. I end up selling too soon time to time, but it has been doing me good. I usually end up holding a coin for average a week before I can sell it, and I focus on 4-6 coins at a time. I do want to learn TA, but never had the time.

I been thinking about building a tool that calculates overall sentiment analysis. Also gonna start tallying shills over time to help me investigate which projects to look at.

I meant to say market sentiment

buy order under vwap line if stoch rsi trend agrees

2 words: Fisher Transform

TA faggot here, I just went all in on TRX.

There are insane news coming this week and whales are going to push the price up through the roof probably.

+ TA wise it is a clear buy right now, just broke the resistance and looks like it is coming off bottom after consolidating for 2 weeks since the 2000sat run up.

tradingview.com/chart/TRXBTC/bsZrJegI-TRX-20-1-2018/

Ha, I just went all in on TRX too, at 657. I didn't do it because of news though, I did it because the 4-hour MACD just crossed

>my nigga

When its green I sell, then buy back when its red.

How insecure are you anti TA faggots to FUD every thread, because you are too stupid to draw two lines and apply few indicators?

lol

I'll just post my secret money making strategy. It's totally PND proof and avoids any ATH buying like a dumb fuck. I eyeball those buy bars and sell bars, perceive the final length of the green bars and compare with the red bars to obtain the dip.

that's a nice argument you got there buddy, just shows precisely what I was talking about.

Somebody really needs to start a TA general thread /tag/

I like line make coin bigs hehe

Will you share if you do, user? I've been interested in something like this for a while and don't know nearly enough coding in order to do it myself.

Cook up some nice ML code

Nice unbiased source. Technical Analysis (TA) was invented in Japan in the early 1600s and has been in use over there for over 400 years. TA was introduced in the USA since the 1970s and has been in use ever since. TA is not the end-all-be-all, but it's a useful part of your arsenal.

youtube.com/watch?v=rlZRtQkfK04

Brainlet here, what are those big blue arrows supposed to indicate?

The start and end points of a green slope

>he doesnt even knows Macd is a lagging indicator and not leading/momentum

Goddamn you guys are retarded

>When the lines move down, sell
>When the lines move up, buy

We mooning now!

Trondoggies to the moon!

that's not really mooning, but w/e.

I'm in until 1st/2nd February.

>Scalper
>Day trader
>Position trader
>Swing trader

/TA/ bros, which type are you and why?

Swing

Thx TAfags, any good YouTubefags/twitterfags to follow up on for learning or checking indications?

What measurement of time should we use when looking for these patterns? 1d?

> Technical Analysis (TA) was invented in Japan in the early 1600s and has been in use over there for over 400 years
>TA was introduced in the USA since the 1970s and has been in use ever since. TA is not the end-all-be-all, but it's a useful part of your arsenal.
Doesn't change the fact its bullshit. No serious shop in the industry uses TA fuckface. TA is literally horoscope tier. Do some backtesting with your meme lines if you dont believe me or dont trust a random person on Veeky Forums. If making money consistently was as simple as charting lines, every one would be doing it.
fscomeau.com/why-technical-analysis-is-bullshit/. And you also talk like a fag
Load up excel. Get historical data from say 2011, test with your strategy. Come back, tell me if it works. Dont fall into the TA trap user. Its for lazy get rich quick individial. Nigger tier.

Do you want to make trades daily? Then hours.
Do you want to make trades a few times a week? Then days.

>If making money consistently was as simple as charting lines, every one would be doing it.
HAHAHA...yes, and THEY ARE?

TA can be used in short-term because the macroeconomics of the situation changes so much. Of course we couldn't predict the MtGox "hacking" incident, that's where human intuition and common sense comes into play, TA is just a way to give you additional insight to where the market's headed

Now somebody needs to make a TA General /tag/ thread NOW!

>everyone posting macd averages itt as if you can just read macd and make mad money
holy shit. I knew tafags were as dumb as well but this is a whole new level of retardation

I don't know if it will be a general, but I'm making a thread tomorrow sometime midday eastern time

Will keep an eye out brother

who? your e-celebs and so? Those people are wrong most of the time. If I had a satoshi for every time a twitter normie with crypto in his handle made a wrong call, Id have 1 BTC now. Coon. Most of the time I see people charting tokens that have gone 100-300%. WTF?! Try using your TA over a larger dataset, say, over 3 months. Come back here and tell me. Choose your most predictable strategy and backtest it. Protip you actually wont. You dont even know what backtesting is. You just read a pajeet wordpress blog and now you are a master trader. Fucking poorfags.
Im saying this from FX. TA is fucking useless. Its usually more wrong than its right. To beat the market you have to implement more sophisticated algorithms than rolling means and trendlines
This. I just want them to show me their trades. Or show me their strategy with a backtest. These idiots wont. If you just had to read RSI and MACD to get rich, wed all be fucking gods right now.

>backtesting vs forwardtesting
>try out the TA that you like on paper
>try it out irl
gee wiz the coin goes where you predicted who would have thought?

what the fuck is forward testing? you mean live trading? Veeky Forums everyone. you are the people feeding my bots

>>Im saying this from FX. TA is fucking useless. Its usually more wrong than its right.
So if TA is right 49% of the time, it's useless? The trick is figuring out WHEN to use TA. Like I said it's part of your arsenal

Analasys is only useful for past data.
aka it's useless for choosing when to invest

Exactly, no need to be salty desu
Just look up some youtube vids friend

Literally autism

do the backtest and stfu. im going out of my way to help your lizard brain see logic here
point our the autistic part. stop two word replying me like a female
if he makes so much money? why does he take the time to record, edit and upload a video for you retards to watch. He could just use his TA, trade with leverage, if he is so confident in his calls, and become wealthy in no time. But no, he needs subscribers and youtube chump change. TA only benefits the content creators.

its not 49% right. Most strategies put it about 30% im looking for the sauce. I went to college years ago, let me see if i find it, or maybe Ill write a quick script and upload the matplotlib for you brainlets. Disgusting.

>Le oldfag is mad

Yeah okay, and I bet you don't know anything about fractal analysis which BTC/USD perfectly fits? Also maybe you should go back to school and get an update on your education, things have changed since 10 years ago in case you haven't noticed

Havent been on here since 2010 when I graduated and got a family. Saw Veeky Forums on twitter wanted to see what the fuss was about, and I was greeted by mass stupidity and misinformation. Just want to say I tried helping these newfags

>it's impossible to make money and help people at the same time
Jesus dude, not everyone is concerned with making $5 and backstabbing everyone else at the same time

show me backtest fuckface. Everything fits for a short while, thats my entire fucking point, try doing it over a longer time period. Also if it was common knowledge that this strategy works, it would be exploited and become inefficient. So I doubt it
>Being this deluded
Why does he share his strategy for guaranteed gains on a public avenue and risk it being unprofitable. The whole thing goes against common sense. Unless he is a fucking commie, that guy is feeding you bullshit. Prop shops go to great lengths to hide their strats. Funds do too. Ask a manager what they do, hell tell you to fuck off if you are on a first name basis, or vaguely lie to you if you are an outsider. Industrial spying is common here in New Jersey. All of these is done to steal strats. And yet here you are, telling me some altruist shared a worthwhile strategy with you on fucking Youtube, of all places, (even saying arvix would have been more believable) and showed legit showed you how to make money 24/7 no stress. Sheep will always be sheep.

TA is an art form, sure it uses a lot of math and psychology, but at the end of the day it's an art form that few can master. Sure is better than spit-balling the market, that's for damn sure.

CAPTCHA: Ripple 2750

Dude, what in the hell are you talking about?
Don't tell me you _actually_ think that TAfags believe there is only 1 100% proven strategy that works. It's literally the same thing as with your "bots" if you aren't larping.
You make your own strategy and evolve it. No one said you can't use other people's ideas as well. Lurk moar

i ask for one single thing, a backtest
>Don't tell me you _actually_ think that TAfags believe there is only 1 100% proven strategy that works
where did I say this?
>It's literally the same thing as with your "bots" if you aren't larping.
my bots arent TA based
>You make your own strategy and evolve it. No one said you can't use other people's ideas as well.
>Lurk moar
low effort. try harder. I wont compete with you on the amount of time Ive been on this shit board. Its nothing to brag about. Its a negative factor in life.
post strategy returns here versus the market benchmark. Thats all Im asking for, and you get so emotional
glad youre not parading it as a science. Thats a step towards salavation

There's a bunch of people on TradingView publicly doing TA on crypto with good results and agreeing on ideas that work out in the end

>Veeky Forums: b-b-b-b-ut show me one proff

backtest the calls?
>good results
statistically good results? youll notice hes wrong more than right

It appears that you don't actually know what TA is. Gl buddy

enlighten me

I lost all my hopes with you reading your reply.

GL anyway, hope you make money in crypto.

I didn't want to leave you hanging, but I have to disappoint

denial. Indirect vague attacks, symptoms of delusion
Post excel, export from binance, trade history for >=month based on your chosen strategy. Ill backtest it for you
more proof you read all about it in a obscure pajeet blog

i have to catch some sleep. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you want to further discuss the matter

We have an "official" IRC over at Rizon.net #Veeky Forums

needs more arrows pointing in directions 7/10

TA does not work if the weak efficient market hypothesis is true. Which might but be mostly true for stocks, but is nowhere near true for crypto markets.

There is value in TA for crypto, though the performance of my algos goes way up when I include signals outside of price, volume.

Can anybody tell me why macd in cryptopia is only a single line? Thx

>PEOPLE STILL UNIRONICALLY TRADE USING ELLIOT WAVE THEORY

SAVE MEEEEEE

Just know which level is important for a price breakout or breakdown for each day. Traders tend to pile in cash or protect capital based on daily/weekly closes with the trend.

Whales and normies gives no fucks and only wants to make money so watch for those closing prices because of fomo or fear.

All of these momentum indicators derived from moving averages only works best when a strong trend gets established but by then why not buy and hold? If you can't beat buy and hold then trading is pointless.

use TA to find entry points short term. Long term however you should DYOR and find coins that are undervalued in comparison to their ambitions.