Living simply

No HOA, low property tax, low maintenance, small space so low upkeep and low furnishings. More money for crypto.

Tell me how is this not in every Veeky Forumslets mind?

This is the future. The only thing I'd add to this is a larger deck, an outdoor BBQ and a long lap pool.

Other urls found in this thread:

honomobo.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=dSxhV-OBuuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now that looks /comfy/

This is my dream

This is the future but countries don't participate because they can't tax you on 200K homes. People living off the grid are a governments nightmare.

Buy a piece of land somewhere and plop this there.

For me personally I'd prefer a land with 1-3 acres and have running stream year round in the property.

How much does that little building cost alone? I'd guess no more than $100k

Are these a thing already? What's the name? That's literally all I want. Not to pay 150k $ for a shitty 30m2 apartment and then 400 $ a month for the upkeep.

You need water and electricity, though

Depends on how fancy you want it. I think container based homes can range from 15k to 100k per section.

Of course, I'm not a caveman, I need running water and plumbing. I don't do compost toilet, they're disgusting.

You buy land and have this on your property and they can't tax you for more than what a little cottage cost.

No HOA, low property tax, low maintenance, small space so low upkeep and low furnishings. More money for crypto.

Tell me how is this not in every Veeky Forumslets mind?

This is the future. This is Agenda 2030.

>what's the name
Check out this website
honomobo.com/

Biggest cost for a home is sewage, running power/water/gas, permits, driveway. Adding sq after that isn't going to cause a huge jump in costs.

That's a smaller than a US prison and I'll feel extreme claustrophobia here. That's why HK and Japanese are shorter, they evolved to live in shoeboxes.

These homes are different. Until we go back to 1960s economic prosperity where taxes are low and the government actually work for the people, I don't see a reason to buy a McMansion.

Thanks

Interesting viewpoint. You'd think if modularity was as cheap as you'd initially think most homes would be like that already. Makes sense about the other costs.

But you are headed down (their) path. Choosing smaller rather than demanding bigger and you will end up in your own coffin.

I know - but governments will do everything to oppose this.

EXAMPLE - Dutch government has in the past created a law that encouraged house-owners to pay off their morgage faster.

This year, they returned that law (Wet Hillen, it's true) and basically tax people that paid off their houses.

First they encourage you and then they fine you for the same thing.

GOVERNMENTS HATE PEOPLE THAT DO NOT PAY A LOT OF TAX. THIS =IS= THE FUTURE BUT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Fuck all of them, really. I hate them.

>playing right into the jews' pocket
There's nothing wrong with not being a consumerist materialist. We don't need that unnecessary shit, it doesn't make a reasonable person any happier.

Because I have a nice cabinet stereo from the 60's and it's eight feet long.

Some lands already have those infrastructure items, others in more remote areas you'll need to get those yes. But the low cost of the house will offset those. And once you have made your major target in your crypto you can add more modules. Or just built something else.

Solar, stream and septic field.

Yes, you dont need to own land, you dont need to own wealth. You just need the latest iPhone and eat McDonalds. Here is your hole to put them in.

True, but maybe in 10 years.

Fantastic strawman, faggot. I'm fine with around 30m2 of space to move around, and a small yard.

Also you definitely don't need a phone over 250$ or fast food.

>phone over $250
try a phone over $50, my current phone is better then an iPhone 6 spec wise and I only paid $30 off craigslist for it

China should just go back to killing people, the alternative has turned out to be much much worse.

Yeah, thats what you think now. Until later when you think, I im fine with 15sq ft as long as I can sleep straight! I was tired of mowing the grass anyways.

Eh, you putting yourself in debt for what? You'd rather have a mortgage for 1million$ home and the property tax and maintenance that goes with it?

>This is Agenda 2030.
youtube.com/watch?v=dSxhV-OBuuI

Don't feel like getting an used phone with possible keyloggers on it. Bought mine at 200$ a few years back (god tier Moto G 1st gen), but surprisingly non-shit phones seem to have gotten more expensive since then.

Mhm, keep talking

a used**

How about you just stop being a cuck and vote out the criminals in your local and state governments that are stealing even your personal space?

I know senpai. I know. We are not proposing living in stacked capsules high rises here.

Read above where I said acres of land with streams. Also: You're an idiot.

Look at each one of my examples. They're on land. And I want mine on large land, I'm taking acres.

Do you have eyes? Stupid gook.

They are on land now. You have already shown that you are willing to settle for less, which means you are willing to settle for even less in the future. Once a cuck always a suck. You think these rat nests happened overnight?

damn this nigglet is retarded, here's another (you)

people can see you posting with all the windows
is there a basement version?

yeah, you're looking for the nuclear holocaust option

BUT WHERE IS MY TRADING ROOM WITH 15X 27" MONITORS user????

how much for a shelter

looks like the cuck shed my wife's bull made me build

just look at it

what the fuck is that. do you even have more than half a torso

Its the next step on the journey to this.

Remove their legs so they take up less space! Of course, why didn't I think of that!

Construction per square foot is cheap.
Ditto buying per square foot of house
Its the land that is on that fucks your wallet
and near zero zoning regulations across the country will let you make small enough lots for this to make any sense.
Maybe Huston will let you do it.
But why?
getting a full sized house there in the burbs is already cheap as dirt.

Now you are thinking one step ahead of (them). You can still browse Amazon.com with one arm, so lets get rid of the redundant one.

lol you're retarded, I think being a hongkongese drives the fear into you.

I bet you're a gook manlet.

I'm willing to settle for enough. Not being able to stand up straight is never gonna become enough. You are the one here actually settling for less, since you put yourself into lifetime debt just to buy a dumb overpriced house that's bigger than anybody needs.

If there was a free market in land use and the government didn't have stupid overregulation on building codes, there would be a LOT of these available for neets.

Just another reason that if you don't support free markets you are a gigantic cuck bootlicker

Pros and cons of modular house:

Pros:
1) Predictable construction schedule. It usually takes around 12 weeks to complete a prefabricated 50m^2 house offsite, as opposed to ~6months, because (a) site preparations can be done while building structure is being fabricated offsite. (b) building is being constructed in a controlled factory environment, with no rain and existing toilet facilities
2) Less on site rubbish so you save landfill cost
3) If the modular house has a pier and beam foundation as opposed to a concrete slab foundation (concrete slab is common in hot areas and cheaper than pier and beam. Not possible in cold climates due to frost) then it is possible to sell the house (literally hire a crane and pull it away off the land) in the future, recouping cost and maximizing land-to-value ratio.

cont.

Forget him.

He doesn't understand what true freedom and understated luxury mean He's just a faggot that's dying to keep up with the Joneses and rack up debts.

A lot of it has to do with living outside of the home. The landscaping and outdoor amenities has to be good. I wouldn't want my mine in an urban areas.

As I said, pool would be great.

fuck that. every european man should live on in brick and mortar house on a moderate piece of fertile land. accepting anything else is just pathetic.

we really have been reduced to a laughing stock.

cont.

All of the factors mentioned above makes modular housing extremely cost efficient if planned correctly. Example: Bob currently has a property valued at 500k but his house is almost 40 years old. Renovating a shitty 1980 house is very cost inefficient so he decides to demolish and rebuild. Instead of moving out and spend money on rent for 6-8months while the construction is in process, he can order the house to be built offsite first, then only demolish his existing house 1 week before the fabricated house is going to be completed. Bob now only needs to rent outside for 1-2weeks max before his new house can be installed into his now empty land. If the house is well made, he can sell it decades down the track to recoup the initial cost - widening the profit margin of his property

Cons:

All of these is good an all but modular housing hasn't taken off for several reasons:

1) It is hard to obtain finance for a modular house as banks view it as a "product", not a "house". Funny thing is it shouldnt make a difference at all since both are depreciating assets. They're just concerned of the resale value as admittedly people may perceive it as low quality, which brings us to the next point >
2) Because modular housing has a negative stigma to it, it is crucial to ensure that the designs are attractive to begin with. This is pretty much the crux of the problem - there hasnt been a modular housing design that's both economical and "attractive" in the eyes of the public. Things will be more interesting in the future as market taste shifts from millenials entering the workforce.

Moot points. The whole reason to get a small home is you buy it outright, don't need financing. And second point: who cares what others think? I'd want no visitors and just set up my trading desk and play vidya and sleep. And oh, bring home occasionally some sluts I pick up.

what we got our crypto together and buy a piece of land together and all lived in the same plot of land together? haha wouldn't that be fun?

Great idea, we can share our onaholes!

>Tell me how is this not in every Veeky Forumslets mind?

>No increase in price
>not a good rental
>expensive

Its doable but there is plenty of other ways to keep costs down if you live in an apartment. Owning land/real estate is one of the best ROI if you hold it for a long time. Made most of my money of real estate / rental

Financing allows for maximum leverage. While it is never a bad thing to spend 100-150k in cash and prevent yourself from getting in debt, a good debt can be leveraged so you only need to spend ~35k for the house and use the remaining cash to finance your next property

If you plan to convert your place of living into an investment property, it makes sense to ensure that the asset can be sold easily years down the track. This saves demolition and landfill costs.

You're stuck with boomer mentality. AirBNB is now making huge $$$ compared to traditional rental. For a cool and chick unit, I can see many would want to rent it. And if it's great design you can get premium. I no longer stay in hotels when I travel, I prefer AirBNB, lot more fun.

That's my dream house

With a property you want maximum capital gains and income. Capital gains come from good location while income comes from rent.

Rental income averages around 4% of your asset value. Well located property typically averages at 7% annual gains.

Interest rates will get you about 4.5% per year. Therefore if you have that shitbox on your property, you're wasting rental opportunities and making your property an inefficient asset

You're a closed minded CPA type. Go buy a quadplex in downtown and be happy.

This thread for those who wants to enjoy a lifestyle you wouldn't understand.

>implying im not talking about airbnb
>implying im not only using airbnb when i travel

Try getting that box into a city center

The point of this thread is long Bong simply, why would I drop my neetbox in a crowded liberal controlled city center?

Long Bong: live simply. Stupid autocorrect

>tfw live in vegas and want to start expanding into airbnb market
>crypto takes over my life
when i get out of crypto ill be abusing the fuck out of short term rentals in my city

just kidding im in crypto forever

That house isn’t practical unless you live in a place where it doesn’t snow, ever. Otherwise you’ll be outside shoveling off your roof everytime it snows so it doesn’t collapse under the weight. Slanted roof plus gutters are necessary.

Why not both? Before your state start cracking down on AirBNB and taxes you for that.

See the other example I posted, that one has pitched roof.

Its tough because the housing market is in an obvious bubble. And they have already cracked down on it but they cant do much more than what they've done. But with the raiders coming everyone is assuming, rightfully so, that property value is going to skyrocket. So I have some time until then. But I also know that when that hype is over and everyone is fucking sick of the raider fans being fucking niggers property value will normalize again. Its cheap as fuck to live in NV but only for the next decade.

These type of houses are illegal in some states already because of building codes. Many blue states have housing regulations that are out of control. In Texas you’re allowed to have one only if it’s hooked up to water and electricity iirc.

You mean the nigger football team is moving to Nevada?
Their fans are rabid spics flips and niggers.
Time to get the fuck out senpai.

I'm assuming they are arguing it ruins neighboring property value? Normies looking at homes wouldnt be pleased with a neighbor living in what they essentially view as a shitbox

Id make it two stories and have my room above and everything else below. Maybe double the length and width dimensions and then I’m good

yes goyim live in a luxurious 200k trailer it will set you free

>2018
>Not knowing the most hated fanbase in history will have a new home in vegas

i mean i dont give a fuck about sports whatsoever but id expect the average person to know this, unless you are euro

I live in LA and I avoid sports and sports related news.

If that means I see less niggers Filipinos spics with their obnoxious huge raiders stickers on their Nissans and trucks, that's a huge win for me.

Time to celebrate, sorry Nevada, you're about to get a lot more shittier.

Live wherever you want. If you think a fucking poured foundation makes a disposable home any better the you do you, boo.

It’s strictly due to regulations. Some of these houses don’t qualify as a house because of their square footage. There was one state I looked at a while ago that requires a house to be at least 800 square feet for example. Just something to think about before any anons get their hopes up high or decide to sink their money into these projects. Thoroughly research the laws as each state differs greatly and future proof it in case of further regulations.

>because they can't tax you on 200K homes

If you own something they can tax you. The Romans literally taxed their people out of their land into cities. If everyone lives in tiny houses, a desperate state will simply raise taxes on tiny houses.

I don't advocate small but it's about living with comfort and no excess.

Land is a must, states that have favorable laws is a must.

My dream is to get 2-4 of these and make a courtyard configuration out of them or a cluster on a big piece of property.

There are prefab houses on the market. They send you the materials and you build them yourself, or hire someone to assemble it for you. Log cabin styles have been popular over the last few years but there are other styles if you don’t like the look of them.

>has neighbors in visual distance
no thanks

Not enough room for my wife and her son though.

A regular old manufactured home is about 90 grand. Why would you want a cuckshed instead of that?

goddamn that's so fucking comfy

grind motivation

There are units with more rooms.

That’s awesome. So like I could get a cuckshed within my cuckshed.

Enough because you're sleeping in your car.

i know plenty of people that live in huge mansions that were popular in my area in the 90s. now that their kids left and theres only two people living there, its a huge headache for them. one couple i know pay several k/month for maids, gardeners, extra heating, etc, because its impossible to take care of such a mansion by yourself, even if most rooms are unused.
another couple sectioned off multiple rooms (cut off heating, electricity, boarded doors and windows), but still pay out of their asses for heating.
you really dont need more than ~200 sqft per adult, plus additional ~80 sqft per child. if you like minimalistic style you can get by with almost half of that.

Lol no way. Each adult human needs at least 1000 sq ft. You are just a poor pleb. I feel sorry for your children if you had any.

fucked up my number when trying to convert from m2.
meant to say 60m2 for adult plus 25m2 per child, which is about 550 sqft plus 250 sqft

What is this thing? Got land in Kansas, I'm looking to be on that unabomber shit

In the summer i can easily clear $150 a night for my apartment and $85 a night for my spare room. Its pretty insane (all tax free ofc :^) )

Problem with wood is that it burns. You want stone really.

I need at least 1000 square feet of space

>living in a swedish prison cell is the jew's new meme to trick the goyim into enjoying absolute poverty
Cuck sheds for sale! Get yer cuckshed! Only $70,000!

where at user? grew up there still live around Kansas City

I'm only worth one vote and if I start going off on the Jews, who are the reason for all this, then I can guarantee you who wins that battle.