NEO and GAS thread

WHat do you guys think about these coins?

Who's holding here?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/CityOfZion/neon-js
eventbrite.com/e/neo-devcon-tickets-41567708134
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

someone fucking post something

Am holding, NEO is 40% of portfolio and GAS is 10%. Hoping for a great year for this chinese Ethereum. Also, investing more in GAS could be a smart move, as it should eventually overtake NEO.

1000 neo. /comfy/

I'm all in at 140
>mfw missed the chance to sell at 150 and rebuy any time after

Really tempted to dump the last bit of BTC i have (0.16) on NEO. Is now a good time to buy? I'm worried it will bleed to $120 throughout the next week.

Do you expect a pump soon for both? What are your predictions?

I'm not sure about short term, hence why I don't know when to buy in, but NEO seems like a really solid long term hold. I would predict ballpark $750 EOY.

Do you see BTC going up too?

Meh. I’m just HODLING since $25.

Not selling anyways.

Might bleed to 8k within the next week, but I could see it recovering and going on another bullrun. EOY prediction would be ~40k.

Smart move. Neo has more programming languages, so it will be easier to program.

NEO is probably the best project in the smart contract space at the moment.
ETH compiler is a load of shit, NEO banks on efficiency of established compilers
NEO transaction speed and fee several orders of magnitude better.
Can code in any language (.NET currently, more on the roadmap - basically they just implement a transpiler from any established assembly into the NEO bytecode).
All ETH has is brand recognition and community support (like the web3 framework).
Once NEO has a web3 plugin for websites, people can actually start creating dApps for it, at which point it will be 100% superior to ETH.

what about GAS?

Do you have a brain? it costs 500 GAS to deploy a contract on NEO. That's more than $30k. How can you say NEO is superior to ETH?

No, I don’t buy anything chinese

GAS generation and PoS model is good, but I don't trust chinks with more than 15% of my portfoilo.

Actually turns out there's already an alpha one in the making.
github.com/CityOfZion/neon-js

do you think GAS will overtake NEO?

I bought it to swing trade during the dip partly because it's not a shitcoin and it'll get big eventually

So far eth has been pumping out shit ass ICO’s. Many of which are scams. NEOs ico’s have been wildly successful.

there are less than 30 smart contracts in NEO and thousands in ETH and you claim that? come on people... that's how bitconnect survived for so long, people won't admit they bought into the wrong thing

I believe there is a pretty big convention for NEO coming up in a week:

eventbrite.com/e/neo-devcon-tickets-41567708134

Most of this probably priced in, but I know many other cryptos pump in the day before potential announcements. I think it'd be wise to buy now, as it is currently down, and it also PUMPED while all alts were bleeding. This is a great time to buy. I think this will at the very minimum 5x this year.

I want to be a neo holder. I think this will take third position. But I am into other coins for the moment.

I think the price of GAS will have to go way down eventually - Which is kinda the goal of the project:
Gas begins in short supply, making it expensive, incentivising people to get into the project at all, generating Gas, driving the supply of Gas up, driving the price point of Gas down in the long term.
Then at that point the economy aspect - the actual point of the project - can pick up. Smart contracts will be cheaper to run and everyone will already have the Gas for them.
Market forces will drive the value of Neo shares up proportionally to make up for the value lost by Gas supply rising, and Neo will be more sought after since it's basically shares in the fate and health of the economy.

Don't pervert this into FUD on Gas by the way - I'm sure Gas will go up in value loads until then. The time scales I'm referring to are many years.

>being this stupid

basic smart contracts are free....

more complex smart contracts are 500 GAS

bitconnect was a literal ponzi you idiot

you just reiterated my point... how can someone pay +$30k for a smart contract? obviously you Carlos don't care, but it makes the platform not usable