Oldfags, what do you think of the current market situation? Still holding and staying true to the ideals...

Oldfags, what do you think of the current market situation? Still holding and staying true to the ideals, or did you pull out already?

Things are looking weird but I'm gonna let it ride out of curiosity mostly and I'm addicted to gambling at this point

The classic going down with the ship approach. I'm a 1-year newfag, but mostly just got back into fiat. Like you said this is exactly just gamble right now.

I've made about 6-8k since the big crash the other week

There are still opportunities to make good money but now it's mainly just a waiting game for these projects to actually become a reality.

There are only 4 investments that have made me 90% of my portfolios current value. So if I can continue at this rate, I'll be looking at 3-6 big buys for the year if opportunities pop up.

Just holding the projects, I suppose?

You hit the nail on the head. The market is over saturated with shit projects. We need some real world use cases to justify the expanding market cap. I think we'll kind of flounder around until that point. There will probably be a handful of big winners and lots of losers. I'm parked in long term hold stuff and just riding it out. I've been in neo, ven, omg, req, and many others since they were all very cheap so I'm really fucking around with house money

I fully expect BTC to actually crash and the shitcoins to bleed out until that happens. Would cause bad collateral on the long term holds before this is over

Could absolutely happen. One thing to be sure of is nobody knows what the fuck is going to happen though, just do the opposite of what/biz says of course

That would probably be continuing to hold 50% and keeping 50% in fiat.

Well there ya go. It's all about risk tolerances and how much of a fucking maniac you are. How many rounds of musical chairs are you willing to risk before you cash out kind of deal. You're talking about sound investment strategies which isn't what were all about here. It's all about the meme magick. Regularly taking profits is what I recommend over trying to time the market and all that bullshit.

I'm buying up all these new coins I've never heard of before, and getting rid of my altcoins that are getting long in the tooth (POT, NAV, SIA). I'll eventually dump the new ones when they become unfashionable.

Good advice mate, have been doing that already since the beginning t b h

>meme magick
/x/ here... this guy gets it...

I've been mostly in USDT since December. All this "IRON HANDS!!!" shit is a dumb meme.

USDT has its risks too obviously but its much more convenient than Fiat If I intend to buy back into the market.

I cashed out half my stack because tether is a ticking timebomb. Also the crazy amount of shills and shit projects with crazy valuations is a bad sign to me. Everything is just noise now

Sadly it appears that the Jews have brought Bitcoin under their heel, so I doubt we'll see any more ×100 moon missions from this point out.

If I had the time, I'd at least tried to daytrade a bit and sold and bought back in to increase my stock and not just sit here and see a month of gains just vanish, but unfortunately I'm a wagecuck and between work and sleep, it's just too easy to miss the entry and exit points. I have no other choice to ride it out.

Holding because getting rich is not as important as screwing over the banks. The banks will demand anti money laundering regulation soon. It is what is stopping them from allowing free trade with crypto. This is fine but AML will be on a ranking scale. Anything that touches non bank approved coins will become dirty money. They will regulate the market this way, by making any coins they do not like rated to low on the ranking to risk handling. All under the premis of money laundering fears. This will kill off decentralisation and turn crypto into another ark of the financial institutions with true decentralised currency’s value dropping to nothing as a result. That’s their plan anyway, in my opinion. What that means for crypto is speculative and complicated but this dip is a result of that and it’s regulatinbs plus tax season and the chink new year. Two if these will end, one in mid feb and one in April. AML regulation will not come to pass for a while although thee are some icos in the works that cover it. They already have loan based cryptos in place and stupid leverage and futures markets. It is all bullshit desu. I’m holding but the decentralised freedom from the banks is looking like s shitty pipe dream and that us sad. I’ll end up going all in the ‘bad’ coins the banks won’t touch. Anything with a good AML score will be easy to identify as a bankers coin. That’s the only way to beat them but not enough normie will understand and do the same. Businesses will have no choice but to only accept clean payments. It’s kind if fucked really but it is what it is. HODL and ride it out anons. Fuck the money Leanders.

Hodling is a retarded meme.

Full disclosure. I bought 2013 during the runup.
At the 2013 top I knew I should take profits but I I got memed on and HODLed.
I then bought BTC all through 2014 and 2015, lowering my average buyin.

If I had followed my instinct (not hindsight, I knew I should sell at 1k) I would be in 8 figures now. Not shitty 7 figures.

This time around I sold everything on the way up in increments except 10% and average in during the bearmarket.

Hodlers are retards that feed the whales.

Thing is I live in Germany & if you hold your coins for 1 year you pay 0 tax. It seems to make more sense for me to hold & wait till the end of the year since I consolidated everything in December. It's a risk, but if shit gets real & I some manage mid to high 6 figures on a conservative estimate or much more being optimistic, then that's a significant saving.

Oh, & also this

It's January, 2017. The price of ETH is at the peak of a medium-term rebound towards the upward trend from $5.8. Some bulls are placing buy orders at the projected peaks of the correction, at the sub waves, given that there is little chance for a proper rebound with the current powerful growth. That is why the price meets significant resistance at such points. As we can see, the price of Ether has stopped at that level and went flat. That indicates that the bulls were much more numerous, and the sell orders were situated beyond the $9.3 mark, which resulted in a less than profitable situation for a big short-term seller.

However, when a particular trend does not have sufficient support for continuing, the traders’ sentiments usually change. As we can see by the sell stop orders, the bulls have split into two groups. Some of the traders are holding on to their orders, expecting a continuation of the downward sub wave towards $9.3. Other bulls have placed their orders at the possible full-scale rebound towards the entire upward trend from $5.8. Such a situation can result in one of two most likely scenarios either the price of Ether is going to repeat a fall, rebound and continue its upward trend towards at least $10.5 or fortify and form a turning wave at $9.3, followed by a fall towards at least $8.2.

Got in 2 years ago. Not an active trader, just mostly holding what I got and playing it safe. I think bitcoin's days are numbered but it'll be put on life support for a long while because for many people, especially boomers and normies, it's their only entry/exit point. I'm keeping a good portion of my portfolio in BTC but the need to diversify and slowly leave BTC is strong. Today's not that day tho, BTC is full on FUD mode right now.

>Hodlers are retards that feed the whales.
If you're in some shit pump and dump coin yeah, otherwise no.

Anyone else think this is just normal after November and December?

If BTC dies, something will eventually replace it

no

although then again, I road DGB all the way to the bottom and got off on the ground floor. So maybe don't listen to me.

I mined bitcoins many years ago because I browsed /v/ and /g/ when it was going on. I got about 200 bitcoins in total and I've been slowly selling them off as the price went up dramatically.

While I've made a lot of money I'm not good at all with trading, or seeing the future or anything. I literally just got lucky and decided to mine and buy some bitcoins when they were new and extremely cheap. I'm just lucky, not smart or savvy enough to make a bunch of money in crypto.

I sold much of my stock when it started to dip from the all time high, and I have about 50 bitcoins left. I might just hold onto these 50 because at the moment I don't need to worry about money and if they go up against significantly I might sell some more. If it crashes, well, I'll probably regret not selling these 50 but I am comfortable with that fact.

I'm in the same position.

I highly doubt many of the above are in the game longer than a year.

its about to boom. but vapourware isn't. Your stupid fucking moon missions for shit coins are over, but good stuff will be hundreds of billions.

>if you hold your coins for 1 year you pay 0 tax
Maybe I was wordiong it weird.

Long term holding is my strategy as well. I position myself slowly and aim to hold for years.
The hodling through obvious crashes/50%+ corrections part that is a retarded meme.
Also taking profits at a parabolic rise like the most recent blow of top is a must.

Other than that Im all for holding long term.

relaxxx it's gonna explode into new highs
go watch a movie or something

Same deal happened back in 2014 too
Only a handful of good coins survived
These punks will see green again in another 4 years like when Pandacoin pumped this month after years of being dead

I've held the same idea for a while, btc is becoming irrelevant. And it will die out, until then it'll make the alts bleed for months until the decoupling happens. There's a shitload of intresting projects going on including stuff like internet 4.0 (EOS and other similar projects) and the next social media giant (Steemit) but none of that can happen until btc dies out, as well as other shitty coins that have no real value outside of legacy alone...

I'm completely unfazed by my portfolio fluctuating by 10s of thousands of dollars at this point.

You'll regret selling those in (pick a number) years.

I cashed out, until the tether situation is resolved, the whole market is on a ticking time bomb

But that's the point, I can't just cash out when there's crash, cause if it's less than a year since I had those coins, I have to pay tax on any profit I make going into cash, even if I don't put that cash in my bank account. Plus whenever I rebuy, that starts the beginning of the year I have to hold for all over again.

As for taking profits, there's a time for it probably, but as far as I'm concerned it's bullshit..I got ven for under 1$ and took some small profits from it when it was 2$, what a waste.

70% VEN
30% XLM

Still up 30% from yesterday, not sure what you guys are whining about.

Maybe? That is why I kept 50. That is a hefty enough number that if it did somehow go up to ludicrous amounts I would have more than enough left over.

I don't think I'll ever regret selling what I sold, because it has helped me tremendously.

Well 70% of 1 million are still more than 100% of 500k. If preserving gains nets you more than the loss to the taxman, its worth it.

True, I hold link though on top of some other things so you know, I'm still delusional about making 7 figures this year. Being able to cash that amount out tax free would almost be too satisfying.

so basically everybody should buy LINK

LMFAOOO BOI U FINNA GET DUMPED ON HARDER THAN BITCONNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE INVESTORS

when are you too old to fuck barely legals?

When are you too old to fuck barely legal girls?

hodl is meme for normies
I sold near the top, looking to see how things play out but we didn't hit the bottom yet

I'm selling $40k/day of BTC every day and have been since the start of Jan, I'm just taking profit mostly, have NFI what's going on in the markets though

I'm a burger but have same plan as you. hold LINK and VEN for a year and hopefully cash out 7 figures at reduced long term capital gains rate. I need to move out of NYC before then too