I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, just fyi. I inherited my dad's business after he suddenly passed away...

I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, just fyi. I inherited my dad's business after he suddenly passed away, and the thing is I live in a really shitty country on the verge of economic collapse so I want to leave. Some guys I know offered to help me move my business to Mexico in exchange for half of its profits after monthly expenses. Basically they will handle the shipping and find a place to put it while I don't do anything. But everybody I know has been telling me that I should sell them half of it first, and become co-owners. Is that what I should be doing? I don't actually want to sell it, ever. Pic semi related.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/28/76/fe2876a83bc1d833945ca936eed8cb38.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ok so youre from venezuela. I live in mexico atm. Whats youre business about just so i can tell you if its a good idea. You seem dumb and its obvious youre gonna get jewed.

Yeah I am pretty dumb. It's something like this but much smaller, in here we place it inside shopping malls. The guys offered to do a market research first to see if it was a good idea.
i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/28/76/fe2876a83bc1d833945ca936eed8cb38.jpg

Sorry about your dad. What kind of business ?

Mate lets be real. You'll get ripped off.

Just sell it and move on. You WILL be ripped off. Please. I'm appealing to your best nature here. Take the money and take care of yourself/your family somewhere else.

This.
Honestly I'd sell the business entirely or foot the moving bill myself.
I would try to move to the US or Canada. Mexico is a shit hole

Basically a small attraction for kids, see image above.

Why tho, we've had several talks with the guys and they seem pretty interested in doing this together with us. Selling it all wouldn't benefit us, and they don't know how to maintain it either.

We were in the US before, but we had to leave because some women sued us. We wouldn't be living in Mexico anyway.

They are trying to get half the profit forever doing a month or two of work. Just sell and get the fuck out if you're retarded enough to think about doing the deal.

Well not really, they would be taking care of it for the most part since they're the ones living in Mexico. They did offer to buy part of it if we wanted, it's up to us really. I just don't know what's best if I want to keep it in the long run. All the co-ownerships I've seen ended in disaster.

PLEASE, these people only want to take advantage of your situation. If selling doesn't benefit you then keep running the place while you slowly relocate your family somewhere else before shit hits the fan. When you're done with that just finish selling the place and move on.

Te lo dice un pana de Nicaragua. No caigas en sus trampas.

Kids seem to love those shits in New Zealand, even though most of them look like leftovers from China. Obviously you have to do more market research but you can move here permanently if you invest at least $500k kiwidollaridoos in a business.

Never trust anyone but yourself, especially in business, sell it and never look back.

We can't leave and don't have enough money to relocate on our own. They're our best hope desu. I don't ever want to sell this because it makes a lot of easy money.
Why are you guys so pessimistic, we've talked to a lot of people and nobody said it was a bad idea.

These

>I don't ever want to sell
Giving away half the profits is essentially the same as selling half the business. Bring me on as a business consultant and I'll save you.

I just don't want to lose it at some point. And if I ever want to move it somewhere else, or come back here if things fix themselves, I want to be able to do it.
I can just tell them to buy half of it if that's really the better choice.

How much is the business worth? What's the profit?

It's worth like 50k. I can't remember how much profit we used to make in the US, but I remember my parents did and bought whatever the fuck they wanted.

If you have no idea about what to do, and you have no desire to learn, make mistakes and fuck up, possibly go bankrupt or destitute, then sell the business and move on.

Running a business is difficult and is not for everyone. I ran one for 10 years. It was great at times and terrible at others. Your dad wouldn't want you to suffer for it. It's better to sell it as a company as is then accidently running it into the ground

Sorry about your dad OP.

Ok first of all, multiply the profit by 30 to get the business's worth. So...maybe reject the buy offer at 25k.

Hire me as a business consultant. It would be insane not to, considering yourl about to throw away 100k or more without me.

Yeah I know it's difficult but we don't really have a choice if we want to leave this hellhole. We've been running it here for like 3 years and we're doing okay, we just don't have enough experience or money to move it to another country on our own.
We have 2 of those here, so I think it's worth moving one to give it a shot.

So they want half of the monthly profits forever or just one months worth? If it’s anything less the permanently, they’re probably gonna get it and sell it since you’re in another country and probably have little legal recourse.

I would guess try to find other people they have worked with, preferably not ones they pick to show you. Or try to find the areas they worked in and call around. Try to corroborate if they are legit or conmen. Of course if conmen, you will probably only find glowing recommendations from them. Ultimately dyor and make a decision. Might fuck ya hard and raw or it might go ok.

I can't even afford you user.

They want half for now, things can change later depending on how well we do.
Thanks for the tips. I think they're legit, other friends of ours know them and they wanted to buy everything we had years ago but my dad declined. They have a well known freight company too that people here use.

How has not one person in this thread mentioned anything about the possibility of this being some kind of cartel op?

Don't fuck around with shady "you sit around and we handle everything" business agreements in mexico.

I'm sure you all have seen the video by now.