Is anyone actually self employed here? Memecoins / cryptocurrency NEET does not count

Is anyone actually self employed here? Memecoins / cryptocurrency NEET does not count.
What do you do?
Do make decent money?
Is it worth it?
How did you get started?
Biggest lesson you learned?

Passive income also welcome.

I'm about to be thanks to crypto. Putting my two weeks in today.

Hope to see some good suggestions here too. It would be great to set up some kind of a business

I'm self employed

What do you do?
>run a small armada of businesses
Do make decent money?
>no because i spend my time browsing Veeky Forums and playing videogames. i could though if i wanted to (get taxraped by juden of judeogermany)
Is it worth it?
>i'm the happiest person i know and i do what i love
How did you get started?
>by dropping out of uni and living on leftover student loan money for 2 years. that was my deadline to start generating income or get a normiejob. would have killed me if i hadn't managed.
>making money is actually really easy and intelligent overanalytical people struggle with it because they paralyse themselves with their autistic perfectionism

ama? i'm not a very exciting bizposter though. just a quasi-neet who makes his own neetbucks.

Freelancer in the film industry. Make $160k + about $30k renting some properties. It's worth it but I'll quit and retire once my crypto reaches $3M+. Biggest lesson I learned is that no matter how "cool" my job is, I'll never really be happy until I can retire and travel without worrying about money.

>What do you do?
Builder. Although I had to quit my job in November so currently unemployed for the foreseeable future.
>Do make decent money?
Take home £500/$700 a week
>Is it worth it?
Yea I enjoy the job but it can be hard some times. Last job was hand digging constantly for months.
>How did you get started?
Moved to NY for 3 months after I graduated from uni
>Biggest lesson you learned?
Apply for jobs as soon as you graduate because it gets harder if you leave it too long.

Yay for a non coin thread.

I work full time, but I’m interested so I thought I’d share my little side project. I started a news page on fb as a uni assignment and decided to continue it. It now has a website and I get about 40,000 visitors per month. Makes about $100 per month

1. Yes
2. Solar Company
3. 7 Months in. I'm profitable and I pay the bills. Think 2018 will see more than decent money
4. Yes, immensely worth it.
5. Former company went out of business and 3 of us with differing skill registered this LLC in a bar the night they told us all to go home. The rest if history. Essentially no barrier to entry other than knowledge. Each residential system is funded by cash from customer or by a finance partner who is loaning directly to customer, but paying us directly. We all spent about $1,000 bucks to get it all off the ground. Made our first logo on Fiverr.
6. People who think they need to make the next Facebook are dumb. Enter a service industry and don't be a lying asshole. You will get 5 star reviews and referrals. Growth will come. You'll figure out the personal money in the meantime. Everyone always finds a way to get by.

I'm a New Zealander. I'm wondering if this is a viable business here.

I've started a business selling memes on redbubble

Solar energy seems like a great field to get into. I'd love to do it. How would I go about getting the right kind of knowledge needed?

learn me senpai

no degree, 24, don't make shit. how the fuck do I make mons

learn how to code, learn basic design and visual communication, learn basic marketing. and then go ham. create anything. my first websites were stuff similar to lemonparty and meatspin lol.

fuck me. I know decent html and css, and have good Photoshop skills/paid graphic design experience. will I make it?

Yes. Marketing and web development agency.

What is the subject? I own a marketing company and we buy up smaller websites if we see potential in them.

I run my own hedge fund with the crypto gains I earn; i.e., currency and commodity trading from crypto gains. I've got a net worth of $20 million and literally no one knows about it but you anons and my mom who I bought car and Mercedes for.

1. Web design
2. Mostly
3. Yes. Im my own boss.
4. I left previous web design job and started my own.
5. Dont trust people.

> What do you do?
I install furniture.
> Do make decent money?
Most of the year no, Dec-Feb and Apr-Jun I make OK money.
> Is it worth it?
I have fun but I enjoy not working more.
> How did you get started?
Worked for a dude, he died, his clients kept contacting me and while I was taking care of them more people called.
> Biggest lesson you learned?
Stretching is not retarded.

I'm an industrial machine entrepreneur, we rent out excavators, bulldozers and shit. Got a 50/50 partnership with my father in this business. We have 4 employees managing shit, plus an inhouse accountant.

Our biggest expense is fucking insurance on the machinery, next to employee salaries, followed by actual maintenance costs.

Been doing this for 9 years. I'm currently 30 years old.

The money is pretty good, it's not Lambo money, but we're comfy, and the insane insurance premiums allow us to sleep like babies.

entirely up to you. sounds like you've got a good foundation. stop planning and thinking and 'do'. but start projects about things you're passionate about. else you'll never finish anything.

you can manipulate low marketcap coins very well with that kind of capital user. i'm jelly.

1. App business/ecommerce business.
2. Yeah
3. Yeah
4. $300 and a Pajeet developer
5. Tim Ferris 4 Hour Work Week

All passive.

Does anyone here do templates and WP themes? I thought of doing some and see where it goes. I'm good at programming and shit at design, so I'd have to hire a web designer and sell my stuff on Envato market.

idk how you do it the stress of that would kill me

>intelligent overanalytical people struggle with it because they paralyse themselves with their autistic perfectionism
i hate this fate desu

do I need JavaScript and all that shit? dunno what the fuck I would even make. how do I get ideas

Not sure. Check out what incentives are available from your Government for people going solar and whether solar in New Zealand is growing.

I'm in a single state in the U.S. right now so my knowledge is somewhat limited to the States in general.

>What do you do?
Trade Crypto
>Do make decent money?
Yes, 900k last year
>Is it worth it?
100%
Started with $500 back in 2016
Cut losses, opportunity cost of holding shitty bags is too high in a bull run.

>Freelancer in the film industry.
Fluff boy?

yep self-employed with some money in crypto as well

>What do you do?
freelance writer
>Do make decent money?
yep - I'm from Eastern Europe and get paid in $ so even better
>Is it worth it?
100%
Googled freelance writing jobs - not even kidding. Also wagecucked one year and a half at a content agency
Never wagecuck at a company - just do it for some xp and move on

>making money is actually really easy and intelligent overanalytical people struggle with it because they paralyse themselves with their autistic perfectionism

Also this. I have a friend who is pretty dumb pulling down like 200-300k/year flipping shit 1999 style on eBay. His genius is that he doesn't overthink anything.

How much time do we have? Wise one please tell me an honest answer. How much time do we have to make a little money?

Both of my partners learned from working in Solar Sales. Its pretty easy and lucrative if you find a job at one of the big guys. They just feed you leads all day and you just need to set appointments and go show them if solar can save them money.

Depending on your skill set you could also partner with a former sales associate that is looking to move. I'm an Accountant, one of my partners worked in solar project management, and the other in solar sales. You don't need every piece of the puzzle. Sometimes you just need to be the guy that registers the LLC and makes the damn logo to turn the bar pipe dreams into reality.

Second on the don't trust people. Lawyers make a lot of money for a reason. Everyone and their mom has already tried to skim some of our profit in one way or another.

Hi.

It’s just all round news. How much do you buy the sites for? Let me guess... you buy them for affiliate marketing purposes?

Architect - sole proprietor
100K ish in low cost state
sure
went to undergrad, 3 yrs grad school, 3 yrs internship, opened my own practice
work smarter not harder, get paid 1/2 upfront

Currently buying single family rentals that cash flow. Cyrpto gains were a surprise. One more long run this year and I might retire.

>What do you do?
Online Marketing Agency.
>Do make decent money?
Absolutely. Beats my previous job: washing dishes.
>Is it worth it?
Yes, not just for the money, but also for the freedom.
Lurk on forums, reading blogs.
What made me a bad dish washer makes me a good entrepreneur. Don't ever let other people define what trait is good and what bad.

No but I got cucked by some guy who runs his own Magic the Gathering store
>enjoy my ex girlfriend’s herpes

>What do you do?
run a cleaning company
>Do make decent money?
$2k aud a week
>Is it worth it?
yes its fucking easy
found some site that offered basically a quick-start cleaning website. hired self-employed cleaners off my local equivalent of craigslist and told them i have extra work for them or a take it or leave it basis. if someone books a clean the cleaner will be notified and they can either accept/deny it. rates are generally around the $35-40/hr + extras mark for a clean, cleaners get $23-25 and i pocket the rest. best thing is they're technically not my employees so they have their own equipment/licenses/insurance etc
shit is fucking EASY. the biggest upfront cost was buying the website package which was $450

I second this. You just gotta have the risk taking mentality and jump in.

The way to look at it is this:
If you work for an employer, the company you work for fronts you the reward for your work by starting to pay you right away. The company takes the risk because you could turn out to be a shitty employee.

If you start a business, you’re fronting the company your hard work and money in the hopes that you’re rewarded with more money and freedom than you’d have in a normal job. You take the risk because the company might end up being a shitty company.

That’s what most people don’t realize when they bitch about their boss being so rich and then not getting enough money. They risked little by taking the job, and the entrepreneur Risked everything to start the company. You can’t bitch about not making it if you’re not willing to put yourself on the line to make it happen.

Self-published novelist. Have a couple of sci fi series (no I will not name them), along with billionaire/paranormal erotica written under a pen name.

The sci fi is my passion well churning out a new romance novel keeps the lights on. The old ladies on amazon who read that shit have an endless appetite.

Involves writing, self-editing, and then hiring cover artists and editors, costs about $500 per book but I easily make that back. Spend money for FB advertising and various email lists to get traction. As long as the cover is good and the writing is decent enough, and you've built up your brand, then you'll get sales. Don't price too high and you can push a lot of volume.

While I do this full time, the environment has gotten a lot more competitive. There are more books and authors trying to make it these days than years ago, and overall readership is declining. I fear for the future of my profession once the boomers are gone, who are really the largest demographic of readers.

Have to say though it's pretty /comfy/. My best year I pulled 100k (2013) but it's been steadily declining since then. I was wise enough to live frugally and invest in the stock market, so I'm sitting with a decent cash reserve. I make far less than I did then (equivalent to minimum wage, but I can pull from my reserves during lean times).

Mainly browse this board to find out about new coins that no one's hyped yet. If it weren't for Veeky Forums I wouldn't have stumbled upon REQ back in early december.

I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you really liked writing and were willing to go through a lot of shit. There are easier ways of making money.

What % of this is automated? Is that 2k/week total profit or revenue? How'd you market the site?

>online marketing agency

So you're marketing for clients or what? Online marketing is vague.

How do you make money? Per hour or per project? How do you get clients? Is it normal for an architect to work freelance like that?

Paid per project. I base my rates at roughly $125/hr. Estimate how many hours. Add extra for unique items. Get quotes from engineers when needed. Present proposal to client.

Clients through word of mouth. Have a handful of regular clients.

A good percentage of the industry does this. It's a cyclical industry so when times are tough you need low overhead.

nearly all of it is automated. i take customer phone calls and if someone pulls out of a job last minute/day before i have to find their replacement, much like retail jobs with teenagers. 2k profit, 3 years into it now so it wasn't an overnight success. a lot of it is just from SEO, i rank first on google for most "house cleaning in city" or "maid service in city" searches. in the very very early days it was mostly through asking family/friends and advertising on a craigslist style site

What is the website? I'm going to DDoS the shit out of it.

Putting your 2 weeks in in a bear market?

Interesting, thanks. What's the learning curve as an architect? What value do you bring exactly other than drawing out a plan? Or is that really all there is to it?

Awesome. I remember seeing something similar to this few years back on a forum where a guy was doing the same thing, something called like blackmaidservice.com or something, same model though. Seems like a great idea.

ya that would very likely be from the exact same site

Thought so haha, excellent.

At least you didn't get cucked by some guy running his own Magic the Gathering online exchange

I really hope you've been a trader for longer than a year OR you hate that job so much you don't care.

Im 26 and I have my own tree nursey with 6 employees. It's pretty awsome actually. Just bought myself a new Mercedes C-class full option with AMG kitt. Still tho im hoping that crypto will take me to that level of complete freedom.

I'm a carpenter, meh make cold cash upfront.
fuck taxes,
profit on you goons buying up my shitcoin bags.
kek

imagine slamming your cock down her throat and choking her neck to make it even tighter, while her mom watches. Fuck this dumb bitch.

How'd you start that? How profitable is it? Are you in a big city or rural area?

What else would I be thinking about?

its not easy gains you know. My father started it small in the 90's. A couple of years ago i took over and just made it more efficiënt by buying stock from nursery's that became to big for them. I specialized in big trees to handle these products. This way i could buy relatively cheap from other businesses and sell it pretty expensive to the normal customers. The season swings are pretty crazy tho so sometimes im really bleeding a lot of cash but in the season i make top buck. I can afford the new mercedes easily so i guess overall its allright. I live in a rural area.

Cool shit man, how do you do enough volume to afford that? Like who are your clients/customers? Is it just normal people or do biz 2 biz shit buying thousands of plants/trees?

Started working a year ago. I do financials.
Invested 300 eur on the side and now this earns me anywhere between 150 and 250 eur per month. I wish I could figure out a scheme where I can scale this - invest 3k, get 1000-1500/m. Facebook page + articles + adsense.

measuring your wealth in the things that you buy is a sure way to lose much more than necessary

Yes
>Mine cryptos

No in all srsness I do IT stuff.
Shit money but eh, early days. Getting better all the time.

Quick question, what percentage of clients would you say you get from your website as opposed to word or mouth or referrals?

What do you do?

Run a software business in the security industry

Do make decent money?

Starting to get pretty good. We had 2 lousy years but had a 12000% increase in our profits this year.

I earn around 1500 USD a week before taxes.

The company is profitable and will year me another 10k from the profits this year. Not really aiming huge profits until we cash out.

Is it worth it?

Total. It is hard as hell but if you are up for it gives you freedom. But with that comes a lot of responsibility. So you better keep your room clean!

How did you get started?

Dropped out of uni because they are 10 years behind the market. Jumped from work to work until I found a niche where I could excel.

Don't trust anyone and know what you are worth. Only suckers go below market value.

Nah its 90% normal people who are my clients. People with a fancy house that do not wanna wait 20 years for a tree to grow. So they spend €1500-€5000 on a tree. The hardest part is that you need specialized employees not just some fuck heads. You pay them year round while actually you only have like 5 months of real work for em. Thats the biggest cash eater, but there's not really a way around it tho since you can't just rent a new brain dead part-timer for these jobs.

>solo consultancy solving big problems with small ideas stemming from marketing and behavioural sciences
>about US$120,000 in my first year of operation
>based in Singapore
>love it because this is exactly what I like doing--solving problems without the media-related constraints of ad agencies or the detached ineffectiveness of bigger consulting firms

>Run a software business in the security industry

What does this mean?

Interesting shit, guess that makes sense. Hopefully automation will help someday.

large majority of new customers come from SEO, over half of last month's revenue was from existing customers as well since they have their clean every week/fortnight/month

hello fellow singaporean, being the highest iq nation in the world isnt easy

What do you actually do? What's an example of this?

Sounds incredible

How did you get your first client?

We integrate and automate processes between systems that need to interact with access control and surveillance systems.

Mostly private but also some gov.

$299 for a pair of shoes ... you will always be poor if you buy pointless shit like this.

Interesting, so like getting 3rd party software to integrate with each other? How do you find clients for such a boutique industry? Do you charge per project?

bro.. :(

any tips and good forums that you suggest for a start?

Hello, my brother. Sometimes I'm really not sure about our supposed high IQ, but I'm still keeping an open mind about it.
I currently only have one client but I can't really talk about it because the project's effectiveness relies on its confidentiality. Sorry about that. But imagine PR and advertising back in the 50s, before they became rigid and started working for >muh awards.
Cold email to the client organisation's leader. The idea was in my head for months so I decided to take the leap.

I'm a professional crypto holder, pretty volatile income, decent money, its worth it, I started with buying Iota at 80c then held through dip to 30c, the biggest lesson I learned is to always hold

Very cool, I understand. So you just sent them an email with your idea and they hired you as a consultant? Any advice for trying something similar? I'm bored making passive income desu, I'm thinking about doing consulting in the software/marketing/psychology industry.

are you native Singaporean or an expat

>>making money is actually really easy and intelligent overanalytical people struggle with it because they paralyse themselves with their autistic perfectionism
Holy fuck no kidding this is actually extremely crippling for some people. Simply realizing that this is a problem puts you ahead if you're willing to work on fixing it.

Exactly. We say we are an API first company so we build a homogeneous API to interact with several different systems. We make it easier for our customers to automate their process flows.

Word of mouth, we have a very good reputation. Also manufacturers point to us when their customers buy their products and what to do something different with them. That helps a lot.

We charge per project but an hourly rate. So we make a specification (which will of course never be final) and we charge somewhere around 150-250 USD per hour when we write code.

We also charge a monthly fee for support, right now me and my partner salary are covered by support agreements. Somewhere around 12k USD per month. We are hoping to hit 30K this year.

That's awesome, congrats. I need to do more business to business software. I'm assuming businesses are your primary clients? Just based off the support cost.

1) E-commerce Store and freelance graphical designer
2) Its alright, would be better if the CGT was lower
3) Yes and no, i dont have a 9-5, some days aint as heavy as others, some days are heavier than other
4) CBA finding a job during uni and then couldn't find a job after uni
5) You're taxed way too much, people are annoying as shit, being self employed doesnt mean you're your own boss, it means that each customer is kinda like your boss. You're always trying to please them to make sure you have return purchases but at the end of the day the 80/20 rule applies.

I also make 10k a year on passive gas which is goat and 1.5k a month on zennodes.

mommy
i
l
k
y

I sent them a very detailed proposal. Must have spent at least 40 hours on it.
I think it depends heavily on your luck, i.e. the people you're dealing with. My client is very serious about their work and not just trying to fuck each other over to get ahead in the organisation. Hence, I showed that I was equally serious about wanting to achieve the same goal. Not just through the proposal, but through follow-up documents of research that I've done that might help them in their own work. Some people will call this "value-added service" but I prefer not to wrap it up in obvious corporate-speak. To me, it was just a very rational thing to do.
To summarise, it wouldn't hurt too much to be serious and sincere about your work. Your clients will be able to sense it.
Born in Johor but raised here in a working class family. Got fed up wageslaving because class mobility is quite impossible that way.

How do you get into nodes?

>CGT

What?

Also second the taxes issue, government butt fucks the self employed. There is a steep cost to freedom that wagecucks never know.

How much Neo for 10k in gas? How'd you get in so early?

Good advice, thanks senpai.

Very shit LARP. Fuck off cunt

>What do you do?
freelance programmer
>Do make decent money?
not really. i make like 25$/hour but $200 monthly
>Is it worth it?
i don't know. i live in the third world so it's alright. i should work more though i work like 10 hours a month
upwork.com
i don't know

Private guitar teacher

Sort of, 40 an hour, obviously not all day every day.

It is worth it. It's deeply fulfilling and gets me by.

I got started by just being really good at guitar and advertising with
videos to prove that, basically. Cunts only want to see chops, especially dumb cunt guitar players. That said a slim few students have grown on me and I know they look up and consider me a mentor which gives me the good feels to be honest.

Biggest lesson is don't stop looking for more people or things to fill your time slots, if you can basically be a fucking walk in clinic for 6 hours a day, person in person out, you're making it as best you can playing guitar without winning the lottery and getting to play soul crushing shit normies know you for for 40 years.

That's your perception.

Can't reveal details about your "project". Post proof about what you do or fuck off u shit larper

No one else posted proof, why the fuck would he? Lol you retard.

>Anonymous (ID: CY8u29Z+) 01/23/18(Tue)15:55:55 No.6841753▶
> (You)

theres guides online on how to do it , in short you need
A stake
VPS
Cheap Electricity.

Since my utility company is a complete cuckold and charges me insane amounts each year under the notion of "unlimited electricity". i abuse the fuck out of it with nodes (they aint even elec intensive). I wanted to do some mining but the entry cost is too high

Having to compromise my hard work just to prove myself to an anonymous poster on a Bhutanese wooden penis souvenir message board doesn't sound like a very good deal to me.

good work buddy, you seem to be doing well. I sincerely hope you prosper. im currently in uni doing a bachelors in international relations. It's something i love and have a passion for, but will i make it? You know how saturated the degree market is like in Singapore.

gimme milkers

i have roughly 2638 neo, had some when it was still ant share, sold some in late august and then bought some more during the china bear.

You pay these guys to stay home when there's no work?

I love you my man!

If you werent larping you wouldnt even mention it u brown chink.

go stick your 2 inch cock up someone elses ass u fucking cuck

I am. Callgirl of 5 years. In another 5 I'll be able to retire.

> 2 inch cock
sorry senpai, 130iq 8 incher here