Computer engineering

Hey bros I have a computer engineering degree, but I never have the discipline to sit down and code. Can I learn to code at an entry level programming job and gain experience through training? Or am I fucked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LOe9GNEDKZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=8UsI9CXHm6o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>computer engineer
>cant code
literally how?

Very bad degree, that's all

Yeah, this is pretty common actually.

No, OP. If you didn't think all your coursework was piss easy, you are lost fucking cause.

MIS degree here. can someone explain to me what a 'server' is?

lock yourself in a room for two weeks straight and do nothing but code. It's very easy to learn for anybody really

its probably gonna look pretty bad that you got a computer engineering degree and you do not know how to code but idk good luck

Haven't seen any curriculum for compeng not include some sort of programming course. One at my uni is pretty fucking easy (UT) and still includes Python / Java as an intro to programming.
Calling a larp

Chemistry degree, how to synthezise Crystal Meth and sell on Dark net?

>literally how?

unironically graduated from Pajeet college of engineering

Kek

>I have a computer engineering degree, but I never have the discipline to sit down and code

Can you walk us through the steps it took to accomplish this? I am genuinely curious how you got a degree in computer engineering, without ever learning how to code.

this.

if you didn't pass your IT assignments with ease, get out of IT because you can't compete.
Even pajeet succeeded without having to study regularly

Copied code from other peeps and changed the variable names a little bit

I did a research on this last night due to my computer addiction, it's because of your reduced willpower due to constant Internet usage

First, watch this and do this now: youtube.com/watch?v=LOe9GNEDKZ8

Next, this explains the science behind what's going on youtube.com/watch?v=8UsI9CXHm6o

Become a software tester and you never have to code again

>be addicted to internet
>make $400,000 in a few months by fucking around on the computer

wow being disabled sucks

I like code and computers in general. I just feel in school there was no incentive to learn because the semesters were short and I was taking 6 classes at once. But at a job I'm being paid and working on cool projects so maybe I can learn.

Start with one line of code

Report back when done

>a broken clock is right twice a day
Congrats, you and I are lucky since we got into the bubble at the right time, but the problem still exists.

Have an aim to make a project. Make something related to crypto, learn how to make use of trading apisin and make a basic bot or anything really. Itll give you motivation to code, rather than via shitty little exercises which are boring as fuck.

Pajeets don't pass with ease. They study in huge gangs, aggressively argue that their assignments are group work, leech onto the locals and then refuse to do any of the group work. They then take this same lazy attitude into the workplace, where everything is just copy/paste and no creativity and their work is therefore shit.

Source:
Dropped out of my IT postgrad at a quality uni because it was too fucking easy and full of foreign students and went straight into a 100k/year job.

I work hard and get good grades (A-range), but it doesn't feel easy to me. Am I fucked?

wrong, humanity is already accelerating towards digital singularity

any detrimental side effects of information overload are simply growing pains that will be solved in time

fuck your 'paranoid single mother science'

Yeah same here (TX). Super cliquish, though I've had some genius pajeet peers.

No. Working hard and doing well means you're applied and competent. You're literally what they're looking for. Working "hard" but inefficiently and leeching off others, having zero creativity and getting average grades makes you a Pajeet.

Computer engineering student here, this degree is definitely hard and all I do is fucking code. OP is a dumb nigger and doesn’t go to a real school

But I don't feel like I can do anything. Whenever I finish an exam my brain just resets and I have to essentially relearn everything the next semester. I seriously think that I'm retarded

Yeah, don't get me wrong, you get the odd awesome coder, network engineer or security guy. But when they tell your their ambition is to be a fucking Java tester, Cisco-certified phone answerer, Oracle certed, BA or TA, then you know there's a problem.

coding isn't just coursework...you have to actually fucking practice and do it on your own...

Hey bros, I have a nursing degree, but I never have the discipline to sit down and learn medication administration or pharmacology. Can I learn how to administer meds at an entry level nursing job and gain experience through training, or am I fucked?

You have to code regularly to keep on top of it. But once you understand how it works, it's pretty easy to learn new languages/pick it back up.

And that's normal with all study. It's in there, somewhere.

if you are a nigger or spic you don't need any experience or applicable skill, just apply to your nearest hospital and start murdering old people through negligence today

Do you use leetcode and hackerrank? I can't even solve the easy problems

imo you're fucked if you don't get some stimulants. i mean legal ones... but they're still addictive etc

What you were supposed to learn in school was never going to be enough. It was supposed to introduce you to the basics, and then you were supposed to immerse yourself beyond them on your own. A programmer always makes himself.

>Can I learn to code at an entry level programming job
of course
you obviously have some programming knowledge due t your degree, you just think you're not very good.
Guess what, most people who have a degree in x aren't really an expert in it. I have a degree in mechanical engineering and I barely understand how car engines work
Just bullshit your way through and learn through experience

I like your attitude towards life. Some people are so serious about everything. No worries just be happy

Now, I've seen coders who could barely turn a computer on. There was this one old guy, wrote cobol shit for multiple big companies for the y2k fixes. He made a killing. But he somehow knew next to nothing about computers. Was constantly fixing his shit he was breaking or generally fucking up. That was beside the inch thick layer of nicotine the covered everything.

But a computer engineer who can't code? I'm with you, how the fuck can that happen? I went to a podunk college, but even there, there was no way you could graduate with a computer engineering degree without being able to demonstrate your coding ability. We had the copy and pasters trying to get through coding classes, but the eng coursework was too heavily into coding to be able to graduate without knowing how.

Thanks, user

Look up Ken Birman from Cornell University and read his paper on distributed computing, with his PhD student, Silvano Maffies. He computerised the New York Stock Exchange and the French Air Traffic control system. After that, you'll understand a bit more about what servers are. Unix Socket Programming is also pretty neat for beginners.

exactly what i needed now
thanks

ok bot

Hardware engineering != software engineering.
>I never have the discipline to sit down and code.
Just get a computer engineering job instead.
With that attitude, you're not going to get good, and you'll gouge your eyes out having to sit down and code 8 hours EVERY SINGLE work day for years, and years, and years.