He's not all in on XLM

>he's not all in on XLM

I'm not sure if they'll include this information on the roadmap that's coming in a couple of days (Jan. 25) or hold on to it for a while but let me just bring your attention to a few things:

>coindesk.com/goodbye-ethereum-kik-plans-move-ico-tokens-stellar/

KIK, who has their own token (KIN), is bailing on their own currency, in order to change to using XLM on their platform. KIN, being an ERC20 token, was running much too slow for their liking; this is the start of the obvious decoupling of XLM from BTC/ETH (as if it weren't obvious at this point that XLM is closest coupled with XRP, oddly enough). Provided everything goes well, we can expect a Q2 rollout of XLM as an intermediary token for the KIK platform. This just goes to show that while ETH provides smart contracts for transactions, when applied to the real world, some people and applications of coins and tokens operate best on a fast and cheap alternative instead of a completely secure and traceable platform with smart contracts (I know you're going to shit on me for this, but not everything involving cryptocurrency transactions requires a smart contract, especially if we're talking super normies).

Other urls found in this thread:

www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/53290.wss
stripe.com/blog/ending-bitcoin-support
twitter.com/alexisohanian/status/955531298902228992
pundix.com/index.html
nyteknik.se/tekniknyheter/article6893799.ece/BINARY/IBM
pastebin.com/90b7c0AL
pastebin.com/QqU5TGFG
lumenauts.com/tutorials/how-to-join-the-inflation-pool
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is further backed by by Lindsay Lin's presentation in Singapore's SUSS conference where they outlined the major qualities of XLM for tokenization:
>optimal for fungible, counter-party backed tokens
>optimal for enterprise-level, production-ready tokenization needs
In laymen's terms, they want both consumers and producers to be able to use XLM as a transitionary currency between both the big heads and the small fish, as well as being a platform for future ICOs and a gateway to fiat (primarily gearing for the FairX exchange which runs on the Stellar network and utilizes Stellar as the mode of transaction; fiat goes into Stellar, Stellar then used as pairing for whatever shitcoin Veeky Forums is shilling this week, all as a means to reduce fees and the amount of time spent waiting for the transaction to occur). Here's the kicker for you XRP haters: Stellar Lumens is the alternative to Ripple if you're so hellbent on your jewcoin argument. Contrary to XRP, XLM is non-profit and an open node set with customized quorums.

Because Stellar is gearing up for the potential for large companies to use it (which I will address in a moment), it makes sense that the total supply is so high. And before you give me a "muh market cap" argument, you need to realize that with real world application, it is a near necessity to have such a large supply, and it should not dictate what "price point" you think XLM will reach, especially considering you can only compare it to the market cap of Bitcoin, the largest we know, and cannot accurately state what the potential peak of crypto market cap could be.

Also showcased in Singapore was a XLM ATM, an in-person way to deposit and withdraw fiat for/from XLM that can be used to purchase other shitcoins or strictly as a means to convert money into XLM for use as payment among your peers and in the consumer sphere. This is reaching Chinese levels of payment, where you legitimately need nothing other than your phone to pay for items. No wallet, no cash, no cards. I don't think I need to remind you what company INVENTED ATMs but for the sake of doing your research for you, it was IBM. It's a pretty safe bet that with Stellar being supported by IBM, and Stellar intending on creating XLM ATMs, that IBM will whip up something for them that will meet and exceed industry standards.

Anyways, back to the real juicy stuff that you guys (should) care about:
>partnership with a market maker due late Jan/early Feb

While I'm not here to explain the intricacies of what a "market maker" does, the gist is that it adds increased liquidity to XLM and implies that, within a specific price point, the market maker will be accumulating XLM. With the way that the markets have been, XLM holders can expect a new floor to be set and a potential pump on the release of the news, though you should be buying the hype right now. People on plebbit are spouting "ooh ooh Wells Fargo... NO... VISA!" and all this nonsensical shit. VISA accounts for nearly 3/4ths of the electronic money transactions in the world, with 15- million transactions a day and 15,000 a minute on VISAnet, I highly doubt that they are in desperate need for an updated platform, though I admit, that would be huge. The only credible plebbit post on this is the one making the guess that the alleged "money maker" is TD Bank, which is a more likely prediction as IBM has been working with TD Bank recently to update their business methods using blockchain (one of the first Western applications of crypto in the financial sphere), which means we can likely see a large chunk of tokens going continuously to TD if they're playing their role correctly and a lot of other corporations following suit if things go well. If they can integrate this platform into TD Ameritrade, their online brokerage platform, we could start seeing mobile exchanges that act as a crossover between traditional investments and crypto investments. The market maker IS NOT and CAN NOT be FairX at this point considering there is not a beta platform for their exchange yet and it would be too early to deem them as a market maker unless they were stocking XLM prior to launch, which is also not the case, as the Stellar Foundation has already set aside a number of coins to be launched on FairX.

wakey wakey

>www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/53290.wss
>IBM has convened an initial group of diverse banking leaders as part of the development and deployment process, including Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, Bank Danamon Indonesia, Bank Mandiri, Bank Negara Indonesia, Bank Permata, Bank Rakyat Indonesia, Kasikornbank Thailand, Mizuho Financial Group, National Australia Bank, Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. (RCBC) Philippines, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, TD Bank, Wizdraw (HK) of WorldCom Finance, and other financial institutions.

IBM would not test out their golden project child on any of the banks they listed other that TD Bank. Everything else is either too small scale for their tastes or potentially running into adoption conflict with XRP which is making its rounds around that area now. Why force a bank to decide when you can target a bank that has a multi-million individual user-base, already working online brokerage account that is used widespread, and is not getting other coins slammed down their throats? By keeping it in the West, where crypto is still an emerging thing in the mainstream, and out of the East, where coins/tokens come and go like clockwork, they know what they're doing.

>stripe says fuck bitcoin, nobody's got this shit
>stripe.com/blog/ending-bitcoin-support

Poor grandaddy Bitcoin has been supported as a payment method by Stripe since 2014, back when it was worth a smidge of what it eventually came to be worth, and now they're removing it as an option due to block size limits, slow transactions, and high transaction fees that deterred consumers from using Bitcoin as a payment method. That's seemingly quite coincidental that they would drop Bitcoin due to those reasons, as surely there is not a lack of people still buying into cryptocurrency in general (of course not into BTC at this point), but also that XLM tackles every issue that they listed as reason for removing BTC. This is speculation, and not fact, but this opens Stripe up for the potential to be based on the Stellar network with high speeds, low fees, and a lack of block size limits as XLM, again, has such a large and static supply (I say "static" because it's guaranteed that no XLM will be released, and, if anything, there would be token burns). They are effectively phasing out Bitcoin transactions by April 23, 2018, but finish their post by saying they are still confident in crypto, and the sentence that should get your knickers a little wet:
>We may add support for Stellar (to which we provided seed funding) if substantive use continues to grow.
>(to which we provided seed funding)

>this one's for my plebbit fags
>alexis ohanian vocally supporting stellar on twitter
>twitter.com/alexisohanian/status/955531298902228992

Yada yada yada, blah blah blah
Not much to really say here. This may not mean anything substantive other than Ohanian is holding XLM, but also has the implications to mean something huge. If plebbit allows for users to purchase gold using XLM, it's kind of hard to argue that it cannot function in more informal settings, ones outside of exchanges or banks. And given the fact that it's relatively fresh on the scene and gunning straight towards Rebbit, it's evident that this isn't some shitcoin that's gonna have to work its way up through partnerships with dead and/or dying companies or functioning on bullshit announcements that do nothing (*cough* TRX *cough* these bags are very heavy). The question here, in the hypothetical that Rebbit adopts XLM, is whether Rebbit will buy a lot of XLM in order for users to buy XLM from them in order to buy gold, or if it requires users to access exchanges themselves and buy into Stellar which they would then transfer. IF, BIG IF, this happens, I assume it will be after FairX launch and it is easier and more accessible for normies and complete idiots to buy XLM straight with fiat.

>weiss rates cryptocurrencies
>XLM gets an A-

Correct me if I'm wrong as a ton of these fake ratings have run around today, but I think this is all you need to know. The only other token to get an A- (No As across the board) was NEO, so it asks the question as to what the criteria of the grading was, but obviously they like XLM which is a good sign in general. The more people who like it, the more likely it is for people to be warmed up to the idea that it's worthwhile to use. You're looking at the real Bitcoin killer right here. The majority of the people buying BTC are either using it to buy into alts (poor fools) or to sit on and profit; if BTC had actually held up its same standard, it might've been applicable to use for payment in the real world. But it's fallen flat on its face and gotten senescent to the point where it is not the dream Satoshi dreamed of (in b4 BCash is the real BTC). XLM will allow you to buy into alts, allow you to reap profits from holding, and is on the forefront of actually being used as a potential payment method and store of value for financial and consumer application.

I'll stick around for discussion and questions provided there isn't a circle-jerk or pathetic attempts at FUD.

>extra future shit that you can ask about but I wasn't going to mass post (already at 10,000 characters)

>PundiX, running on ETH, will allow for Fiat/XLM purchases as outlined in their 2018 roadmap (30+ country adoption)
>pundix.com/index.html

>Turkish exchange Coinneks will allow EUR/XLM pairing beginning in a few days

>Coinnest listing XLM

>IBM proposition to Swedish central bank to develop "e-kronas" using Stellar as the intermediary/ VISA propositions to help
>nyteknik.se/tekniknyheter/article6893799.ece/BINARY/IBM

nice work OP. with all this going on tho does it make sense for XLM to increase in price? at about 2 for $1 its probably more attractive to normies and keeps exchange calculations simple. do you think there could be a sustantial increase in value?

link to actual ratings? thanks for the information.

pastebin.com/90b7c0AL

I believe that as use-case becomes more widespread and if things go well where they are applied, the price increase is inevitable. Where the top is, I don't know. To match BTC's current (not ATH) market cap, XLM would have to reach $11. Which, at this point, sounds juicy as hell. At BTC's ATH, Stellar would match at $34. Extra juicy. We'll have to see obviously, but at around $0.50, I find it a hard argument to not pick up some of these to sit on through the year.

>
The one that I saw must've been a fake leak because here it shows that XLM, along with practically every other coin, got a C. Pretty much guarantees that boomers have no idea what the fuck they're doing when they're "grading" cryptos. They didn't release the methodology behind the ratings and only included market cap and past performance so who knows. Plus ADA got one of the higher grades, which I can understand if you're basing that grade on what is promised and slated to happen with your product, but we can all agree that it's accumulation season for ADA right now, because it is legitimately vaporware.

Thanks brother. I was hoping that my lengthy typing would not fall on deaf ears. Not to mention that I drop into nearly every XLM thread and have to always preface myself as the "insider," if I can even say that. Let's just say I know a bit more about the XLM/IBM inner workings that the majority of this board and like to let people know as much as I know that I am able to disclose publicly.

I've been with you since you first showed up in a thread. I have no doubt you're an insider considering how large the company is. I chose XLM as my all-in because I was tired of the staring at charts all day so now I'm just riding the slope upward. Already at 2x so whatever happens is pure comf

Good shit my friend, and I will be around for quite some time. Especially when we're in lamboland and I can rejoice with the people who actually listened to me and didn't disregard me as a LARP or paid shill. While the mainstream may have heard about crypto and bitcoin specifically through the media lately, relatively few of those have actually invested, and, arguably, ZERO crypto has officially broken out into the mainstream for actual realized use-cases. If you count the very rare bitcoin transactions in the few areas that allow them, sure, but XLM is being built for the sole purpose of fixing where shit went south with that in terms of speed and fees. If there's a coin to break through to the public in North America, at the least, it would be a result of IBM/Stellar/FairX/TD Bank workings during this year. We've got a bountiful year of holding ahead of us, and with this roadmap coming out (which I'm curious to see what I may have missed or if I included things not even mentioned on it), we're just waiting for the impending pump and FOMO.

pastebin.com/QqU5TGFG
>out into the mainstream for actual realized use-cases.

5 Things You Need To Know About Stellar Lumens According To IBM
IBM’s Michael Dowling, Group CTO and Chief Architect for Blockchain Financial Services, referred to in his Reddit post a month ago about their partnership with Stellar.

IBM and Stellar have a common purpose to fix a genuine problem and they are determined to stick together to make this happen
>The IBM/Stellar Universal Payment Solution represents a shift in the way traditional – and now non-traditional – financial institutions can send value around the world with as little fraction as legally possible….The folks at Stellar, like us, want to see the world move past the 40 + year old fragmented system that we all suffer in today, but move towards a system that is more fair and equitable for all. This partnership is not just long term – it’s tight. Stellar joined the Hyperledger Foundation in addition to partnering on this project. There are many upcoming projects coming up this year about to be announced.

Stellar Lumens (XLM / STR) is already active and being used in very practical ways. Volume will only increase as more partnerships are announced. Results will be seen very soon – Q1 2018.

>XLM, while relatively small today, is growing fast. More and more people are using Lumens and trading them actively. We have a strong desire (and requirement) to open the market for fiat to XLM at the institutional level. We have 1 major market maker right now, and 14 major institutions involved in direct or indirect capacity on the network. Starting in Q1 2018, you should see more of those institutions redirecting payment traffic on the network.
This major market maker is rumored to be Bank of America based on one of their websites mentioning XLM in the code before the page was promptly taken down.

>It is steps ahead of Bitcoin as it is already compliant with regulations
This right here

>went all in at 5500/$.80
Am I gonna be alright?

yeah probably, just wait awhile

Wew lad....

>not buying at .03 or around 250 sats.

wtf i have 1 million kin

Did it realy get A- raiting

nah it got a C. but 80-90% of that list of 74 cryptos was rated as C lol. doesn't seem like it was a very well researched report.

it says they are moving to the stellar blockchain not abandoning kin unless i missed something

BUY HIGH BABAY

>The IBM/Stellar Universal Payment Solution
This is what GBS has been pushing for about a year now after having worked out the kinks. Best part, as you mentioned, is that it's not strictly for banks' needs but also in things as simple as mom-and-pop shops (those aren't the kinds of clients that are obviously calling on IBM for assistance, but they are still kept in mind when trying to calculate the scalability of the use-cases). It's the same way XRP operated, except XLM is not limiting its functions, just starting from the top to ensure that it works as intended in even the most rigorous of situations. Keep an eye on companies like Honda and American Airlines; they have recently started to use IBM cloud computing and other services, and, if they are satisfied with their quarterly results, I will guarantee you 100% right here right now (screen cap if needed) IBM will try to push them onto the blockchain.

>Stellar Lumens (XLM / STR) is already active and being used in very practical ways
This is true. But it's under the covers right now, really. It hasn't broken through to the point where it is a common name or being spouted on media sites and broadcasts, but people will be surprised when a whole bunch of big recognizable companies all of a sudden start to vocalize their support for the Stellar platform, which will in turn just cause that much more money to flow into the game. For example, IBM came out recently with a new set of television commercials that mention their blockchain services and how it could revitalize business, but makes no mention of Stellar or XLM. By the time they want people to hear about it, it will have been set in place everywhere it ought to be.

>Also showcased in Singapore was a XLM ATM

Looks like I'm taking a holiday to Singapore to cash out.

Got 740 XLM. Will I be good if I hodl or sell a little for a coin in the negative I know will come back? Thinking of just hodling til the rocket finally takes off again.

>For example, IBM came out recently with a new set of television commercials that mention their blockchain services and how it could revitalize business, but makes no mention of Stellar or XLM. By the time they want people to hear about it, it will have been set in place everywhere it ought to be.

s-so we're still very early adopters?

please make me rich stellar snek

IBM is dooing stuff with hyperlages as well not only XLM.
They are using hyperledger for all the product tracking and you know ledger stuff.

>actually believed a joke rating and sold low
Weak hand faggots on suicide watch

(cont.)

>This major market maker is rumored to be Bank of America based on one of their websites mentioning XLM in the code before the page was promptly taken down.

I had not heard that, and I am not sure whether this is true or not. I know IBM has their hands in Bank of America but I didn't think they had the balls to take the bull straight by the horns like that. If it is though... wew. Regardless, provided that their market maker is actually a bank and not some glorified way to address FairX, that's all the evidence necessary to consider it "adopted." No group would agree to be a market maker unless they were trying to stockpile coins for use or believed that the coin had the potential to increase in value.

Ouch. You'll be alright if you hold, but that is quite the predicament to be in. If it makes you feel any better, Teeka put out a call to buy up to $1.50 (prior to the massive dip). No estimates on how long that will take, but $1.50 EOY will be a walk in the park if things pan out exactly how they plan it (and IBM really drives accomplishments into deadlines out the ass).

They aren't abandoning KIN I don't believe, but they are transitioning it to operate on the Stellar platform. I'm not sure what that means given KIN is an ERC20 token and XLM operates separately, but I would keep an eye on the news with that. Furthermore, if they're integrating an ERC20 token on the Stellar platform and it runs well, that opens up a whole new world for FairX and exchange pairs as a whole.

Sadly, it was a prototype, but I wouldn't doubt that they'll roll them out by EOY, being generous, or at least allude to it in their roadmap.

Thank you OP. Stellar truly is an amazing project, I see it overtaking btc and eth this year. Perhaps in deluded, but I've never been so sure about any coin.

Hi OP, I have no disagreement with you about the strength of the technology, or the business acumen of the people behind stellar. But what do you think of the supply issue?

Currently only 17 billion are circulating out of a total of 103 billion. There is no roadmap or timeline as to when these will be released. As an investor I'd be extremely spooked by the idea that the supply could double or triple at any time.

Roadmap and more news is coming too soon for you to try and make quick flips to increase your stack right now. Either price into XLM with what you've got or just sit on what you have. Depending on where you bought in, 740 will be fine. Not "making it" fine, but you'll obviously come out with more money than you started with.

How do I put this in a clever analogy:
It's like your very well respected friends are throwing a massive party with all the fixins. We're so early to the party that the hosts are still setting up, and I'm here to invite all my homies to the party because I know it's going to be massive. Some people don't want to come because they think they've got better things to do (sitting in their parents' basement) or some people think that the party is going to be weak. But, because the guest list isn't public, a lot of people missing out don't know that a large number of even more respected people are invited. It's about whether they show up and are ready to party.

IBM and HyperLedger could and should be treated one in the same. HyperLedger is governed by the CEO of DigitalAssets and the CTO of IBM's Open Technology department. Therefore, if clients want access to HyperLedger, they are going through IBM to do so, which makes IBM kind of the necessary branch for XLM and the Stellar Foundation to move beyond their original partnerships directly through Stellar to those clients operating through IBM's blockchain services.

>weiss reports
>independent, unbiased, accurate, trusted
>unbiased, accurate
>boomers
pick one

Obviously all depending on the yearly performance of BTC and ETH, but yes, if those two keep dead cat bouncing all the way down. It would be easy to see XLM taking a top spot in market cap.

upvoting this post

(((+1)))

this is a worry ive been having too

There is a roadmap and timeline.
Also XLM holders get inflation back on a weekly basis if they're a part of inflation pools. Check out the stellar subreddit for info

We will know for sure (hopefully) when the roadmap is released what they plan on doing with the locked coins, whether it be to release them to the public or for burning purposes later on, but I stand by my belief in that a large portion of those coins are locked up for the purpose of dealing them to exchanges or applications in order to facilitate the startup. I know for a fact that a chunk of those are going immediately to FairX when it goes live, but that still brings into question the rest. Will they do the same for the big businesses and corporations that adopt the tech to prop them up and get them on their feet in the platform? Too soon to tell truly, but it is a plausible idea; I doubt that they would've locked so many coins up compared to current circulating supply if they didn't have reason to believe that they needed those coins on a whim, be it to test their nets when out at a client who is implementing blockchain solutions. It's also not a TRX situation where people should be scared of getting exit scammed by Stellar.

I'm going to try and say this without spilling details that could get me in trouble, but I know that a lot of those locked coins have been used to stress test systems and to "promote" the speed and scalability of XLM in higher institutional transactions.

ie: Bank of America stress test
>The test shows that in order to weather two years of the most severe economic circumstance, Bank of America would need to increase Tier 1 common capital by $33.9 billion.
$33.9 billion in XLM is 67.8 billion tokens, which they currently have locked up. Hypothetically, XLM could completely stress test Bank of America's transaction system, and more, with what is locked up currently. I believe that they could be doing this type of assessment across all their partners to show them the flexibility of Stellar and just how much faster and cheaper it is to manage such large amounts of money.

>There is a roadmap and timeline.

There is no roadmap or timeline for release of non-circulating coins, don't dodge the issue.

>Also XLM holders get inflation back on a weekly basis if they're a part of inflation pools.

True but it's important to note that inflation adds new coins to the total supply. A lot of people don't get this, they think the non-circulating coins that already exist will slowly be added to the supply through inflation. That's false, they're a totally separate thing.

Yes, no shilling (even though I think I've transcended that point by now), I highly suggest people to join the faucet and inflation pool. The plebbit has better details but here's the linked guide:
>lumenauts.com/tutorials/how-to-join-the-inflation-pool

Since XLM is gearing for a way to exchange fiat for crypto, they obviously want to account for inflation when generating the price pairings, which would be an absolute shitmess to figure out doesn't work by the time all this is implemented. That's why having iron hands and not being an idiot that cries about "where are my updates" comes in handy since they're not going to release things until they are absolutely pristine. I can wait, you all can wait, I know it will be worthwhile. Outside of being objective, I personally feel like there will be something, some kind of catalytic announcement or partnership, that will cause this rocket to shoot straight to the moon and it will take a lot to knock it off its trajectory. That's why it's in ultimate accumulation mode right now: it's going to pull an XRP, moon hard, and set a whole new floor that's multiples higher than what it's currently worth.

Yeah, roadmap is coming soon, tomorrow or something? I can't be assed to double check, but it's soon. And that is true, the inflation pools generate Stellar that is not a part of the locked tokens, but it is also a seemingly negligible amount compared to the total supply, circulating and locked. I don't know all the details on the actual counts for the inflation, but I feel like with the release of the mainnet and FairX coming, a lot of those coins will either be sold to large companies who are adopting the tech (of which FairX is guaranteed), held for promotion purposes, potentially burnt at some time (we would need the roadmap first), or, worst case scenario and pretty unlikely, released to the public for purchase.

Take this with a grain of salt. See how the market cap generally starts increasing around February? Take this into account when considering getting out. As long as there isn't any news, XLM should remain pretty stable from the end of March til the end of May.

To get to the #3 spot where ripple currently is, it'd have to ~5x from its current spot which is completely doable. Taking into account the huge increase in crypto market cap, a low cap of 400B and a high cap of 800B, further interest in crypto, normies and boomers, we can make a fair estimate of 1T market cap around EOY/BOY. BTC dominance fell about 20% while ETH took 10% of that. With about 100B going to alts.

We can gather that XLM has ~5 * ~2 * ~2 = ~20 growth factor which would put it at ~20 * $0.5 = $10 ~EOY

True, there is not *timeline* for it. Regardless I'm holding through February at least. Not holding this forever.

In other words, since XLM might 2x or 3x within this month it might be better for you wait it out til it gets to ~1.10 - ~1.50 for $2000 profit, look for another coin to moon 5x between march and may, get back into XLM with $10000 between june and august for a 2x which puts you at $20000, hop out for a potential moon mission somewhere else ~2-5x for $40,000-$100000 and then hop back in XLM which would be around ~3-5 for ~$120000 - $500000.

You're welcome :^)

For the long HODLers, accumulating at this point is a must. However, if you want to take the route you're taking about not holding forever, you've gotta wait for the roadmap and still keep up to date with the happenings within Stellar if you want to ride the wave and provided their roadmap is spread enough and has things set in stone. Then you can buy the hype and sell the news on the dot to everything they have planned out. But be cautious considering I mentioned there's always the possibility for XLM to pull an XRP, moon out of no where and set a floor at nearly double what it was worth the week before. That's the only pitfall here looking for quick flips, because we can't tell if it'll bleed after or just keep gunning for the moon. Despite advising against trying to pull any tricks on XLM for this same reason, I will, on the other hand, advise the buys and sells in accordance to whatever the roadmap says. I would accumulate before FairX, ride the FairX wave, ride partnerships and all the news, but just make sure to get out before you get dumped on. I shouldn't have to tell you the obvious that Stellar has been kept low due to whale manipulation, or else it would right up there at XRP's price point right now.

>in trouble

Is that you, Michael?

>Michael
no

That confirms it you namefag you.

But ya love what you do man. Do you like the plebbit or Veeky Forums crowd more?

XLM got a C rating tho, just like 90% of all the other coins.

Tell me this is going to worth at least 3$ this year and I'll suck your cock and pour 200k$ right now.

really nice pepe

What makes you guys think this shitcoin is going to make it anywhere close to a dollar anytime soon. Its been going sideways for weeks

it'll be worth more than that by the end of the year bub

Fuck it, BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

Hello XLM holders

I've been reading about various IBM Blockchain projects the past few weeks. Are they related to XLM in any way?

If yes can you give me a short tl;dr how XLM is connected to the IBM blockchain projects?

>xlm got an A-

I thought Weiss gave it a C alongside Dogecoin

>tfw I'm still not Michael
Plebbit gives good information and tells you what you want to hear, but Veeky Forums will always give it to you straight and shit on your preconceptions. Everything taken with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I saw the "leaked" false report. Pretty stupid for them to say they're going to rate cryptos and then proceed to give 75% of them the exact same neutral grade. It was all a ruse to try and cash in on the hype and make some money on their end.

I'll have a better idea when I can see the roadmap coming out tomorrow, but IBM is definitely pushing all their manpower into this blockchain integration. Their last quarterly report was the first revenue increase in nearly two years, and have seen a large jump due to their GBS implementing emerging technologies, so they're riding these coattails to try and drag them out of the mud. At this current moment in time, my absolute best EOY estimate, being generous, could easily be $3-5. $5 would only put us at half the current BTC market cap, with BTC being relatively low, so I think that's a feasible possibility. The time frame for that to occur though all depends on how they're slating their releases.

>anywhere close to a dollar anytime soon
It was at $0.90 like two weeks ago. And we're in the worst January slump we've had. I would rather it be moving sideways than moving down like most everything else. Like I said, the whales are accumulating most likely in this price range, hence why there hasn't been much of any jumps or dips. Look at the trading view and you can see the manipulation easily with MACD and bollinger bands, if for even a second that price drops below estimations, it's bought up instantly with major oversold signals being shown. The price is also at the point now where it's unlikely that anyone who bought in on the pump or even earlier up into the current price range is trying to sell, so it's playing right into big fish hands.

read the thread

Yes.
tl;dr: literally this thread
I forcefed practically everything to you

So what is the absolute maximum that XLM can go?

With that much in circulation and total supply, will we ever realistically see more than 1.50$, a measly 2-3x increase?

JFC the handholding

look at its current satoshi value compared to its all time high. its not far off the ATH and if we get some stability in the market as a whole XLM should be able to keep creeping its way up there.

and there were lots of signs from analysts that it was ready to explode a couple of weeks ago but the market crash happened in the same time frame so it slowed things down.

shortest tl;dr: this photo, which something tells me you won't understand

short tl;dr: xlm is the underlying asset to each and every one of those blockchain projects, as they are facilitated by and operate on the stellar network

Over what time period?
It could get as high as $25 over the years. It's a global currency, we must not forget that.

Are you dumping the news, biz?

>So what is the absolute maximum that XLM can go?

kind of a loaded question, whats the maximum that the crypto market can go? consensus is that this coin isn't a traditional shitcoin and can become an established coin that wont disappear, a non meme coin.

a lot of price predictions right now are assuming crypto doesn't get a lot more popular over the next couple of years. i think with big institutional money coming into the crypto space, government money, all sorts of "big" money coming in, will be the tide that raises all ships. this market as a whole can still grow a lot more. basically XLM has room to grow quite a bit at the current level of money crypto has in it, and if more billions or even trillions come in over the next couple of years years? price could skyrocket

>mfw bought at $0.7

Currently holding:
3k REQ
1.3k XLM
1k ADA
1k LINK

Should I go all in on xlm or keep some of my coins?

>will we ever realistically see more than $1.50
Teeka called buys up to $1.50 before the market shit out on itself, so take that for what it's worth. And again, we can't be so sure since we can't tell what is being done with the coins that are locked up. In order for Stellar to match BTC's market cap when BTC was at its ATH, Stellar would be priced in at $34. There's a lot of wiggle room between $1.50 and $34.

There's another that confirms the obvious (that FairX is built on the Stellar platform), but yes, each IBM region has a set GBS branch that acts as consultants for clients in blockchain enterprise applications. So every client that follows through and becomes a part of this, going through IBM, is operating on a platform running on Stellar. The North American branch has over 500 clients currently, obviously some small fries that aren't anything to hoop and holler about, but also include companies like American Airlines (largest airline in the world) and Honda.

>tfw only 37k XLM

Will i make it, Mr. Dowling/McCaleb?

advice for those quads, dump REQ and ADA for spacebux, keep your LINK, who knows.

wew, checked. I think that's fine. I understand that ADA has a promising future but I'm not bought into it because... ehhh. If you had anything less shitty, I would say to sell for more XLM, but I see REQ and LINK weathering the storm pretty well.

We can't imply there's any limit right now to the potential upper bounds of crypto market cap as a whole, or per coin. People like to base it off of BTC's market cap which will only serve to JUST them in the end, especially with people passing up high supply coins based on their muh market cap arguments.

Ouch. Could be worse though, I would consider anything under a dollar right now to be relatively decent.

>only 37k XLM
>only
What's it like knowing you're going to beat Elon Musk to Mars?

It's a painful hold but I'm all in on XLM because I'm a poorfag

>tfw 2k stack
>should have sold at $1 and bought the dip
>didn't do so because I was an idiot

For what it's worth, the January slump came a lot quicker and a lot harder than a lot of us were expecting, especially after everything mooned its ass off in December. If I were smart, I would've sold the top too, but I didn't want to risk it breaking resistances and taking off without me. But all this sideways momentum is a plus in my eyes because with things lined up, there's no way that it breaks this trend to go back down, especially with all the news coming up. There's a reason the roadmap is coming out tomorrow and it's been priced in at ~$0.50 for a while instead of bleeding out consistently. It's in its accumulation sweet spot right now.

TLDR.
Sorry OP I'm a simple person, let me check official rating on your coin.
>C
sorry.

At 1.3k xlm it feels like I'm missing out for not going all in, but you're right about REQ and LINK. ADA has also given me some decent gains. I guess I won't be getting a lambo this round, but thanks for the advice m8. Best of luck.

oy vey

Wew first quads now doubles.

Lets make it triples

>boomer ratings
>gives 75% a C
"I don't know a goshdurn thing about this internet funny money!!"

I mean, provided you're sitting on those for now and don't plan on investing in again with more fiat. You could keep a side stack to play around with moon missions or, if you're ballsy, try and short XLM if there's enough room in between pumps on their roadmap. But XLM at this point is a pretty safe bet, the price trajectory and implementation time span is the only question.

I'm going to stop posting my offer letter as "proof" of who I am, and will resort to using this trip in future XLM threads so I hope enough lumenauts take note so they can vouch for me if/when the time comes.

Should I FOMO in on XLM now before they release roadmap tomorrow?

Anything under 60 cents is a deal. I added 3 eth worth to mystack at .70 cents so my gains have been eaten up by that. Happy to stop bag holding when it crosses over that.