Can someone explain how property investing is a good idea? With real numbers

I see a lot of faggots posting about how they're gonna invest in property after crypto.

I'm pretty sure its a meme, but if it isn't can someone post actual numbers with actual % yields showing that this can actually generate returns that are significantly better than even stocks?

Other urls found in this thread:

globalpropertyguide.com/
globalpropertyguide.com/investment-rating
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>population keeps increasing
>Area of livable land on earth decreasing

do the math

you can produce many things on this Earth, but one of things you cannot produce is Land.

its the safeist and one of the best ways of makeing passive income

Okay, but realistically how much does this factor into actual yield? I understand if its some long term investment for future generations, but the majority of Veeky Forums isn't thinking about that.

Rental yield is under 3%.
What about the yearly yields of house prices? What about when you factor in the % you have to pay to a realtor when you have to sell the house?

Do people even consider all of this when they repeat the invest in property meme?

For all the risk and work, does it even yield better than the stock market?

I considered it with some of my crypto gains, but when I did the math the taxes and upkeep are more than the appreciation in most cases.

German fag here.
Milan looks hot af

>what is china doing in the south sea

>Rental yield is under 3%.
Maybe when jews own your properties.
P.S. Renting a house you're already renting from jews isn't how you make money in real estate.

Yup, I can. Some of those posts might have been by me. I'm working on a site for crypto people to look at real estate.

First off, forget retail. No houses or flipping or dry wall fuck that.

Alright, now you should be looking at commercial real estate. Say you have 1MM$ you've made off crypto. Makes it an easy round number. Now you find a property, ideally a single tenant. Aka you buy a gas station or you can buy an multi family apartment complex. Very similar to picking the right crypto it depends on what you're looking for. Now you can either buy a 1MM property in cash or you can use your 1MM as 20% down on a 5MM property. So you buy the 5MM properly which a building that Arbys has signed a 20 year lease with.(making up this example). So now you've turned a speculative 1MM into a passive 195k$ a year because they have to pay you rent.
So you sit on it for a few years. Now here's where it gets nuts. You can either keep it and take the 195k passive and slowly pay of the small interest rate. Or now you can sell it make your original back + the appreciation. Now you've made 5MM + whatever you made off rent.

Now the process repeats and you put the legitimate 5MM down as 20% of an even bigger property.

Here's a shamless plug. I'm not the best at frontend and I'm working on it giving a flash when you click signup. I'm more a backend dev anyways. But a buddy who's a broker and I have been working on this. If you're actually interested drop your email and he can explain way more about the numbers. We have a lot of listings and are working on getting them up now.

>crenvy.com

Property is a store of value (unless niggers ruin the neighbourhood).

I'm not gonna click the link, but 20% yield sounds ridiculously high to me. From the sites I've read, it seems that the most you can make from rent is around 6% at the highest end.

I mean who's gonna rent a house worth 1MM for 195k, that sounds borderline retarded.

And what about all the maintenence costs, taxes etc that you have to pay? How do those factor in?

It isn't worth it OP.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about london, I'm sure the yield prices might be significantly different in the US. Im curious to hear your thoughts, just trying to learn.

I think I explained it poorly. You're putting the 1MM down as 20% for a 5MM property.

It's not a house. It can be an office building or fast food chain. You're making that money because they are a certain revenue each year and have a lease signed to that building that you just bought.

There are no maintenance costs. The fast food chain, office, gas station has to legally do that themselves you're just making the passive rent.

It's the same idea. Real estate doesn't really have a concept of where you're from. You can be from America and buy property in London or from Canada and buy property in Mexico. Sellers only want their cash and a valid LLC.

my parents want to buy an apartment to rent out. Is this a bad idea? In Los Angeles

Let them, it isn't your money.

holy shit the Primitive Technology guys builds better shit shacks than that one.

Dude how can I learn about this shit? I'm an ausfag. I just thought I'd buy a bunch of apartments and rent them out but this sounds like a better idea.

Word. Thanks for the help, I'll look into this some more.

well the actual yield at least in Germany after all costs is around 3-5%.

you might get more with stocks but which bank is going to lend you 300k to invest in stocks? That's the advantage of properties, they are pretty safe which is why the bank gives you that much money in the first place. and you'll be making 3-5% at a much higher level compared to the 100 bucks you put in stocks.

>Dad builds family house for 6.8 mil
>Gets it appraised 10 years later
>5.9 mil
>Beach house increased with a 100k in 5 years

Honestly man it looks like a gamble

You have to be retarded? R-right?

Also, if you’re strategic about buying undeveloped land you can 100x your investment when a developer needs your plot to put up their resort or cookie cutter housing project.

I own a property that I rent out to a brewery. They rent it out to someone willing to work in the pub.

Basically I get 12 years of €1.2k each month from said brewery while my loan comes out as €800/month. I have to pay for repairs for the building but plusside is when the pubowner quits the brewery still has to pay rent each month.

I am trying to get a big passive income this way. Planning to buy my second property in 5 years and keep building up from there.

Depends largely where you buy the property and what the tax rates are there.
Good compilation to research globalpropertyguide.com/

Screen from site: globalpropertyguide.com/investment-rating

If you're looking to get into house flipping, just keep in mind that you may end up not being able to sell the property for a variety of reasons out of your control. You may end up having to become a landlord, which is a pain in the arse.

Yeah man it's actually pretty wild. Commercial is where it is at. I think it is over looked a lot because real estate is always thought of as homes and maybe apartments + scammy salespeople.

I suggest reading and researching the most you can. Very easy way to get passive money.

Interested in your website user, thanks for plugging it.

>its the safeist and one of the best ways of makeing passive income
what retards started the "rental property is passive income" meme? it's not even that profitable right now because so many morons are trying it. fucking poorfag logic

You can't rely on that. You're forgetting something called carrying capacity.

I'd make more profit putting it all into crypto for sure, but the whole point of doing this is to diversify income. You know, not putting all your eggs in one basket?

i understand that. it's just i think a lot of people don't realize how much work it is and the rental market (at least in the US) is highly saturated right now.

yo you talking about 19% return in america for 1 million.. get real. i just closed on a 2.25 had to put 1 MM down as banks are getting tougher on loans . 45% DP bringing 7% cash on return after taxes. this is the best you can expect from the US market. maybe 13% if you are renting out a warehouse for Weed growers (GL Fed government can seize the asset). in differnt countires there are higher returns i also own items in Mexico 1MM can yield 20% ROI however its hard to sell once you want to sell.

i mean you could just hire property management people once you have enough real estate to warrant that, then you can do literally nothing and still make money

slow down there buck a roo. DYOR before you buy. im in the La market. the answer is yes, its a good idea however make sure have solid contracts with the tennants and have them put down a good amount of money for deposit like a month and a half worth

You're definitely right. It's the same in the UK, but it tailed off a fair bit after 2008 when a lot of them went bankrupt.
It's not as easy as people think at all, but no one will actually listen when you tell them this.

Yeah i just buy condos before they are built, and sell them when they are

its like getting into an ICO earlyl. It goes up as much as 100% in some properties even more when you decorate it

Yeah I was using an example. And if you use a firm with their financing you can get away without putting much down.

In 2010 I bought my place in the valley on the west coast of the US for $195k. I've paid it down a bit and it is now worth around $330k with summer buyers.

also requires a lot of dosh. down payment is usually a lot more then for rental properties.

Sure thing, hopefully we can get more up soon. Mainly trying to get all the server side/database stuff up and running.

in the future people will be divided mostly into two groups (tenants and landlords)

>carrying capacity.

Doesn't quite apply to humans as it does other species.

>Haves and have nots

so for real estate films and investors keep buying old homes and demolish them to rebuild apartments renting out to poorfags and wagecucks just for meme but not profit huh? kys pls

Whats the whole process like? My parents said they would mortgage a unit out. Then use the monthly rent to pay for the payment and pocket some leftover. Not sure if thats smart?

Land is profitable, but renting homes or apartments is a crapshoot. If you out right own the unit (no mortgage) then it's profitable as long as your tenants aren't niggers that will skip rent and destroy shit. If you are paying off the mortgage still, then a plumbing problem or some kind of damage that isn't the tenants fault could make you lose money. Even if it is their fault, it can take months to get the money, same if they skip rent. Laws in America give the renter a lot of power. They can stay in the rental property after skipping rent until they are forced out by a judge's order, which could take months. If you change the locks they can legally break in, and if you throw their shit our before the order, they can sue for damages.

Flipping houses is a lot of work, not just a side job. I have buddies that tried to be HGTV wannabe's and try to flip a house. It ended up taking them like three months spending every day off working on it and then only making around $5000 total from the whole ordeal after niggers stole the copper pipes, wires and other shit.

Is Grant Cardone a good source for advice on investing in real estate?

Just get some REITs. It's property without all the hassles.

Also don't you think retail would continue going down because of online shopping?

How do you know it was black people you racist fuck?

Digging the idea. I'd create the wireframe and mockup if you'd hire me but at the moment I'm pretty busy myself.

Only brainlets consider property an asset.

Income properties are rarely worth the trouble. Profit margins are thin and SJW laws favouring degenerate tenants have fucked everything up

>all this explaining
>when it's literally just Leverage

location location location ;3

These are rough numbers from a deal I made post crash (2013)

Price 60,000
Down payment 12,000
Mortgage payment (30 yr fixed) 450
Average rent 1200
RoI 10 months

This does not include the equity calculations which can make you more assuming a well timed buy

Be careful of demographics where they buy. Spics and niggers will destroy your entire complex. You have a double-whammy of dealing with the absolute worst spics and niggers in the country, too; liberals that hate white people and think that you always "owe" them something. They treat everything you give them like shit.

Make absolutely sure they don't waste money on a "nice" building, because it won't stay "nice" for more than a few months before it's stolen, or just destroyed by some nigger to "fuck whitey." (They'll then demand white folk pay to fix it every time.) And make double sure whatever insurance you buy covers acts of niggidry becase you're going to be filing claims almost weekly.

There is very good money on Section Ape housing, but you have to think like a slum lord. Because that's what you'll be in a year.

Agreed, space fairing civilization when?

i do the same thing, but you forgot to mention that renting out professional property has a much higher tax rate (almost 50%) then regular housing market (about 2monts rent)

In my experience immigrants tend to be the best tenants. It's low income whitey that thinks they are entitled to everything.

>$39,000 house
I don't even want to imagine what that shitbox looks like.

I have a home I might rent or sell soon. Not sure which.

this
china and japan literally create tiny islands

I've been reading that until the mortgage is paid off, your profit pretty much goes back to taxes, upkeep, unforeseen events. That doesn't include a tenant that wrecks the place or stops paying.

I ironically say niggers to mean any shitty person.

Can you elaborate on those reasons a property can't be sold? I buy and flip run down houses and I haven't encountered this problem.

I found some buy to rent properties in the UK with up to 7% yield.

For 7% + (Real estate exposure on the value of the property) I think its totally worth the risk of the housing bubble maybe crashing.

I swear land is always a good investment. If all of your other stuff goes to shit, at least you'll have somewhere to live.

It depends on the deal, you can structure it to be a cash flow deal ($ every month but never progress on the mortgage) or an equity deal (no monthly $ but pay off the mortgage fast). Equity deals are more popular when the rates are higher

It's not if you're going to be living in the property yourself and paying mortgage on it.

It is if you don't need to live there and can lease it out and use the rent you receive to pay off mortgage.

Absolutely is if you can afford to buy to let without anymortgage as you'll have passive income to go with the equity of the home's value - my plan for cashing out basically is to start buying up city apartments to rent out. Luckily I live in Scotland which hasn't yet been diversified much so don't have to worry about any neighbourhood I buy in getting turned into some corner of Africa, Mexico or India inside a year or two.

I bought 4 apartments for 70k€/pc 2 years ago. Now they are selling for 90k€/pc in the same building. In the meanwhile I make 2k€/mo renting them.
Also built a house that I live in and I intend to sell it in 15-20 years for 500k€.

No bank would ever, ever give you a loan-to-value ratio like that. They would charge you extortionate interest for a 60% LTV. Plus you couldn't draw down a loan like that unless you already had income to match the repayments.

Banker here. This guy actually knows what hes talking about.

Property can very easily be unprofitable. If u buy, jjst save ur money for a bigger dp and wait for market to go down.

Nope. I actually did this. Tenant rights is fucked. Screen ur tenants likr ur marrying them. No nigs or spics is only the basics.

Being a landlord in los angeles is generally fucked.

Are you referencing buying a place, such as an apartment building? What do you think of renting out single family homes?

Back to raddit with you. What kind of dumb virtue signalling shit is this

>Now you've made 5MM + whatever you made off rent.
Uh what? You can only make back the 1kk + the appreciation + rent. You can't sell it for the full 5MM if you only paid 1MM, I mean you can but you still owe the bank 4MM. Am I missing something?

Right, that's correct you'd have to payback whatever you still have left on the loan. You can either commit all your NOI to paying it back or just enough to cover the interest.

You'd sell it for the 5MM+. Then payback whatever was left on the original loan. Pocket the rest and roll it into a new property.

Wew lad you're in the wrong place

you never heard of rent payment to cover mortgage? or you are too dumb not doing any background check before accepting nigger tenants

Commercial is crazy good as long as business isn't in a downturn.
Higher barrier to entry but if you can cover costs, well worth it.
In Australia at least you're not responsible for any utilities or repairs for tenants unlike residential.

Shopping Centres in Melbourne suburbs charge like 6k a month for small shop space. Large restaurants pay 20k or so.
Obviously they charge a premium because they have the foot traffic but if you have a decent location you can make bank.

just pay property management to deal with tenants, they usually charge ~10% of rent but it is well worth it (make sure you pay eviction insurance in case of dealing nig not paying rent)

Yeah if you're doing something that needs property management then that's the must painless way to go about it.

Also realized I said "forget retail" when I meant "forget residential".

Wait till the next housing bubble bursts. Be patient. Buy property and have a property manager take care of everything. You pay commission.

Your land appreciates in value. You are not limited by geography because you have a local manager. You don't gain as quickly but you still make passive income.

When you see the next sellers market taking off you plan your exit and book profits.

I want to make money. I filter through the shit here looking for info and I don't care if the idea is expressed roughly if it makes or saves money.

I don't give a shit if a good idea comes from a racist, I'mma use it.