Does anyone here work corporate and actually like it?

Does anyone here work corporate and actually like it?

I've done a lot of work involving getting dirty, blue collar jobs, and driving. They all fucking suck and now I'm back in school for that corporate life.

No corporate life is soul crushing and mind numbingly boring. If I didn’t have the weekend to look forward to I’d fucking kill myself right now.

I'm a consulting IT architect. It's corporate. Lots of paper trails. Days all blend in together.

Good pay, I work around 9:30am-4pm most of the time. Lots of long lunches with occasional beer. Earning over 100k a year.

It's decent, but remember that the problems of today will disappear quickly in the near future.
Also always keep paper trails, do everything inside process, get everything in writing. When people come looking for blood you can deflect them. Never take any risk on yourself, make other people do those calls.

also in corporate (as an engineer for a supposedly "fun" and "passionate-cultured" company)

it sucks everywhere

corporate IT is cool if you know what you doing

>Lauren "I'll tickle your bellend if it's full of melanin" Southern?
>Lauren "56% white is 100% right" Southern
>Lauren "I won't take your bone if your name is Tyrone" Southern
>Lauren "Pretend I'm alt-right but fuck niggers at night" Southern
>Lauren "Hitler was wrong, and I like black dong" Southern
>Lauren "Fleecing the NEETS while fucking Pajeets" Southern
>Lauren "I've had more black Dicks in me than a Harlem phone book" Southern
>Lauren "white ethnostate, black cum on my face" Southern
>Tyrone "Beta orbiters watch me score with her" Jackson
>Lauren "controlled opposition? my favorite position!" Southern
>Lauren "More niggers in me than a welfare line" Southern
>Lauren "You keep your Lambos, I'd rather ride Sambos" Southern
>Lauren "Flush my genes down the drain with this dude from Bahrain" Southern
>Lauren "Bootyshorts invite all sorts" Southern
>Lauren "At least he wasn't muslim" Southern

================
>Lauren "My sister is hotter, can't let jamal spot her" Southern
================

>Lauren "mohammed's third trad wife Southern
>Lauren "Put it in my butt, Amerimutt" Southern

>Blue collar work
>Driving
>Sucks

Blue collar work is fun, and in a lot of cases, pays just as well if not better than white collar. Office culture is what sucks.

Eh, I make 52k wagecucking a corporate job. I don't do that much work honestly, so it's pretty /comfy/.

screencapped

damn it this is not what i wanted to hear

I do civil/structural consulting. Things can get very political and people will do almost anything to preserve their reputation.

>"Hey user why didn't you do X?"
>"I e-mailed you about X 2 weeks ago and you never did it"
>said e-mail never existed
>she said this in front of a manager and department head
Fucking bitch cunt throwing me under the bus for something I didn't even know existed.

Corporate life can be soul-crushing, especially when they take a creative role and try to turn it into a blue-collar manufacturing process with the entire management-chain pushing down on you.

The grass is brown on all sides bud.

retail corporate
lots of travel to stores, great bonuses, office time can be minimal

still hate it. the people are god awful and the mindset is soul-sucking

one thing i miss about corporate are all the wagecucking sluts

It amazes me that you are copypastaing my post from yesterday. Good job user, keep up the good work

Solid post. Thanks user

>Also always keep paper trails, do everything inside process, get everything in writing. When people come looking for blood you can deflect them. Never take any risk on yourself, make other people do those calls.

Fucking this. I'm a biochemist working in the food industry. I have more education and technical skills than both of my manager combined. But because of my position in the company, I have to explain in crayon why I need basic lab supplies and PPE. To add to the above advice, find a way to contribute unique value that is hard to replace. Companies rarely value their employees these day. Protect yourself.

I work IT for the government and love it. Super chill, decent money, and amazing benefits.

It amazes me that you are copypastaing my post from yesterday. Good job user, keep up the good work

I'm a business analyst at a bank (basically middleman between IT and AML), I do maybe 10 hours of actual work a week (SQL & Excel)

>30 employee company and been working there for almost three years
>pitched myself for a title change from analyst to senior analyst
>over one week, boss interviews two employees on the idea, still no reply

What in the ever living fuck is with these formerly corporate boss types? I don't even want a raise just give me a title change so I can show growth on my resume. God damn boomers

Nice larp

>be a technologist with a marketable skillset (machine learning, dApp development, good front end skills, whatever is hot where you're at)
>welcome to the meritocracy
>just get hired and fucking throw yourself at learning the latest, best shit on the job, if you get fired, whatever, you still learned, next time you will keep a job longer
>if you don't like the company, fuck it, you're an at will employee, the job market is strong, so bounce
>be friends with all the good developers, all the non asshole managers, get each other jobs so you always work with good people
>avoid careerists, they are all two faced and will shit on you
>take initiative - upper management only respects strength, so get CTO-senpai to notice you and he will help you out big time. Don't kiss ass, just be good at what you do and think of a way you can tie what you want to do into the plans that upper management is doing

Man why are people so awful?

That's not LS.

why do you think i highlighted the sister line you dumb fuck

I'm half in half out of the white collar world. I design, sell, and program building automation and integration systems. I'm basically in someone's office if no mine every day also on roofs, basements and mechanical rooms. Funny thing is most of the office crowds look down on me when I roll around their buildings and I just laugh inside since I pulled down $500k from wagecucking. It's not boring at all, there is a huge demand for people in my field, and I pretty much get free reign to do whatever I want in other people's buildings and networks.

Fuck school man. I took an A+ test like 4 years ago and never renewed. Just left $20/hr for a $30/hr offer. Less than $400 for the two-part test. Granted I've been earning new experience those 4 years, but I started at $15. You won't owe anyone a dime and it feels great.

Anyway. Corporate life is great. It has its gripes, but they're never worse than dealing with the general population at McDonalds, retail, etc... that and the pay totally makes it worth it.

>Self employed work from home masterrace checking in on the corporate slaves chatting

it's like the neet life, except with money. you're all lemmings haha.

I worked at Target up until a week ago if that counts

now i have no job except hoping my ethereum keeps going up

I work blue collar in the oil field. Pays great and I get the added bonus of pissing off lefties for destroying muh planet

I work in sell-side tock research. It's pretty soul crushing in how bullshit it is, but it pays well (6 figs out of college) and has decent hours. Most plebs would kill for pay/work ratio like this. Trying to switch into buy-side right now.

Pros:
>Pays better
>Don't have to deal with "those customers" as often
>Set schedule - I always get Saturday and Sunday, as well as holidays, as well as 1 Monday a month off + PTO + Sick Days
>Salaried, so if I miss a day I don't lose $xxx off my paycheck
>AC is never broke, if Internet is down i get free PTO
>Can work from home during major weather events

Cons:
>Sit in office all day, don't get to go outside outside of my 3 breaks a day
>Interact with basically the same people daily - annoying habits of others grate even harder when there's no customers to grate you
>Easy to get fat/develop health problems in office job (GET UP EVERY 30 MINUTES!! YOUR BACK WILL THANK YOU AHHAHHHHH)
>Occasionally feel twang of "Oh shit, do I really belong here? Did I just sneak in? If I get fired I'll never find another job"

As stupid as it is, I find myself fantasizing about working at a copy-shop (kinkos) again. It was very easy, mentally. I could smoke weed all day if I wanted. If I got fired, I could get the same pay down the road at Cub Foods.

Would I go back? No, I like my $1500 a month apartment much more than my $500 a month apartment.

jesus if I went corporate and only made 52k a year I would seriously kms.

it's boring as fuck and every little annoying thing your co workers do is amplified x1000 cause you have to put up with it daily.

I do this but I'm in industrial automation. PLCs and HMIs. How much are you pulling in?

>Turn them into Nazis Lauren... Do it for me Lauren... Please? We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children Lauren.

>Y-yes sis...

I'm paraphrasing but the best quote I've heard about corporate life is that to really make it you don't need to be smart, hard-working, sociable or cunning, you just need a masterful ability to withstand boredom.

I'm 35 and work at a private equity firm (~$70B assets under management) doing back office corporate finance work. It's boring as fuck. Pays the bills though and usually pretty chill as in not much to do most days. I'm waiting for my crypto bags to moon this year so I can get the fuck out and retire.

i work blue collar and make 100k a year. easy af. everything i do becomes boring though. feels good fucking with apprentices and then watching them grow in to good tradesmen

some days in winter i wish i was in a nice warm office, but you meet some cool dudes out on site

my wife works in an office and it sounds like people just gossip about each other and dont really do any work

pretty much

also your wifes probably fucking some dude from the office during christmas parties or work """conferences"""

wouldn't care if she was, i've got women lining up for me