Any other office employees deal with office politics?

I do not like the environment at all plus I'm poorly paid. Why can't they just leave me alone and let me do my job?

Issues so far:
> Gay nigger on my office team acts like a freak.
> I avoid him.
> He cusses at me for avoiding him.
> He only gets a slap on the wrist and supervisor says there are two sides to a story even after the nigger admitted it.
> All solutions she provides are to move on or more work on my end than the nigger that end with me getting along with him somehow as I eventually found out
> Months pass, he continues to try offering me food and stuff (I don't accept, I don't trust him) she wants me to be more friendly to him.
> WTF why she keep siding with him!?
> Fairly sure she is trying to manipulate me as she seems to treat me in a flirtatious manner compared to the rest of my coworkers.

> Fat single mom with big tits
> Gets along with me
> Begins talking shit on others every now and then (suspicious that she might be doing the same about me behind my back)
> Eventually complains about a superior who likes me but hates her
> Oh shit
> Coworker catches us talking about the lady in question, luckily in a moment when I was simply stating what I was ordered to do

I mean come on what the flying fuck. They want me to be politcally correct and to get along with a douche. Anyone else deal with this kinda work environment?

You need to suck his dick.

Are you autistic?

It amazes me that you are copypastaing my post from yesterday. Good job user, keep up the good work

You're at fucking work. Be professional, and be nice within the bounds of professionalism. Getting along with coworkers is part of what you are paid to do. If the environment is that shitty, find a new jerb.

This. In high school or college, it’s acceptable. But sometimes you just have to fake being nice to people or you’ll get fired.

Nice blog post OP 1/10

Look for another job and sue current company.

>sue current company
This, frivolous lawsuits are through the roof and lawyers are hungry for workplace cases

That’s what’s awful about working in offices. If people would just shit up and do their jobs, I could replace the 30% of my time dealing with their shitty personalities with trading crypto.

Several of them have seen me look at charts throughout the day and have asked me how to get into crypto. I blow them off two or three times and if they persist, I give them horrible advice. They never ask again.

As a boss, you should indeed expect your employees to work together towards the organization goals. But acting like your company is a happy kindergarten where everyone hold hands and sing Kumbaya on coffee breaks is out of your reach; you can't force people who don't get along together for whatever reason to become best friends or "act friendly". This in many times will end up in one of your employees to actually quit their job and leave your business unhappy - and an unhappy ex-worker can be as bad as an unhappy customer, maybe even worse.

@OP: I work in two jobs. I used to have some troubles with a coworker in one of them in the past, but things were settled simply by showing such coworker that I can stand my own ground. He was that kind of employee who can't tell if he's an employee or the CEO; thinks everyone has to obey him, power hungry and whatnot. He was surprised one day when he decided to try to tell me how to do my own work, and was surprised when I, the quiet kinda weird guy, stood up against him. He held a grudge, and all I did (and still do just for safety) was stand my ground - do my job as I (and my superiors) saw fit and not giving in to his tricks.

(1/2)

I work in the super sensitive, hyper PC tech startup industry. 8 hours a day of forced smiles and putting on the "everyone's a buddy!" act, or else you're going to get written up and sent to a Diversity & Inclusion training.
It's a dystopian nightmare but at least the pay is decent.

OP avoids his colleague because he’s a “gay nigger”. You think that’s okay?

(2/2)
The second situation is currently ongoing. I work at this other company where the boss is one of those "modern entrepreneurs" - you know the kind. Instagram normie, open office concept, likes to say he's modern and progress-oriented but won't let me do my job as I see fit. I like working quietly and, when possible (and it is, most times), from home - he doesn't understand that. Now enough of the lack of green text...

>first week of the year
>went to his office to get my paycheck, he said wanted to give me some advice
>he starts talking how being an introvert is limiting, how Zuckerberg was an introvert who became an extrovert and is now a billionaire and I should be more like him, how it is important to have an active office life and be physically present at the company every day even if I don't have a single thing to do
>I don't really say nothing at the moment, but continue to do things my own way
>he starts dropping a few hints here and there that I should be more loud, extroverted and outgoing
>I'm still ignoring them
>...and still am one of the *very* few on my department that gets things done properly and on time

Why do normies have this need to compare theirselves to Zuckerberg or Elon Musk or whatever the media is forcing right now? It's weird how being "different" is so talked about these days, but when you're /actually/ different, that's bad.

Woah that coworker has behavior similiar to the gay nigger. Heard others on the same office team complaining about how he tries to pawnoff his work on them or telling them how to do their work. Funnily enough when my supervisor was trying to get details she ended up mentioming micromanaging. Stange why would she say he does that if I hadn't mentioned much. Makes me think she knows he's got issues but refuses to stand up to him. Suspecting he has some sort of black mail on her. Then again it seems she sided with him simply because a coworker once didn't say hi to her and feels for the black guy cause of that, lmao thats not an excuse for a coworker t cuss me out. Using logic like that I shold be able to cuss him out simply because I don't want him talking to me. Lmao that coworker does not owe her a greeting. Funnily enough I get along quite well with this coworker she had "issues" with.

Yes, if it's his choice to do so. He also must embrace all possibilities that implies - indeed the guy could be just an useless Instagram normie, or could also be a potential business partner and both could create a new huge company.

As I said, quit thinking that the world is a kindergarten. Let people chose who they want to be friends with. If they're acting solely on so-called 'prejudice', they'll potentially be the losers.

copy pasta?

This shits annoying. If I told you about my work environment it’s way more interesting than this shit. This literally sounds like hell, if that’s what you are trying to convey

>calls someone a gay nigger
idk maybe your garbage poltard personality shines through

Hmm so the gay guy dropping a sexual word into convo when I barely met him aint suspicious at all. Heres more details on him besides what I've stated so far.

> Tries to get others to do his work for him
> Acts as if he is leader of the office team, he's not
> Has scolded me for not knowing some things when I was new
> Gets angry when people dont do things the way he wants them to, such as how he talked shit about other employees a couple of times at the front desk
> Extreme brown nosing its very obvious along with the fake laugh
> Complains to supervisor often but tries to act like its just a suggestion and he doesn't know if thats the way things are done (aka work that other higher paid employees do). Basically complaining and feigning ignorance to attempt getting away with not coming off as a complainer when he's the one given work and doesn't like how its being handled even though he is the assistant.
> Acts friendly/nervous to peoples faces or timid who he has complained about.
> Eats a lot at his cubicle and chews with his mouth open. I can hear it.
> He whispers/mutters a lot by himself. I can hear him.

Need more info?

Where do you people work?
I'm asking because I had trouble finding an office job for months despite genuinely being committed to working extremely hard and working well even with the kinds of tricky office environments you're describing, not to mention having a math degree from an ivy league school with good GPA. But I didn't get interviews and eventually gave up and decided to take my money from crypto, plenty of it cashed out, and go teach abroad instead.
The one office I did work before that was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, every single day. It was a nightmare in its own respect because I finished working and had to stay there, unsupervised and unable to get more work until our company's clients responded to me, for hours almost every day.

Where do you find these lively office "normie" jobs???

Just say that we had a black President so that means racism is over now.

Just beat him up OP. Everyone will respect you after that and nobody will dare fuck with you again.

It's not very hard. I work for two small but moderately succesful companies in my town, but I think every place is getting like that; big companies try to be "different" and "wow so new", and smaller business mirror whatever they're doing - not questioning if it's actually good. I believe as a math major your coworkers may have a slightly higher than average IQ, so it's harder to find these normie-nesses

It's too late for me now since I've already committed to at least a year of teaching abroad but maybe some day after that. I think my problem might have been I was applying for the biggest, most well-known companies in actuarial and data analyst positions and being disappointed when that meant the office was a dead silent insurance firm with a bunch of 50 year olds who do math all day unsupervised (no boss, just an absent manager who mails out projects) and then go home. Thanks though, I will keep what you've said in mind and try again some day.

Yeah well, when you spend most of your time doing actual work like calculating stuff, doing R or SAS (I believe?) and surrounded by people from older generations - before social media - it's far more to see such drama happening. In my case, I'm surrounded by digital marketeers, so...

>it's far more *hard*
Autofixed.

Digital marketing. I'll keep that in mind. It sounds weird but I'd prefer that and a little drama I think, even if it's terrible stuff in the OP. The opposite is mind-numbing.

Perhaps you're better suited for reddit, A "gay nigger" is describing that he's a homosexual person of mixed African and European origin, likely living in the United States, who probably uses his double "minority" status to his advantage and slacks off work.

Nigger does not = blacks.
Gay is just a description since said nigger wants to disclose his sexuality.

Dude is probably pc considering he seems to ignore the argument and just locks in on unpolitically correct stuff. I can use nigger in an offensive and non offensive way. Obviously it is supposed to be offensive in this case. The guy is black but I'm too lazy to type black guy rather than nigger. Either way I'm sure other cowokers find him annoying as they make fun of him. A former coworker would even make fun of him about being gay to which the gay nigger didn't respond with a "I'm not gay" Dude is one of thos flamboyant homos. Plus he's shorter than the average black heck he's shorter than all the asians at work.

I work for a university big enough to have a "corporate office". Office jobs aren't easy to get as they retardedly expect you to show up on their door with a specific skillset that only that corporation would train for. Generally, if you want to get a white-collar office job, you need to slip your resume past the bullshit HR detectors. HR gets 100 resumes a day and are looking for reasons to throw out 95 of them. This includes: Living too far away, having too little education, having too much education, having no experience, having too much experience, etc. Thing is -- after reading 1,000 resumes a day, HR gets bored, so if you include something that makes them want to see "what this guy looks like." then you have a much higher chance of getting the interview. Including a goofy email as your contact email, for example, can get you the interview when everyone screams "YOU NEED A PROFESSIONAL EMAIL. FIRST. LAST. AT. DOMAIN." Fuck that. I want to see what kind of person puts "[email protected]" on his resume and shake his fucking hand.
Another tip: Before you submit your resume online, show up at the office and submit it in person, as if they're going to interview you on the spot. It's easy for them to say "I'm sorry, but our hiring is all online now", but you can at least get a word in edgewise and say "Well, I came all this way, can I at least talk to the department head in charge of hiring this position?" -- meanwhile it takes 0 effort to delete your resume from the internet queue.
Note that these 2 tips would be applied at different places. One gets them to call you up just to meet you (and subsequently gets you an interview), the other is a more foot-in-the-door approach that many businesses will appreciate.

While you are correct, in large organisations just being these things at times wont save you from other peoples politics or if they just dont like you.
Knowing the game at times is a good thing.