Except for the MTGOX scandal, every time bitcoin seems like it's going down it just shoots right back up and 3x-5x's

Except for the MTGOX scandal, every time bitcoin seems like it's going down it just shoots right back up and 3x-5x's.

Why should this time be any different?

WHY?

No exchange handles +80% of the Bitcoins volume anymore.

because while the market cap is still low compared to stocks and other normie investments, we might have reached crypto market's maximum saturation anyways and it's possible that there won't be more new investors coming as during the normie boom we had a crash (late december/january) where lots of people got burned and will never touch crypto again (not to mention taxations and regulations making it harder and harder to get in)

because everyone who wanted to buy already has. literally everyone has heard of bitcoin by now.

Well there is still africa and south america they might buy?

None of that is true. Exchanges have still put new customers on hold and literally all of them have a massive backlog of people waiting to get access to buy.
And just because you have heard of it doesn't mean you have bought it. We're probably only at 10-20% of what what will eventually be total crypto investor numbers.

>Except for the MTGOX scandal, every time bitcoin seems like it's going up it just shoots right down up and 3x-5x's.
>Why should this time be any different?
>WHY?

this is the most short sighted thing i've read in a long time

>where lots of people got burned and will never touch crypto again
LOL
yeah right
people see how much it's grown over the years, people aren't going to throw this away

you mean, below 1% of the world population is everyone? yeah sounds about right.
And instituttionals are not even in yet, GS is just setting up its trading desk, hedge funds are still shy for compliance reasons, there is still a lot of money to go in. we'll see a fiat flippening at some point. Until then, ride it out

but this isn't even true lol

>Until then, ride it out
Until when though?
This month is taking forever.

well, it's one or the other and obviously I'm hoping for the best
but I guess people who think it will be different this time consider the pessimistic option as more probably right now

We just entered bear market, USD markets are down -40% for a too long time, korean markets are even down 55% from the top. If you don't believe me, compare this "recovery" to the recovery in september or in july.

>you mean, below 1% of the world population is everyone?
Everyone with money has heard of it already. You know, the people that count.

>And instituttionals are not even in yet
They're called institutions.

>GS is just setting up its trading desk
No they're not. They said they would clear futures for clients, not set up a trading desk.

I can't tell if you're 14 or retarded, probably both.

a month is nothing, bitcoin didn't go from 0 to 20k in a single month... fucking kids

>We just entered bear market
t. brainlet
these "bear markets" don't seem to last more than a month in crypto

>this "recovery"
We haven't recovered yet.

It works until it doesnt

Goldman is not setting up a "trading desk" they are going to be clearing futures transactions. They have no plans to buy or sell actual coins.

People like OP are clear indicators of why this is going to crash

BTC had a 1 year bear market in 2014, where it crashed more than 80% from the top. If this happens again, we will see 3k$ BTC and you shouldn't enter the market until 2019.

I'm not sure that it's going to happen but I give it a big chance now, because korean markets are even weaker than US markets.
What I mean with "recovery" is, that if you look at the crashes in July, September or November, you would always see a big panic dip, followed by a really strong recovery with big volume in the following days.

The market will continue to bleed, until maybe we see a big dip, followed by a rally with big volume.

not an argument

>BTC had a 1 year bear market in 2014
yeah no shit,
when mtgox happened

>If this happens again
HAHAHAHAHAHA

You have no imagination, if you think only MtGox could cause a bear market.

Tax refunds incoming
Btc is lowest in 6 months

It's coming
Make shhre whatever alts you're fucking around with doesn't distract you from setting your main positions.

Summer is ganna be fucking awesome

We aren't going to see another explosion until crypto actually starts being implemented in large scale business operations.

You know, what we used to talk about before everything became superhyped with normals flooding in only wanting to make money.

Nothing lasts forever.

>Why should this time be any different?

because: google trends and transactions volume significantly decreased compared to December... there aren't enough new people buying the bags anymore.

We have entered the BITCOIN bear market. But ETH at least is holding very strong and a bunch of other alts are gonna rally soon. I think BTC is dying off for real this time.

>summer

fuck you I ain't waiting that long