How can there be such a manufacturing bottleneck for something made out of literal fucking sand?

How can there be such a manufacturing bottleneck for something made out of literal fucking sand?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q5paWn7bFg4
forbes.com/sites/jimhandy/2014/04/30/why-are-chips-so-expensive/#69c8811f79c9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

surely there must be a button somewhere to just dump more sand into the semiconductor maker machine thing. fuck sakes

>sub 100 nanometer scale electronics using extremely pure silicon, mainly sourced from sand = as easy to produce as sand

Fuck off you spoiled cunt.

the bottleneck is there because they know crypto will collapse and then they won't have unused factories sitting around

exactly dude this is what I don't get
>the machines r specialized
ok, make more machines
>but they have really fine parts
ok make more of those
>but it's manufactured in an extremely sterile environment
so is pharma, construct more

what are uhhhhhhhh switching losses

what is uhhhhh binning

Says the American who can't even supply clean water to their cites.

Yeah I'm sure the problem is lack of sand. Go give some to them

>it's too complicated so i'm just going to call you dumb or say it's too complicated without going into why
haha thanks guys

They lick the butthole and they eat the poo poo

Hmmm wafers.

>demand for chips is high right now
>we could scale up the manufacturing process, which will cost us a fucking fortune
>or we could just increase the chip price, customers will pay for it anyway

such a hard choice

This is hands down the most stupid comment I've ever seen in my 9 years visiting this piece of shit of a site

They wat pooo. Poiiioiiiiioioooiiiii

Here is my guess from a position of complete ignorance: patents.

You could probably make a shit ton of chips but either the manufacturing equipment is heavily patented or the modern chip designs are or both.

Pooioooioiiiiipiiiiiiii
Pooioooooopyyyyy
Pooioooooooopyyyyy
Pooooooooooooooooooopiiiiiiuuuuuiiiii
Nnnnnnnbbyddsxcccvghjjjnn
Haha lolol xoxxxx vinthep
Gaynbbbbbb

the first guy you quoted gave you all the information you need to know why your question is dumb, but you were too dumb to even catch that

You're a fucking idiot it must only be volcanic sand sourced from the marianas trench in hawaii you stupid fuck

Not any old sand can make photovoltaic cells, you inbred mongoloid. I don't know why you would even ask this on an uzbeki basket weaving forum, you dense cunt.

But does is have to be mined in the moonlight?

Principles of microeconomics

It's a little more complex than that, user.

NO IT'S ANY SAND. PATENTS ARE THE BARRIER TO ENTRY. OOGAH BOOGAH MUH DICK.

The replies are giving me an overwhelming sense that nobody here knows and is just hopping on the "your stupid lol" bandwagon. Thanks for the attempts at answering that go beyond "it hard" or "u dum".

Shouldn't this be on /g/?

Anyway, AMD can't risk making more GPU's than what will sell while Nvidia will make more than will sell and just avoid releasing anything until they sell.

This is what you get when buying inferior 1060's in vast quantities over the superior 480.

It takes a couple of weeks these days to get a 300mm wafer on a cutting edge process through the fab.

It takes a while for production to ramp up to higher levels; if the bubble pops then they're fucked, under utilized fab capacity is extremely costly. The companies are simply unwilling to gamble on this.

> Made of Sand

LMAO. OP is a fucking idiot. Top Kek user.

youtu.be/Q5paWn7bFg4

Forbes article: forbes.com/sites/jimhandy/2014/04/30/why-are-chips-so-expensive/#69c8811f79c9

but what if where they get the materials are out of stock, and the materials needed to make more of that material is also out of stock, and what if the excavation land where they pull the materials out of is empty.
So now that they cant extract more materials, they wont be able to sell, and since they cant sell they arnt making money and since they still are open for business they gotta pay the employees the operating costs and all that jazz but now they have little money to find more land to extract more materials. Since they had little money they were only able to purchase a small patch of land, since they arnt able to extract the same large amounts as before we now have a shortage of this material. Since we now have a shortage of this material only a few people will be able to purchase this material to be able to make their material and since only a few people are able to purchase the material and make their own well since they own the supply now and the demand has not changed they can increase the the cost of the materials and now the original company that needed the material to make your dildo wont be able to purchase that anymore because its too expensive.
>but dont worry just make more

They're probably just enjoying how expensive they are right now.

How can there be such a manufacturing bottleneck for software, which is something made out of literal fucking electrons?

>make more specialized machines that can only make one chip
>"Whoa, hey, here's a new, better chip!"
>Uhh

yeah wow I just realized that you have to replace the ENTIRE MACHINE for a lens upgrade to the lithography part

Kek unironically this artificial scarcity or planned obsolescence in the manufacturing

It's such a shame what could be a beautiful young lady turned out to be a weed smoking whore bag. Women were a mistake.