Ripple

Tfw ripple is coming to normie-hood.

Tfw ripple is coming to Coinbase.

Not wanting the next Ethereum for 1.30

You niggas talking bout turtles and shitcoins when ripple isn’t going to moon it’s going interstellar

Other urls found in this thread:

blockchain.info/pools
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(100 billion * 1 million) / (21 million * 100 million)
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(38,739,142,811 * 1,000,000) / (16,826,237 * 100,000,000)
ripple.com/build/freeze/
inverse.com/article/39957-coinbase-not-adding-ripple-any-time-soon-xrp-sees-20-percent-drop
youtube.com/watch?v=mko5Y8QUEjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shut

no one wants a centralized network, people are on ripple literally for the gains that come in from normies

get the cock out of your mouth mate

>bags are getting heavy

it's actually more decentralized than bitcoin

.Bitcoin
-One company has more than 50% of the hashpower (Bitmain)
-One oppressive country has more than 50% of hashpower (China)
-One company has a monopoly on creating efficient ASIC Bitcoin miners thanks to patents (Bitmain)
-One company can rollback the chain and bankrupt the entire ecosystem (Bitmain)

Ripple
-10s of validators run by reputable non-related public and private entities in different countries (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Telindus-Proximus Group, Bahnhof, ...)
-double spending not possible (the chain can't be rolled back)
-Consesus requires a supermajority of 80%
-Anyone can run a validator and use his own list of validators

>Centralized

ATM Ripple is more Decentralized than buttcoin

Circulating supply: 38 billion

XRP is the next DOGE

This is a mistake made by people who fail at math.
They only look at the whole coin, and not the BASE UNITS.
XRP can't be subdivided as much as BTC, which means that there is far less than you think.
Most people think 100B/21M means there are ~4700x more XRP. If you compare the base units, you'll find there are only ~47x more XRP. Not that much more.
That's also if you compare the full 100B.
If you're talking about the current circulating supply of 38B, then there are only ~18x more XRP than there are BTC.
You're welcome!

like it or not, it's going to $5.00 and it's going to Coinbase.

>Not wanting the next Ethereum for 1.30

Are you literally retarded?

I swear people are fucking brainless when they're holding.
Ripple is centralized.
So is NEO and XLM.
Might as well invest int Tether.
And this shitcoin is only going to bleed from now on. Crypto doesn't follow any logic of reasoning derived from the real world.

What evidence is there for it to appear on coinbase?

> One company has more than 50% of the hashpower (Bitmain)
fuck off with the FUD pajeet

blockchain.info/pools

>newfag pajeet doesn't know that bitmain owns and controls more than one pool

You haven't read the whitepaper, or any information on it.
It's a decentralized protocol.

dumb fuck, coinbase said last week that cRipple is not going to be added. Where are you getting your info from? post source or fuck off you dirty pajeet

>calls OP dumb
>can't understand basic English

they said they haven't made a decision to add new assets yet, they didn't say we have made a decision to not add new assets.

With Coinsquare and Robinhood adding Ripple Q1 2018 for US use, Coinbase is now under pressure.
Do you think they'll simply ignore the currently third largest (and recently second largest) crypto?
Only if they hate money.

None. Shills will be shills.

kekd
also saged

Total supply: 100,000,000,000

Each XRP is made of 1 million "drops" - this is the base unit.
Each BTC is made of 100 million "satoshis" - this is the base unit.

To see the ratio of XRP/BTC in base units, you'd perform the following calculation:

(100,000,000,000 * 1,000,000) / (21,000,000 * 100,000,000)

You can do it in plain english through Wolfram:
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(100 billion * 1 million) / (21 million * 100 million)

Result? 47.61

There are 47.61 times more XRP than BTC. Not thousands of times more like you'd get if you only compare the whole coins without considering the base units, which is mathematically incorrect.

>Ripple
>-10s of validators
>-10s

>it's actually more decentralized than bitcoin

nigger

Now, if we want to calculate the ratio based on the currently circulating supply of each coin, and not the eventual supply of each, we'd do:

(38,739,142,811 * 1,000,000) / (16,826,237 * 100,000,000)

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(38,739,142,811 * 1,000,000) / (16,826,237 * 100,000,000)

Doing this, we find there are 23 times more XRP than BTC currently.
Yep, only 23 times more. Not very much, is it?

So, how about comparing the prices?
Well, if we want to know what the price of XRP would be if it were equivalent to BTC, then we'd just divide the current price of BTC by the ratios we've just found.

So... ($11,284 BTC / 23) = $490 XRP

Uh oh!

It's ok if you can't follow the math.
Most people aren't smart enough to even understand basic stuff like this.

Keep posting these. For everyone else reading the thread and following my simple math, it makes you look terrible.

I'm open to a logical refutation if anyone can make one.

They can't

So why has it not mooned yet?

It mooned over the last 2 months.
It will do so again. These things don't happen all at once.
Notice that the rise of BTC took years, with many moons and crashes.

Ones that all looked huge at the time, but are dwarfed by the current prices.

$3 is not mooning when I bought at $1.60
My bags are getting heavy.
Fuck this shit.

You're very impatient. XRP is a long term hold.
Right now it's like buying BTC in 2013/2014.

>Centralized fiat shitcoin
>Like buying bitcoin

You must be a nigger.

Notice in this thread that no one has refuted any point I've made using reason or logic.

They only have memes and insults.

Which do you follow?

India will be a super power before this shitcoin takes off.

To think that any coin like Ripple, Stellar, Neo, Omg or otherwise will topple BTC and ETH...

To think that BTC can ever be worth more than $1000
To think that ETH can ever be worth more than $100

Lots of young people around here that have no sense of how things change.

The way things are right now is not how they'll be in a few years time.

Have a list of arguments. Enjoy the bags when the cripple foundation decides to print more.

That's the "bankers are coming for your BTC/ETH" meme, not an argument.

Pure conjecture from someone living in a fantasy.

>he cares about the fundamentals
>he is not in it for the money

Stay poor.

>Print fiat shitcoin
>Pump it bringing in shitloads of normie cash
>Trade it for BTC/ETH
>Implying this is impossible

You remind me of the retards at school just smart enough to convince themselves they're not retarded.

It's not impossible, but it's pure conjecture. There's no incentive for devoting so many years of resources to such a silly objective.

Think carefully - Ripple Inc. has been around for years now. It was around when the price of cryptos were very low. Any banks or FIs that wanted to buy up BTC/ETC have had plenty of opportunity to do so. No convoluted schemes necessary. In fact, some of them HAVE invested in those currencies, buying up large amounts.

> You remind me of the retards at school
That's all I need to know. Your brain hasn't finished developing yet.

Buy up all the premined, centralized shitcoin you want, man. I'll keep my monero on my memorized mnemonic key, thanks.

Zero refutation of the point and a frog meme.
Veeky Forums ladies and gents!

Why are jews so fucking annoying? Gas yourself.

And now a Jew meme!
The ride never ends.

Might as well make your own copy of Ponzicoin if you're going to think like that.

It's not a meme. You're a flamer of a kike. Pun intended.

I know it's hard that you can't refute the point, and aren't gracious enough to concede the point.

That generates some inner frustration, which leads to rageposting memes.

We've all been there, user.

Coinbase literally said they would never list XRP. I dont know if these threads are intentional misinfo or just retards.

Why would I care about anything you have to say? You're shilling for ripple for fuck's sake.

PSA: Memes are fun, but when it comes to money, always use reason and logic.

lol

25000% in 12 months.

more moon missions ahead

except ripple can freeze your wallet

I don't mind that you keep posting like this.
You're making yourself look foolish, and my arguments look better by contrast.

THREAD UNCLEAR BOUGHT 100 MILLION DOGE

NO, JUST NO

already killed your your weak FUD:

That's not correct.
XRP can never be frozen. You can check this in the whitepaper, in the API documentation, and in the open source codebase itself.

What CAN be frozen are IOU tokens, and they can only be frozen by the issuer themselves, not by Ripple Inc.

XRP is not "issued" - it's the only native asset on the ledger. No one owns it, and no one can ever freeze it.

>I want my money to be untraceable and only accessible to me and me alone

There's the logic. My funds are literally untouchable by anyone or anything provided I access them securely. You're betting on a shitcoin banks won't even bother using.

>being this desperate

only tokens can frozen by the issuers, XRP can't be frozen by anyone.

ripple.com/build/freeze/

That's a better argument. If you want anonymous, untraceable funds, then there are a smaller number of cryptos to choose from that suit that purpose.

inverse.com/article/39957-coinbase-not-adding-ripple-any-time-soon-xrp-sees-20-percent-drop
I can also give you links of them not being interested in premined or centralized if you want.

This is another repetition of a misunderstanding of Coinbase's announcement. If you read the announcement carefully, they're pulling the old political trick: "We can neither confirm nor deny the rumor."

From the article:
> As of the date of this statement, we have made no decision to add additional assets to either GDAX or Coinbase. Any statement to the contrary is untrue and not authorized by the company.

They haven't decided to add any, and they haven't decided NOT to add any. Careful, precise language.

Most people don't read critically, however, and merely jump to the conclusion they want. Others get their info from secondary sources (like that one) and follow along with the opinions of the first group.

Well OP is stating they are adding it which is false. I can say "well maybe in 100 years they might add bitconnectX" just because they have no plans to and it doesn't fit their clearly defined characteristics they look for in a listing doesnt mean they wont!

that's their statement

"We haven't made any decisions to add new assets to Coinbase or GDAX at this time. Any statement to the contrary is untrue. Be careful what you believe out there! "

can't you understand english?

>I can also give you links of them not being interested in premined or centralized if you want.

it's more decentralized that bitcoin and they say their guidelines are just guidelines and they can ignore them if they want to.

not adding means losing customers to other businesses

Ripple isn't XRP.

Rippe is actually useful and the technology will succeed.
XRP on the other hand is the useless Shitcoin to earn them some money.

Past performance is not indicative of future performance.

You're really jumping through hoops to make that look like an endorsement for Ripple.
Given he holds more $ in ETH than BTC, I wonder what crypto he would want to dethrone BTC?

Yes, you're right on that point. Whether or not it will be added to Coinbase is conjecture.

We're seeing other major US gateways announcing support, however, so we can infer that the pressure is on Coinbase to make a decision.

I agree. That's why I invested in XRP based on the fundamentals - the use case, the people running the company, and their relationships, to name a few.

>only usuable coin in currently used by 5 financial institutions at the moment
>shitcoin

I can feel your terror. Your bags will become useless soon.

>Thinking Ripple will ever have a 41 trillion dollar market cap
>My reaction if if it ever does

youtube.com/watch?v=mko5Y8QUEjI

Market cap is another meme that most people don't seem to understand. Pic related.

You can't really base what a mooning is when you fomo'd in though

>it's more decentralized that bitcoin
Its not and any meme mental gymnastics to say this doesnt fit with what they clearly meant.
>not adding means losing customers to other businesses
Oh no? wait till you see how many coins Binance has! there is no possible way to transfer coins from one exchange to another or one wallet to another is there! Coinbase in and of itself doesnt even allow inter crypto trading, its all USD pairings which means theyd rather play it safe.
>We're seeing other major US gateways announcing support, however, so we can infer that the pressure is on Coinbase to make a decision.
Doubt it, they learned the lesson with BCH. Expect trusted legit ERC210 tokens waaay first. On top of that XRP has no use case for Coinbase end users, besides hodling.
This people investing over Mcap alone are simply ponzing themselves. If the purpose of buying is to sell at a higher price, you run out of buyers at the higher price. WE cant all cash out our Bitcoin at Market cap, the last people "out" would be cashing out at like a $ even though they have paper value over $10k.

Just read that, my ripple bags are getting heavy.
Should I liquidate?

>-One company has a monopoly on creating efficient ASIC Bitcoin miners thanks to patents (Bitmain)

Nigga watt, Canaan have been producing efficient miners just a little lower hash rate.
Also just wait Haolong is gonna rape bitmain in a few months.

Bought in sub $1 and have been told by biz it’s the worst investment on my portfolio. It’s also the only coin in my portfolio that has kept me green throughout this whole month. I’ve never been given a reason other than
>ebil banks

Keen to see what its limits are

Are you literally a fucking mongoloid?
>Be whale chinaman that bought millions of ripple at $.006
>Stupid white boys start paying $1,000 for one ripple
>NI FUCKING HAO!
>Market sell order confirmed!
>Tactical nuke incoming!
>Yao ming becomes the richest fucking man in the world and makes ripple worth diddle dick in a fraction of a second
>CHINA NUMBA WAN!

This is why market cap isn't a fucking meme and why you're a fucking invalid that needs to gas yourself post haste. It'll never reach $1,000 dollareedoos because all of the whales would push shit in if it ever even got close to that.

> Doubt it, they learned the lesson with BCH. Expect trusted legit ERC210 tokens waaay first. On top of that XRP has no use case for Coinbase end users, besides hodling.

Could be. They may decide they would rather leave XRP to other companies. I don't see that happening personally, but I admit it's a possibility.

Your second point makes no sense, however. XRP is designed to be extremely cheap and very fast to move (3 second settlement). It's a much better transfer medium than BTC or ETH, which are commonly used as bridges to trading in other cryptos.

You can hold it, just like any crypto, but it's not designed as a "store of value" as BTC is purported to be. It's designed to be used as a bridge currency between arbitrary assets.

jezus christ the autism levels of this guy...

However it performs in 2018 should be a huge indication. This is the year they'll keep signing on partners and the world will see just how useful or useless it really is. So far the signs look good.

>Canaan have been producing efficient miners
> just a little lower hash rate.

nigger detected

PoW has a flaw. Only Bitmain can exploit it. Google ASIC Boost, nigger.

Yeah true

More memes and zero arguments.
Refute the points about market cap intelligently, if you're capable.

Autisté Extraordinaire, at your service.

market cap isnt a meme and is important information regarding any asset including crypto.
But you are too retarded to get his point. Do you understand how exchanges work? they match buyers with sellers based on prices in buy orders/sell orders or people manually filling them. Mcap takes market price and multiplies it by supply essentially. However the lower the volume the more slippage. If a coin has a market cap of $10mil and low volume you could not actually buy the whole supply for $10million this is essentially what you know as a pump. Likewise if it had an insane volume you could probably have less slippage accumulating. Similarly with selling your dumb example assumes there is enough stupid white boys with Buy orders at $1000 for the whale chinaman to unload. Even if the market price is $1000 it wont take long to fill all $1000 buy orders driving the price down and lowering market cap.
Christ I swear people here are retarded.
No end user places accept XRP though, I see XRB filling this role better. Ripple is also seemingly targeting instiutions and large scale clients rather than some dude buying weed online.

The reason why XRP will not make it is because of these 3 reasons:

1.) 60% of the total supply is not in circulation. It will be added in to devalue the price of the token. If it wasn't going to be added in, the remainder would be burned.

2.) XRP is not Ripple. Ripple is useful to banks as fast transaction software. Ripple will be used by banks, XRP will not.

3.) XRP is not a cryptocurrency. BTC is hardcoded to have a top supply of 21M. XRP is not hardcoded to a max supply, therefore more tokens can be added to the total supply.

XRP is not trustless, you are putting your faith into a centralized source and hoping for the best. You may as well trade forex.

100% premine. lol. dumb fucks

Regarding market cap:
Still a big mess with no logic or reason behind it.
Who taught you how to organize your thoughts?
Take the time to write well.

Regarding end users:
There are some online stores that I've seen already accepting XRP directly. It's now powering end-user money transfer agencies (MoneyGram & Cuallix), although the users do not use XRP directly - instead it's used on the backend to perform the transfers.

They're going after institutions first, but if you do some research, you'll notice they also talk about targeting personal usage, as well as IoT usage.
Banks/FIs make the most sense to go after first, since getting them to adopt it for business purposes as a cost-saving/speed device is easier than convincing millions or billions of individuals to use it as a currency.
If institutional adoption ramps up, expect to see more focus on the other use cases.

Holy shit you fucking kike that was literally my mother fucking point Jesus Christ! DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT A FUCKING MARKET SELL ORDER IS!? I FUCKING MARKET SOLD MY SHIT TON OF TRON AND FUCKED OVER A LOT OF DUMB NIGGERS, BUT STILL GOT MINE! I ONLY DID IT TO BE A DICK TOO AND LAUGHED ON BIZ WHEN I STARTED THE FUCKING DIP! A whale would not give a flying fuck at that point if it hit $1,000 fucking dollars! They would market sell it back down to nothing and still be among the richest people on earth!

then why were you trying to argue with an user objectively explaining market cap? nobody said you cant make profits or sell some stacks at market price.
>although the users do not use XRP directly - instead it's used on the backend to perform the transfers.
Exactly. AKA they are not buying XRP on coinbase.

Wrong on all counts.

1) 60% of the total supply is locked up in escrow with a predictable release schedule. The lock-up coincided with the rise in price, meaning people are MORE confident now. Since it's predictable, it's already been priced into the market. A slow increase in supply over time will not devalue XRP, and it is not in Ripple's interest to devalue it.

2) True, xRapid and xCurrent are not the same thing. Ripple Inc. explicitly has stated (multiple times) that they split their product offering to solve the chicken/egg problem of institutional adoption. Banks/FIs using xCurrent are now on board, building a relationship with Ripple, and can introduce xRapid as a cost-saving measure in the future. Many banks have expressed interest in XRP. This information is easy to find, if you're inclined.

3) XRP is a cryptocurrency. It's the only native token on a cryptographically secure blockchain ledger. You can read the whitepaper and open-source codebase for more. XRP DOES have a max supply of 100B tokens, and if you read my posts about comparing the base units of BTC/XRP, you'll see how the total supplies really stack up.

Finally, it's not centralized. The network is run by dozens of validators currently, with the explicit stated goal of introducing more. Ripple Inc. has stated one of their goals this year is to remove one of their own nodes for every two third-party nodes added.

Not on coinbase (yet), but Coinsquare has announced it, and Robinhood has hinted at it.

There are many other exchanges that allow you to trade fiat currency for XRP.

no my point was they were not using XRP directly as you literally said. Im not FUDing the coin or saying it has no use. My point was the normies didnt need to buy the token first, thus they had no value buying it on coinbase.