Wouldn't a candlestick with a heatmap inside it be better than a traditional japenese candlestick with wicks?

wouldn't a candlestick with a heatmap inside it be better than a traditional japenese candlestick with wicks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YZCUMtV8rBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

elab & show concept, mspaint is fine.

something like that.

well, i can say that i've never seen anything like that and i kinda like it. pretty original. good job and mind... if that's your invention ofc.

nah, found it youtube.com/watch?v=YZCUMtV8rBU

i'm new to this so i'm sure someone's already done it before.

neat-o

Never considered this. Seems like it'd be obvious where most the action took place with the green/red candles. But in cases where this shoots up or drops dramatically at the last moment, this would be quite helpful.

well, that one from the video is not like yours, but quite like it. anyway, just post some your unique id (first letters of your name, etc) because archives and shit. i honestly think that's really interesting. got some programmign skills?

if it measures volume I think its a good idea

and for the next time, keep this private and try to utilize it yourself, you can make $$$ on this shit

no programming skills and no real interest in developing it, but sure, i'll trip for posterity, lels and potential regret.

it's like a bunch of candles within a candle...i like it

candlesticks already center on the most activity do you even know how they work

isn't the heat map of the candle the dead center?

No,
if in one candle you buy 20 btc for 12k and sell 40 btc for 11k, the center would be 11.5k, but the heatmap is at the bottom because most of the volume is there.

this

do they? i thought it's just open close (body) and high/low (wicks). how do you get an indication of where most of the trading took place from just that?

say for 1 period price opens at $1.00, dips to 0.95 as a low, spends most of the period trading at sub 1.00, but during the last few seconds of the period the price shoots up to 1.5 and closes at 1.4. how does a candle stick tell me where most of the trading took place?

Damn, user
Greed has got you to the core

What a person would try to benefit from a candle graph variation?

Also, some problems with heatmaps here
1. Not scalable: red and green are well discerned even when you zoom out to the max. Tiny hetmaps zoomed out would look lioe a mess of colors
2. Candles and whiskers give you temporal information. When you replace it for a rectangle, you cant say if the price went up or down

From this pov, using violin (vagina) plot colored red and green might be more appropriate, but then we get thr problem of differnt width.

So I guess candle plots are indeed the superior option for trading

no, the center would not be 11.5, it already weights the volume to place itself.

just heikin ashi candles faggot, gives you the same information without causing the person overlooking your shoulder to think your faggot because you've got a rainbow on your graph

>Not scalable: red and green are well discerned even when you zoom out to the max. Tiny hetmaps zoomed out would look lioe a mess of colors
true. but i see that as a design problem that could potentially be overcome. LODs depending on zoom potentially

>2. Candles and whiskers give you temporal information. When you replace it for a rectangle, you cant say if the price went up or down
again, design issue imo. my awful solution was to place a black dot indicating direction of close but i'm sure there's a better solution.

Candle sticks are optimal.
Rn you are not trying to make the best plot out there -- you're trying to justify the usage of heatmaps

afaik, the bar would be a filled candle with the open and high being 12k, and the close and low being 11k, which means 11.5k is the dead center. What am I missing?

No they don't brainlet. They are open high low and close.

it would show a small wick to 12k, not start at 12k

If we’re going color code, we may as well just drop the candlestick entirely and go pure pixels

nah, i was merely talking about that whole idea/api. i don't think that's the only great idea OP has. furthermore, take it just as concept, draft.

don't take it like "you guyyyz, check this candle with nice coloz, pay me, muh $$$".