Anyone else happy with their great high paying career for a while...

Anyone else happy with their great high paying career for a while, but after a few years they want to either kill themselves or get as much money as possible to retire immediately?

I'm so sick of this, I honestly want to move to a flyover state and buy a shitty house and just live there on potatoes and corn for the rest of my life, as long as I have internet

Yeeepppp goal is to be a day trader by 40

Midwesterner here. Boring, but very comfy.

100%. Most would envy my life of making great money, setting my own schedule, etc. But after 10 years in this position im fucking DONE. Im trying to make enough to retire in 5 years and if im not 20% there by EOY I will just kill myself and be done with it.

Happy with my high paying career. A study once said that 80% of people hate their jobs, guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I try to get in early, I like my job that much. The job being network administrator. If you spent 8hrs a day watching what 8 million people do online, while shaping TB of traffic with the assistance of AI you would be happy too.

Do what you love, life is too short. Just lucky that what I love pays.

Jess, was that a rub it in post?

I "love" my job too but deadlines and stress make any job miserable. It's literally my ideal job but I still hate it

Well, hopefully you die in a horrific car accident on the way to work.

this. IT jobs rule. you get to pretend you're a hacker except you get catered lunch once a week, free gym at the office, and you can go flirt with the cuties over in Accounts during your downtime.

Same. I used to love what I did. Current gig is good dosh/bennies but I've never thought more about ending it, and I haven't gone home on time in 6 months.

>I haven't gone home on time in 6 months.
This is the issue. It's great but the time just creeps up. Higher ranking co-worker who comes into work late in the afternoon and stays late at night wants to talk to you? Well there goes my night, guess I'll be starving by dinner time. Boss wants something done extra soon and doesn't appreciate how long it takes to do it right in comparison to just doing a shitty job? There goes my weekend

Fuck it

I've been a professional programmer for 10 years. I'm sick of it. I only started saving up money these last few years. When I was first hired I made $50k/yr and spent all of it.

I always leave at 5, no matter what, unless there's an emergency (like production is down). I'm sure it's stopped me from being promoted but I've never been fired. I'd have no problems telling the higher ranking co-worker I gotta leave and we can pick up the discussion tomorrow.

>Boss wants something done extra soon and doesn't appreciate how long it takes to do it right in comparison to just doing a shitty job? There goes my weekend
also this, I don't do this shit, they can wait extra days or just fire me. you have to have your own boundaries and enforce them.

#cucklife

i thought my phd program sucked, but the job i got afterwards sucked even more. i just got paid more.

Have a successful career in startup tech and make very good money doing so.
It's not satisfying though. I've come to dislike tech in general due to the net negative effect it has had on society at large. The tech industry is a super toxic SJW fest where every workspace is a "safe space".
I've never been suicidal and would never bother ending it because life is very short as it is, but if the tech industry were to disappear tomorrow I'd be fucking delighted. All I want to do is run away from big city life and the tech industry at this point, but the comfort of the life it offers vs the unknowns of fucking off from it isn't a gamble I've been able to bring myself to make.

As amazing as it is and as many great things that have come from it, the internet and large parts of "new age" tech in general overall is a fucking curse. People want this gay ass global world now where they want to be overrun by brown people and "everyone is the same". Only in western first world countries though. Hmm I wonder what made those countries first world? They don't fucking get it. people have no identities anymore it's all consumed by what tech you like. I'm still working on convincing the wife to move further out with tons of land and away from most people. Everyone needs to read more old books.

Anyways, to relate more to the topic at hand, just make sure you are saving as much as you can in 401k. Read books, start a family, exercise, find purpose etc.

It's called burnout.
Take a break.

>being affected by sjws
You take a break too. Realize everyone is just trying to live.

Literally in the most flownover state in the country.

It is heaven OP, no one for miles around. I can sling my rifle and go walking for miles before I see another person. Only downside is small pool of qts to pick from, but who needs qts when you've had crypto for 5 years.

>Yeeepppp goal is to be a day trader by 40
have u learned nothing from crypto
the stress is horrible.