Can someone unironically explain to me the value in this...

can someone unironically explain to me the value in this? i’ve been on this board for 6 months and it’s been shilled every single day heavily since i’ve been here. the profits on this thing barely went anywhere while everything else in the top 200 while everything mooned. what’s with the circle jerk around this thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MfH1B85YyFU
youtube.com/watch?v=1nmLU284fIk
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=nMlpTgxKtAY
youtube.com/watch?v=ytv8U0bejPA
youtube.com/watch?v=AfJiRsYpgyc
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=T9R5fpxGeVc
github.com/smartcontractkit/chainlink
chainlink-docs.smartcontract.com/#installation
link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper
hudsonjameson.com/2017-08-06-advising-status-smartcontract/
americanbanker.com/news/the-race-to-connect-smart-contracts-to-the-real-world
paymentweek.com/2017-9-7-previous-chief-scientist-rsa-releases-smart-contract-connectivity-whitepaper-facebook-director-engineering-llvm-creator-joins-chainlink-advisory-board/
febelfin.be/sites/default/files/InDepth/smart-contracts.pd_.pdf
image.slidesharecdn.com/worldeconomicforumtippingpoint2015blockchain41-170330211144/95/world-economic-forum-tipping-points-report-1-638.jpg?cb=1490908469
gartner.com/doc/3698947/cool-vendors-blockchain-applications-
coindesk.com/swift-startup-winner-demos-smart-contract-trade-5-financial-firms/
twitter.com/addyching/status/919995073990979591
crossroadstoday.com/story/36335056/previous-chief-scientist-of-rsa-releases-smart-contract-connectivity-whitepaper-facebook-director-of-engineering-llvm-creator-joins-chainlink
imgur.com/a/UcnTf
create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/317764c5bf532e8b33572b6e77ae2133
imgur.com/a/uzRH1
factom.com/blog/smartcontract-factom-announce-collaboration
imgur.com/a/Lf6vr
arijuels.com/)
image.slidesharecdn.com/worldeconomicforumtippingpoint2015blockchain41-170330211144/95/world-economic-forum-tipping-points-report-1-638.jpg?cb=1490908469)
create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/cc3ea3c76b5a60f171e0eaf223146f34?tab=info)
gartner.com/doc/3698947/cool-vendors-blockchain-applications-)
slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/HJglipax9KmMPx)
swift.com/node/39911
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capgemini
www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GAC15_Technological_Tipping_Points_report_2015.pdf#page=24
medium.com/@thelatemercutio/waltonchain-partners-mobius-a-protocol-for-the-future-of-blockchain-86d9a1d417a0
blog.oraclize.it/understanding-oracles-99055c9c9f7b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wood can shatter, be ignited or rot
But my linkies are safe and they will definitely not
Be wasted by vanity, mistakes or greed
For Sergey is the leader of this wonderful creed
He will release the mainnet and allow us to stake
In nodes and we'll get the opportunity to take
The key to the path of guaranteed comfy gains
Built on the carnage of a thousand failed trades

it looked like(and still does) the best opportunity in crypto - but nothing happened. the team is radio silent and all we hear are excuses. most of us our bagholding and are pegging our dreams on chainlink. i have 70k of them and if it doesn't succeed im probably going to kill myself

honestly dude it doesn’t seem like that great of an opportunity. the market cap is relevely high, and it’s just an ERC20 token... i mean yeah there’s some useful tokens but it’s just a red flag for a lot of new buyers. plus, what’s stopping a million other companies from just making their own version? idk man

Just don't look both ways before scurrying across the street for your morning shit, pajeet.

it's simple
CHAIN LINK > SHITCOINS

>while everything else in the top 200 while everything mooned
retard pajeet

I'll explain the shilling to you: there are some big bagholders here and they need someone to dump on.

>relevely high
retard pajeet

HONEST QUESTION: Is this a FUD thread or is this a genuine question? because I have the answers and the sources to back them up.

Happy to explain if you seriously care.

Heres some advice that will help you for once pajeet. Do you know what a meme and irony is? If so good, because nobody actually fucking seriously buys this coin you dumb fuck hahaha but please, by all means use your ruppees to buy this coin and get laughed the fuck at if anyone finds out you werent joking and bought a meme coin. Fuck me the state of /biz has gone down the ..streets.

genuine question

>i’ve been on this board for 6 months

Do not tell him shit, we FUD here

Dropped this shit a long time ago. It has no fucking substance. Only hype and memes.

CHAINLINK VIDEOS:
youtube.com/watch?v=MfH1B85YyFU - Sergey Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=1nmLU284fIk -Interview when he was NXT Secure Asset Exchange CEO, talking about Smart Contracts (2014)
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=nMlpTgxKtAY - A technical overview of ChainLink, the decentralized oracle platform.
youtube.com/watch?v=ytv8U0bejPA - Ethereum Enthusiasts NYC: SmartContracts.com and Oracles
youtube.com/watch?v=AfJiRsYpgyc -Smart Contracts in Business: Sergey Nazarov
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=T9R5fpxGeVc - What is SWIFT doing in terms of innovation that is new and exciting?

github.com/smartcontractkit/chainlink -the github
chainlink-docs.smartcontract.com/#installation -The ChainLink API documentation.
link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper -Whitepaper (Duh)
hudsonjameson.com/2017-08-06-advising-status-smartcontract/ -an Advisor's thoughts on smartcontracts
americanbanker.com/news/the-race-to-connect-smart-contracts-to-the-real-world American Banker [Financial Publication]
paymentweek.com/2017-9-7-previous-chief-scientist-rsa-releases-smart-contract-connectivity-whitepaper-facebook-director-engineering-llvm-creator-joins-chainlink-advisory-board/ -Previous Chief Scientist Of RSA Releases Smart Contract Connectivity Whitepaper, Facebook Director Of Engineering & LLVM Creator Joins ChainLink Advisory Board
febelfin.be/sites/default/files/InDepth/smart-contracts.pd_.pdf - Capegemini report
image.slidesharecdn.com/worldeconomicforumtippingpoint2015blockchain41-170330211144/95/world-economic-forum-tipping-points-report-1-638.jpg?cb=1490908469 - World Economic Forum
gartner.com/doc/3698947/cool-vendors-blockchain-applications- - Garner Report
coindesk.com/swift-startup-winner-demos-smart-contract-trade-5-financial-firms/ - Barclays, BNP Paribas, Fidelity, Societe Generale and Santander test out Chainlink
twitter.com/addyching/status/919995073990979591 - SIBOS updates
crossroadstoday.com/story/36335056/previous-chief-scientist-of-rsa-releases-smart-contract-connectivity-whitepaper-facebook-director-of-engineering-llvm-creator-joins-chainlink

ChanLink is a shit project with no future.

user, if you cant figure out why its great then youre not going to /makeit/.

Lurk in more link threads and you'll pick up an idea of how big of a deal this is.

The coin has no marketing (green flag), so we rarely have news to talk about. Thats why there's so many memes (shadowfork, jason parser etc),

I wasn't around during the ICO so I cant comment. After the ICO the price mooned, then tanked. You can assume a lot of early investors dropped their bags at this point. Literally no one talks about this coin outside of Veeky Forums. It's very likely that Veeky Forums holds a significant amount of LINK in circulation, and they're not selling.

Smart contracts are like the internet 2.0.

---------------
I noticed a lot of you guys didn't know what ChainLINK would be actually useful for or get too hung up on the "banking" premise that was shilled a lot on Veeky Forums. Let me explain the TRUE merit of ChainLINK.
Bitcoin was the first decentralized currency that was trustless in nature. Ethereum was the first decentralized smartcontract service that was trustless in nature.
ChainLINK is the first "bridge" between real life data and crypto that is decentralized in nature.
What does this mean?
ChainLINK can take real time datastreams like Sensor data/non-crypto financial data such as real time interest rates etc and combine it with smartcontracts.
What this does is create tremendous potential wealth and make businesses possible that weren't possible before ChainLINK existed.
Let's look at the examples of how ChainLINK could be used in real life with one thing that is already confirmed.
A startup called Confido wants to make a payment and delivery system where they will use real time data from the delivery service's sensor system if a package actually arrived or not. When the sensor data confirm that the package is arrived a smart contract will automatically pay the vendor of that package automatically. This type of service would be impossible with ChainLINK if you'd wanted to make it trustless without 3rd party meddling.

Are you one of those morons who think that Veeky Forums has any serious impact on the market?

>that last video

It's a protocol that binds the real world with the blockchain.
It's the biggest thing since Ethereum. Probably much bigger than Ethereum.

That's all you need to know.

-------------
Other potential things that could be done ONLY with ChainLINK.
Trustless Gambling Racehorses gets sensors in them whichever reaches the finish line first gets their data send to ChainLINK which then through smartcontract pays out everyone that betted on that horse. Online gambling where the roulette has sensors in every landing place and automatically pays out to whomever betted on that automatically through ChainLINK.
Trustless Insurance,Trustless Warranty When you have a car it could automatically send it's realtime data like speed,GPS position and miles driven to ChainLINK. And it could in real time change your insurance terms based upon your driving behavior and if you crash your car pays out (or not) automatically based on these sensor data without needing a third party.
Same for Warranties. If the sensor data shows the warranty should apply it could automatically pay the party or if it is voided it automatically voids the smartcontract.
Connecting all currencies ChainLINK can actually be used to link different currencies such as dollar,euro,yen with all different cryptocurrencies and each other. Because you can input real data into it you could make it so that banks could "lock in" things like "Bank A coin=$5" and based upon how much other coins are worth in real time feeded to ChainLINK would make it possible to buy "Bank A coin" with ALL different cryptocurrencies even though they only accept dollars.

>nothing happened
What the hell do you mean?
Did you set a deadline for them or something?

---------------
Last but not least
New bank shattering application You know when you pay for something and you don't want to use your creditcard because of fees? So you go and do a wire transfer straight from your bank to another one.
But then you usually have to wait a couple of days or even a week if it's international and you are unlucky.
Well. ChainLINK is the solution to that. A bank (or third party application) could just feed the information from Bank A that you made a wire transfer to Bank B. And then through ChainLINK combining that data with a smart contract Person that has Bank B account gets paid that money immediately and so the vendor/friend/whatever that uses Bank B knows that he got paid even though he hasn't received the money yet and thus can give the guy from Bank A his goods/whatever immediately. Thus cutting out Creditcards/Wire transaction time and everything WITHOUT having to use cryptocurrency per-se as the end user.
THIS is why LINK is the most talked about coin on Veeky Forums since ETH. Because it'll be a game changer.Sure you can say "There is no guarantee it will be adopted" or "Why won't every of those businesses not just program their own solution".
But I could say the same thing about ETH "What if smartcontracts won't get adopted?" "Can't companies not just program their own smartcontract services?"
The answer is NO. Because the value is added due to it being DECENTRALIZED. There is no third party that can meddle with the transaction. It's all real time based on sensor or other outside information which gives security to the users.
I hope some of you understand the potential of LINK some more right now.

No you hideous tripfag. I'm one of those who don't want you to spoonfeed a fag who claims to have been on Veeky Forums for 6 months without looking into ChainLink.

-------------I have seen a lot of FUD lately surrounding ChainLink and a lot of people losing faith. While everyone is waiting for news to drop, here is what we know about ChainLink as of now.

PARTNERS:
Here are some names of companies that ChainLink is working with, or at the VERY least has contacts with.

SWIFT: This one should be obvious to everyone by now. They just gave a working demo for SWIFT at SIBOS. They even state on the smartcontract website that they are indeed WORKING WITH SWIFT. The cheeky bastards even have SWIFT subtely underlined, as shown here:
imgur.com/a/UcnTf

SONY & AXA: We all know who SONY is. Axa is the largest holder of financial derivatives in the world. It's a trillion dollar market. All three parties have signed a smart contract that deals with varying levels of insurance coverage depending on firewall uptime on May 9th 2016, viewable here:

create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/317764c5bf532e8b33572b6e77ae2133
imgur.com/a/uzRH1

FACTOM: Factom and ChainLink have been working together since 2016. You can view Factom's announcement about it here:

factom.com/blog/smartcontract-factom-announce-collaboration
imgur.com/a/Lf6vr

Why, exactly? So you can feel better about yourself? Fuck off edgelord.

Is their any pie that ChainLink doesn't have their fingers in? Their tech is literally revolutionary. Smart contracts are fucking useless without being able to pull real world data from off-chain. This coin is already 4x up from ICO price without them even releasing any news yet. It is brand new and still in it's infancy. Do not let these Veeky Forums biztards FUD you into selling a fucking goldmine.

If they release an announcement stating all of their partners + exchange listings, this thing will be the

BIGGEST. COIN. EVER

Let this sink in for a moment. I'll wait.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!! ! ! !
Ari Juels is a faculty member at the Jacobs Institute at Cornell Tech. He co-authored
this work in his separate capacity as an advisor to SmartContract ChainLink Ltd., in
which he has a financial interest. In 2004, MIT’s Technology Review Magazine named Dr. Juels one of the world’s top 100 technology innovators under the age of 35. Computerworld honored him in its “40 Under 40” list of young industry leaders in 2007. He has received other distinctions, but sadly no recent ones acknowledging his youth. - (arijuels.com/)
Chainlink was selected by the World Economic Forum's Tipping Point report as the "Shift in Action" for Smart Contracts, for their work on allowing smart contracts in the Bitcoin network to be automatically triggered by external data. -
(image.slidesharecdn.com/worldeconomicforumtippingpoint2015blockchain41-170330211144/95/world-economic-forum-tipping-points-report-1-638.jpg?cb=1490908469)

Chainlink is partnered with Cornell's IC3, to help launch the first Intel SGX secured link between smart contracts and external data. This more secure way of running an oracle is the future and they're glad to be moving it forward.
- (create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/cc3ea3c76b5a60f171e0eaf223146f34?tab=info)

Chainlink has been chosen as a 2017 Blockchain Applications Cool Vendor by Gartner. This validates the value that CTOs and CIOs see in our more secure approach to connecting smart contracts with critical external resources. - (gartner.com/doc/3698947/cool-vendors-blockchain-applications-)

Chainlink is presently working with SWIFT on their own SWIFT Smart Oracle. Allowing smart contracts on various networks to make payments, send governance instructions, and release collateral with over 11,000 banks. - (slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/HJglipax9KmMPx)

SWIFT's premier blockchain project consists of two main pillars:
1) Distributed Ledger Tech or DLT (basically a blockchain)
2) Smart contracts

Smart contracts are meant to bridge the gap between external data and blockchains.

SWIFT is pretty far along with the first pillar (DLT), but has nothing at all yet for smart contracts; except for Smartcontract.com/Chainlink of course.

The "gpi" thing in OP's pic is a global payments initiative, and the third phase of gpi also involves DLT and related options.
This may very well include Smartcontract.com/Chainlink, of course; but the partnership is still in its infancy.

>SWIFT's premier blockchain project consists of two main pillars:
Source: swift.com/node/39911

Very first line of that SWIFT document:
>Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Smart Contracts (SC) promise to transform automation in the financial industry, and are generating huge interest amongst financial institutions and technology providers.

Nicely outlines the two main parts as listed above: (1) DLT and (2) Smart Contracts.

You are baiting me right now, right? It's not clever, it's dull. All things considered you're probably just terribly new.

Underrated

mmmm-mm-mooooooooommmm they know about muh sekret club waaaaaaaaaaa

every faggot thinks they're some kind of special faggot.

i bet you think their 1st album is the best and they really went downhill from there.

Massive consulting firms like Capgemini are devoting entire reports to smart contracts, specifically mentioning Smartcontract.com (= Chainlink) and Sergey Nazarov by name as the sole smart contract solution that can use external data thanks to oracles.
Source: febelfin.be/sites/default/files/InDepth/smart-contracts.pd_.pdf

Excerpts:
>Sometimes, external inputs such as prices, performance, or other real-world data may be required to process a transaction, and oracle services help smart contracts with inputs such as these.

>Smart contracts will also need to be able to work with trusted external data sources if they are to utilize external information. Smart contracts can achieve this with the help of oracles – programs providing smart contracts with the data they need from the external world or carrying the commands they need to send to other systems. Sergey Nazarov, Cofounder and CEO, smartcontract.com – a startup specializing in building oracles – outlines how connectivity with real-world data will be key.

If you don't know what Capgemini is: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capgemini

Back in 2015 the World Economic Forum also mentioned smartcontract(s).com by name:www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GAC15_Technological_Tipping_Points_report_2015.pdf#page=24

this is retarded, you dont understand chainlink with you sensors. The whole point is just to allow people to supply the data. Since its decentralized

I work at AXA and bollocks is it the largest holder of derivatives in the world. They have a lot of hedging but they're not remotely comparable to the big dogs in the market.

do you understand a little better?

Nah, I just like calling out idiots on Veeky Forums who think they're somehow holders of privileged information that shouldn't belong to "normies."

I'm tired.

This fucking thread is posted every fucking day and every fucking day some fucking knobheads fall for it

It's literally shit and i suspect that just 3 autists spam it day in day out. There are 90 more promising projects then link

>There are 90 more promising projects then link
nope

you're doing God's work

If you invest in this coin just know every other coin you could've bought will go up, while this will stay solid at 90 cents go down to 40 every now and again but surely come back to 90

The honest problem with this is that banks make money off of the long transfer times. They use that delay to make interest off of your money. It's not in their interest to adopt fast payment options.

I'm a 60k stinky linky don't get me wrong, but I don't think that's a good example of its potential use case.

Chainlink is done. Big projects like Waltonchain are going to choose Mobius always over Chainlink. You can be racist and laugh at them but the truth is that Mobius is currently leading oracle provider.

medium.com/@thelatemercutio/waltonchain-partners-mobius-a-protocol-for-the-future-of-blockchain-86d9a1d417a0

It’s genuinely overrated

Thanks for this but these retards dont even deserve it

I disagree

If Bank A has very slow transfer times and Bank B has very fast transfer times everyone would use Bank B. Bank B would make less money off of each transfer, but would have significantly more customers by offering a better service. Bank A can choose to change to the new system or become obsolete .

but the ERC20 token isnt at all what smartcontracts.com is focusing on, its their decentralized oracle network that only they have at the moment. No other company has anything near what smartcontracts.com has.

Not only do you need to learn how to shit on a toilet but you also need to learn how to fud

>just an ERC20 token
*sigh*.....

>It's not in their interest to adopt fast payment options.
it is actually. they have to become competitive to stay relevant/profitable.

> You can be racist and laugh at them but the truth is that Mobius is currently leading oracle provider.

Transaction speed is not a top priority. Believe me.

thats pretty gud

OP, no value
All this fud is reverse psychollogy to make you buy the bags.

Good going my man.

Saved for future reference

I really appreciate Anons like you

Somebody cap them, this shit is making so damn comfy.

What are the chances that SWIFT really is relying on Sergey for their smart contract needs, but won't be using chainlink down the line?

To elaborate, what I mean is that just because they're partnered with smartcontract.com doesn't mean the project they're working on together is going to utilize chainlink.

what if i told you that chainlink was an innovative blockchain technology, powered by the fear and anxiety of bagholders?

100%

I just want a pump. Just a little one. You're taking all the food, Sergey. I'm hungry.

0%

why would sergey create a product for this exact purpose only to create something for swift that makes his original product irrelevant? he has literally zero incentive to create something for them that doesn't utilize chainlink

I can think of an incentive

Rather than that I'd like to hear what incentive SWIFT has to deploy a decentralized oracle. Wouldn't it be in their best interest to jew it up and go centralized?

Not if they have a monopoly on the technology. Or am I wrong?

Decentralized is completely trustless; more difficult to hack and more efficient by open market forces

linkies have actually created bullshit lore for there pajeetcoin...

The whole idea of link is to be descentralized.
What benefit is there to a descentralized smart contract when the oracle is centralized?
In that case sergey wouldn't be testing anything with swift.

>A startup called Confido

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. What's stopping SWIFT from paying Sergey to work on a centralized oracle with them? Just because chainlink exists doesn't mean they have to use it.

I see the logic there, but isn't there a good chance SWIFT would rather have it all in their own hands and just carry the extra risk?

The idea of link doesn't matter when SWIFT isn't planning on using it. And as much as I respect Sergey for his long term vision of how link can change the world, I doubt SWIFT would struggle with getting him to cooperate on developing some centralized oracle.

no, because a centralized oracle is an obvious point of failure. you might as well not even use blockchains if you're taking this route

Could you elaborate on that, or point me in a direction where I can read up on it?

>I Dont want to take the time to learn about it so therefore its bullshit

flush yourself down the toilet.

Its more than bigger than ethereum. It's what will allow ethereum to explode in adoption. We can't even imagine the ico's we'll see post chainlink.

>This one should be obvious to everyone by now. They just gave a working demo for SWIFT at SIBOS.
>just

Months ago at this point, and that hasn't done anything to help the coin.

Hey Linkies.

Just let those poorfags sell. They don't deserve to be rich.

We don't care about these minor short term fluctuations.

We don't sell.

We hold.

Heil Sergey.

CONFIRMED FOR EXIT SCAM
S
C
A
M

>be uneducated
>ask to be educated
>"go away"
cmon man

blog.oraclize.it/understanding-oracles-99055c9c9f7b

Change Confido to Request.Network. Theyre gonna do the same thing

just read the whitepaper you brain dead mutant. your starting point should have been the whitepaper; it describes the problem with centralized oracles and how/why decentralization is the solution.

>implying they arent slow on purpose

user i...

Thanks user

Well I just decided to ask Veeky Forums before going down that route, since with the whitepaper I'd have to first look for the right section, then filter out the information actually relevant to SWIFT's potential application of it.

tl;dr i wanted to be spoonfed

the value is if you own LINK at the time of the bitcoin super conference you will get a 1:1 airdrop of the shadowfork coin everyone knows this

Stop buying shitty biz shills
Go to q9xXVCC discord
Buy any of the TA signals for long term
Enjoy holding non shit coins

>What's stopping SWIFT from paying Sergey to work on a centralized oracle with them?
Swift could effectively set up a centralized system within Chainlink.
Remember that clients get to choose the nodes, and that you can create zero-link nodes.
All they'd need to do is create their own internal nodes, and only call on those.

BUT
That would only work for internal processes, and as soon as external parties come into play (banks, credit rating agencies, etc.) you're in a mess because there is no common framework.
This would also mean less security that is inherent to decentralization.
Plus, with PSD2 there will be tons of independent nodes offering the banks' internal data through oracles anyway.

No