tfw got an email yesterday saying that my Binance account had a login attempt from some IP in Russia and I needed to...

> tfw got an email yesterday saying that my Binance account had a login attempt from some IP in Russia and I needed to change my password immediately
> freak out and open the password link from the email and change all my passwords
> they also tell me I need to take off my 2FA for a day which was weird but I didnt think much about it
> log in today
> all my crypto is gone, realize I was just phished

Fuck this, fortunately I only lost about $2,800 but seriously crypto needs to be way more fucking secure, this never would have happened with my Chase bank account. Cashing out all my other crypto holdings to invest in the stock market, you know, the market that is actually regulated to prevent fraud and theft!

lol, try harder

Real talk ur a dumbass OP

>Dumbass gets Phished.
>Blames crypto instead of his own stupidity.

screenshot of the email please?

Good idea user. Crypto investing comes with an intelligence test included before you can make it. You just failed it.

KYS, you're a fucking retard

im not a dumbass retard this kind of scam happens to millions of people a year only difference is that in america all bank transactoins have to go through a trusted third party that can get your money back and is looking out for you

I literally had this exact same thing happen to me with my american express credit card and they spent like $6,000 on iPhones and guess what I got all my money back and the fuckers got arrested!!!

Bitconnect lawsuit. "But they promised"

>never happen with Chase
Because everyone else has to subsidize your stupidity via the fiat shekel printing press

No, you should be less retarded. Assuming that were a real situation instead of a transparent regulation shill attempt, of course. Go glow in the dark elsewhere, CIAnigger.

>removes 2FA
>there has to be a safer way, guise!!
unironically kill yourself.

>crypto needs to be way more fucking secure
YOU need to be more secure. Fraud and theft are not something unique to the crypto space, it is just that there are less retards that are active on the stockmarket. But having retards in the crypto sphere is a good thing. It means that there are plenty of gullible fools like you that we can make money off.

>im not a dumbass retard this kind of scam happens to millions of people a year

Millions of people are dumbasses, you are just one of them. They even vote an orange to be their president, lmao

kys

>hackers transfer money to their bank
>they take out the cash or buy things
>thinks he got his original money back
You are a fucking idiot

>i'm not a dumbass
>removes 2FA
pick one.

Fuck off crypto needs way more regulation im not buying any until the government makes it safer for regular people like me who are not genius computer hackers
If I buy a computer with my credit card and It never arrives guess what, I get all my money back
If I pay someone with crypto and they never deliver well then Im fucked!

>im not a dumbass retard this kind of scam has only happened to me once before.
You are even more retarded than a donkey's ass.

if anyone got a message from 'Olymp Trade yesterday/todday' it is a scam and your data was probably sold by Bittrex

0/10

they said my phone was hacked too and I needed to take it off to protect my coins

Middle of the bellcurve is exactly being smart user

I know you think you're in some sort of majority of people who would regularly get scammed by this... but you're not. You're in a very small minority of very stupid people pretending to not be stupid. I know you want to feel like you're not alone in this and that this could happen to anyone... but it wouldn't. This would happen to only the most select few idiots. And here you are.

>If I pay someone with crypto and they never deliver well then Im fucked!
What are smart contracts?
> people like me who are not genius computer hackers
Since when does not being fooled by a pajeet constitute being a genius computer hacker?

>my phone was hacked
Bro you're literally stacking the 40IQ evidence against yourself. I'm pretty sure this is troll bait, because no one is this much of a blithering moron.

ITT: cryptojews are being heartless and dishonest again. OP's case is a matter of legitimate concern, not a reason for ridicule.

No amount of security will prevent retards from getting phished

Nice phishing. Need bigger bait though

so in other news, that Russian made almost his yearly salary in just one day. Not bad for him.

Why does email spoofing exist?
Even I would fall for it.
If I got a mail from binance I too would panic.

OP is obviously LARPing nobody is this retarded and even in the rare scenario that they were, they surely wouldn't be retarded enough to try and pass the blame.
"Fuck off crypto needs way more regulation im not buying any until the government makes it safer for regular people like me who are not genius computer hackers"
0/10 low effort bait.

>im not buying any
We don't want you to buy. We already got your money into the market cap, now get the fuck out, retard.

We only need retards like you so we can rob you and get richer.

>im not a dumbass retard
hmm...

Oldest phishing trick in the book and OP feel for it.

The worst part is this is probably true for someone somewhere.

WOW

Holy Shit people really fall for that !!??

This is a fair point desu.

>bank account gets hacked
>all the transactions get revered, lose nothing, not worth mentioning to anyone

>wallet gets hacked
>transactions are irreversible, declare bankruptcy, Veeky Forums laughs at you

That's because the money in the bank technically isn't under your possession, you're loaning it to the bank. Therefore it's in their interest to take care of it.

You possess your crypto, the onus is on you to take care of it.

Checked your trips.

It's not a perfect comparison. With a bank, they have your social security number and a ton of other info on you. They can use a slew of fraud detection protocols to verify that you got fucked over. There's a second layer of security beyond your online banking password. We don't have that in crypto. So how do we ensure that it's YOU on the other end and not a scammer? Have a second layer of security just like the banks. That's what 2FA is. They could get your password, but Russian scammers can't take your phone from you. It's our version of 2nd layer security. And OP turned his off. It's the equivalent of OP going to his bank and removing all proof and evidence of his identity from the bank records. How would they prove he got scammed without that extra layer of security? He couldn't. Just like he couldn't when he removed his 2FA.

Guy, be honest here. The 2FA thing was retarded. However, how many of you would fall for changing a password if the email was from binance?

>doesn't look at the sender of the email
>doesn't go to binance manually
>doesn't even look at the link in the email
>removes 2FA without thinking about it
>"I'm not a dumbass guys, crypto is insecure!"
I really hope you're larping.

I definitely wouldn't click on any link in the email because I've been told multiple times not to do that.

email senders can be spoofed, fyi

>t. IRS

Not Op but this happened me twice with binance. Never got the email that said I needed to remove 2fa. Just saw the mail that said a login attempt was made.
Never happened with my buttrex account.
My guess is that they phish you when they already got your password and they get the password with a keylogger because after I started using a digital keyboard to type the password it never happened me again.
So.
Avoid browsing the web with the same computer you use to trade.
Always have 2fa on
Always backup the 2fa code in case your phone is kill
Never input your password with the physical keyboard..
Did I miss something?

What if the link was a binance.com?

No, because I'm not a retard. I'd go to binance.com myself, check the access history, and change the password there.
If you fall for this shit you don't deserve money, you are a sucker and a retard and only exist for others to prey upon you.

Pls send some ETH to this account to help OP

0x421fa9b88044e9668637eefe9921364421f7f4dd

100% real no fake

If Confido weren't a scam you could, indeed have your money back

my other points still stand

Phishing email have been here since the birth of the internet, people have had their identity stolen, credit cards rinsed, etc.
Just because it was your own fault it doesn't mean we need regulation and anyways how would that stop phishing scams since you will still click on the link and your login credentials will be stored.

There is a solution, just can't be assed to spoonfeed you