Stocks

im diversifying into stocks from crypto what should i look for in a company b4 investing

pussy

The IRONIC thing is everything with Blockchain or evolving around crypto mining is mooning...LOL. GTFOH of stocks. Buy a BITCOIN ETF lol.

Look into cannabis stocks.

what structurally about a company should i look at in order to figure out if its a wise investment

Try to find a company that hasn't already mooned and has a good logo that normies are going to love.

If you're looking for long term stocks look at the fundamentals. There's enough info about that on the net.
Buy stocks of companies that you think are healthy and are going to prosper. That's the Warren Buffet's philosophy.

You could either go with the Warren Buffet strategy of buying good stocks that you think are undervalued or buy stocks that you think will continue to grow and dominate their field.

nvidia

unironically yes.

NIGGER GET CRYPTO NOT STOCKS!
are you a fucking normie?

Make sure they have positive cash flows. Also, make sure they are showing some amount of revenue growth or dividends.

How would a stock be undervalued the stock price/dividend payments reflect the stock, explain m8

NFLX
AMZN
NVDA
AMD
NIKE

I would keep some in crypto and put into stocks when the market tanks a bit... Everything is at an all time high just wait a bit when stuff starts to drop.. then jump into some blue chips and depending on age/suitability do some risky stuff... weed stocks/phase 2 biotechs.. get a nice mix of both

Thank me later

phase 2 biotechs
wym phase 2 biotechs?

ATRA

Literally the easiest thing to do: buy SPY.

I made about $50k from buying it last year. It won't get you the most, but it's pretty safe and hardly goes down.

Pay attention to market cap relative to share price. Share price depends on the number of shares outstanding, such that the share price of one company may be dramatically different than another of the same size because of how many shares there are for each; more shares = smaller share price. To put it more simply:

Company A share price: $10
Company A market cap: $5 billion
Company B share price: $30
Company B market cap: $5 billion

Company B's share price is higher because it has fewer outstanding shares in the market. This is important as rookie investors routinely make the mistake of assuming Company A's share price is undervalued, that it could triple to match Company B's, when it reality the two companies are trading at essentially the same price.

Anyway. Read some books. Watch some youtube guides.

canadian blockchain tech, canadian airlines, aurora, canopy growth, netflix, spotify IPO, disney, starbux, spdr biotech, VOO

>im diversifying into stocks from crypto what should i look for in a company b4 investing

blockchain

Index funds. Get a Vanguard account (or Fidelity/Schwab). VFINX is the index fund that covers the S&P 500. You can start buying up VFINX once your account balance hits (IIRC) $3000. Lowest expense ratio in the game, and you're probably not going to get better returns over 30 years.

To put it in crypto terms, look at ETH vs. BTC. If you've assumed that ETH's price should, if it takes top spot over BTC at some point in future, rise to equal BTC's all time high of 20k per coin, you would be wrong. Because there is far more ETH on the market than there is BTC, an ETH trading at 20k would mean ETH has achieved a market cap far larger than BTC's ever reached (in the trillion range).

>you're probably not going to get better returns

anywhere else* (such as buying individual stocks). Index funds are a "buy it and forget it" type of game. Very reliable and pretty foolproof provided you don't withdraw until retirement.

Max out your traditional or roth IRAs each year ($5500) and your 401k ($18,000).

>aurora, canopy growth

If you're betting on the big Canadian weed growers, I think Aphria should be first choice among the three. More gains possible in short term. I would also recommend taking a close look at Cronos Group (MJN), which is a mid-cap with plenty of potential to compete with the big 3 in future.

So you left the herd of sheep and want to move into stocks. Well first thing you need to consider is that there are also bonds, commodities, options and dozens more. If you want to put any amount of money in the market and not lose it you are going to have to study the market for maybe a year and that's conservative as fuck. Some things you should do to learn about the market is read the news about different companies and watch those companies in the market. Read books, watch YouTube (Financial education, Martin Shkreli, ect) for "beginners" and learn how to read a balance sheet.
Tips:
1.Stay away from day trading
2.Penny stocks can be risky at the least
3.Buy low sell high
4.Emotions can be a killer
5.Never buy something just cause someone told you to
Hope this bit of info helps. Good luck!

thanks for the tip

So you "left" the sheep herd, cognates. I don't know what you know already or what funds you have, but their is a lot to learn and grow in.
First if you don't know much don't put you money in the market, I would hate for you to leave after your first trade. Learn as much as you can for about a year at the least. Follow the market, make predictions without betting on them and see if your right or not and find out why. Watch YouTube channels (Financial Education, Martin Shkreli or any channel that lives to its reputation), read books and read the news relating to the market.
Tips:
1.Buy low sell high
2.Learn to read a balance sheet/income statement
3.Day trading hardly works
4.Stay clear from penny stocks for now/ever
5.Don't buy something without looking into it
6.Don't put all your eggs in one basket (I see you have considered that)
7.Mabye look into bonds, commodities, options and more
8. Try to hold stocks for at least a month and up to however many years
9.If a stock you own goes down and you believe in it then buy more over time. Don't buy the stock once full blast usually
10. CRYPTO DOESNT WORK (jk. but for most crypto traders they don't know a single thing about investing and the only reason why it makes money over short periods of time is because it is being trading at higher velocities by traders like yourself which means its trading off futures which is never the best way to go)
Hope this helps! Good Luck!

thanks, very helpful

>Purchase Realty Income REIT (O)
>Receive dividends of .219c a share
>Roll that back into O
>Get monthly compound interest for life

4.85% Annual dividend yield. It's not great, but it's not bad either. Plugging this into a compund interest calculator gives you about 1M after 20 years so long as you keep contributing to the stock.

But will they every release Spotify IPO I have been waiting for a year or so. They said they would go public 2015. Ps. Most stocks you named off are overpriced and/or have little room to grow (besides Starbucks or something), I get your naming off blue chip stocks that are popular, but in this overpriced market you have a better chance investing in "smaller"/up and coming companies that have room to grow in a sort amount of time or are undervalued. If your buying big name brand stocks it better be undervalued for some once in a blue moon reasons (ex: WYNN not saying it will go up) or/and it should have some hefty dividends increasing your profits and backing the company up from any downfalls in the market.
I'm just board and want to talk about this type of stuff your entitled to what ever you think I'm just budding in

you seem to know alot about stock trading when youre researching a company what are you looking for in it?

>not shit advice
Holy shit, is this Veeky Forums? You'll want to diversify, but REITs aren't a bad idea.

People underestimate the importance of dividends.
Stay clear of weed stocks, IPOs, and other memes you generally hear on this board.

Buy something that was in business before your father was born and something that will still be in business after your son is dead. Look for healthy price per earning ratios, EBITDA per share, dividend payout ratio, major triggers, competitors. Work as much as you can and funnel as much money as you can into your portfolio as early as you can.

Take whatever money you have now and multiply it by 1,10^10, 1,10^30, 1,10^50, and you'll see that consistent capital gains outweigh everything else in this world.

I just love investing and sorts, by all means I'm not a professional of any sort (obviously) but if I can bring any help then I would be happy to pitch in. First when I'm looking into a company I try to make sure I understand the business that the potential stock is in and how the money is made and flaws that may add to any risk to my investment and I have to have a sort of understanding of what I am getting into. If I like the company and I think it is a legit business that has a market I look at what the financials of the company are (Balance Sheet) you can find this on the official SEC website to look at anything from quarterly earnings, how much they are growing, debt, cash, volume of shares and so much more I couldn't name them all. When I look at all the info I gather it all up and do a "equation" of Assets-Liabilities=Share holder equity or also known as book value. I check that for quarterly earnings for as much as I feel that makes me feel like I can continue in my research for the current investment and I just look for any downsides of what could happen to the company and such to average how much money I want to put in it (lets say it seems like a good investment) I then try to usually put a small investment in first see where it goes, if it goes down a bit no problem if I believe in it and I might put in a little more until it stabilizes and moves onto profits and growth.

Honestly I don't think this covers 1/4 of what happens when you are being as safe as possible when investing in stocks sot if you want a in depth detailed explanation of this then you can watch some YouTube vids and after doing it a few time you will get the hang of it. Ps. To calculate this stuff you can use a calculator of more easily use Microsoft excel or google sheets I suppose.
If you don't feel like it you don't have to take all these steps, I don't sometimes but if you don't want to lose money then take these precautions. NOT AN EXPERT, hope this helped.

Great formula for Financial Freedom!
I've been reading Money Master the game by Tony Robbins and that type of stuff plays a huge role in the book and he talks a lot about REIT's a fair amount. But in the end its all about that compounding!!!!

INMG is set to increase soon.

Elaborate?

>CRYPTO DOESNT WORK
fuck you too user

name a few crypto etf's worth checking if you know any, pretty please

what is a REIT and how is it profitable?

I have about 90% stocks and 10% crypto

25% bonds(short, medium, and long term, corporate, municipal, provincial, and federal)
25% US stocks leveraged 3x
15% Canadian stocks
5% REIT
15% international stock
15% Volatility derivatives for dat risk and reward(XIV)

thanks very helpful :)

In their latest news they teamed up with TMSI in kush processing. After the new broke out TMSI's stocks increased over 1600%, INMG's didn't really moved but that was because the reports didn't include that INMG was going to be running the project and collecting most of the revenue, plus INMG hardly has any debt compared to the millions TSMI owes. Once this news break out the stock should increase in the same way that that TSMI did and INMG is working on using cryptocurrency when buying weed.

why do people claim that bonds are shit?

A REIT (Real estate investment trust) is for lack of better words like a mutual fund that specializes in well..real estate and they happen to pay dividends witch is a amount of money that the stock you own gives you for the amount of shares you have either annually or quarterly.
Since real estate is something that has little risk it might be a good investment to put in your portfolio (not all your money bit some)
That's how I kinda look at it I guess.
Hope it helped.

Phase II clinical trials evaluate the new drugs, the safety of said treatments and dosage specifications. Also they usually research patients with such condition the drug is trying to help..

My portfolio has different stocks anywhere from tech to weed to bio tech to telecom etc. (diversify).. depending on your risk tolerance maybe look into some promising bio techs that are in phase two. i like to look at the drug theyre testing and see if there is an actual need and if it seems promising. if it passes phase two the stock usually shoots cause passing phase three is a lot easier than phase two.. again i would have a mix of stocks.. desu i think there will be a pull back and youll be able to get some good ass stocks for a discount.

BOTZ
ROBO
LIT

Hold for the next 10 years

Returns are lower than stock but it has much less volatility

>REIT
Short for real estate investment trust, and is basically a company that owns property and lends it out. For example, it may own the hospital buildings and rent them out to the hospital itself, or they can own malls, apartment complexes, police headquarters, you name it..

They have to pay something like 90% out as dividends, and are therefore highly leveraged. Because of their high loans they behave a certain way when interest rates change

>25% bonds
>15% VIX
lmao

Debt isn't always bad
When you have debt you have to look at the interest rate that company has on its loans and if its long term or short term
ps. from what I see IMGN has 225 million in debt (maybe not a bad thing)
I was just curious about what IMGN is all about :P

Because they're boring. However, bonds are really only for really fucking rich people, or people closing in on retirement age and need to lower the fluctuations in their portfolio.

Martin Shkreli has done a series of youtube videos about investing. It's geared towards fund managers, but it's still very informative. First video is about fundamental analysis I think

Martin Shkreli is the MAN.
As a beginner you never know who to listen to and the few rich guys that you know you should listen to only make books, TED talks and some interviews with all the same questions, but never a in depth tutorial if you will about how to calculate S/E or what programs to use and tips that a actual millionaire uses. He is probably the best person to watch on youtube and know it is liget because he is the living proof.

im reading the intelligent investor ( the revised version) is that a good beginner book?

Too bad he hasn't posted in 4 months :(

That is one of the first books I've read already and honestly its kind of hard to understand as a beginner and I didn't get as much from it as I would if I would have read some lower level books first.

ah what would you recommend ?

Look at putting some in index funds. You'll find you have reliable, solid growth without the gambling bullshit of the stock market.
Seriously, you'll find it hard to outdo an index fund by picking and choosing.

Are you looking into investing, if so do you have a type, finacial freedom, a job on "wall street" or something else? If you narrow down what your looking for I could give a recomendation.

a job on "wall street"

i cannot understand why vnq will not fucking rise. literally every article suggests rental units commercial, residential, and storage are stable and increasing, i know rates havent decreased in literally any city.

why the fucking fuck wont it rise

Market is at its highest returns this year, why would you invest in something that is practically at its peak in this time. I definitely agree it can be a lot safer then any stock and/or out preform some but I don't think its the best choice to buy high and sell low.

At least with stocks you can get in and out quickly with greater returns and pick/choose what you want to invest in specifically.

V, MA, RRR. everything a growing boy needs

Well I could use a book recommendation on that as well. After finishing my next book I'm going to be looking for the same thing. But if it helps any just google best books for what ever job you want. Like for me it would be hedge funds or something of that sort.
Sorry I couldn't help, that was like the only one I couldn't add something too

I'm more of the "Leave it alone over 20 years" type, not the daytrader sort. with Trump at the helm for the foreseeable future it'll keep going up.
Playing it safe with no actual effort is the patrician way.

i also just ordered The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns (Little Books. Big Profits) have you heard anything about this book?

GBTC
pot stocks
Stocks that benefit from crypto

ur stupid tho, you should be 50/50 stocks crypto now unless you suck at buying decent crypto to HODL.

Take a look at their finances or some of there conference calls. I don't know that much about that particular stock but their may be an issue in management, funds, inventory or anything that may be holding them back potentially.

Fair enough.
I think that your strategy will most likely work and even more so if your in the long run (best way), but as long as you diversify and compound you will be golden.

That's basically the idea. Invest in as much different stuff as possible, keep it feeding itself, and buy a Ferrari when I retire.

I only know the author (john bogle) is a successful businessman who helped make the vanguard group/CEO
Seems like a good source of investing knowledge

ah great so you think for me as an absolute beginner it will be decent?

Buy Ford (F) its undervalued

I have never read it, but like I said the author has "proven" that he knows what he is talking about and has the qualifications to write an investing book

thanks for the advice ill give it a read i personally find the intelligent investor hard to follow

Anyways im starting out reading
The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing now because i need a solid base for investing generally

Would add Wynn LTD to that list and GE if it goes below 10-12

Long-term call options on gold/silver mining companies: AUY SSRM AG JNUG

Low debt/equity ratio compared to industry peers.

this
buy aphria
hold canopy
sell aurora

i wouldn't buy LIT, they hold too much Tesla stock
go look into their holdings instead and buy individual stocks you like

>Stay clear of weed stocks, IPOs, and other memes you generally hear on this board.

meme bubbles are great if you get in on them early enough, I made a killing on weed stocks in the last few months.

stocks are the new getting interest from a savings account grandpa

audible kek

>crypto
>not normie