Can we have a general career/non crypto thread?

Can we have a general career/non crypto thread?

> Age
> College major if any
> Current job and salary
> Ideal job / career goal

>26
>chem/pharm
>pharmacist/$140k
>personal trainer

MIS
still in college
Wouldn’t mind any big tech company or working on blockchain in general

> 30
> Master in Business/Management, meme PhD (humanities)
> Currently Post-doc researching/teaching
> 48k
> I complement primary income freelancing with coding/machine learning jobs
> extra 30k

Supporting wife + small kid in a high cost of living environment, so not much to save at the end of the month. Working the two jobs is super stressful and it's taken a toll on my health.
Wife won't get back to work for another year or so.

I got an offer from a small start-up in Europe that would pay 50~60k euros/y. I'm tempted to take the job and switch to an IT career, but I'm worried about getting JUST'd in the future. I have no CS degree (self-taught for programming, did some math & stats in college before I switched to a meme major) so I'm not sure I could find another job easily if the company ever went under...

I'm terrible with money and anything business related in general. Any advice is welcome

>29
>3D art
>cashier at shitbox convenience store (19k per year)
>animated movies/stop motion animation movie producer
Pic related, some of my art that I never will be paid for

That’s nice user I like it

> 23
> Industrial Engineering
> Logistics 60k
> Entrepreneur

Why be a personal trainer? Definitely not for the money, I hope...

>25
>PhD, Maths
>Quant Anyalyst, $310,000 + bonuses
>Nothing

fuck off with these blatant doxing/datamining threads you fucking corporate marketing whore faggot

Ty user, I hope some studio buys my stories and I make it big someday :..)

>Age: 33
>Major: IT
>Job: Infosec
>Salary: 97k
>Goal: NEET (srs)

>18
>None
>None
>None
Livin the dream

>30
>soon to be ECE major
>bum
>code monkey for minimum wage

>pls kill me

You sure are. See:

Top kek

College Major: Econ
Job: Pharma Rep, 52k+30k commission
Ideal job: NEET/ travel world, fuck roasties, learn coding and Spanish and Italian

Do you at least read books or have a future goal? Maybe own a restaurant or strip club in the future with your gains?
(Not that I think LINK is going anywhere, but wishing you luck)

Major: like I even went to college
Job: Cloud engineer
Salary: 115k
Goal: make it

I want a trap gf

Finance & Banking
Collect 8.4k in rent every month
Make several million in cryptos

So, no real goals then... Just pumping a bootyhole and dying of aids...
Nice!

Law
Criminal defense or constitutional lawyer desu senpai

How did you get to your current position without a degree?

>22
>Math, not done yet though
>N/A, carpenter sometimes though

Being a paid maths research would be comfy, or a programmer. But ofc the best life would be that of a NEET crypto trader.

Do you generate returns within the hundreds of percent a year to warrant such salaries?

Or, do you provide rich backers with reasonably high, low risk, consistent returns, allowing them to provide you with that sort of money?

Dropped out of college
Run a private crypto fund with $600k in it (I get 15% of profits)
^Already living it

-Accounting
-Controller
-Moon, brah. Where we made it.

I'm assuming you work at either a quant based/hft arbitrage sort of fund.

>22
>Environmental Management
>I'm a valet lmao
>I really just want a small farm and to own a laundromat or some other small business that can end up running itself

Certs.

Take it from an user that has a degree AND WORKS FOR FUCKING $10 AN HOUR ANSWERING PHONES FFS FUCK THIS GOD DAMN JOB MARKET.

I'm currently going to get 3 certs this year - straight beast mode.

Cause fck em'. Been sucking employer's dicks for to many years. Time to turn the tables.

are you that one gook with the youtube channel?

>29
>college drop out, had big plans of being a movie director but...that didn't work out
>software engineer $120k lul, live in SF so the writing was on the wall pretty early that I needed to learn to program to avoid being a KFC wagecuck for the rest of my life. Taught myself javascript and bullshitted my way to a decent job.
>trying to be a crypto millionaire and retire by 35. I don't have lofty financial goals so I wouldn't need much to make this happen.

pharmacists dont make 140k lmfao

I have 30k link

No.

What coins should I buy?

>> Age
>> College major if any
Mechanical Engineer
>> Current job and salary
PhD student, $34000
>> Ideal job / career goal
Quant

-Electrical Engineering with a minor in Mathmatics(student)
-Warehouse manager an my uncles carpet store
-Market farmer, string instrument builder, Local power distribution

This is my final semester, I have a good GPA, I'm the president of the Chess and Garden club, I'm a rare non autistic EE major, and Im hard working.
I have no idea how to get a career that isn't in the city. I live north of Portland and do not want to try to cross those fucking bridges for 2 hours every day at a snails pace. I'd prefer a lower salary than having to leave the country and all of my hobbies.
What do? Am I even on the right path? All I want to do is use my talent at buildings and designing in order to make things for people I care about in a community.

stfu

>29
>BS in comp sci
>software developer freelancer (from home), make $19k
>NEET

I heard certs expire faster than you can get them...
Is your degree in CS ?

You're squandering your potential. But do whatever makes you happy user.

Masters finance/econ student (thesis on crypto)

None, banking internship atm $20 an hour after tax tho

Ideal career likely in politics or entrepreneurship. Have been president of university's commerce society and dep head boy of my school in the past, would be nice to have that translate to a leadership role. Working at a bank sucks so far, seems to suck the life out of people. Same conversations day in and day out.. Might make decent money but I'd much rather do something I enjoy or be in control of my own time. Regardless, hopes are high for the future.

N/A
Fast food, 12k yearly
Law enforcement or air force or some shit

> Age
> College major if any
Software Engineering
> Current job and salary
Entrepreneur, 50k last year(not including crypto, after taxes)
Serial entrepreneur. I want to do more than I already do but I just don't know what yet. I feel like I've exhausted all of my potential revenue streams or are currrntly using them up.

Any ideas Veeky Forums?

law
lawyer
strip club or brothel owner

Wanna start some crypto-related startup?

> multilingual text mining based predictions ( most stuff has basic sentiment analysis for english, we could use better algorithm + chinese/korean/japanese)
> New shitcoin
> Arbitrage pooling for poorfags (people subscribe we use the money for automated arbitrage between exchanges and give back a percentage)

Here's all I have atm

all in xby

free yourself from the wagecucking

>27
>english
>marketing
>musician

yeah I'm gonna kill myself

forgot salary is 45k

most of us are either going to make it in crypto or kill ourselves, probably kill ourselves

>25
>double majored in chem/psychology
>daytrader, 300k/yr
>investor, 6m/yr

148064.85 zimbabwe dollars?

> Age
> College major if any
just dropped out cause failing
> Current job and salary
living with parents
HODL crypto for the next 10 years and hope to fuck it works out. if not overdose on cocaine

>19
>Electrical engineer
>No job
>100k? dunno what to aim for

Honestly dont know what the fuck im doing with my ee degree. but i hear it pays good and i do pretty decent on the school work so yeah. send tips about eepls

I don't see how I'd be squandering my potential.

What more can I do than find what gives me a strong passion, and make a good home to have a family.

I'm just so lost trying to figure out what I want to do for work. I don't have any men in my life to ask advise too, and I feel like I'm running out of time to decide.

how do you already have a degree at 19? da fuq

> I want to do more than I already do but I just don't know what yet.
- start a crypto exchange
- work in VR
- cloud computing
aren't these the fastest growing industries besides marijuana business?

He doesn't work for shit the meme response to these threads is always to claim:

MATH PHD
800K starting wherever I want
HURRRR

In reality everyone knows math phds are just jerkoffs lazyboi fags too deluded to get a real degree like CS, Physics, IEOR, etc.

(please, tell me how your differentiable manifolds knowledge help you trade @ your quant fund, mmm, yes, Ray Dalio is definitely the top fund manager because he's a math wiz, I'm sure you work for Simons @ Rentech anyway, mmm, yesss, right..)

Oh :(

>Ideal job: NEET/ travel world, fuck roasties, learn coding
my fucking nibba

What school?

>18
>chemical engineer school
>0
>do nothing and just live with crypto and other investment gains

>21
>International finance and trade
>None , 3k pocket money/month
>Doing family business retire at 40

Only dumb people say that.

And yes.

business econ major/doped out
coffee shop administrative financial manager
15/hr 40-50 hrs week
no dream job.. build assets i guess. live off of passive income

Bachelor Computer Science
Software Engineer with a big bank, $125kAUD + bonus
pretty happy atm, not looking to move into management or anything.

Also married, no kids, hot wife (also with good job) is the place to be my dudes.

That is a cringe inducing pic if I've ever seen one.

Also certs aren't worth shit, they are for pajeets. Just be good at what you do. If not on the job, work on projects / github contributions / startup weekends

Major: CS & IT
Job: Pen Testing/Infosec
Salary: 118k
Goal: idk just riding this shit out for a while

None.
pie factory worker casual. 30-40k a year
be rich from crypto and retire early

> Certs for street shitters
> Same street shitters taking your job

Look faggot. The common hr lady doesn't even know what GitHub is. When being interviewed, you're talking to someone that's worried about the next episode of super natural and could give two fucks about your GitHub projects. What they're looking for is what the head of it says they're looking for - certs and degree.
Cause certs and degree means you have a passion and aren't some kid that can shill out a python hello world or setup a WordPress website with nulled plugins.

For the majority of companies, a degree will land you an interview and certs will get you a job. It's the way things are going. Either get with the program or continue making fun of street shitters taking your jobs.

Also it's kinda funny shilling out how you've setup a lamp server on centos to one of those hr ladies. Gets me everytime - deer in the headlights.

What are some valuable certs to get in your opinion ?
Also are online certs (coursera type of stuff) worth anything on a resume ?

Head Chef at Wendy’s

14.00 an hour. Onion scented clothes.

I want to invest in marijuana businesses. Some kind of satisfying work in that industry.

Honestly 400k would be hugely life changing for me.

Bachelor of science in nursing

Currently do travel nurse contracts for about $2000/week usually

Ideal job is what I have now for the moment, I get to travel to badass cities and get paid nicely for it

Looks like there's heaps of devs in this thread.

Currently in 2nd year of CS degree, Have the next 1 month off work and Uni. Recommend me languages to learn for freelance work/generally good projects?

History
Mailman/60k
Pot farmer

CompTIA

top kek

poorfag, unironically you're best option is to kys and re roll for better char stats next time

Buy XRP. The banks/government/corporations are going to win.

As far as IT goes, just go on dice.com and look at what is available and what it pays. To become better with money, tell your wife NOT to go back to work, and then find it within yourself to earn whatever is necessary to provide for your wife and as many children as she wants to have. Hopefully the experience of being poor has made you more frugal and better at budgeting and saving.

No degree, went to school for Environmental Science (to be a forest ranger)
Telecom Sales, 40-50k/year
Ideally have enough money in safe/conservative investments to live off interest, so a few million.

Don't listen to that knave. Get a real man's cert: Cisco, VMWare, SCCM, Exchange, Citrix, Azure, AWS, Red Hat, Oracle, etc.

Why cause 10k for each one of your spins around the sun?

Tradeschool for a couple years, 3 months at a time spread out over the course of 5 years with 9000 hours of work in between.

Electrician (Canada) 105kCAD plus benefits, RRSP (401k) contributions, and a pension plan ( with option to cash out early. Not fucking doing this til I'm 60)

I have the ability to achieve my masters license in about a year from now, which allows me to open my own business, so that's on the horizon.

By terrible with money / business I meant earning it or asking for it in negotiations.

Otherwise we're very frugal and save what we can. We have no debt. We just happen to live in one of the most expensive cities in the US, although we're moving out soon.

I don't see why my wife shouldn't go back to work, what's the point is us not having a double income?

These all sounds like network/cloud type of certs. Is there anything for coding ?

Are network jobs better than dev jobs? In terms of salary & long-term job security.

I don't mind doing either as long as I get paid, but if I had a choice, I'd rather be pissing out Python or Java code.

> 20
> Currently studying architecture, 3rd year
> N/A
> Creating and growing an architecture firm

I want to create a firm with the crypto gains, but I'm far from making it

Meth dealer

What field is the startup in? What country is it based in? Many euro countries have eye-watering income tax rates.

>26
>4x high school dropout
>marketing manager and 40k per year in a country where 12k per year is the official average
>run my own marketing agency, make at least 25k per year and just live a chill life and move from western europe to asia

It is weird seeing so many of you young guys into crypto. You were 10-12 years old when I first heard about BTC. You don't even remember the 2013 bubbles because you were like 15. It never quite occurred to me that this is who I'm in the market with. Allot of you are probably invested in crypto before stocks.

>tfw killed a thread. oh well. why is btc bleeding. fucking tether fud