Be me in 2011

>Be me in 2011
>Hear about the Silk Road, the eBay of drugs
>Generate a cyber wallet with "Mount Gox" using the Onion Network (I am a computer genius)
>Go to THE BANK and interact with a REAL HUMAN and wire money to an apparently still irradiated JAPAN
>Go home
>Wait
>Refresh my Tamogatchi wallet
>Wow 80 BTC appeared
>Pearl Harbor is forgiven
>Buy $250 worth of drugs
>Ask mailman if he's a cop
>Spring break is fun

I'll never forget the time I did a million dollars worth of drugs. also, early days of crypto stories

>2011
>hey bud bitcoin
>let's both put in $150
and then i partied and forgot to
it will haunt me forever

You would have lost it all in Mt Gox anyways.

OP this is nu-biz. all the old money has moved on from this shithole.

Literally 99% of people upset about not buying BTC before 2014 are idiots because they don't realise they almost certainly would have sold during the crash from 1k to 300. Imagine going from having 200k (200 BTC) to a mere 60k, you'd freak out. The only thing to really regret is:

A) Not buying BTC @ ~500 USD over the last 3 years
B) Not buying ETH @ 10 USD literally one year ago today.

Eth is a far bigger regret, 100x in a single year, plus with the hindsight of BTC would have been a lot easier to hold.

or the FBI would have gotten it since I had to send it to a SR wallet in order to do business there.

tfw over a million dollars in bitcoin i bought and sent over silk road for DMT and xanax
I was too retarded to ever buy it and hold it, I don't know why I never did. I feel like a retard.

i unironically believe OMG is the next ETH

Man I was just looking at coinmarketcap and saw ETH under a dollar and I was like yeah I'm pretty sure this will go to 1k.

>Try to figure out how to buy crypto
>Ask a guy on a forum
>Gives me this huge technical story
>I get confused
>I struggle a little more
>I gave up
>I forget
>;August 2017
>Oh wtf.. ETH is 300$
>Decide its time to get over my mental barrier
>put in 200$
>Now sitting on 25k
>Still beats having done nothing

>early days of crypto stories
i remember shitposting on the SA forums around 2010-2011 about buttcoins and etc and i bought 420 from a guy who mined them by buying him a custom title, platinum, and archives, just to say "lol i have 420 buttcoins" and then i went to college and my dad wiped the hard drive and threw the computer away later and now they're gone. i want to die

same but there will probably be another Mt. Gox size crash that I'll have to mentally prepare for

Hahahahahaha

Nothing personal kid...but while you were out defiling your want and chasing vanity, I was mastering the blockchain. Now that the world is on fire and barbarians are at the gates, you want my help?

Kek if bitcoin ever hits one million dollars each you would have done almost 100 million dollars worth of drugs

> sometime 2012
> be poor as fuck after graduating and on the sickness benefit with chronic fatigue syndrome
> had BTC on my radar for a while now and decide to FOMO in
> buy $100 of Linden Dollars with my almost maxed out $500 limit credit card
> trade for 14 BTC on VirWox, paying a pretty big margin over the $5 spot price
> read about the Ethereum ICO and really liked it but ended up sleeping on it
> hold through everything, gradually learning more and start trading alts mid-2017
> now have 50 BTC of comfy alts (XTZ/LINK/XRB/misc.)

I hope that guy enjoyed his Linden Dollars

I 100% would have panic sold during a crash, or lost it in the Mt. Gox exit, or gotten JUST'd by the FBI Honeypot Brigade. shit, I bought Antshares at $8 and sold it at $10 after the first crash.

still shooting for $1MM in the next 2 years though. wish me luck fags.

do you remember all the BUTTCOIN threads in yospos?

can you imagine how sad they are right now? if they had spent the same amount of time as they did laughing at stupid ron paul purestrain libertarian fags working minimum wage jobs and buying BTC they would be mega-millionaires

Everything I remember about SA is narcissistic people ironically shitposting about being better than everyone else in some way

will it ever get past 20k?

>do you remember all the BUTTCOIN threads in yospos?
yeah there and there was some talk in lf and ycs.

>be broke high schooler in 2014
>mine 20 dollars worth of BTC with my radeon 5850
>some guy is selling baklava for bitcoins
>why the fuck not
>I'm like .1 bitcoin short of the price
>forget about it
>a few months later it is worth 400 USD
it basically paid for the GPU I used to mine it, good deal

>reading slashdot in 2009/2010
>NEW CYBER CURRENCY CREATED
>haha stupid fags no ones gonna use that shit
>2017
>bitcoin hits $25k USD

>discover BTC in 2013
>try to mine with my shitty Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
>oh look, 0.00001 BTC per day
>fuck this shit

Fuck, why couldn't I have been a computer geek in high school? I would have probably discovered BTC in 2010, just as I was graduating... And probably would have lost it all in a hard drive crash.

>told my friend an ounce shouldn't cost $480 for weed
>tell friend about silkroad
>friend asks if he can buy and have the weed shipped to me

yum $500,000 weed

>transfer my btc to btce to buy ltc
>too confusing
>transfer btc back to wallet

I was trying to buy LTC at 7 cents.

i hear Binance is going to list BitKush next week ECKSDEEEEEEE

are you me? i still remeber the first time i went to the bank to wire my money to gox and the indian bank teller told me i was getting nigerian princed. bought acid from jesusofrave or something

That's hilarious.

>discover LTC early 2013
>consider buying 10000 at the price of 0.3$
>too lazy to deal with the shitty exchange

"Is this the correct account number?"

"Am I being detained?"