Holding

Who else here feeling like a brainlet for holding and never actually taking profits?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoin.tax
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>falling for the cash out meme

Oh I'm still getting my lambo, but I'm buying it with ETH

Literally everyone is talking about BZC right now faggot.

At least take your initial investment if you haven't already, felt good to know that even if everything crashed, that at least i didn't lose any money on it

me, i have no idea when to take profits

I would but I don’t want to deal with the tax bullshit

Tbh it’s all but impossible to call the top, it’s more likely that you cash out, hoping to buy back at a lower price, only to see later that it was a bear trap. All you can really do is take your initial investment out. I would also say, that if you get the chance to pull out life-changing profits..do it. You don’t want to have the opportunity to become debt free, or otherwise make your life better, and then watch it disappear when the market goes down.

This desu

Anons, please tell me you're not serious. You realize you have to pay taxes even if you didn't cash out, right?

How the fuck should anybody ever know unless he cashes out you brainlet. Besides what is going to pay the taxes with? Do governments take shitcoins? No? Then fuck off.

fuck yeah I regret not taking profits
and you dont even have to go into fiat desu
if a shitcoin goes up a bazillion percent in no time, then its wise to take out 10, 20, 30% and put it into your long term holds. because these shitcoins will bleed out at some point.
also if some garbage coin goes up 100% in a day, now I take out half and just let the rest ride. you might lose out on profits that way but I lost WAY more holding on too long to shitcoins that bled out after their pump.
my longterm holds I dont care about price fluctuations and I dont take profits before they hit a certain price target. or I wanna accumulate them for staking/nodes so I dont care about the price all that much.

Reporting in user. Went from 5k to 50k without taking profits and now im at 26k.

Me... I guess
when the market was at ATH I should have tethered everything...

Deep Brain didn't sell at .50 cents
Wax didn't sell at near 3 dollars
UFR didn't sell near 3 dollars

Conversely sold WTC at near 28 dollars and the shit mooned in the bear market, taking profits like they say...

I'm cursed

Anons, please tell me you're not serious. You realize you are retarded, right?

This. I can't take this 'but it could've gone up even more!' seriously. If your coin goes up 50% in a day and gets stopped by a sell wall, just fucking get rid of your coins instantly. It will either
a) Go down immediately
b) Get stopped by a sell wall in the future and crash down again
Yes, it might've gone up even more. But it doesn't matter if you miss those next 5%, 10% or 20% profits if you already made 50%. Just sell. You can buy back later after the crash and have more coins than before. You shouldn't try to time the top, it doesn't work. But you can absolutely take profit and don't need to feel bad when it goes up even more. It'll come down in 99% of cases.

You would have to cash out enough to pay the taxes, fucktard.

It's cool bros, I'm not the one who's gonna get audited and charged massive fees for not paying my shit when I should have.

Good luck, brainlets.

share some of your long term holds, I'll pump them for you.

According to the law in US, Germany and other countries he is correct. Even if you don't cash out you have to pay taxes on every trade. Of course you don't have to, but once you do decide to cash out pray to god nobody audits you.

This assumes that governments are rational actors. They are not.

As a newbie, this is the mistake I keep making over and fucking over. I get scared to take profits because something I'm holding is skyrocketing. I wait and wait and then boom, it goes way down.

I am a small fish so a while back I missed out on nearly $2k in profit, ended up with about $500.

this!

Sorry anons i dont like sharing my money with the government, I'll mever cash out I'll wait untill crypto becomes mainstream to pay with it and good luck on the jews reading my mind to find my monero private keys

Im glad you fags enjoy my post. Its a shame that basic trading strategy like this never gets discussed here on biz. Instead you got a bunch of retards shilling you into coins at ATH, fudding you out of them at the low and laughing at you all along the way.

Maybe I will take the time and write some crypto trading 101 for biz at some point. I had to learn this all the hard way and had to piece together the strategy from a bunch of youtubefags and traders on twitter. We should all be making money in this not fucking each other over for pocket change!

>cashing out
Kys faggot

I don't want to say this, but your post would be better suited to reddit at this point. Nobody here cares for quality content anymore. At least on reddit you'll get upvoted and people take you seriously.

I've taken 500k profit (pretax) feels good mayne, hope it gets back up to 20k so I can retire proper

you are probably right but I hate reddit and would rather take my information to the grave before I share with them.

>crypto becomes mainstream
>government introduces regulations
>they audit exchanges/coinbase to find the faggots who are trying to hide their money.

Good luck bro. Doesn't matter if you hide it in a wallet, they'll see how much you were trading on the exchanges. You're fucked either way. Might as well just do it the legit way so you don't have to worry.

bitcoin.tax automates the process for you.

Wtf are you talking about? In my country it's not like that. Only pay taxes when you cash out retard. Don't say everyone needs to do that.

No only you and other brainlets