Chinks pump out custom-made ASICs and sell them for 100x their cost of production

>chinks pump out custom-made ASICs and sell them for 100x their cost of production

Can you create your own ASIC if you're exceptionally adept at electronics? Is it even possible?

You can outsource most stuff. You need quality control, great sourcing, provide warranty, provide support. Need electrical engineering expertise and etc. If you are serious with this, start a business.

No, I don't mean creating ASICs to sell them, I mean actually using them yourself and mining coins

my friend bought antminers its cold af here so he has running it inside his room as heating lmao

yeah fuck all that
just slap something together as cheap as you can and sell it. let the big boys pay the price to make a quality product.

i want a shit product slapped together by some neet in his basement and i want it to be cheap as fuck. i can't afford "quality control, warranty, great sourcing, support" all that shit like doubles the price at least

Building an ASIC is not that easy. There are a lot of steps in the production cycle that are critical for the end product. If you make slight mistakes the whole batch of chips is ruined.

he makes custom asics

think about the engineering behind it carefully, and why Jihan has very little in terms of competition

Very possible, just need board schematics and an extruded aluminum case and some fans.

Cost of producing would most likely be like $10 a machine. Boards are incredibly cheap.

Time to chink the chinks. How can we reverse engineer antminer's pcbs?

Any anons want to help that have one.

Im a mechanical engineer. I can design the case and put fans and make a bill of materials so anyone can build.

If you have to ask, then no. You need a lot more than amatuer DIY skills, which i assume you have, to fabricate this yourself, and to set up a production line in even a small factory, will ad a lot to your expenses that would make the originals cheaper, unless you do this in a enormously scale. In the latter case, again, does not seems like you would ask Veeky Forums and be able to pull this of.

Common dude its literally just shit on a pcb. No harder than the production and qc that goes on embedded systems and raspberry pis. There is no magic. You can get pic machines to place components and test automatically

Again, pcb manufacturing is dirt cheap. You can get tons of boards for dollars.

The construction is nothing special either, hell it even has exposed wiring.

Is kodak making their own or rebranding chink miners?

Lets do this.

I guarantee you your paying jihan wu's hooker fund when you buy a $3000 asic in a cheap aluminum box.

We're not talking about assembling components on a board, we're talking about creating a custom ASIC/SoC. They are extremely complex projects.
Source: I work in that industry.

You have no clue about ASIC design.
Building a full custom ASIC is basically building a CPU from scratch. It's hard.

Yes the unit cost is very cheap but they have to offset the easily $500k+ tooling cost to create the masks etc for the asic

One design mistake and you are potentially 7 figures in the hole

user if you could compile that list i would love you
t. young kid who is trying to make it

My friend is an electrical engineer. Might ask him could he make them and i'd buy them off him to mine.

it could be done

dont chinks reverse engineer asics layer by layer?

Read my last posts, i did not say we should make a new asic from scratch, simply copy jihan wu's latest miner pcbs and just make them ourselves. Hence chink the chinks, copy the copiers.

If you know what components they use and what the pcb traces are it will be cheap to replicate, just draft that shit on eaglecad and get it out.

Hell, the chink manufacturers that pump out the boards for jihan would probably sell us the same shit direct for a small premium.

No company makes their pcb and solder shit in house.

the pcb is the easy part pic related is the hard part and not possible to make without billions in equipment

the asic itself can be reverse engineered with xrays and microscope imaging and tedious human verification. would be easier to just start fresh because it is is known hash algorithm with optimizations

also the only place to get asics made is foundries in china which requires you sending your schematics to them. those chinks WILL steal your design and sell it for half the price unless you have millions to waste on lawyers

Making custom dies is absurdly expensive, look into MOSIS. they do custom asics and multi-project wafers.

can't you technically do what a wafer does with a pcb though? Or a series of them? Or would that just get astronomically large?

Since heat is what kills these mining rigs eventually I've always wondered if a big, lower tech version might be doable and less sensitive

Are you retarded?

>what is latency
>what is heat produced by discrete components
>what is power consumption
>what is soldering billions of discrete transistors and other components onto a pcb area that would be measured by the acre
>what is the cost of all of those discrete components
>etc

Maybe a cluster of litle asics could do something, but using pcbs to replace asics is beyond retarded

>If you know what components they use and what the pcb traces are it will be cheap to replicate, just draft that shit on eaglecad and get it out.
They use THEIR OWN CHIP. You can't buy it. Do you get that?

yes we did that in the 60s

topkek

So, let's find out what supplier antminer is getting their asic chips made at and just buy them. The tooling already exists so we would be fine.

Th

>paid thousands for mech eng degree
>can build boxes

Yes, it can be done.

FPGA for prototype, then have some reliable Chink firm run the ASICS off for you off a private fab and assemble it all in house using a used parts placer, or go ghetto and build your own parts placer and flow bench.

Sauce, I used to operate a Samsung parts placer and flow oven for a major video card manufacturer back when we still made stuff in the US.

So it can be done, but the question is, is it worth your time and the initial investment?

Mineral oil immersion. It works excellent for heat dissipation without having to run ac lines or worry about condensation.

I am going to be buying an LS3+ in a few weeks. I can send you the manual and pictures if that will help. PM me on Discord if you want to @18lbcat

I paid nothing cause im smart and got scholarships.