Serious LINK thread. Shill me the token not the project

Please help a brainlet anons.
Ok so I fully understand why chainlink is a revolutionary project that will very likely succeed and get adopted by huge players.
This is easy.

What i do not understand however is the correlation mechanism between that success and REAL value of the LINK token. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist - I'm saying that I'm retarded and don't see it yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

btcmanager.com/swift-inks-agreement-csd-consortium-use-blockchain-technology-post-trade/
twitter.com/DiaryofaMadeMan/status/957517426635124736
youtube.com/watch?v=W27PnUuXR_A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Normies are literally going out of their ways to buy this shit. Get rekt, BZC is the only one they'll buy for fun.

????
what?
what is your question?

Link was a scheme conducted by pre-reddit Veeky Forums

You had to have 300 ETH min to get in on the ICO pre-sale so everyone pooled together their ETH and bought out all the tokens. They all dumped ages ago.

If you want a real oracle token buy mobius

What is the mechanism of correlation between LINK token sheer value and adoption of the chaiinlink project?

it's very simple
>you run a node
>you want to bid on assignments
>most good assgnments will recquire you to lock some of your LINKS as a collateral/penalty
>when you run a node you want to maximize your profits by taking on as many assignments as possible
>you're limited only by the amount of LINKS you'll have
>the more links the more assignments you can take

more links = more money

C O M P O U N D
I N T E R E S T

just like staking NEO gor Gas with the difference that with CL you have to do the actual work to earn something, that will create a huge demand for the tokens not only from speculators but also from future large node operators who'll join when everything is ready because they don't like any risky investments.

also there are some less important factors as for example the amount of LINKS you have is one of the factor deciding your node reputation

what?
chainlink network needs LINK to function
therefore LINK will have value
what is your problem

I was posting this fud before they built the first loo in your village.
>chainlink network needs LINK to function
I didn't quite get how that works but I do now thanks to Thanks anons

Is this a weird troll or are you literally the biggest brainlet

reminder that mobius is literally a pajeet coin with a white paper so full of holes it makes swiss cheese jealous. founder posts things like "get your space suits" and talks more about price than the actual tech. DYOR

Ugh. I’ll explain.

Smart contracts run on present day data. In order to run trustless (blockchain) smart contracts, you need an oracle. An Oracle is the protocol that takes off-chain data and “translates” it so that it can be used on-chain. This is your data input.

The reason this is still a weakness even using a blockchain is that the centralized oracle (one person or group controlled) that puts the data on-chain for smart contracts to run could do so with phony data and the smart contract is essentially useless if the present day data can just be faked.

That’s where the Chainlink network comes into play, in that it has a system of separate nodes which provide data in a decentralized way using a consensus model (decentralized oracles).

The LINK token is used to establish a free-floating market economy around the cost to provide this decentralized data for smart contracts with the most efficient market price (basic supply/demand, and because LINK tokens can be bought and sold 24/7, the market price adjusts automatically to what the cost to provide and consume the data is).

Therefore, if it works (all hail Sergey), companies will want to buy data from the decentralized oracle nodes so they can cut personnel and admin costs using smart contracts, and this will drive up demand for the token, thus driving up the price. This will not however affect the price of the cost for data in LINKS because the token can be fractionized as an ERC20 token. So the price for data might be 1 LINK, or say $1 at the time, then if the price increases to $2 the price for data stays at 1 LINK, but the actual cost is $2.

If I made a mistake someone please correct me.

Thanks for the knowledge. Give us your EOY price estimate for 2018 and 2019 if you wouldn't mind

$3-$10

IF it’s successful and there’s no major issues. There’s plenty of NEETs on here willing to provide nodes (I’m one as well) so I’m confident the network will establish itself quickly.

As the customer base grows by banks or other companies using smart contracts, then that’s where we’ll see the price singularity $25-$50+

Just a filthy newfag I guess. Started lurking when I saw the crash to jump on the opportunity.

This also provides an interesting question for, what will the market price of data be if the network works successfully? How much will data prices be driven down by competing nodes? Will it incentivize companies to buy up as much LINK as they can find because once they spend that for data the price to buy more LINK will be more expensive?

Idk, but it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

I might as well ask: How retarded am I?
I'm going to buy in when BTC falls below 10k
20% NEO
20% VEN
60% LINK

>price singularity
>$25-$50
Yeah, no. Think in hundreds, probably thousands.

I’m only talking about the first couple weeks after it’s been shown to work and every thread on biz is about link.

Once banks and institutions start jumping on board that’s when it could see even greater gains, but won’t be that first “singularity.”

It’ll also stabilize somewhere and see steady growth after that I think as more and more companies slowly jump on board.

fine holdings. prob a bit safe for some of biz's likings but don't fall for the fud. hold that shit till end of year you will be habby

> Think in hundreds, probably thousands.

Source of your confidence? Because shills brainwashed you or because you are an insider or because you are a shill and just make up some figures.

I am here stressing out, cos what if Sergey comes out of shadows and claims you need 10k/15k/25k/50k LINK to run a node?

Or it turns out that staking less than 50k LINK on your node gives you zero return?

That is why we accumulate.
LINK gonna be a money printing machine, but nobobdy knows, how much LINK you may need to make it. Ppl used to say it was 50k, now that there are literal pajeets with

btcmanager.com/swift-inks-agreement-csd-consortium-use-blockchain-technology-post-trade/

you technically don't need any link to run a node, go educate yourself before typing more bullshit

Someone started a Linkpool where people can come together and pool their link for whatever the threshold is and also to make it easy to stake your tokens.

I don’t have the link in front of me but they have a group on medium. Linkpool or something or other.

So even if you only have 100 link, and the minimum is 10k for a node, a pool will bring people together and combine their link for a node and just disperse the rewards proportionally. It’s a bunch of developers and they’re making it open source I think

WHAT that's awesome news

Ye, and everything written in a project's WP is set in stone and can't be changed. Crypto has never seen a project change its most basic principles since ICO.

So don't you type any bullshit. You know perfectly well, that industry investors might want to control all the nodes. If SSergey doesn't comply, they will adjust the amount of LINK in their nodes so that it meets perfectly with their demand.

This way your 1k node will be so far in queue it will never get any requests.

Ye, I seen that pool and even left my email at their site.
Still it would be much better to run your very own node instead of sharing part of your profit with pool owners

>when btc falls below 10k

>This way your 1k node will be so far in queue it will never get any requests.

it's gonna be driven by free market rules.
You can undercat someone's bid on any assignment. Thomas stated many times that the amount of LINKS you hold has little impact on your reputation. Stop spitting bullshit.

>hurr what if da banks ban us from running nodes
>hurr what if Sergey changes his mind
>hurr what if they create their own token

dude just sell all your LINKS and buy an even thicker tinfoil hat, I see no hope for you

OK, so you want to run a node with 1k
But the market has offers only for at least 7 days of requests and you need to lock in a 7 day worth of penalties beforehand.
And the penalty is 200 LINK.
So, you get fucked and your node receives zero requests.

Thinking LINK nodes give you money unconditionally is true delusion, cos we have not yet seen the ecosystem.

>sell all your LINKS
You dumb fuck, I have provided you the rationale behind my hoarding LINK.
If you believe 1k is enough to run a useful node, you hold onto 1k and think it is enough.
I have no idea, how much LINK is needed, so I want to amass as much as I can afford

That's why I grabbed 250k LINK. Just to be safe.

free market will dictate how everything works
If the amount of links someone has is not enough to bid on good assignments then he will either quit his business or buy more LINKS.

that's different from what you implied earlier that Sergey or someone will come out and say
>fuck off poorfags, get the fuck out of my network

So jelly
Has been buying it and trading since September and still got just >10k at an average of 19c

Sergey still can change the rules, if he just says "we tested it - didn't work, now you need over 9000 LINK to run a node"

>calling someone a brainlet
>posts thumbnail

yea, and Vitalik can say
>fuck you all I'm quitting, have fun improving scaling
like I said, adjust your tinfoil hat and stay deluded

It was actually a 7 ether purchase limit.

It was a 7 ether purchase limit but the tokens were released in batches. You could buy 7 ether for the first batch and 7 ether for the second batch and so on until the project was funded or the batches ran out.

So , you want me to believe LINK will be successful despite it being silent about devpt and months away from main net, but I am the deluded one. Nice

Sergey gave an update last month, they hired new people, work with big companies behind the scenes, everything is going well, what else updates do you want?
Do you need them to shitpost on twitter everyday the same shit like all those scams out there are posting to keep their dumb money happy?
>hi guys, we have some great announcement coming up!!!111111oneone stay tuned
then nothing happens, dumb money is getting impatient
>you guys, stay tuned please, a MINDBLOWING announcement will be announced, but we cannot announce it due to NDA about announcement
or skateboard level partnerships

I don't need you to believe anything that's why I advised you to market sell everything

Putting this here

Link is such stupid. Mobius very much better. Mobius already maked link lose large, idiot.

Is Mobius seriously paying pajeets to shill on Veeky Forums?

Lol, BTC isn't falling below 10k again in your lifetime user. Consolidation 11-15k before breakout to ATH 23k will be the next 13k consolidation congrats you played yourself

ha ha ha mobius better than link, market sell my link for mobius in instant, better try with much good team.

You are literally asking the horde of Pajeets here to scam you

You niggers are the dumbest fuckers ever. there are actually better coins out now than link, wanchain will replace link & will release news and partnership, by the time Sergay realises he's fucked he'll exit scam and biz will own all of link it will bleed to 10 cents & you all will be known as the biggest memes of the crypto boom where literally every shitcoin shittrader made 100x except stinky linkies, & you'll remember reading this post before you put the noose are your neck

GTFO pajeet, you shit on a street.

>$3-$10
>IF it’s successful and there’s no major issues.
lmao so in your hypothetical situation LINK becomes the first crypto ever to actually be used in the real world, and being used BIG TIME, and it only achieves a 1b-3,5b market cap. Meanwhile vaporware useless trash like TRON or ADA reach 20 billion.

absolutely ridiculous

Chainlink network will be a free market. You don't "NEED" any amount to run a node or stake on a contract. The contract's creator decides how much LINK he wants his contract to require. It could be as low as 10 link.

yes they paid me but who care? I would do the post even if they are giving none. I very much want my country coin to go big. Suggest me why that is such bad? I did not do a mistake.

Sorry man, you lack the talent for speaking like a true pajeet.

he's a pajeet

what does this mean?
why?

you made a mistake spoonfeeding retards

I think linkies started to fomo mobius
Maybe because fud link became boring

racist british

>they hired new people, work with big companies behind the scenes
source?

>$3-$10

damn, and you were sounding so intelligent there for a moment

this

LINK:

$70 EOY, $300 EOY 2019, $500 EOY 2020

SWIFT implementing CL means banks will own a very significant percentage of the tokens making them interested in Link having a high price.

It's subtle fud

read the last sergey's update on Medium
also Rory confirmed in slack that they hired 2 more devs full time and some other devs for specific tasks

T B H, mobius shill prevented me from buying the dip the other day.
While I was researching thei shit project partnering with Walton, I missed the yesterday's swing opportunity.

Well played, pajeets, you win this round

hmmm good point

thanks

your stupidity prevented you from swing trading, don't blame pajeet. fucking retard. if you're that easily bamboozled you deserve only the worst things in life.

Ian Balina sold all his tokens. Even the blacks dont want this shit coin. Sell now buy mobius. Thank you sir!

Proof: twitter.com/DiaryofaMadeMan/status/957517426635124736

Lol I'm glad

Who is the Dandy Man? The Congo subculture uncovered.
youtube.com/watch?v=W27PnUuXR_A

But what about the information that the companies want? I get that everyone can run a node, but how do you get information/data?

I unironically market dumped my stack of LINK yesterday and put it all into Mobius. I'm sorry but the lack of updates, developments, communication and quite frankly the tasteless overshilling of LINK around these parts has ruined my enthusiasm for it. I don't really think Sergey has his heart in Chainlink anymore. Something changed along the way, I can feel his enthusiasm for it waning similarly to how he left NXT like a thief in the night. He probably had a great time raising millions of dollars with the ICO and being a famous celebrity on biz, and I'm happy for him, I really am, but he lost his hunger for success along the way. The Bitcoin superconference will likely be a total shitshow. I've no doubt the price will dump within minutes of Sergey walking off stage. I really enjoyed holding LINK, it was a pretty cool bag to carry for a while, but Mobius is definitely the new wave of oracle tech and has the momentum/edge now.

What if link doesn't go into the hundreds or thousands?
If that happens we held all this time for nothing.

What's the advantage to running a node as opposed to just selling all of your link to a node operator?

Thanks just sold 100k buying Mobius and bitconnect

I shit in your mouth when your 10k link will buy you a McDonald's regular meal smelly nigger, even a scam coin like xvg gave holders 40x in the same time as holding link, useless meme coin KEKEKEKEKEK

it's like asking what's the advantage of renting your appartament to someone for passive income instead of selling it

I only need link to go to 19 or 20$ so I'm not worried about that. Even now, thinking of link at 20$ sounds cheap when coins like wtc get to 45$

It means Swift is growing more and more serious about adopting blockchain tech.
Also, in Swift's own press release about this, they quote one of the partners about how huge they think smart contracts are.

Finally over 10k LINKs
Feels super comfy
I would probably have grabbed it at a better price, if I waited, but I just needed to hold those 10k in my hands.

>This way your 1k node will be so far in queue it will never get any requests.
That makes as much sense as saying "you will never be able to buy a car if you can't afford a new Bentley".
It depends entirely on the contract.

There will be minor assignments and there will be major assignments; and everything in between.
In general, the big nodes won't bother with the minor assignments, and the little nodes won't bother with the big assignments.
There will be exceptions of course, like with the Link pools that are already being developed.

You'll never be satisfied. I've had 10k link for a while and it feels like i still have none.

>being this deluded

I think, you're right
I used to think my 3k LINK in September is a good investment and will make m rich
Than I spent my REQ gains to get to 8k LINK
Then a quick etheremon flip and I'm at 9k

Right before NY I failtraded that glorious stack many would have bought kneepads for down to 5500 LINK
And it took me a whole month to slowly and cautiously not just restore its previous glory, but even make it fatter and break

God, it feels good.
But you're right. It is never enough. It will take just 10 10% swings to go up to 20k LINK
Do we still have the time to do this?
I hope so