Remember to write down your 2FA code, if you haven't go do it RIGHT NOW

Remember to write down your 2FA code, if you haven't go do it RIGHT NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

technologyreview.com/s/609891/at-least-3-billion-computer-chips-have-the-spectre-security-hole/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectre_(security_vulnerability)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2FA? Is it listed on Binance?

Lost about a milli in lost opportunity due to this.

This is legitimately some of the best advice you can give newbies.

>Keeping anything on an exchange
>Not withdrawing immidietly to offline wallet

JUST

Is this the next ripple?

Thanks, just bought 20k

I did but then it changed like 10 seconds later, I keep writing them down but they keep changing. Do I just keep going until I have all of them?

You have to write down every 2FA code you have used to login, otherwise you won't be able to withdraw

LMAO, are there actually people who have NOT written it down?

Once you copypaste your private key or take a screenshot, it's completely vulnerable thanks to Intel.
Exchanges are the safest way to store your crypto, until the new CPU generation.

when should i buy in? is 120 sats too much??

>Exchanges are the safest way to store your crypto
lolwut?

How do you get the backup code from binance if you didnt write it down while enabling 2fa?

Did you miss the whole thing, where every smart device is now completely open to a simple javascript and there is no way to fix it, because it's a hardware hole?
If your private key has ever been copypasted or you have taken a screenshot, you are fucked.

Chance your CPU is a hot target: 0.000001%
Chance your exchange is a hot target: 99.999%

absolutely this

>Do I just keep going until I have all of them?
yers

>2FA code
what is this? Unironically. If you wanna help a newfag, here I am

disable 2fa on binance and enable it again but this time backup the code
do not remove it from google authenticator before you disable it on binance!
i repeat, disable it on binance first

Mainframe-grade CPUs are not affected, which is what the big exchanges are using. Itaniums and Opterons are safe.

>If you wanna help a newfag, here I am

post private key and walletid if you want help then you get biz starter pack

wrong

Look up the affected list. Only low-end Opterons and Xeons are affected. Mainframe CPUs aren't.
Which makes sense, the NSA wouldn't want to fuck with other government agencies and corporations.

>where every smart device is now completely open to a simple javascript and there is no way to fix it, because it's a hardware hole?
None that I heard of, but what does it have to do with 2FA?

>If your private key has ever been copypasted or you have taken a screenshot, you are fucked.
The word "private" suggests that you don't share your private key anywhere in the first place...

I have never been given a private key for my authenticator. Where do I see it

Everytime when they ask you to scan the barcode for the first time, there's a string of text underneath. That's the key you need to get in case you lose your phone or whatever.

If you missed it, disable 2FA, reenable it and backup the key this time.

>None that I heard of
technologyreview.com/s/609891/at-least-3-billion-computer-chips-have-the-spectre-security-hole/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectre_(security_vulnerability)
tl;dr NSA forced a hardware backdoor on every CPU since 2004 and someone found it.

>The word "private" suggests that you don't share your private key anywhere in the first place...
You don't have to share it. I can place a 4 line javascript on some webpage and it allows me to see everything in your RAM.

Okay, that's interesting, even though I can't yet figure how a javascript interpreter can reach beyond the memory designated by the browser. But what does it have to do with your strange statement "Exchanges are the safest way to store your crypto"? What can be safer than the paper wallet?

> But what does it have to do with your strange statement "Exchanges are the safest way to store your crypto"?
I'm taking about big exchanges. First, they are more secure due to using mainframe hardware, which is not affected and second there is no private key. So unless the whole exchange get hacked your exchange wallet is pretty safe.

>What can be safer than the paper wallet?
1. Most coins and tokens don't support paper wallets
2. A paper wallet is easy to damage or lose.
3. The only way to use a paper wallet safely is on a clean PC that has never seen Internet.

Thanks. Gave me a good laugh

What about Kucoin?

Exactly the same

t. just did it

Where can I buy 2FA?

>I'm taking about big exchanges. First, they are more secure due to using mainframe hardware, which is not affected and second there is no private key. So unless the whole exchange get hacked your exchange wallet is pretty safe.
I got your point now.

>3. The only way to use a paper wallet safely is on a clean PC that has never seen Internet.
I think you can run a piece of wallet generation code from a boot cd. Besides, you have hardware wallets (inb4 you say they have vulnerabilities too).

Every crypto I've encountered supports importing private keys. A paper wallet doesn't have to be paper you just generate an address on an airgapped pc and send funds to it.

If you want to transact use a wallet that allows saving tx to a file and load onto a connected node.

If there isnt tx to file just open a console on your wallet and importprivkey

This thread made me seriously consider getting a trezor even though I only have a few hundred in btc. Is it even worth it?

>(inb4 you say they have vulnerabilities too)
Not unless they use an ARM chip. The point is the machines you stick yourr hardware key into are vulnerable.

I have a safe machine (white macbook using a PowerPC CPU), but it's useless, because it almost fires itself trying to open mew.
I split my shit evenly between Binance, IDEX and Coinbase until the next CPU generation rolls out.

>a few hundred
>Is it even worth it?
No.

As a new trader, someone showed me this today and I'd thought I would share it

depends on what price you lock it in at

that's the first thing I do when I add a new 2fa, doesn't everybody do it?

low quality attempt at trolling or just a dumb faggot

Thanks user

Wow just sold everything at a slight loss. Feels bad but at least I won't end up losing everything.
Serves the racists on this board right that they'll lose all their money on this ponzy scheme.
I mean just look at h3h3's video about bitcoin connect.

Gonna do it tomorrow

What about sites where you use sms 2FA?

>I can place a 4 line javascript on some webpage and it allows me to see everything in your RAM.

then do it faggot, what are you waiting for

That's worse, because that doesn't protect you. Retarded phone companies like AT&T will happily give access to your phone number or send a new SIM with your number to anyone that asks nicely at the helpdesk.

Free tip: NEVER send Monero without a payment ID

Good advice OP. Just wrote mine down and put them in a fireproof safe.

Everyone should do this.

Use Authy

bump

Pump group with 40k members will be having a pump on Binance in at 7pm EST. You don't want to miss it!
www.discord gg/4gQsHam

yeah, that's what I thought too. Ever since that spectre shit I moved all my shitcoins to binance. At least they got 2fa and MEW can get hacked or phished

just die