tfw just went in my first computer science interview

> tfw just went in my first computer science interview
> was being interviewed by some 20 year old HR Stacy
> everything was going fine, I aced all the technical questions
> then she asked for my snapchat and instagram usernames
> told her I dont have a snapchat or instagram because I dont really like social media and find it a waste of my time
> she looked at me like I was autistic and started scribbling something down on her pad of paper

wtf? is this normal? its been two weeks and I havent gotten a call back for a second interview yet...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ULqAIbjCsXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not normal, not sure I believe you..what company

shh just buy more link user and it will be okay

should have just said "I dont' use either" and left her in the awkward silence at that, but we all know you're larping

>I dont have a snapchat or instagram
This is where you should have left it at.
>because I dont really like social media and find it a waste of my time
But no, you had to sperg out like a fucking autist. I wouldn't hire you either.

it sounds like she was asking you on a date cutie

>Apply for entry level positions
>Keep getting no responses
>Wtf is going on
>Ask a guy I know to check my CV and applications to see where I’m fucking up
>user you have to attach a profile photo of yourself or else no one will bother read what you send

Is this shit true? Do I have to attach a picture of myself on my CV and application

don't worry. They expect autistic in CS. Try to be more confident next time and look past Stacy like she doesn't really matter. Remember she's a nobody and she knows it. The best way is pretend that she's a stupid child.

its better than having a facebook page you havent updated since 2012

No, don’t do that. Learn how to make a better resume that’s clean and doesn’t look like the bullshit they teach you to do in college. Don’t use Microsoft word either, get a design program or trial.

If the company want your social media accounts they are probably full of shit, tell them to fuck off

This shit is not normal, email HR
Have a user resume I can look at?

don't waste your time on that shit. especially latex. some faggot will just reformat it to .docx anyway. use google docs instead.

I use latex and send it in .pdf format is this not standard?

This.

Pump group with 40k members will be having a pump on Binance in at 7pm EST. You don't want to miss it!
www.discord gg/4gQsHam

I was working on a project that required all contractors to hand over social media details so they can check we aren't shit talking the project (government infrastructure that has been copping a lot of heat in media, basically a fucking election make or break). I told them to fuck off and I can say whatever I want on social media and if they did anything about it I would sue them.
Was allowed to work on the project without giving them my details Lmao

It’s not about the formatting it’s about the design of the resume. Don’t make one that looks like pic related

This.

They know the CS people are above them and far more important and thus they are allowed to act like mentally ill know it alls. Don't give Stacy a mental edge, she will think she's above you and that destroys your chance at securing the position.

>I dont really like social media and find it a waste of my time
No, it's definitely no normal but you don't have to be autistic about it.
This.

You probably don't want to work there.

Find a professional working enviornment.

most HR troglodytes aren't even allowed to open pdfs

Thats too personal why would i ask u 4 dat shit

if you arent making 6 figures out of college with a cushy software engineering job then you're retarded

this is garbage, you could fit 2x the information on a single page and still have plenty of room to spare.

> Page 1/2
I could fit a entire resume in those margins

>woman

YOU should be the one to walk out. are u kidding me? you should've asked to be changed to a more qualified interviewer. dumbass.

probably didn't realize she was using a writing on pic related

ill put a donald duck photo always if a company asks for a photo. works erry time, gets stacys so confused

I seriously hate life. It's just continious suffering without any real reason.

Found the affirmative action loophole.

u done fucked up user. Shoulda showed her ur tinder.

kek'd

>mfw companies require you to use social media but dont realise how it affects concentration levels and makes people work less

kek, fuck them

By no means am I MGTOW or any of that garbage, but I have to say that letting women into jobs like HR happens to be one of the biggest reasons companies become uncomfortable to work at. They have no idea what they're looking for and shouldn't be doing the hiring. While I don't believe OP and think it's a larp, my last job became intolerable as all the good people were driven off by terrible new hires shoved into the flow and disrupting it.

She's just HR, not some fucking higher up
Look past her

I'd say that HR positions are actually best held by women. I'd also say that most HR bitches should be behind the reception desk of a hair dressers or small family practice.
HR is not there to make you feel welcome. They are there to make you feel on edge all the time so you do what your bosses want you to do.

I blew an interview once because my hand was shaking too much when I poured a cup of water for myself - caused by playing fighting games too much.

Fortunately, I found a higher paying job afterwards

Literally every time I'm asked for social media and I say I don't have one, it's met with responses of agreement and praise.

It's ok friend, it's all there is. Make the best of it.

>apply for first Electrical Engineering wage slave job after being a student for 4 years
>interviewed by a total milf
>big tits, tight clothes
>tfw I am knocking the interview out of the park
>user, how big is your dick?
>this will not affect you getting hired or not
>just go ahead and give me an estimate using your hands
>put hands roughly 6 inches apart
>milf starts frivolously writing down stuff on notepad, didn't write anything during the rest of the interview
>sorry user, I just don't think you are a good fit
How is shit like this legal?

wtf is latex lmao hahaha I just looked this shit up. This is some kind of retarded meme like prezi hahaha. No wonder you nerds can't get a job. hahaha

Yeah THAT would get him hired..

kek

This.
Stop thinking of the next set of chains you will be wearing and get some chainlinks instead. Then you won't need to do interviews with retarded thots.

Many companies have been corrupted by roasties. Especially HR

The good news is computer science is becoming more and more decentralized and more and more merit based.

You will find something user

its a womans world user.

>first time trying to get a security clearance
>they want a assload of references obviously
>have plenty of professional references so think nothing of it
>they ask for social references
>all I do is work, go to gym, video games/jerk off/sleep. Basically a straight up hikikomori aside from working/gym
>have to use family members who I haven't spoken to in years as social references despite not being allowed to use family members as references
>background investigator finds out I used relatives as social references and calls me in to explain myself
>spend 30 minutes awkwardly explaining my non existent social life while he stares at me
>probably lost the job

I just want to work and be left alone for you fucking faggots.

How do I stop them?

>social references as well as professional

But why?

Wow, nice Wojak man, mind if I save it?

To check my "character" or some shit. I thought it was redundant when professional references basically do that but apparently not.

You're supposed to give her your Snapchat and send her a dick pic you retard.

Welcome to the nu office, where being social and able to small talk and gossip with your retarded ass coworkers is more important than actually being intelligent. I hate working in an office. Wish I never would have even gone to school. Should have learned a trade.

Always fuck HR Stacies, they give you strategic information that is crucial to your career. They know everything about everyone. Also they are usually great in bed.

Who is more likely to sell government secrets to the Chinese?

>dumb social Chad who has tons of friends and fucks Stacy
>smart antisocial virgin who watches anime

Pretty much sums it up. Interview questions aren't about what you answer, they're about HOW you answer. OP sperged out like an autist, showing that he'd be an unstable problem in the workplace. This is actually a brilliant question to filter out people.

what kind of company would ask this

2/10 larp

>It
>being autistic

So you got the job I assume.

So they can be interviewed by trained interrogators to coax red flags about your past behaviors, find out if you’re a security risk. They also comb through your financial history thoroughly to find out if you could be a bribe risk. They’re fucking crazy. My wife holds a clearance and she got grilled because her neighbor was Iranian and once House-sat for her.

This is a LARP. OP is a faggot.

you did fine
being straightforward and honest is the key to success.
vid related. proper way to do an interview
youtube.com/watch?v=ULqAIbjCsXE

>Not making a fake FB account to shill yourself
Kys

Latex is meme speek for stem nerd

The only latex this virgin sees is the pussyfooting he does on his resume. Still rejected after all that effort user? Maybe you should kys

Dumb chad sells secrets since that how he pays to fuck stacy