I need investors, Veeky Forums, I've got a revolutionary new way to generate power. I call it the Moon Net...

I need investors, Veeky Forums, I've got a revolutionary new way to generate power. I call it the Moon Net. The basic idea is to hang a net from the moon, so that it will be dragged through the Ocean, thus spinning a bunch of turbines and generating massive amounts of free power.

Who's interested? I honestly think this could be huge. See pic related for more detail.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VkTRcTyDSyk
youtu.be/LMbI6sk-62E
gulfstreamturbine.com
youtube.com/watch?v=CCfU26fvSU0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice just bought 100k

Wouldn't it be easier to harness the power of the tide

The Moon Net is more efficient, since there's a physical connection to the turbines. No energy loss.

why do we need power on the moon user

Whens the ICO

I

I'm interested. But what happens too many people climb up the net because the moon cheese is super tasty and valuable? How do you stop people from eating the moon?

Electricity is lost every inch it travels

And why do we need power on the moon user

What happens when the turbine runs into land, does it just drag all across the continent ?

Control the net, control the moon cheese supply, user. It's a two for one special, and you're getting in on the ground floor.

What if you end up pulling the moon down by accident? Seems like that would be a bad time.

II

>Electricity is lost every inch it travels
explain

>not using the sun
fucking amateur hour in here

I like it, just let it drag across africa and south america too, fuck em

It's just how things work user, idfk I'm not a physicist. But, as an example, using a shorter extension chord uses less power than a longer one.

There are like 2 billion africans... why not just have them pull the rope?

Pretty decent idea. We could just put extension cords into the ocean and use that as our power grid.

III

what am i looking at

I guess it would be easier to just drag it through the atmosphere instead.

Honestly this is one of the better ideas I’ve seen on this sub since the Reddit invasion.

I’m willing to throw 5m of my TRX at it.

If it pulls the moon down, we can just stick a shit load of turbines in it's path and make our energy losses back over night. There's literally no way we could lose, user.

IV

So like just electrify the whole of the ocean? Huh pretty good idea user. We wouldn't need any power lines or anything. We could just plug our computers into the water supply of our homes.

V.

youtu.be/VkTRcTyDSyk

It's okay theoretically, BUT what you'll do is sap the gravitational energy away from the moon as the forces necessary to generate power will be causing angular deceleration of of the moon itself. Thus making it impractical unless you want the moon to slam into the earth. ALSO you'd be sapping the earths rotational energy also(although far less than what would be seen with the moon) which would cause our planet to spin slower and potentially fuck up our magnetosphere and other things that rely on its rotation. Am willing to crunch out the numbers for eth.

ALTHOUGH if we're talking about harvesting power from the moon we'd probably be advanced enough to come up with a solution to all these problems, though it'd be more cost than it's worth by then unless you give no fucks about the planet since you have no need for it

Skip to 23 minutes youtu.be/LMbI6sk-62E

That's pretty cool, user. Could you use the same technology with other non-tide related deep sea ocean currents?

I hadn't even thought that far ahead. You must be a pretty smart guy.
I also don't think you've thought about all the fish and crabs we could harvest with the net. That'd be a pretty decent source of secondary income.

This. Why don't we put them all on a hamster wheel, give them half the money we spend currently, fix poverty, and save money? Somebody get Trump on the phone

Sorry mate, it's a great idea but I went all in on chip warmers.

gulfstreamturbine.com

Nice id. Eelz are the answer to our energy crisis

youtube.com/watch?v=CCfU26fvSU0

Nigga the earth is flat. That's all bullshit

The same concept as friction applies to electric currents. A small amount of charge is lost because the conductive material (usually copper) has a small resistance to the passage of electricity.
When the resistance is very high the conductive material heats and its the basis for many heating appliances.
Under specific circumstances some materials have zero electrical resistance and they are called superconductors.

Seems like a better investment than LINK

shitty website, but cool idea.

Kek

good thing theres no rock or anything like that in the way of the net