How much money would be needed to achieve immortality through cyborg tech

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/AnonBabble

4k links

start with $50MM for organizations like this
>sens.org
once the tech is there, probably not more than what most people imagine. Aging is the most expensive and damaging plague to society

>what's a computer?

Getting rid of aging would with 100% certainty cause the collapse of society.

>literal mutt never seen a computer because mommy can't afford one and tyrone's long gone

Fuck you.

Money is not the real issue. It's political will. We had a war in cancer. Why not a war on aging? Most people think aging and death are part of life and should not be tampered with I'm afraid. It's a solvable issue and I hope it will happen in our lifetime.
>Sorry Grandma, you have to die now.
>Society will collapse otherwise.

The issue isn't death it's birth.

Just accept reincarnation. It was the best possible outcome.

You can't, at best you can upload a copy of yourself in a digital version, but that would just be like having a digital twin, and would not be you.
If you choose the option of having a physical body i.e. cyborg, then you will eventually die, just by chance.

5 billion + 2 billion for the protein injections into your brain stem

If you get rid of ageing, skills would accumulate, imagine Einstein lingering around for thousands of year, without his mental capacity declining..

Actually scratch that, since you would live forever, your bills would also stay forever, meaning it would cost infnite money over an infinite period of time

kek

cant wait to turn all the cyborgs into slaves by hacking their hardware.

People once grown don't adapt well to change.
This would cause a stagnant old population incapable of living in the changing world long term, or worse holding progress back to fit their needs.
If you don't see the practical advantage of cycling life and death then I can only assume you haven't thought much about it at all.

Oh and never mind the overpopulation that would become even more of a problem.

sounds like you're afraid to die. sorry user, no escaping it...its inevitable.

Forget Einstein. All the Greek philosophers, Buddha, Cicero, Jesus, Newton, Napoleon and many more.

Like cancer, ageing is complex, there won't be "a cure for cancer", there will be slow and steady progress measured in increases in % survival rate.
There will be no cure against ageing, there will be progress which decline some aspects of ageing, or reduce it.

I personally believe that most of us (on this board) will live past 100 years, because of these progress.. But there seems to be a harder limit once you reach 125, where it may take long time to find a cure.

Oh, I will probably not be here for much longer thanks to genetics defects. I would prefer not to die but I know what's coming for me. I saw it with my own eyes.
It will be painful.

Overpopulation is not a problem, human creates ressources, we are all clustered up anyway, we could litterally urbanize 90% of the planet in a sustainable way.

I do to some extend agree with your thoughts about people not being able to keep up with the zeitgeist - a good example: Einstein, whom peaked in his early twenties, and since then just went downhill.
But there are some people with a more flexible mind, if you look at the when scientist publish their most cited articles or biggest contribution, they are scattered randomly across various ages - some people are more adaptable than others..

You got Huntington disease or what?

??

Lynch syndrome
I'm already short my gallbladder, one third of my liver and half of my colon. That was round one.

1bazinga coin sirs

Just looked it up, that looks awfull, I don't think there will be any cure for that in your lifetime.. Only exception would be if we could create a digital human body, molecule for molecule, and then just run an AI through that.. But such a feat would be like a human genome project, and would take a decade at least - if even possible.

We are a team of highly dedicated members hell bent on capturing the cryptocurrency scene. Be a part of it or miss out big time//,

discord dot gg/TEADGGw

it's also possibly a physiological thing that might not happen to people if they are perpetually in their mid-20s physically.

The Rothchilds are working on it ask back in 5 yrs

If that little cunt ever said that shit to me, I slap the piss out of her. Fucking liberals.

yea possible, it may also be circumstantial, like a young person subconsciously being willing to take risk, because he has nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Legit my biggest fear ever is immortality. Imagine a world where AI existed and had the means to keep you alive indefinitely due to some weird conclusion of its prime directives? Imagine if every time you suicided it brought you back? If you’ve ever abused opiates or sleeping pills you know unconsciousness is the greatest experience ever, the slow drift off, the total absence of sensation. The only problem is your biological instincts forcing you to stay alive.

If AI ever becomes invented I will unironically blow my brains out while I still have the luxury.

Being dead is not that great.. There is litterally nothing, no feelings, thoughts, not anything..
You may associate this with "peace" or "quite", but it is not.. It is unimaginable, I would go as far to say that anything is better than death - even eternal pain.
The nothingness in death is the most terrifying concept in the world - entire religions are based upon the premise of avoiding this black hole.

You should play Soma. The story explores those concepts in a very disturbing way.

>The nothingness in death is the most terrifying concept in the world
>that moment when you realize this is actually your fate and will happen to you no matter what
worst shit ever, i used to not care about death at all until a couple years ago when it hit me that i'll literally be sitting in a hospital bed and feel myself drifting away and all my family is around and i have no clue where i'm about to go but i know i'll never see any of them again in like 2 minutes. most terrifying shit ever

>I have no mouth and I must scream

>If AI ever becomes invented

What makes you think that death involves consciousness of eternal nothingness?

PUT DOWN THE SOY

you dont need cybertech, its already possible to force-reincarnate if you have consumed enough soul energy and human flesh

if you've ever wondered why ultra mega billionaires keep accumulating until their last fucking heartbeat, and seem to love kids so much