Any brainfags out there care to explain what this last message means technically for Chainlink...

Any brainfags out there care to explain what this last message means technically for Chainlink? I don't want to blow up the guys spot so I redacted identifying information because I don't think Sergey wanted this out quite yet.

Someone with a brain tell me what it means

what are chainlinksecrets2-4of4? Maybe I can understand those.

holy shit, i'm going to sell fast before price tanks

it means he's asking a question because he's been setting up a node to test. what company was it?

Programmer here, it means essentially nothing. He's asking about a boring coding problem as if he should fix it. This is equivalent to a copy editor asking if he should fix a strangely worded sentence.

thanks mate

Is that what it means? What do you think the phrasing implies? Is he internal or external to the company?

Basically just says they're hard coding a value instead of getting it from another file, but that file doesn't have a method to return that value so he's asking if he should make one

It means developers are actively working on chainlink for free because they see the grand vision.

This is a signal of developer adoption, and it's only a small bit at that.

Once the mainnet goes live soon, all these developer's external adapters for chainlink will go online in floods, we're just waiting for it to be ready... FUDing the life out of it to buy cheap while we can.

Its also important to point out this is just unit testing fluff.

This user is correct.

hold on. rereading that it does kinda sound like it could be a new dev, referring to things possessively. give us the name.

your rabbi must be proud.

I'd agree. It sounds like he's part of the CL team.
Yep. It almost certainly sounds like he's making a change to a unit test. Seems like he has access to the source code.

Is it the guy that works/worked at Tesla? Don't want to out him either, so don't make me.

for what it's worth, this guy is no longer even on the gitter followers. I've never heard of the tesla guy. I think the Sylvian Lecoy guy is interesting though desu

that's weird, because your screen says 104 people, and so does it currently, and there is only one person in that 104 that has a gitter handle that ends in 'a'. his name also starts with a J.

that post literly means some pajeet hardcoded variable stuff
doesnt mean anything but somebody being stupid as fuck

I joined right after this was taken you nob

First message --
External adapters mean wrappers / handlers written in other languages / native language that interface with their protocol API. Think of the protocol as being a gfx card, a monitor being a 'blockchain browser application' (could be anything, really), and an adapter being an interface layer that does translation.

Second paragraph --
Expected transaction hash being hardcoded must mean that they had a test-case hash (think of any tx-hash) for testing the network. Unmarshalling it would mean to make it dynamic / changeable.

My guess, undergrad cse major
> doesn't hold link

1. If he's internal, it means chainlink has more developers on board than everyone else is aware of.

2. If they're external, it means that they're so passionate about chainlink that they've actively contributed so much to the chainlink ecosystem that they've been given private access to the GitHub repo.

P.S. Even though it's been rewritten in Go, the API interface has been the exact same as the rails implementation, which has allowed developers the time to write external adapters... which might I add can be written in any language, provided it follows the adapter schema

>programmer here
God this board is so infested with reddit now people don't even notice it any more

they said they hired 2 new devs

I'm not the one redacting shit

I don't understand what the big secret is though. Why is hiring an employee a secret?

> hurrhggh they know how to code
shut the fuck up faggot, back in the nigger corner

you tell me, you're the one redacting screenshots

that's in secrets 2-4 you fag, be nice. i think it's getting to the point where there's too many people involved to keep the lid on for much longer.

... they're gonna start making more mistakes or letting things slip, and we're gonna be right here to catch them when they fall

this is an interesting larp please continue

but we'll keep those mistakes to ourselves, and be secretive little bitches about it. can't wait.

Based on the comment, this dev is fairly new. The change he's proposing is pretty simple and he should just make it rather than asking.

new to professional programing, not new to the team.

solid team guys

* Interned at Intel as part of the Internet of Things group.

* GPU programming at NASA jet propulsion lab

* Tutored Python and C++ for 3+ years at CUDA

* Currently works at Tesla as a software engineer

I don't think he works for chainlink, I think he's working with chainlink

bb-but OP says that's not him?

is developer they hired named Jason Parser

won't self driving cars need some sort of oracle to communicate with?

I'm talking about the pathetic muh credentials retard. You go back too.