Whats the best coin to mine now?

I'm starting to realize that the real gains lies in gaining crypto. What is the best coin to mine now? I only got a 1060 3gb card but i'm planning on making a custom mining rig after awhile.

My, my, my, what great prospectors, two shoe clerks readin' a magazine about prospectin' for gold in the land of the midnight sun, south of the border, or west of the Rockies, ha, ha, ha...

You need to invest alot of money and it better be money you can lose

Whattomine.com you welcome

XRB

Why the fuck are you mining with a 1060

This is like retard baby brain stuff my man. What hamster wheel gears in that cromagnon lizard brain told you it would be a good idea to mine with that? Genuine curiosity. Just play games in 1080p with that shit.

>unga bunga me wan big bucks me mine coin

not all of us made big bucks investing in tendies, user.

Whattomine, top50 mcap coins for safe and steady gains If you can't bother to research.

Speculative Mining for anything not on whattomine. Get in early as possible, mine till the big fish get in & diff jumps and then switch to the next. Hold the stack till it gets on an exchange, sell at pump. Rinse & repeat till you have enough GPUs for comfy passive income from mining the safe, big coins.

Pennies.
Once your Internet coins are dead you'll need to sell that copper to buy a rope and kys

The return with a 1060 after power expenses will be like 50$ a month at best.
You're fucking stupid if you think it's worth your time. You need a machine dedicated to it, full time, 24/7. Not your work pc.

"a custom rig after a while" - do notice video cards are out of stock everywhere because everyone already had that idea a few months ago.

Sorry user, late for that train, get an ASIC miner or give up.

I made like 110k off 20 1060s 2017

>live with parents
>don't pay bills
>profit

I'll just say one word: masternodes.
But yeah you're not getting far with 1 1060. Tbh if I could go back in time I'd buy 1080tis cause they are out of stock now and I want build a gaming PC lul

I could do that (I pay other bills, just not the electricity one) and my 1080 with Nicehash would give me like 150€ a month.
Which means I'd burn out my card before I could make any decent profit.

it's a stupid, stupid idea unless you have the means to build a 4-card machine at the very least.

Go mine your own business.

Wouldn't it be better to wait until the new generation GPUs are released this year?
Nvidia 10xx series are 2 years old, they will be relaced by 20xx this year.

i fucking love FUD

You need to keep an eye out for a brand spanking new fresh out of mamma's crypto womb shitcoin within a week of it being minted to mine any sort of volume with that card. Like TRTL. Last month you could have been minting a million shells a night. Now, you're lucky to get 1000. That ship has long since sailed now that the chinks have their mining rigs targeting it.

Problem is, you're almost never going to get those leads on Veeky Forums. Crypto is a zero-sum game. The more people that know about it, the more they take from you. You lose sharing that knowledge to others. So you almost never hear about it.

is this why i see people trying to sell their prebuilt mining rigs for like 5-7K on craigslist?

garlicoin

Also have a 1060 here. I get free electricity so I don't see why mining with one gpu would be such a bad thing. Even just $50 extra per month is nice. If I keep my temps below 65C the card should last long enough right? Also I'm supposed to have a 3 year warranty, but I guess that's void if I start mining?

Some are selling because they want to buy new hardware, some are building rigs and selling them with profit. I see ads selling 6 x 470 rigs for like €3000-3500 all the time. While the cards cost like €250 each (new, not used) + 300 for a PSU/MB/risers. Don't know if they have any buyers though. Also a lot of ads with people selling rig frames with like 200-500% markup.

- cards with aftermarket coolers will hit the market few months later
- expect +30% msrp price due to demand and insane ram prices, mark my words: an 2070 will cost slightly less than reference 1080ti with slightly less power
- focus on parallel computing, e.g more cuda cores on next gen, same gaming performance

1070ti and 1080ti are still a great buy at non inflated prices

Stop this meme that mining will kill your cards in a few months. If you keep temps below 75C and fans below 70, you're fine. In fact, mining 24/7 with those parameters is actually better for the card than using it for 7-hour gaming sessions every day. It's the wear and tear from constant temp and fan shifting that will cause the most damage over time.

>expect +30% msrp price due to demand and insane ram prices, mark my words: an 2070 will cost slightly less than reference 1080ti with slightly less power

If they increase the MSRP too much then the gamers will be even more buttblasted. Miners will stop buying out all the GPUs eventually, i'm not sure GPU vendors want to piss off their core client base more than they already did.

>1070ti and 1080ti are still a great buy at non inflated prices

Yes, but for them to get to these prices you need to wait until miners will start to dump them en masse. Probably isn't going to happen very soon.

If i was building a Nvidia-based rig today i'd probably wait. 10xx cards are ridiculously overpriced atm.

Also AMD Navi series with 7nm chips are supposed to enter the market this year.