/smg/ - Stock Market General

AMD earnings edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest.
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

I BOUGHT A SHARE OF AMD

DON'T FAIL ME NOW AMDBROS

wrong previous thread my bad

I got 200 shares and only bought it as a hail mary to try to save my portfolio today

Friendly reminder that Trump is the fucking man and the babby liberals will boo at the state of the union, lets hope for gains tomorrow

GAINS ARE COMING

TYBT

I bought 3 because fuck it.I made a little profit back when the news of that virus shit broke, I would have bought more just now just no liquidity atm, RED ALL DAY

EVERYTHING IS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGED

My dad and I are sitting on 400+ shares atm. Holding thumbs hard af right now

AMD PLEASE
I HAVE NO LIQUIDITY RIGHT NOW
I CANT AFFORD TO AVERAGE DOWN

After hours checkup, suicide watch edition

How did everybody do today? I'm down 3% and you better check in or I'll assume you took the long walk on a short pier.

Also, I'm glad /smg/ is a lot more lively these days

Yikes, i'd get the bottle ready friend.

i want to die

Down 1%. VMW and FCX bags are heavy

Down 2% today but up 4% for the month still.

Why would you buy AMD earnings in a down market while it's up 25% on the month?

how's AMD doing guys?

AMD JUST SAVED MY LIFE

IM POSITIVE NOW

Down 2.5% today, up 15% this month. T-thanks NBEV

Just sold my 500 shares of AMD after hours for $13.30, pulled off a ~34% gain of ~$1660

its still down from its high of $15

its a rollercoaster right now. im scared

> Down market

>down market

breh.

Staying alive.

> tfw liberal soyboy but also made like 30% gains this year because of drumpf
Im still hoping for impeachment though, would be a great dip to buy into

I still have faith, but I'm starting to get the jitters. No bottles in my house right now, but I have lots of long cords :^)

Down 3% too, still a happy camper since I've been riding NFLX since $85.

>stock market
>in a crypto gold rush

what are you faggots doing

Oh god I take it back it's a rollercoaster and I want OFF

>impeachment

Hahaha wow, I haven't laughed that hard since Hilary lost.

I know mods, this isn't /pol/ but son of a bitch

It would be more of a crash than a dip, impeaching Trump would ruin the economy for at least a year. Luckily I can short sell so I might still be able to make a ton of shekels during the happening.

Most of us play the markets and crypto, we can multitask

I haven't held crypto since bit coin was at 400USD, and I don't feel like it's a buyers market atm.

>the city of AMD

holy shit I'm glad I put in that after hours sell order in time

down another 2%, taking my monthly down to +4% from a +8% high

The AMD Q4 report goes live in about 50 minutes, right? How have you all prepared?

What was your buy in price? Is this an earnings gamble?

Should I buy some AMD right now?

its already out and amd has tanked like it always does.

Clockwork.

put all of my money into GoPro after their earnings report yesterday. So far so good.

wait until it stops falling in a week or two

AMD tanks at every quartal report. If you put money in it right before you are literally the dumbest person on earth

>AMD

This, holding AMD through a quarterly report is going full retard, never go full retard

RIP AMD, I feel for you bros. It's going to be ok

> Gold rush
Sorry for your loss

>AMD

See you clowns at 4

I'm not going to look at the overall percentage loss. I don't want to know.

I bought in at an average of $10,90. I believe in AMD long term, so I'm honestly not that scared.

Completely new to the stock market. What should I buy during the dip?

Down 12% today. Help me, anons.

short selling before the report would be a good thing, correct?

How many AMD wojacks in tomorrow's thread? I'm guessing between 30-40

Depends on your goals. Are you short or long?

Nah, Trump hasn't followed through on a single original idea in his term. Pence could would run things just as good, if not better after a few days.

Probably short

Buy AMD about 1-1.5 months out from the report at a low point, hold and sell the week of the report at a high point and then immediately open a short position for maximum gains.

It gets better. If I can make it back from being down 60%, you can too. Don't be a weakhanded bitch.

Help me too user, I am long

How did your puts on November 8 2016 go?

Never falls: AMD beats quarterly earnings estimates, offers solid guidance going forward, and nevertheless the stock tanks 10-15%. If you needed more proof of the irrationality of the market, there it is.

I dunn get it, wasn't the report over estimate? 0.06 compared to 0.05
Well, at least I'm still in the green.

Never fails*

At least it's consistent, makes for a great pattern to trade

NBEV for a month or till summer, wait for it to hit $6-7 before you sell.

I'm holding DNR right now but it won't jump till earnings at the end of Feb.

I'm sure a few people will chime in. BAC if you're long, PYPL will be making good gains for the foreseen future.

Do your own DD, don't be fucking sheep. Good luck

Lost like -10% trying to short Drumpf
After like 3 days I realized he wasn't actually going to do anything he promised, and so I flipped my position and started making money again.

that's what I had in mind for next time. Right now I'm trying to determine a entry to GE but until it looks better I'm going to hold off on that (maybe around 11 or 13). I found that shorting stocks is easier for me for some reason

Down 0.45%. But I should make it up tomorrow morning. I went aggressive on some short-term calls.

>buying amd before earnings report
Do you hate your money?

I shorted GE from around $24 down to $17.50, no idea where the bottom is, looks like it'll take a while. The new CEO & management will have to post a couple quarters of positive results and guidance before things really turn around I think. Seems too risky at these levels to continue shorting though, at least IMO.

You liberals are such a deranged group of people, I'll tell you whut.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're bouncing back, fuckers! Hold on to your hats, because AMD is about to mooooon!

What even is the point of making money if you're not gonna be a huge degenerate?

Like do rich conservatards just donate all their money to churches and politicians? lel

i really want to die

i sold AMD at $12 thinking it was a repeat of last earnings

Kek

Will $MJX skyrocket when canada legalizes?

>moon
This happens every quarter.
It rises in aftermarket and crashes once the markets open. I fell for it the first time and made bank every time afterward.

>volatility
>low

I wound't be surprised, I feel like once you have 'fuck you' money, material objects become meh, and you want more. Like power and authority, but all that is against the liberal ideology lel

Last quarter after beating and positive guidance they dropped ~20% AH and stayed down.

Good guidance?

>AMD

I gotta stop looking at charts, its been a long day

Reminder that UVXY will be worh $500 dollars soon!

PRAY TO THE GODS OF CHAOS

Two things will happen with Canadian weed sector:

>further consolidation. Meaning you want to either invest in the large cap companies or invest in the smaller ones with a strong change of getting bought out by the large ones. It will be a bloodbath on the small startups that haven't got anything special about them and have not been bought out. If you're in the MJX ETF then don't worry about this stuff.

>Skyrocket will absolutely happen around the time the senate passes the legalization bill. That is when institutional investors throw in their hats. This should be spring sometime, ish. But be careful. Everyone knows this is a speculation bubble and things are going to change dramatically when shops open for business of the recreational market. Be very careful about long hold positions as things will be messy during this time with volatility all over the place until first earnings report after sales go live.

>Stock Market General
Literally why? Do you enjoy 1% annual gains?
Do you enjoy buying in at ATH right before a correction?
Do you enjoy getting fucked up the ass by taxes and regulations?

Last thread archived too quickly and I’d like to hear your ideas:

How are we all planning to profit off the upcoming correction/crash?

From the comment of another user, I’ve been looking into SQQQ (ETF, 3x leveraged short on NASDAQ-100). Just ran the numbers if we had a rehash of the 2008 crash - possible 2-3x profit if we get a similar pattern.

If you're only earning 1% per year from your stocks, you're doing it wrong.

I can short sell and trade S&P500 futures so I'll just do that and ride the rollercoaster to the bottom.

what a dissapointnting apple after hours
should I kill myself? I bought at 175

lmao retard, we still have another decade of bullrun ahead of us, dont even think about shorting

I don't have stocks, I'm making 5000% per month with magic internet coins. Losing 90% of the gains doing stupid shit tho. Don't even care, because I make enough to not care.

What, you can't multitask?

Fuck you cunt UVXY is the way forward

Why tho? In the time you spend in stocks you can find another hype ICO and make more quick bucks.
Long-term I only invest into physical gold and ammo.

It's a pain in the ass to get money into and out of crypto. Tax regulations also aren't well understood. As it stands my brokerages send me consolidated tax forms that I can easily enter into turbotax and I can quickly wire money to and from my accounts without any delay.

>crypto
>cashing out ever
>getting raped by the IRS
>getting exit scammed by exchanges
>contributing to the rising price of computer hardware like a faggot
>getting your wallet stolen by Ljubisa
>getting your crypto banned in your home country