Story time

tell me about you Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IdHTnpgpLDc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to be rich for my parents.

i moved to china and live rent free playing with little kids all day, for only 20 hours a week, making 4X as much as i did back home.

then i go home and make more money trading crypto, and eat dank chinese food.

i also document rock and roll around asia.

life is good.

I bought in last year with barely $600
Now even with this dip, I have more than enough to get a brand new Toyota Camry straight from the dealer and cover the insurance/long-term servicing/maintenance costs

i've already got $1m i'm here for fun and to laugh at smug posters

>Buy BTC in 2014
>Trade it all for internet drugs
>Broke with crippling drug habit
>Hear news of BTC reaching 20k
>Recover old BTC account
>Oh shit I still have coins
>Sell at 18K
>Now all in on VEN

this is fine

College student, qt gf, got into Crypto in October. Wanted to buy a new car in April. Not going to happen if Crypto keeps going in this direction.

I'm poorfag who went all in on LINK. I bought 9k at $1.42, which I believe is the all time high.

nice to hear all these positive stories. i grant you a good life Veeky Forums

i put all my savings into crypto as a last ditch effort to make some massive gains to support myself for a decent amount of time so i can just do my art shit

working out pretty decent so far, getting a bit scary with the drops and i do have to cash some of it out early feb

I'm an 18 year old HS student, I have 20k Usd worth of crypto, 50% ETH 50% NEO. I'm a KHV dateless, I have no friends, I have a low I.Q autism amd Adhd. I can't go to uni becuase of that. I browse biz and r9k everyday, I like watching anime, I like ps4 and PC, I like orange juice, rice and beans, and sushi. I live in a nice gated neighborhood in Florida but I'd like to move to NC in a nice house on the water once If make it. Any advice for a young Veeky Forumsiness man? What should I do after I graduate hs? I can't go to Uni, but it would be completely paid for if I went in the future somehow. Will i ever make it with my profolio? 100k would feel like making it for me.

Got into crypto through my best friend in 2012. Bought around 250 Bitcoins. Spent most of it on top quality LSD and MDMA in Silkroad. Silkroad got raided. FBI confiscated around 30 BTC. Mt. Gox happened, lost another 17 BTC. I said fuck this shit, left crypto, never to look back.

Summer 2017, I started working for an IoT company. Started to think about how blockchain could be useful for h2m, m2m and m2h transactions and tracking. I had 2 BTC left from 2013. Started to get obsessed with crypto again. Took 30 grand loan in October. Made that money 120k around December. Got scared shitless from the exponential growth and took my initial investment and paid my debt back. My portfolio saw as much as 350k. Now around 220k. It doesn't hurt because I know what I am good at and what I am bad at.

I am bad at trading and good at making conscious decisions on coins. I invested in XRB at the right time, got out at the right time once realized DAG is just an infant. Same I did with IOTA.

I am not as crazy as I used to be about crypto gains anymore. I know I will make it in a couple of months to a couple of years. Until then I am more interested in following the technology, partnerships and break throughs.

ex /b/tard here. Miss the old biz before November.

Everything will be alright in the end. I believe in the technology. I think this is much bigger than finance 2.0, this is social 2.0. Blockchain and smartcontracts will change everything. From law to predictive markets. From marking every soul in the blockchain to earning tokens from deeds. This is the beginning of tokenized economy. It has so much potential to change the world in a better way.

Anyone who has more than 10k now has already made it. This isn't the end, or despair. This is the first selloff.

HODL

>think about going in 1K worth of BTC with best friend in 2011 but don't because was a poor college fag
>FF to 2017 BTW breaks 2K. Feelsbadman.jpg but jump on the train and buy 3 BTC
>Also bought some LTC and ETH because I have no idea what I'm doing
>FF to December 2017 and LTC moons. now have 220K
>Also diversify into quite a few alts and take out initial investment
>crash.jpg now sitting at 140K
>honestly fine with this and will be in it for at least another year

I want to marry a mainland chinese cutie, currently dating a hk girl. I want to move to china, any advice? how to get in? etc...

>2016 bought 30 eth @ $10 for $300
>2017 traded 29 eth @ $300 for 20k link @ $0.39
>continue to hodl

It's comfy being a couple thousand percent up from my initial stake.

The next bull run will be in the third week of Feb please try your hardest to hold off

Old biz had one crypto thread lmao

been on the fence of buying in on btc around januari last year. Then finally caved in around october. only bought about 250€ but lost it all. It's currently sitting in verge, eltcoin, doge, neutron coin and stellar. Hopefully i'll get it back some day.. or i won't. Eitherway im happy im here.

wow dude, you're so cool. You have everything don't cha? The bod, the gainZ, the girl. When I grow up I wanna be well rounded like you.
faggot.

Trying to move to Iceland . Can only trade auroracoin and btc of I do.
Going back in 3 weeks. Met someone last summer there we've been talking ever since. Lmao if I'd really only be able to use auroracoin and btc

have delusions of grandeur, talk to myself alot, have a girlfriend but would rather be alone, have less than $2000 in crypto and cash. Moved to girlfriends shitty eastern euro country and live rent free but am about to be out of money. think God is fucking with me. last time I was happy was when I was about 11...that was several decades ago. there is no joy in my life.

EFL teacher?

I'm a 23 y.o. homeless user who is 5k in debt and counting.

Dad used to get drunk and beat me, call me worthless and a failure, etc etc

Tried to kill me one day, got into a huge brawl with him. Kicked me out for the last time and that was it. Hardly have spoke since then save for a few occasions whilst picking up my mail.

I was homeless for two months, but scrounged up enough change to get an apartment. Got a full-time gig, was saving money. Things were looking up. Then, I got laid off. Had credit card bills due. Car registration and insurance renewal was due. Car needed repairs after an accident. Got brutally sick and almost died. Ended up in the hospital.

Next thing I know, the $5,000 I had saved up that year was gone in less than two months, and then I was out on my ass again. My credit was shot a few months later and my dreams of being the first homeowner amongst my friends was gone. I've been living in my car and staying at shelters for 8 or 9 months now? I've lost track of time and all sense of purpose in my life. I lost all of my friends and I have no family connections. I contemplate suicide everyday.

I heard about crypto back in the summer. Before the bull run got really crazy. I jumped in too late with what little I could. I don't think I'll ever get rich. I don't think I'll ever make it in crypto. All I know is that I just want to get back on my feet.

Going to apply for bankruptcy soon sometime this month. After that? I'm not sure really. Gonna try to move to Germany or Australia. Go to Uni out there in a respected field (electrical engineering if I can, I was halfway finished with my associates degree before all of the shit with my pops). I landed a new full-time gig, and with the crypto market looking as bleak as it is right now, I think I'm all set. Guess I'm gonna have to try and build wealth the conventional way, through hard work and determination. But I wish you autistic neet fucks all of the best if you haven't made it already.

Clean your room
Take responsibility
Sort yourself out

Unlucky

>tell me about you Veeky Forums

It's not so much that I should succeed. Others should fail.

Same.

My parents are wagecucks without any savings and poor health. I want to at least get them an apartment.

>I'm a KHV dateless, I have no friends, I have a low I.Q autism amd Adhd. I can't go to uni becuase of that. I browse biz and r9k everyday,

>I like watching anime

Story checks out.

>big family, wealthy family, good support
>fuck it all up 17-20ish with bipolar and drug problems
>drop out of college, parents stop helping me
>live with long term gf. toxic relationship but we love each other more than most people
>work at McDonalds/ jimmy johns both on psych leave from school
>after we get bored of being degenerate drug addicts we get back into school
>she goes for architecture, after 2 years she gets a job an excels because she is a genius
>I go for 4 more years, still struggle with drugs
>end up cheating on her after 6 years with my best friend, guilt makes me tell her when i'm drunk
>lose both of them a a long drawn out spiral
>get good programming job, best friend, she comes to work at same fucking place, she lives with bf
>gf sees her one day and falls apart, she hasn't talked to me for days
>26, alone in my 1 bedroom, with money to spend on whatever I want, completely alone
>drink myself to sleep each night
>try to run and not do too much coke

Well I wonder how long this will last, feels like another spiral but just seems more permanent this time.

I want to be rich. I want to be free.

>> 7123278
Godspeed anons. I'm also trying to take care of my dad.

pay attention to me user the past 7 years have just have been getting a job to me. getting a 70k job to me was 'made it' and I guess it still is. but it never is enough.

once you finish your grind at the low level, you get to the next level and you can either relax and realize how empty you are or keep grinding.

think I'm going to realize how I'm empty for awhile longer before I just grind until I'm filthy rich. 70k 1bedroom is not enough

I'm with you guys. I don't want my parents to work after, say, 3-5 years from now. it is already taking a physical toll. I hope we all make it bros.

You know. Jesus christ. I feel selfish now. Always for myself. Guess that's why I'm alone now.

Then why not use what money you have to study longevity research. I'm a poor fag but I still learned a great deal already. I should live pretty long. Also long life runs in the family. So does lung cancer. But only for the smokers...lol

bruh. my whole family is skinny as fuck, I've been running, and I plan to keep running to become a marathon runner.

the problem is I'm 26 alone mad and bored, got to fit the coke in there somewhere

godspeed user.

Same man. My mom has Parkinson's disease and I have a retarded brother that does doesn't want to find a job, and my parents support him. Doing this so my parents don't have to work anymore. Hopefully I make it by the end of 2018

>fit the coke in there somewhere
But drugs are bad, okay?

>tfw my Dad busted ass to take care of all 5 of us and constantly apologizes to me for not being able to give me more in life
>tfw Mom severely mentally ill and it basically broke our finances and home life
>tfw both are getting by month to month and still try their best to help myself and my siblings even though we're mostly moved out

My Dad deserves a better son. A son who is more talented and works harder. But what he got was me, and I'm going to try my hardest to do what I can for him.

We're all gonna make it user

youtube.com/watch?v=IdHTnpgpLDc

That's my guess, too. I'm going to China as an EFL teacher in November with my girlfriend.

good job, do the best you can and don't give up

Drop the coke for weed/LSD/shrooms, these are the only 3 drugs you need.

>My Dad deserves a better son. A son who is more talented and works harder. But what he got was me.
Hits a bit too close to home user.

my story I guess
>grow up in nice, fairly well off family
>Go through traumatic shit in childhood (parents and siblings nearly all dieing)
>few friends through primary and high school
>builled to the point if I had a access to guns I would of probably columbined my school.
>get out of that shit hole.
>studying A+ CCNA etc. lifes alright
>attempt to get a job after studies
>plunge into deep deep deep depression
>Become a good for nothing NEET.
>try to go back to uni fail. go through multiple psychotic episodes.
>get diagonesed with GAD, SAD, Panic Disorder nearly Psychosis
>try uni a second time fail because I can't handle being around people and the pressure. what a shit i am.
>back to being a NEET.
>Current year - Going to try Uni for a third time and im hopeing for the sake of my own life it works out.

well if that doesn't work im killing myself and probs going a bit of a psychotic rampage before that.

I've got enough drugs on hand to kill myself 20x over but I'm holding onto that hope that life in general will get better.

Sorry for the life story Im in the throws of wanting to literally stab myself with a knife.

Making money of crypto is nice but money isn't happiness right ?

same except my mom passed 5 years ago. I joined the military to have a steady paycheck to help my dad out. Veeky Forums is kind of my only hope as sad as that is.

I'm sorry to hear that, man. Good luck with dealing with depression and finishing university. Please don't try and kill yourself, you still have decades of life to experience. I'm curious because I've tried getting into IT, did the A+ and CCNA do anything good for you?

I like to masturbate.

>i also document rock and roll around asia
Go to Pune, India if it's not on your list already. I heard some new bands are good.

>24 and feeling it
>i havent experienced hardly any of the beauty that life has to offer yet
>still live with dad
>working minimum wage job that i hate
>hoping to move up into management so i can hate my job a little less
>most of my coworkers are kids or lack discipline to challenge me for it.
>would still only make 12 dollars an hour if i moved up.
>I want to provide for my mom, help my dad out with repairs and upgrades to the house, and start a family of my own but im poor as fuck and socially awkward.
>will probably end up in the ghetto the rest of my life with no money to do anything exciting except go to work and then come home to develop my drinking problem further

I have a good chance of moving into a retail shift manager role if i push for it. Its literally my only hope if stocks and crypto dont work out

You'll never be satisfied.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill

I sold 2k worth of """""shitcoins""""" for bch but if i had kept them they would have been worth around 50k @ the peak of the december boom.

The bch is doing shit all too, and i still can't believe how i fell for such a delusion fucking scam. Fuck you bch. Fuck you.

Didn't finish school so A+ etc. allowed me to get into Uni. However if you really want to go down the IT path get those papers and it should be pretty easy to get a an entry level Job and then quickly get some work experience from that. After work experience w/ the qualifications you can get a real cosy job. 60/70K +.

Either Certs & Work experience or go to Uni and get Bachelors in CS or SE.

this af. dad passed away when i was young and me mum took care of me so i wanna give back

I wanted to buy BTC since I first heard about it on /r9k/ when /r9k/ was new, but I didn't know how to buy it. Finally got a friend to help me buy it in 2014. Same friend gave me a tip about IOTA when it was a dollar, picked up 50,000 of them and sold when they were $3.50. Made a good move with XRP and bought 50,000 at $0.70, sold when they were just below $3. On and off again relationships with other alts like BTS and BNB. I've done really well and I'm very proud of myself, and I've cashed out enough that I am no longer losing sleep over what happens with crypto. I've gotten the start in life that my fucking Baby Boomer parents were too greedy and selfish to give me because they wanted to waste their inheritance money on cars and vacations and jewellery and other shit.

I can finally pursue my life dream of being a writer and writing about the subjects I am genuinely interested in, whether I make money or not. I also have the money to get a proper wardrobe so I don't look like a scraggly hipster bum around women.

In short, crypto has saved my life.

Damn there are some sad stories in here. 19 yo Electrical/Software Engineering college kid here. I just want to make enough to buy a $100k property and live off the $500 in profit I can make by renting it out. And also pay off my parent's 30k so my dad can retire this year instead of the next 2. Hope we make it boys, at least for yall's sake

Remember ‘If it is to be, it’s up to me’.

No one else will make things go in the right direction other than yourself user. Meds, councillors and recreational drugs only delay your realisation of this.

Playing video games, drugs and alcohol are an excuse to switch off from reality.

Small steps. Even just one a day. Go to the gym, eat well, lay off alcohol, get natural endorphins in your body to feel better about yourself.

Go outside, join clubs, go for walks, appreciate nature.
You’ll realise that every insect, bird or animal starts with nothing, and has the odds stacked against them but they have to ‘make it’ as it’s instinct.

The change will be noticed by others, and will improve outlook, posture and confidence. Uni, jobs etc will eventually fall into place. Resilience is a quality that is hard to obtain, but even the toughest times will pass eventually.

Middle class grew up fat and playing too much vidya (Top 5 on MW3 Leaderboards Top 100 BO2) should’ve started YouTube/twitch but oh well. Lost weight by running and eating very little at about 15 and got into lifting about 16. Get gains decent grades goto Uni and 20 y/o now studying Finance 50k in crypto from a 750 initial investment +15k in stocks and 10k in vanguard. Still lifting, nice thick beard, decent grades make solid money from a dropshipping business I started 8 months ago. Just want to be able to buy my mom a nice house on the water and live my life without having to worry about money.

Black dude. Grew up middle-class. Good job in tech. $200k in crypto.

Stop larping, blacks don't have jobs.

nigger

I'm gonna need a sauce on that image user.

RWBY fanart.

I guess I will add another thought, and another RWBY pic:

I think the flippening will happen. I think that ETH is the future and BTC, BCH and BTG will be... second-rate at best.

> 24yo literature major
>dropped out because drugs and lazy and stupid
>move back to my parents
>havent spoken to people in a year
>scared Im going insane
>minimum wage job I hate
>put everything in crypto
>lonely, horny, scared

>dad lived with six siblings, was the black sheep
>worked and partied, was rebellious
>work became the only thing for him other than me
>dad worked against the clock to build a home fully paid for
>dad had low education, living paycheck to paycheck
>had to work weekends and holidays helping him with shitty, back breaking job for 8-10 hours after I turned 13
>stayed at home because parents didn't help me with being independent
>resented both my parents
>realized the problem was my laziness and apathy
>changed perspective and goals
>now sympathetic to dad despite his flaws

My dad wasn't the best, but considering what he had to deal with, managed to keep this family together with my mom. I want to make him even more proud of me by making something of myself and to help support him.

*Soon to be a rich nigger, lol.

aaay this is literally me. i am not working the minimum wage job yet, but if crypto goes down like 30% more for me then i will have to start

High flying career got completely rekt by major serious illness. Was in treatment and basically useless for 3 years. Deep existentialist depression leads to rock bottom /r9k/ browsing. Find crypto thread. Click, nothing to lose.
>april 2016
Now in remission, up 2600 percent from initial investment, found God, have a fiancee' that stayed with me through a lot of the sickness, made a couple friends, and going to Portugal for the first time on gains to try living in the sun awhile.
God is unironically good. Thankful to the chans for showing me the cryptoladder out of my depression.

>31
>Alcoholic loner
>Tradie
>Think I'm dying everyday of cancer or some other random shit.
>Main fantasy is just helping family with money since I'm useless in every other regard.

>Nigerian-American. Grew up middle class. Good job in healthcare. $150k in crypto.
Feels good bro

> 22 year old neet
> family poor as fuck
> managed to get accepted to harvard for grad school
> no money, so deffered it
> feels bad man
> working minimum wage job
> putting everything into cryptos
> hope i can go next year

>had 5 btc back from 2013-15 buying gear online
>started fomoing in this summer
>bought in at 2500
>made gains
>bought altcoins
>made more gains
>stop buying altcoins around dec
>stop buying bitcoin too
>
>bought the dip at 14.9k
>bought the dip at 12.9k
>bought the dip at 10.9k
>still 25-30x

Good luck user.

woops not including initial investment which wasn't really an investment just btc to buy shit with because it was a pain to acquire back then

u spelled lambo wrong

Peterson?

Im 20 years old, since i was 16 i wanted to work in economics/accountant, when i started college at 18 i wasn't so sure anymore, but i kept going for it and then 2 years later (now) im thinking about taking engineer because i think it is truly what i want but im shocked because all my life plans, all my "financial business" my "MBA" my life plans are now over, because i realised i may not like economics or desk jobs so much

Saw today on FB that my ex is selling her condo.

Feel like shit desu. So many good times with her in that place.

I miss her.

Send her flowers

> buy in with $800 in September China crash
> discover LINK
> go all in, cos diversification is shit
> try daytrade
> LINK hits Binance
> FOMO in and lose quite some money
> keep daytrading tho
> wanna get quick buck and join DeltaV discord
> lose $250
> have like 3.5k LINK by then
> pour in another $500 to buy 7c REQ
> hodl through SIBOS and November
> sell REQ at x4, go all in on LINK once again
> wanna join Confido ICO so bad, I pay a pajeet $15 to share his whitelisted email
> never hear from him again. dodged the bullet
> have 9k LINK
> sell 1.5k LINK to join ponzimon
> break even +1 ETH, reinvest 1ETH in Pangrass
> ponzimon hype dies, hold mons now
> still got 9k LINK
> failtrade it down to 5.5k LINK on the NY rally
> learn some TA, stare at LINK graphs all the vacation
> wintrade it to 10k LINK
> I've learnt my lesson, time to hodl now

Dude you live in the era of tinder... just make an effort, you'll get rejected once or twice and then you'll bang a nice girl.. and it will change you for the better.

Just fucking do it and stop making up excuses.

>20 years old
>too retarded to buy any crypto currencies when i had money out the ass (relatively) for studying in university
>drop out
>savings running out
>too retarded to find a job
>probably last month of cash left
>decide to sell a useless piece of electronics
>"hmm, no listings, i can make up my own price!"
>sell it for more than i had bought it, twice the amount of cash i had previously
>spend half of that on BTC
>BTC drops 10% immediately, keeps dropping

why did i deserve this

so... uh.. if anyone needs a shitty python programmer with only 1 moderately successful project on github, hit ya boy up :^)

Also
> join KuCoin
> drunktrade $250 worth of 'thank you' coins from a friend to zero at CAN launch
> wanna make moneys off refs
> test google ads with $60
> 20 dead refs
> kucoin closes ref program

Get a job in the trades. Should teach you some life skills, toughen you up, and you should be fine so long as you aren't below 95IQ

> 25 year old
> extremely lazy so i have to take 1 year of school twice
> move to different city with gf for university
> drop out cuz beeing a lazy fuck
> try another subject -> drop out again
> work as delivery driver making good money for no qualifications
> realize that this isn't a viable career
> realize you're fucked without a degree where I'm from
> going back to school to learn a trade (50% job/ 50% school)
> 1.5 years in (from 2.5) I'm absolutely exhausted and want to kms every single day
> every single night I scream while sleeping
> talk mad shit about "I can't take this no more" etc while asleep
> almost died over a appendicitis sunburst 2 years ago (HUGE scar cuz they couldnt locate my appendicitis...)
> almost died 1 year ago(if it weren't for my gf who was there at this moment - same for above) in a epilectical attack biting my tongue, vomitting and therefore suffocating on my own vomit...
> have psioriasis arthritis...
> pls kill me finally

pretty depressed
smoke weed and play guitar daily
Migrated from Veeky Forums, I have a pretty normie social life but I only hate and loath my friends at this point. If I don't make this year I don't know what I'll do.
I play Runescape.

All you need to know

Bored University student( I'm older than the average graduated) list 2 years of school almost finish it, put around 300 in crypto looking to get a good amount of money B4 u graduate

>projecting insecurities

Lol, this thread is full of young borderline psychoes, neets and wageslaves while each other thread is alpha success stories.

No wonder none of these crypto chads ever posted a lambo pic

I think we live in weird times. I can't really grasp the full extent of which. But it seems to me that we, as a species, have evolved way past our normal state. I was born in 1982 so make me the last generation who knew life before the internet. All I see around me is people breaking up, people on meds, people lying to themselves about how great is life... everyone looks depressed, some seem to just cope better.

I don't know where all of this is going but it doesn't look very good.

>
please take some action in a wise direction user. seek out a competent counselor and pursue meditative practices. you're most likely skeptical as to whether you have the capacity to improve since you've experienced these difficulties, but you actually do. start with basic habits and work your way into more expansive discipline. use the self-confidence gained in that area to propel you into social situations where you apply the same 'start small' method. don't compare yourself to others. don't expect happiness to just happen upon you or to come alongside crypto gains, but keep pushing yourself in a direction of sustainable internal peace.

i had a similar trajectory being in and out of college due to psych/drug issues, never thought i'd be able to function after a particularly nasty psychotic episode, got help and developed decent habits, now live a modest but thoroughly enjoyable life.

We’re gonna make it man!

user, I've been through hard times. Things usually get better with time. Not saying you'll be happy, but you can cope much better with your issues.

I dig what you say my man.

Pajeet spoted

OOOH yeah this one hits home...
my crypto has being steadily rising literally the only thing i've got left

I just want to indulge myself in worthless pleasures until I die

Depression, lack of motivation, anxiety, and mental scarring. There is no hope for me.

Give me you GF and I will tell you the secret to dating mainlanders.

I just want to earn enough to be able to live the rest of my life quietly in Thailand banging cheap whores and shit posting is that too much to ask for?