/smg/ - Stock Market General

Amazon earnings editon

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest.
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

googleweblight.com/?lite_url=https://www.reuters.com/article/northern-dynasty-epa-stock/update-1-shares-in-alaska-mine-developer-northern-dynasty-slump-on-epa-move-idUSL2N1PO0ON
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Earnings this week

>Sub-Machine Gun thread

I'm thinking of playing AAPL's earnings, anyone have any thoughts on that? also taking a look at buying the dip on PII and SMG.

NAK BELOW $1

WHAT ON FUCKING EARTH

NAK BELOW $1

JESUS CHRIST

Thank you NBEV and AMD for making a strong recovery, up $17 again

>Use robinjew for first time
>Put $1000 in it to be ready when buying opportunity arises
>Come back to app
>only $ 920
FUCK THAT STEALING APP. I rather pay a jew fees than having my money stolen by Pajeets

should I buy the dip on NAK?

If want stock in a mineless mining company

aren't they developing a mine?

BGFV also under $6 :^)

How exactly can i buy these stocks? i have the money right now and i know the company i want to get shares in

also how do i know if they pay dividends or not?

A brokerage is the answer to all.

The EPA is fucking them over because they want to protect sockeye salmon in Aslaska, it's a mess

What are stocks? Is that some type of shitcoin?

so approval is pretty unlikely?

Yeah, with intrinsic value.

I don't believe Veeky Forums has the knowledge or patience to trade individual stocks any better than a monkey

Its filled with red tape and regulations. In my opinion, I don't think so. The EPA has been raping us in Minnesota for years killing mine projects even after the mines are up to code. They nitpick incessantly until the project dies.

yeah maybe i'll sit out on nak. This doesn't look like the bottom either its down another 3.5% in pre market.

googleweblight.com/?lite_url=https://www.reuters.com/article/northern-dynasty-epa-stock/update-1-shares-in-alaska-mine-developer-northern-dynasty-slump-on-epa-move-idUSL2N1PO0ON

An article about it if you're interested. They claim it won't mess up their permit but I've personally seen the opposite happen.

I'll be a grad student next year with a stipend. Should I start investing in a mutual fund or in a Roth?

I opened a small position in ICPT yesterday. This shit is going crazy in the pre-market up 12.72% Anyone know what's going on? Pharma stocks are insane.

Depends. Roth's are tax sheltered and I think you can get a deduction on them for contributions but it's for retirement. Mutuals you can make some passive cash but it's not sheltered so you'll have to disclose them.

Morning all

Fuck wallstreet jews, shitting on alibaba right after earnings even though they had a great report

>Robinhood

dividends or no?

Checked, and good morning!

Yes.

>PYPL

wew lads, great earnings and short term outlook but the revelation that Ebay is going to be rolling their own in-house payment platform in 2020 is killing it...

STRONGLY suggest you all buy JD on this dip.

Down 4% on the fact BAB missed by 2 fucking cents? Madness. especially considering its JD most likely eating away at their market share.

How's NAK doing?

Holy fuck a thread that isn't about shitcoin. YAY!

Welcome!

Who here is stuck holding ge?

>close $1500 up yesterday
>already down $1200 today

I want off this ride

Amazooon!!!! Woooo

Me. I bought in at 18.25. Will probably be holding for a long time. But that's ok since I bought them for the dividends.

HOLY FUCK IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING $ASTI 2 DA MOON

>NOK hopping after earnings report
I'm new at this, when do I cash out on my earnings report gambling gains?

They're gonna cut dividends again soon, they're only projected to profit $.13 per share next quarter

AKER, that volume is so juicy boys

BPMX get in quick

Ugh, Etrade is just raping me with these commissions, I think I'm gonna go back to Interactive Brokers. Etrade's margin interest rate is ridiculous too.

>He fell for the "real broker" meme

keep calm and buy more FANG

I've been trading since 2008, long before Robinhood was even an idea. Also, you can't short with Robinhood and they have a very limited number of securities you can trade with their platform so...

Yeah I know RH blows. I'm just shitposting.

Interactive is where I'm at. Zero complaints

I had both IB and Etrade accounts for a while but barely used it, I found myself using Etrade more often because I liked Etrade's mobile app more. Now that I'm shorting and trading on margin it's just not economical anymore to continue using Etrade.

You can literally Google "does X pay dividends".

If you want dividends buy ford when it dips another 12 cents.

Has anyone looked at Ford lately? P/E below 6 and its even trading at 1.1x cash value despite still being cash flow positive.... thoughts? Has TSLA just sucked up all the investors? Are all these mature car companies really gunna go broke?

>bought GBT at $16
>hits $65 as of last week
Feels good to have good gains with stocks too

uniroincally bought 1000 shares around 12

While Ford's current financial position is pretty good, everyone is leery about what their future prospects look like 3-5 years down the road. Electric vehicles and autonomous vehicles are going to be the future and if the traditional auto makers can't get a foothold in those markets then they're as good as dead in most investor's minds.

If this thing goes back to 3$ in a month you'll be in good shape lad

I'm watching MARK too

Tesla is heavily subsidized thanks to California, the other auto companies have to pay for alot of their shit because of the zero emission credits. They have cash flow problems, they're burning through 13 million every day, if those subsidies stop Tesla's done.

You really think Ford isn't going to be releasing any EVs? Hell they already have an electric F-150 in the works - just releasing that theyd be at the front of the US market in EV at least in the trucking segment like they currently are.

I'm keen for Robinhood in Aus. That will allow me to capitalise on all the juicy insider trading info one gleans as a geology student.

appl is in shitter

>developing a mine
this isn't crypto fag

they are not a currency and the actually generate value. You (sometimes) get dividends which is profitsharing to all owneers based on percentage. basically better than crypto in every way possible.. ride the $NVDA train with me.. its up 460% in 1 yr.

Yeah, TSLA is a cash burning meme but investors have bought into Elon's hype and kept it trading way above its pay grade. It'll be glorious to watch it crash and burn.

Of course they're going to release EVs but if no one buys them then it won't do any good. Chevy's Bolt is a great economical EV that's a much better value than Tesla's Model 3 but there's no excitement or hype around it. Chevy wasn't seeing enough sales and had to reduce production because they just weren't selling fast enough.

Daily reminder this thread is full of faggots and idiots.

investing takes patience
crypto takes autism

Is Spxl a decent etf to put some money in?

Also, has the XXII ride ended?

Etrade:
>10$ commision per trade
LUL
IB is the best platform

man, i wish i went in on $TSLA early..

smg is not a coin. Fuck off, pajeet

at one point, model 3 was so subsidized in cali it was 13k for luxury car..brand new and automative driving compatible

Anybody have any good books?

The real problem is that consumers are finally waking up. The markup on many of these vehicles is laughably insane, while the quality continues to suffer.

Being asked to pay $30,000 for an F150 or $50,000 for a 250 that's going to have to go to the shop a few times a year (with each bill being $1000 or more) isn't something a smart person would deal with. I am surprised it wasn't addressed a decade ago. And as bad as I have seen Ford's been..... Chevrolet is significantly worse. We all know they are designed to break like many tools/appliances these days, but evenby those standards the industry has become a joke.

tldr a $12,500 Kia shouldn't be able to out last a $30,000 truck..... It certainly shouldn't last twice as long. I don't think Ford can recover but if it does it will need to be restructures so heavily I doubt we will recognize the company by the time they do.

You literally just described APPLE... They have insane markups and overhyped products... they are still booming and consumers still haven't woken up.

Ford Fusion has been selling well despite a lack of promotion, and historically the F 150 has been the country's go to truck for decades - TSLA has completely avoided making one up till now and this moat is likely why. And its the other way around - Chevy volt is the best selling EV on the planet (Model S is in 3rd behind that and the fucking Nissan Leaf). Actual demand might be a bit off here due to supply constraints on Tesla's end, but to think Tesla BTFOs everyone in the industry is ridiculous.

Oh and I forgot.... The used market. That's the other half of this coin. No idiot is gonna go to Ford and save $5000 off a $30000 vehicle, nor will they trade it in for the $1000 the dealer will offer. Not when Craigslist, Facebook, ect have made it easier to connect with the seller directly, and all you have to do is pay a shop $10 or so to look it over and make certain it isn't a lemon.

People shit on GameStop all the time for their abhorrent used market..... Percentage wise most dealers are just as bad, if not worse. I am not saying this particular issue is exclusive to Ford or Chevy but it's a lot of money lost compared to a decade or two ago.

Just put it all in BGFV and F and you're definitely gonna make it.

Tesla' s outlook on AI and autonomus driving is what seperates it from the rest.. you end up having the "apple car" : overhyped and overpriced but one beautiful fucking car

>BGFV
What are they doing that is promising in the future?

Insane Clown Posse Tech? Woo woo!

Tesla has over 500k Model 3 pre-orders while Chevy had to cut production on the Bolt because it couldn't sell over 23k in the first year it was introduced. It's a ridiculous disparity between interest in the two cars even though Tesla doesn't know how to mass produce a car for shit.

Apple products are treated more like a fashion accessory than an electronic consumer product in a lot of ways. And we all know how quickly fashion/fads/whatever die out.

It's really no different than that gawdy tooth jewelry niggers buy, or the overpriced sports cars douchebags buy, or the designer labels sluts buy.

I think you mean Whoop Whoop bro.

Yes, but your average culture vulture can take a tax refund and buy a macbook or iphone, not true with ford.

JD loses now wiped out.

I told you fuckers. Get ready for earnings when we REALLY get to see liftoff.

Fundamentals are all there with JD, better infrastructure better growth prospects but only 1/8th the market cap of BABA is insane. Just wait for JD to get the exposure BABA gets and it will moon.

>gawdy tooth jewelry
LUL
nice point however $tsla has accumulated and surpassed google in data for the automated driving neural network... that alone is enough to fund tsla for a while

The markups are just because the overhead is fucking ridiculous. These companies make like 1% on revenues after you strip out all their expenses. They've been forced to literally factor in life and death into their profit margins (ie do we recall this faulty part in all the vehicles, or is it cheaper to just let people die and just pay for litigation?). For longevity, why wouldn't you make your best selling vehicles last a smaller lifetime? you sell more cars that way - AAPL does the same shit with the iPhone.
Semi-related, Tesla is also has a huge legal risk. Self driving cars--without question--will run into issues/glitches and if anything goes wrong theyll be the first company to be dragged into court over it.

you've sold me, I'm gonna look to sell off some of my other holdings and pick up JD in the near future

>can take a tax refund and buy a macbook or iphone, not true with ford.
Of course it is, normies get financing and only pay $1000 down

Thats because for chevy, the bolt is a dud and is just their to defend the brands market share - its a filler. Both the Leaf and the Prius are running that segment--Chevy is #1 in the 4 door with its Volt (which, again, is the best selling EV in the world).

The Volt is Chevy's gas-electric hybrid, the Bolt is their 100% EV

You wont regret it m8

BABA has run massively over the last 12 months, whilst JD hasn't based off the same market conditions and same economic outlook.

Add to the fact JD is more premium, appealing to the middle classes better and far more counterfeit proof thanks to the delivery network and never leaving their own logistics centres.

In any case economic growth will have another huge year and e-commerce in china surely cant lose when their economy is like this, you could pick any large cap out of a hat in China last year and you would be up 20%.

They've been building new stores and shutting down the poor performing ones. They've been buying back shares and pay out a good dividend

the growing of their stores is perfect timing, Sports chalet and sports authority went out of buisness those costumers will go to BGFV or DKS but mostly BGFV because it's a completely different customer base.

Hey guys, I don't usually smoke weed any more but I did today and so I made a pie chart.

Questions, concerns, comments, complaints?

They have over 400 retail stores and a profit of under $20 million per year. Their revenue and profit has barely grown over the last several years. Do the math, each store location brings in less than $45k profit on average. It's just not a lucrative business.

The only thing i think they have going for them is that alot of the stuff they sell you need to go in store to try on / test out - golf clubs, hockey equipment and sticks etc. There's no way they can continue paying that dividend at their current margins

Weed stocks getting BTFO this week