You have 10 seconds to give me ONE good reason why you aren't investing in this man

You have 10 seconds to give me ONE good reason why you aren't investing in this man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V2KNqluP8M0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Didn't find his coin on CMC.

tesla overpriced, spacex private

Baldness genes

The guy is gonna die from overworking.

Rip this legend. He will be buried on Mars

Overbought

>overpriced
>in crypto
>laughingwhores.jpeg

In all seriousness, I'd rather take a bigger risk with my 20k. Holding VEN, INT, TRAC

>investing in a flamethrower maker.
I only invest in myself, and things that make me money/life easier.

>Investing in cryptos

im all in LINK

I have one share of Tesla. Probably will have to sell though, because I won't have $ to pay the rent in 2 months.

I bought a bunch of Teslacoin. user you should too

it's not available in binance...

FUCK THIS SHIT

He looks too smug

who is this nobody?

>he thinks robots will overtake the world terminator-style
>doesn't want to make profit, all he wants is to use the profits for is to get to Mars

>rebranding existing tech
>high material costs (REE and others)
>high energy cost (neutralizing "green")
>little to no advancement to solar efficiency in past decade
>liquid fuel is far more energy dense
>ignores advent of new nuclear
>high temp reactors mean fuel from atmospheric CO2
>Ford, BMW, MB will do it all better anyhow
>Mars is a waste of time and money
>Elon knows fuckall about planetary science

t. 2x NASA Mars mission scientist - also, my sister bought a p90d and it handles like dogshit, the interior is falling apart after a year and it has been back at Tesla for a month of that time.

Just wait to POWR and and TESLA work together, you can win it all back faggots

>hair transplant
>too much plastic surgery
>effeminate
>not as smart as people think
>shyster
>conman
>fraud

there are some reasons, try to disprove a single one, i'll wait.

His whole mentality and vision matches that of a GBS goon that has read too much pulp scifi. I'll side with Bezos.

Shares the same smile as Hillary Clinton, and claims his employees work as his own.

but there have been advancements in solar tech in the last decade. They're cheaper and more efficient than ever.

Here's mine... have you ever seen a Tesla dealership? There are Tesla stores around, where they have one, maybe two cars you can test drive. But you can't buy one there. It's because every car is "made for their owner," meaning you put a deposit down, your car gets "made," and you pay the rest upon delivery. Sounds novel, but really it's a symptom of failure. They're using deposit money to build cars in real time as well as funneling the rest into R+D. They're hemorrhaging millions a day, some say $8k a minute. They lose $4k on every car they produce. Q4 they lost $600m+. And they're miles behind projections, failing to meet deadlines on their "everyday" Model 3.

Elon Musk is the Justin Sun of carmakers. He'll always be fine but the company is built on hype

Lost all my money

everything you say is correct, and to make things worse they're getting huge government subsidies and tax exemptions as well, meaning our fucking tax dollars are going towards this con mans bullshit

I'm his doppelganger

How much XLM for this man

1-3% in last decade or more. Photovoltaics exist simply to line the pockets of green companies and remote power operation (where grid too costly to go). Even parabolic reflectors are smarter (if you can keep them clean).

elan musk is just a bald marketing chad

>little to no advancement to solar efficiency in past decade
That's a lie. Solar is cheaper than ever.
>liquid fuel is far more energy dense
?? He is using liquid fuel.
>ignores advent of new nuclear
What groundbreaking new nuclear tech do you have in mind?
>Ford, BMW, MB will do it all better anyhow
Pretty big assumption. Not entirely unreasonable, but arguments could be made
>Mars is a waste of time and money
Let free market decide, will you?
>Elon knows fuckall about planetary science
Do you have an example?

>>little to no advancement to solar efficiency in past decade
>That's a lie. Solar is cheaper than ever.
Well not a lie to be precise, sorry for the wrong wording, just a misleading omission of the cost reduction that was achieved. The efficiency is good enough already I'd say.

Ya, no thanks to this fag. The only reason he bough solar city is because his shitty ass cousins were going bankrupt and he bailed them out. This dude is a straight con man who lives off government welfare.

Its weird to me that this board loves this guy when he is a bigger welfare queen than all of the south combined. I though /pol/ was all over this board.

i don't trust hair tranplanlets

lost everything on crypto

back to wagecucking

>Let free market decide, will you?
are you fucking dense? The US Gov is balls deep in this asshole. Where's your retarded free market in that scenario? Go read some more rand faggot.

See
Cheaper does not mean better. It just means it is being subsidized. Who cares if your Si cell is cheaper to produce - still a piece of shit and a waste of money to put it on grid.

Look into any of the thermal spectrum reactor design. They were proven and operated 50 years ago. Also PRISM, FLiBe, Transatomic Power, and even AP1000 shitboxes or even hybrid fusion/fission with tokamaks (ITER and other designs). Nuclear is only choice if you want to advance to next stage. Solar/Wind is a meme on scale. Geothermal IS nuclear (and involves a lot of radionuclides). Watch to understand basics:

youtu.be/V2KNqluP8M0

Look at anything he has said about terraforming Mars with the littlest bit of scrutiny. He thinks he can make an electromagnetic field on the scale of a planet. He talks literal bullshit above type 1 civilization without any of the steps in-between.

The single biggest problem with solar is battery technology, which he's been pushing like an absolute madman.
Efficiency, upkeep, and price are all secondary to battery tech.

Space is total larp sucking up public funding on bullshit.
He is a CIA creation.

>I though /pol/ was all over this board.
But it is. And you sound like one as well.
Government is his customer. SpaceX literally saves hundreds of millions of taxpayers' dollars annually. I bet you'd suck Boeing's and Lockheed Martin's nigger dick if you could.

well said.

>taking out massive gov loan, repaying in inflated stock sales, avoiding taxes because "we're green and shit" so that the taxpayer can "save" on launches

Your're goddamn right I would. They've done more for spaceflight and aviation in the last century than spacex will ever do. All SpaceX does is stand on the shoulders of giants.

>inb4 the faggy falcon lands itself and shit

So does Blue Origin. And I have way more respect for Bezos than I ever would with muskrat. Get the fuck out of here soyboy.

Investing in various companies. Tesla can't make production. Posts "profits." Smells like Enron

i'll buy it from you for the price it's worth 10AGRS.
Contact me at [email protected]

Price **It's** worth +10AGRS

Fucking forgot about the subsidies, good call. If nothing else, the green movement was the best marketing campaign since bottled water

I had a thought about this the other day. Solar panels get hotter in the sun than black shingles on their surface by about 9 degrees, though the solar cells are cooler on the bottom. If solar shingles received mainstream adoption, I feel they'd contribute far more to global warming as a whole. I imaginebi should do more research to validate this butbon the surface it sounds like a problem

Efficiency isn't the problem these days

you can have a 99.99% efficiency solar panel, but if it only outputs 10 Watts and costs $60,000 then you'll never get your money back

Efficiency and reliability was important back when Solar panels were made for remote areas without power grids, sattelites and such, they never intended to compete with other energy sources at price per KW

But advancements made in manufacturing processes and panel technology has allowed to create panels that might not be as efficient as currently existing ones, but for a fraction of the price

so instead of having a 40% efficient panel outputting some amount of Watts, you can output the same amount at a lower, with less efficient, cheaper panels, albeit with a larger footprint, which isn't currently a problem as there's plenty of space on rooftops and empty terrains to place panels on

It's true that solar panels won't be able to compete with fossil fuel energy in the next years, and there's enough oil and coal to keep going for 100+ years

and oil is so profitable that oil prices could drop easily to compete with solar power

but with improved production methods, research to make panels from cheaper material, reduced battery costs, etc, eventually a complete solar energy system might be able to make return of investment in 5 years or less, to the point it would be a good investment at larger scale

but again it all depends on the end cost of a solar power system, not it's efficiency

He's a faggot

>Cheaper does not mean better. It just means it is being subsidized.
But it is cheaper to produce - subsidies aside. If the solar roof ends up being even twice as expensive as Elon promised, it is still a good price to pay for being completely off-grid.
>fusion
I do think that we should invest more into fusion research, but that's up to governments to do with their stolen taxes, so why bring it up here? Surely you're not suggesting that Elon should feel compelled to sunk his billions into fusion research, when it's not even certain at this point that fusion reactors can ever be feasible.
>terraforming Mars
Well, the feasibility depends on how much do you want to terraform it.
>They've done more for spaceflight and aviation in the last century than spacex will ever do
SpaceX has the single most advanced tech on the market, brainlet.
>So does Blue Origin.
>comparing sub-orbital launcher to orbital launcher
Holy shit you're retarded, please kill yourself.

>He astroturfed the shit out of Veeky Forums and futurology in order to help his insecurity issues >He was bullied a lot as a kid, and while I normally am against bullying, I think this guy is the exception. I am sick of hearing about him
>Pic related to prove my point

>being this butthurt about someone

"Profits Are Not Our Primary Goal" - Musk

Hey, you're running a publicly held company. Sorry, but profits ARE your primary goal, that's what public companies are there for.

If he wants to run a charity, that's his choice, just make it a private company. But when you run a public company, you have a fiduciary responsibility to your shareholders.

A company with a $59B market cap that has only generated positive earnings for what, 2 quarters?

Man ought to be ashamed of himself for taking advantage of the retarded people who invest in his company.

he's a bubble

why not buy hair when you're a billionaire

let's face it, nobody does re-usable rockets as well as musk who is an actual engineer and actually works on these rockets.

let's face it, without re-usable rockets humanity has no future in space. so basically i'm in favour of the guy on those grounds alone.

nasas expensive as fuck space launch system isnt going to get us anywhere. without musk there is no realistic mars plan, period.

>"Profits Are Not Our Primary Goal" - Musk
>Hey, you're running a publicly held company. Sorry, but profits ARE your primary goal, that's what public companies are there for.
Tesla investors know about this and obviously don't care. Who are you to decide what free market should or should not do? A commie?
>A company with a $59B market cap that has only generated positive earnings for what, 2 quarters?
>who was Amazon

Nice spacing though, reddit-kun.

bubble

>Money aspirations
He bangs hot women

The question was why WE aren't investing in the man.

Sure, in a free market, people with poor decision making skills are allowed to give their money to a man who doesn't care about losing it all, but I'm not going to participate in such a relationship.

As far as the spacing goes... some of us still post from PC's, and it's easier to read longer comments this way.

>So does Blue Origin
Nice LARP

I didn't say fusion. I said hybrid if at all. You need tritium from fission reactor to stabilize and keep a fusion reactor going. I think you are way out of your league here. If licensing were as inexpensive and easy as it should be, nuclear would be king (as it should be). We have protected oil/gas/coal and now we protect solar/wind

>feasibility depends on how much you want it
No, it depends on being able to harness the quadrillion gigawatts of a planet.

Jeff Bezos doesn't have to buy hair, he goes to the gym instead. I'd rather take Amazon drones to Mars than Elon's overhyped rockets

Jesus fuck go back to r/elonmusk. You have no idea what you're even talking about.

>SpaceX has the single most advanced tech on the market, brainlet.

You can't literally be that drunk on kool aid.

t. aviation brainlet

You can bang hot women WITHOUT losing $330 million per year.

Just glaze over that footprint, grid access, peak, storage, replacement/failure rate, upfront costs, maintenance costs....is this pasta or some shit because it reads like some nonsense from SolarCity???

>r/elonmusk
You have to go back.

Explain to me how its a larp?

they're not overhyped
if anything they're underhyped

he's going to be mass producing fully reusable rocket systems that lower the cost of access to space by at least 10 times

and then he's going to build a massive mars spaceship that refuels on methane on the martian surface.

nasa meanwhile is about to build a rocket so expensive they can only launch a couple of them one time each at mind boggling expense.

without musk there is no future in space. thats just statement of fact. nobody else is pushing this tech except bezos somewhat to a smaller degree

I cannot exactly disagree, except I think you're underestimating upsides of decentralized nature of solar. You cannot build a nuclear reactor at home. The upside of living off-grid is too big to dismiss, even if I grant you that nuclear is a more efficient solution. Think of it as a hedge against your gubment.
or
The_Donald
Either way, fuck off brainlet /pol/tard.

I'm not saying Blue Origin is shit, far from it, but comparing it with SpaceX ? I don't think it's reasonnable. On the other hand I do think SpaceX is hyped while BO is "underhyped" and may suprise us in the future

>Never go full fanboy.

I see you've never taken an engineering class. Go read some more futurology articles you fucking bootlicker.

Certainly not shit, but I disagree that BO is underhyped. They haven't done anything deserving of hype. Bezos is much wealthier than Elon, yet his pet company cannot compare to SpaceX in any way whatsoever. By the time BO proves themselves, SpaceX will be flying BFR. I strongly dislike Bezos, but hey, fair competition is a good thing and I wish BO well.

>rails against gubment
>Drives on roads
>using public utilities
>enjoys social order

libertarian fagget.

>What groundbreaking new nuclear tech do you have in mind?
There's technology for new type of reactors that produce less waste and make risk of a meltdown effectively zero.

Thorium reactors are a far cry from proven tech. Don't fall for the pop-sci memes.

Still miles closer than MUH MARS and infinitely more worthwhile

not an argument

Yea that's why I'm saying BO might surprise us in the future. Bezos doesn't seem to take it seriously for the moment

Take the time to read up on the Lockheed Martin Compact Fusion Product.

As an investor, it's worth throwing a bit of money into their stock just to let it ride.

While waiting for them to finish the project, you still have the earnings power of a major defense contractor.

With Compact fusion....

... a power plant on the back of a truck will power a city of 100,000

... it will be small enough to fit on and power their C5 Galaxy Plane. The plane will fly for a year on a few bottles of hydrogen.

... It will speed up space travel. So a trip to mars would take one month instead of six.

... Existing oil and coal power plants could be retrofitted.

Based on the past performance of the SkunkWorks, this is the best bet for future energy tech.

"Project" not "Product" they're still 5 years out from it being a product.

You've no idea what you're talking about.
Well, $1b annual funding is a pretty big deal. But clearly he's missing something, given the lack of achievements. Bezos knows nothing about rocket science or engineering, so that might be a factor too.

>durr u hav kno idee
And you surely have shown your expertise, huh
Fuck outta here

Kek, you're the one who fell for the thorium meme, not me. You're in no position to use sarcasm.

>rare earth materials are actually rare
ahah good one

>fell for the memes on a guy on the popsci level of Neil DeGrasse Tyson
>"HAHA YOU THINK [relatively obscure thing the vast majority of the population knows about] MIGHT HAVE POTENTIAL IF RESEARCHED LOOOL"

The fuck is this incomprehensible shitpost, brainlet?

can't turn a profit on any of his shit now.

SpaceX is profitable.