Why are people still hodling?

Every day I wake up and everything is down more than it was the previous day.

You do understand that you can sell now you can buy more later.
Even if you believe in crypto and think there's going to be a bitcoin bullrun to 1 million it doesn't make sense to hodl because it isn't going to happen for a long time (if it ever happens).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gYG2tF4iObM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I’m not a weak handed soyboy

I dont sell I only buy more

youtube.com/watch?v=gYG2tF4iObM

But it makes no sense.

What's the point of having $10000 in crypto which is going to be worth $2000 in a month when you can have $10000 in fiat and buy five times as much in a months time?

i dont trust tether. how i am supposed to sell?

Cuckbase

Thing is, people like me holding now know they are literal retards. Therefore, we cannot trust our own judgements. Sure, we may feel it will go down more, but that's what a retard would think at the literal bottom. So to avoid falling victim to my own stupidity I just don't do anything.
The future of crypto is in the hands of folks much smarter than I. Maybe they can pull it off and make my bags worth something.

Your thinly veiled predictions convinced me. Going to sell it now because of the manifold arguments you made.

I was saying this the second it hit 12k

How much lower does it have to drop before you'll listen?

Here is the problem. NONE of us can predict the future. NONE. If you think otherwise you're fucking retarded.

because as soon as i sell the trend will reverse INSTANTLY and I buy back at a higher price

I have learned from my mistakes

Holding only makes sense if you don't keep an eye on your portfolio. I got out at 12k (when I should've gotten out at 14 or 16... or hell, 20). If we get a 10% uptick, I'll buy back in. Would I be better off if I didn't have my cash, but had my BTC at a 33% reduced value to USD? Hell no.

I don't know if the #hodl meme arose out of naivete, or if its purpose was to actively try to manipulate unsophisticated investors into propping the price up, but it's stupid... unless you're strictly long term, then go right ahead.

As long as most of your money is fiat you'll be fine.

Sure keep ~10% in just in case there's a crazy x100 bullrun out of nowhere and it'll more than make up for your losses but don't keep anything big in otherwise you're going to get burned

I'm too lazy to log in to buttrex to be complete honest here
Just fucking crash already CMON TWO RED CANDLES

If you sold at 16k, 14k, 12k or 10k the trend would continued spiraling downwards.

What makes you think selling now will? The market doesn't revolve around you.

>market goes up
>"LOL Why didnt you buy more, stay poor faggot"
>market goes down
>"LOL why didnt you sell, stay poor faggot"

funny how bizfags can 100% accurately predict the future but they only come out AFTER shit has crashed/mooned already. you larping hooms can all go eat a dick you probably dont even have 5 figs invested in cryptos and trying to psyche out hardened vets here. its not gonna work senpai so quit wasting your time and go get laid or something

I haven't made money yet.

I'm down 80% since starting.

Why bother selling? I'll just hodl til it either the companies go bankrupt or it goes up.

I never invested more than I could afford to lose - about 6k$ in June spread in some ltc, btc monero and eth. Sure, I am seeing everything wither and die before my eyes, but it's not like I stopped wage slaving during that interval. I will be fine. It's just the dream of freedom that is dying... and as long as I don't sell, it cannot die completely.

I bought in October 2016 and put in all the money ($3k) I felt I could lose having it exposed to crypto.

I'm not selling because:

1. It's money I don't need.
2. I won't lose money unless it goes back to 2016 prices.
3. I don't need gains unless they're sufficient to purchase a house (a nice house, at least 3 bedrooms by the sea).
4. Doing what everyone else is doing (i.e. at this moment panic-selling) is why people lose money - which is a shame and I feel sorry for you but it's your decision.
5. I don't want to lose my exposure to crypto just keep altering my portfolio for projects I think are actually going to be productive in the long run - this sentiment hasn't changed it's just a much larger part of my portfolio.

Blockchain still has huge world-changing potential regardless of whether there's a speculative mania.

Everytime i sell it recovers shortly after
This time won't be any different

You fudders have hit your resistance. I didn't fucking sell in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. I sure as fuck am not selling now. Call it a ponzi, call it what you want, but I am not letting fucks like you kill this.

Fuck me man, what the fuck is Fiat? The only thing that comes to mind is a car

thank i just got fired from my job

Because I've been at the point in my life where I've been ready to kill myself with my glock 23 even before crypto started dipping hard. I dont care anymore. I'd rather play super irresponsibly and lose everything and still kill myself since I have no family or make a stupid fuck ton of money and die of an overdose while having my cock sucked in a lambo. I dont plan on living past the age of 40 even if I dont kill myself soon and I'm never having kids so what do I have to lose? Come on senpai

I wanna dump all of my heavy semen bags into her

This. I'm enjoying the current market. It's exactly what I expected.

Jesus.. black pill ID checks out.

god speed you magnificent bastard

STOP POSTING THOTS

>implying Veeky Forums fucks aren't just trying to trick retards into BUY HIGH SELL LOW so that they can buy cheaper themselves

OMG being THAT retarded.

i am almost done launching my web shop, tied with a REAL LEGIT company, established in 1991, doors open to visit physically, where you can buy diamonds with bitcoin at wholesale prices

in terms of sellable value, you should maintain significantly more than after taxes

would anyone be interested in this?

Buy fun. No gambling tax.

Atleast the annoying flippening comments have ceased, and I hate buttcoin.