PoC and Women kept out of crypto and we got fucked because of it

I thought this was a meme, but they're making pretty solid arguments.

I think crypto is crashing right now because it never made good on its promise to be a democratizing system for all of the people. With just white males (95% according to Thinkprogress) in the game, it's a surprise the house of cards hasn't crashed before. Remember, white males already crashed wall street and banking in 2008, that's 10 years ago.

The point is we need to find ways to include more folks and this will benefit crypto and everyone with a stake in the game. That means even the white males will benefit.

lulz.com/women-people-color-minorities-excluded-crypto-currency-440/

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/01/why-are-so-few-black-people-using-bitcoin/384268/
thinkprogress.org/bitcoin-by-the-privileged-for-the-privileged-113ea4afcc66/
aclu.org/other/oppose-voter-id-legislation-fact-sheet
youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There were so many dumb niggers and women who bought into obvious shitcoins and scams though.

I remember when "women and people of color" made fun of internet users (nerds)

tl;dr useless self-pity and whinging

how to get women and blacks into btc:
tell the to sign up on coinbase

holy shit i just solved the problem

Not according to the numbers. They have done a lot of studies and I skimmed them from the citations in the articles.

>With just white males (95% according to Thinkprogress) in the game

I have no idea what thinkprogress but that's blatantly false and delusional, china runs over 80% of the crypto market and that's being thoroughly generous

I thought so too, but there are structural issues at play built right into coinbase.

I convinced three niggers and a niggress buy btc @ 12k
They must hate me right now, kinda like it

wtf how? sign up, buy coins. even niggers can do that, just watch that one stream from etika where he buys bitcoin within 5 minutes.

This is the dumbest bait I've seen here in the last day and that's saying a lot. Fuck off back to /pol/

Sp the argument that they are being "excluded" is because it's... hard? Wut

Not at all. There are multiple structural issues and lawmakers and ACLU have and are dealing with some of them...please don't reduce it to uninformed talking points.

I will pay you 20 Eth if you can show me right now how coinbase by design prevents women and PoC from buying crypto. Post address with your proof.

FUCK FEDERAL GOV NEEDS TO MANDATE EQUAL LENDING OF BUTTCOINS THROUGH THE SERIES OF TUBES

Asian female here, in balls deep, literally.

They require IDs. ACLU and the law is very clear that this excludes significant portions of the PoC community.

Nice

wait so inanimate objects can make promises?

Isn’t it illegal not to have an ID in many states?

Show milky or gtfo

Niggers can’t read. Coinbase isn’t written in emojis. Racism.
You can leave those ETH to yourself.

That's not discriminating against blacks or women, that's discriminating against people without ID's, and for very valid security reasons. It's not Coinbase's fault that black people don't have ID's.

How did this keep out women in any way again? Are you insinuating that women are less likely to have IDs?

The only thing for sure is that coinbase is forced to completely exclude people from certain States such as Hawaii due to local laws.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you're 100% wrong. Voter ID has been established in law and culture (our common human understanding then) as a racist concept that attacks PoC. You're using simplistic reductions constructed specifically to serve specific talking points on republican sites like infowars.

jews aren't white tho

Great. If niggers and spics are too dumb to get an ID then they don't deserve to vote.

This fucking yank cultural imperialism.

>Nigs and Chinks and Thots in the US are too fucking stupid to do basic shit to get an ID. This is the fault of the white man.
>It must apply worldwide
>Ignoring the Japs, Chinese and Korean exchanges that shape the market.

KYS.
Seriously.

Crypto also has Literacy Tests. This is not a test for literacy as the term suggests; it's a concept of a required chunk of knowledge designed specifically to include and exclude certain groups. Crypto's Literacy Test includes white males and excludes women. Hope I explained this in a way you can understand, I'm trying to respond to a lot of questions because people are too lazy to read the article beyond the headline.

Dr. s..?

Ready for this fly out?

Great. If women can't fucking understand crypto then they don't deserve crypto.

White males couldn't understand it either when it came out so they don't deserve it? I'm saying the technicals were designed in such a way as to overlap with traditional white male interests and spaces to get them in, and then fuck everyone else, to put it simply.

You don't understand the definition of the word "discrimination". It requires a criteria for it to exist. Here, the criteria is the existence of an ID, not race. There is absolutely nothing inherent about this completely valid criteria that should affect race. Black people chose to not get ID's.

This is not an opinion, it's a fact. It's what that word means.

You are just wrong. ACLU has won every case like this. It is discrimination. That's law. That's even in the culture. read any magazine that's not funded by a republican think tank.

>Designed to keep out women and POC
Imagine being so fucking self-absorbed that you think people care enough to design a system entirely around preventing you from accessing it

ahahahhaha the article basically implies that women and 'people of color' are braindead idiots, wow shocking

Intentionally? Maybe not. But we have to look at the empirical data and the end result.

>White males couldn't understand it either when it came out so they don't deserve it?

The whites that don't understand it absolutely don't fucking deserve it, correct. The onus is not on me to cater to retards. The onus is on them to fucking learn more. I think all of the groups mentioned can learn more if they actually try, but I guess you think they're all hopeless and in need of a white savior to give them free crypto just so they're equally "represented" in the ecosystem.

He just bought the pump, dump it

>you are wrong
Please find me a dictionary that contradicts my definition.

lmao the entire article is implying PoC and women are too stupid to figure how to buy crypto. The ID point is bogus. the only supression is that these people aren't forward thinking enough to look into emerging tech. Straight males are in tech, VR, Machine learning, AI etc etc.

>lulz.com

>Voter ID
>niggers and women aren’t responsible enough to get IDs, somehow they would’ve made a lot of money in crypto!

The empirical data shows no correlation. 2 subsets having equal deltas in 2 different variables does not mean there is a correlation, let alone cause.

also this chunk, are you kidding? You think theres a crypto school where all stright males magically go to to understand these terms? Its called curiousity and willingness to learn. Not the system is keeping blacky down hurr durr
It’s a complex issue that requires nuance. But let’s start to explore it by looking at just a taster of the kinds of exotic terms a Bitcoin hopeful is required to understand before operating in any kind of cryptocurrency space.

Blockchain.
Nodes.
Forking.
Satoshi.
51% Attack.
PoW.
PoS.
Ledgers.
Hashrate.
Public/Private Keys.

Is your head spinning yet?

And the problematic themes don’t stop with what’s effectively a racist voter literacy test from the Jim Crow era.

>designed specifically to include and exclude certain groups
wait, so you actually think SATOSHI NAKAMOTO designed crypto currency to make white men rich?

I'm sorry, but buying BTC via Coinbase is too complex? I could understand everything else, but Coinbase? How much of a brain dead retard you must be...

No-coiner nigger detected. Kek, can’t buy any coins? Hahahahaha the absolute state of woman and POC

CAN YOU FUCKERS NOT GIVE THIS BITCH FREE CLICKS. LET THIS THREAD DIE.

Once again, for everyone who is taking part in this conversation in good faith, I refer you to ACLU, case law, and actual data.

Just because we're on Veeky Forums doesn't mean every post has to be "trolling," we often have fruitful conversations as well.

Why Are So Few Black People Using Bitcoin? — The Atlantic
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/01/why-are-so-few-black-people-using-bitcoin/384268/

Bitcoin: By The Privileged, For The Privileged — ThinkProgress
thinkprogress.org/bitcoin-by-the-privileged-for-the-privileged-113ea4afcc66/

ACLU voter ID fact sheet
aclu.org/other/oppose-voter-id-legislation-fact-sheet

>choose not to get ID
>amazed that he can't do things that require an ID

The empirical data shows that women aren't interested in the tech and are unwilling to take financial risks in the same way as men. If you're seriously suggesting that social egalitarianism takes precedent over efficiency when designing a system, I don't know what to say.

Stop getting mad about obvious satire written by /pol/ for /pol/.

It’s calked “lulz.com” for Christ’s sake.

white male here, I don't understand shit about crypto except two things.
>buy low
>sell high
Niggers and women should try buying crypto in australia in 2013 and earlier, then try they'll know what's fucking harder. Stay poor and dumb my sub 100 IQ friend

I’m kekking to the moon

Can you show me how it's harder for a black to get an ID than for a white man please?

Main reason women aren't going into crypto is that it's a highly competitive market, fluctuating heavily. Women are, on average, higher in the Big Five traits Agreeableness (meaning more cooperative, less competetive, as well as more emotionally driven) and Neuroticism (more prone to emotional sensitivity and nervousness - adverse to risk). On top of that the distribution scale of g (general intelligence) is different in men and women.

Pickers of Cotton, quite simply, have lower average IQ than whites/asians/jews. This difference is exaggerated at both ends of the extremes of the spectrum.

Succeeding in crypto requires a combination of traits that are not as commonly found in women/blacks as it is in other groups. Simple as that.

t. psychologist

If it's satire why does it actually make intelligent and cited analysis instead of sperging about FUCKING WHITE MALES like Salon? How can satire be less satire than the real deal? See what I mean? The domain name is a reference to internet culture because that's what the blog is about. If it were 4channers they'd use a meme that didn't die 10 years ago.

also, lol at the implicit assumption of all 4channers being right-wingers.

See the last link in This is about as established as gravity at this point.

Brb 5 mins have to take a shit

I did read it, I did not see a single thing that discriminated against blacks, only the statement that they use ID's less. There doesn't seem to be anything stopping them other than their own lack of will.

From the Atlantic article:
>That level of economic disparity means that African Americans accumulate less less in savings and stock holdings compared to other groups—which doesn’t make the strongest case for owning an asset as volatile as Bitcoin.
>For most African American investors, these effects (of Bitcoin volatility) can be disproportionately devastating.

It is extremely irresponsible to try and push coins that easily lose 30-50% to anyone who depends heavily on every dollar.

Stop pushing them to hold the bag on shitcoins, if you consider the 6 month market now it is clear that they made the right choice not to gamble money they can't lose.

>Niggers and roasties
>PoC and Women

Fuck off reddit

I can see some larger issues that could keep black people out of crypto, namely poverty/fucked up family means you have less access to wealth, difficulty in acquiring ID, and are less likely to have experience with tech stuff meaning you probably heard about crypto later than most people and have a larger hill to climb in learning about it.
The latter two are larger issues for which tougher access to crypto is a symptom of not a cause of and could be described as poverty and intergenerational dysfunction being passed along. Also tech stuff not being "cool" until recently means that people tend to self select out of bothering to learn it. Their loss, can't blame everyone but yourself for this part.
The former though fuck that, I put in crypto money by saving from my shitty job and living below my means and not spending money on things I can't afford, like a kid.
Getting money off crypto requires some starting resources but these are not outside the means of someone who even has a more difficult time getting them to acquire. They are understandable, basic parts of participation in society and if you can't deal with that you are going to have a bad time in other areas of life too. We technically could engineer society in a way to make them less of an issue, but at that point we would be getting rid of a lot of free market and innovation incentivizing parts which are its strength in exchange for a more structured society, which do not have great track records in recent history.
If your parents have their shit together it is easy and they likely even helped you get a drivers license, if their shit is not together then good luck getting proof of identity like a birth certificate because they probably didn't keep track of it. They

>If your parents have their shit together it is easy and they likely even helped you get a drivers license, if their shit is not together then good luck getting proof of identity like a birth certificate because they probably didn't keep track of it.
What the fuck does any of this have to do with being black or white? I asked how is it harder for a black man to get an ID than for a white man and apparently no one can tell me.

The proof is in the pudding and we have to deal with reality. When we know that less blacks have IDs it does become discriminatory to require them. Especially when crypto has been one of the largest wealth transfers ever. There are historical nuances and wounds at play as well here.

It's a bit like saying if Andrew Anglin (the neonazi) ends up hiring 20 people who are all white males, it's a coincidence until we have the ultimate proof of what went on in his mind.

Love this reflected post, you're a rarity among posters. I don't agree with everything but you have it mostly together and good point re: parents.

Africa, South America, poorer regions of Asia, India, Eastern Yurop.

>What the fuck does any of this have to do with being black or white?
Because black people's shit is disproportionately more not together than white peoples. People aren't born with life management skills and if your parents don't know it they aren't going to pass it along to you

Right? 70%+ of the BTC hashing power is based in China. Southeast Asians and Indians are some the first groups that come to mind when I think of crypto. Definitely not just a game for us "pasty creatures"

youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs

So you have absolutely no evidence that it is harder for a black man to get an ID than for a white man.

How is that not entirely their own fault? How is asking for someone to get their shit in order racism?

>So you have absolutely no evidence that it is harder for a black man to get an ID than for a white man.
What? explained it very well.

There aren't nazis at the DMV keeping them from getting IDs but generational and economic issues.

Nobody knows what color you are online. Just educate yourself and then go on an exchange and get started. Is this bait?

>How is that not entirely their own fault?
Yes and no. All the choices that could lead to someone not having a drivers license are just that, choices. And for them to continue without getting one is also a choice, as are free to make or not make in our society.
Let me ask you a question though:
Why do you think black people are disproportionately poor and have been historically?

yes niggers are retarded and basically not even real human beings. same could be said about roasties. but why should a glorious white male care about these creatures?

You in the nig nogs have bitconnect, I'm not sure what your issue is. They even put out jingles

What economic and generational effect makes it harder for a black man to get an ID?

Now you're trolling. Please keep it sincere if only in this thread.

>get asked for proof of claim
>have none
>"hurr u troll"

>With just white males (95% according to Thinkprogress)
HAHAHA, RETARD, HAVE YOU EVEN BEEN IN A TROLLBOX? PAJEETS AND MUHAMMADS EVERYWHERE

-> >If your parents have their shit together it is easy and they likely even helped you get a drivers license, if their shit is not together then good luck getting proof of identity like a birth certificate because they probably didn't keep track of it.
is just one example of it

How does this only apply to blacks? Couldn't one also argue it's their own fault for having a child they can't, won't or don't care for?

Again, what does that have to do with blacks? Are you saying blacks are inherently less capable of having their shit in order?

Nobody said it only applies to blacks but they are the most victimized by this phenomenon. Once again please see ACLU fact sheet further up in the thread.

if your parents lost your birth certificate that's pretty fucked for sure.
as far as the driver's license goes, in my state (MD) you can get a state ID that doesn't require any skills test.

how are they victimized?

Stop trolling dude.

It's in the OP. Coinbase etc entry points for new crypto people require IDs.

BITCONEEEEEECT had PoC

damn it i wanted to make this shitpost

makes me remember what happened last time women and poc got into crypto

>it is a /pol/ thread
Sage & hide.

It's not a shitpost, but if you want you can copypaste it when the thread dies for further discussion. I'm on the board 24/7 any way so I'll join.

>durr copy and pasting wallet addresses is hard dats sexist and waysis

ayo diz be sharkeihsa what it do?
it crashing?
dump it

That article is #1 on most of the search engines for
>women and people of color in crypto

It makes a series of arguments that have yet to be rebutted

It is extensively cited

Dismissing it as /pol/ or trolling is cowardice.

>illegal not to have your papers or your papers not in order
>they fought a revolution for this
TOP KEK

t. comfy ID-less Limey

Oh, and by the way OPs article is Veeky Forums oc pasta

you bleedin' newfags

If only there was some way to buy the bit coins in exchange for valuable fiat cash

>they're making pretty solid arguments
Stop reading there.

Should've had them buy at 20k so they'd kill themselves now