15$ minimum wage? Here's your replacement

>15$ minimum wage? Here's your replacement
Isn't this an argument in favor of a higher minimum wage?
I want to never have to talk to a fast food employee, want one of these in every fast food restaurant.

Why do we need dumb people to have jobs. Fuck them all. $30 minimum wage now!

lol, no one will use these things and will just order at the counter instead

dude, if like had a $400/hr minimum wage everyone would be rich

enjoy your $100 hamburger

>slightly higher minimum wage encourages investment in technology
>conservatives still will oppose it

because I enjoy repeating myself to dumb niggers

A friendly reminder that the government is pushing the higher minimum wage to stoke inflation so they default on their debt.

There's a level of trust that needs to exist when ordering food.
People trust humans, they won't trust a machine.

It's an argument against because the people who actually benefit from capital recognize what will happen if people aren't able to earn their living.

Letting them be nervous about losing their job while paying them very little is better than actually putting them out of a job and letting them get desperate.

Unfortunately those things can’t make your food and present it to you yet, ordertaking is only one step of the process to get your mcburgers and labour wise ordertakers only account for 10-15% of staff on the floor

I'd trust a machine over a teenage kid any day.

>current year
>eating fast food
I was going to tell you to KYS but actually I don't need to. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Theve been in Australia for ages and i use them whenever i go there

>forcing the customer to become the cashier
I would draw a dick on it when no one is looking

No you wouldn't any you know it.
That's why all these restaurants with them at the tables are collecting dust.

We allready have this where I live, nobody uses the humans anymore, because the screens don't make mistakes, and are much simpler to use.

topkek, yes it is OP...

problem for me as an ausfag is that min wages here haven't resulted in any of the problems you burgercucks carry on about... then again, mechanics make 60k + here....

you obviously don't live in a place where these things are

>will

they've been around for 2 years now

spotted the underage fag who's out of a job.

I live where they exist.
I never see anyone use them. Ever.

You live in Europe, where wages are cucked up by taxes.

oh boy

>No you wouldn't any you know it.
Yes I would, teenage kids fuck up my order all the time. I've never had an order get fucked up by a machine.

The only reason to go to the counter is if its a chick who's hot and I want to talk to.

>I've never had an order get fucked up by a machine

too bad the cooks are still human

Imagine being so poor you eat at McDonald's

>have these in canacuck land for over a year
>people only pay at the counter if 100% of the electronic kiosks are occupied
>even a line can form for the kiosks when the counter is free, the employee idly waiting

Honestly I've just took over my dads business and employees can be the most retarded and annoying thing you will ever have to deal with.

They moan about pretty much having to do their job, you have to pay them while they go on holiday and pay someone else to fill their spot, they will wait a couple hours before shift before telling you they're to ill to work, you even have to pay them to be off ill.

Even if you want to get rid of them you have to fucking pay them off. Trust me those machines will be a fucking god send for McDonald's

Most orders are fucked up because they mishear you. A Cashier uses a machine, they literally do what you do at the self-serve machines except they hit the buttons based on what you say. Using the machine eliminates a step reducing fuck ups.

These are outmoded. Now we just order and pay with apps, travel to the store, and pick up our food as soon as we arrive. The next step is automating the idiots who heat and assemble the food. Then we don't have to worry about hair, spit, shit, or cum making its way into our lunch.

People eat at mcdonalds because of how fast it is, not the price. McDonalds is the same price as other food.

I agree, but my wife wont eat the crispy chicken at maccas (MSG) and often we receive a grill slip for grilled chicken but the shit is battered. I ALWAYS use the machines. fuck interacting with a human if I need not do so.

They need a fully automated chain... one day...

you should launch an ICO

50 million $$$$ idea brah

Mechanics make a lot here too depending on where they work, this minimum wage thing normally has concerned niggers in fast food

Are you speaking words at your screen or using a computer to talk to us right now?

Every time I go to McDonalds I always use this thing.

Last time I talked to the cashier she fucked up my order.

>lol, no one will use these things
Wrong.

People will also use the counter if they're paying with cash

If you think there needs to be a minimum wage you need to get off this board right now and go back to commiestan.

>travel to the store

what the fuck for? they can just bring it

You might want to read about how capitalism works. What we're heading into now is called Feudalism with a serf class and everything

The only time I don't use self-checkout is when I'm buying booze

This user thinks cash will exist in 6 years time FUCKING KEEEEK

THE REASON WHY CRYPTO IS BOOMING IS BECAUSE THE GLOBAL FIAT CRASH WILL MAKE CASH A THING OF THE PAST PAJEET.

>electronic money will rule, use your brain, contactless payments, use of cash record low.

These things were my favorite part of getting fast food in Australia. You didn't have to deal with the 15 year old taking orders, you got your order in sooner, and didn't have to wait in line. Honestly don't understand why they haven't implemented them in the states seems like a no brainer.

The upcharge for shit like Uber Eats and Amazon Restaurants is ridiculous, and you always have to deal with some entitled stoner who thinks that he deserves a fucking tip. Eventually automated delivery will be here. With shit like Starbucks being mostly automated already, who knows, maybe they'll be able to increase margins by getting rid of brick and mortar stores.

wtf are you arguing about. we're at historic lows in unemployment.

$15 minimum wage isn't causing anyone hardship.

if your company was hanging on by a thread and couldn't exist because of a $1 raise... then your company was shit.

if you're an employee that lost your job because you worked for that shit company - there are 100 other jobs paying the same or more waiting for you.

The only time I need money is to pay for hookers and school projects for my kids because I am ashamed and dont want my wife to find out I support schools.

>reddit greentexting

>these dont work
>what is wawa?

Because here you download the McDonald's app on your phone and order from there.

>KEEEEK

You do know the minimum wage is mostly instituted by large shit ass companies like McDonald's.

Small business statistically pays above min wage on average.

On mobile otherwise id post the paper.

But yeah raise the min wage and stop over exaggerating it's impact. Minimum wage was always meant to be a living wage.

I can believe in no minimum wage, and also that saying that jobs will be replaced by robots is a terrible argument against raising the minimum wage. I want more jobs to be automated, not less.

>eating fast food, ever
Just how stupid do you think I am?

>I want more jobs to be automated

You want more people on welfare? I'd rather have people paid by companies rather than my taxes.

It's not a replacement, instead of having you take the order you would be making the food so it comes out ready even faster, you know they call it "fast food" for a reason, you would be moved to cooking/cleaning.

if a company gives in employees arbitrary wage raise once what do you think it will happen in the future? do you think the plebs will stop whining?

In the restaurant industry, you have to make profits from incredibly tight margins. Payroll spiking by 20% or more can be lethal.

I'm an ausfag so the pajeet automates nearly all deliveries, they don't get to keep much of the fee though so i don't really mind and sometimes they get hit by cars on their little scooters

>go to a foreign country where they speak shitty English and where I barely speak their language
>just use these things to prevent the confusion instead
Last time I went to McDonalds in Germany it took 5 minutes to make myself clear and they fucked up the entire order.

Even if you don't pay min wage, your workers will demand salary bumps comminsurate with the bump in min wage. Do you think that someone who busted ass to make $16/hr will be cool with suddenly being relegated to near-minimum wage?

This. But I want robots to both take my order and make my food.

There are a lot of fast food joints I would like to eat at but avoid because I'm not convinced that the teens and nig nogs are trustworthy enough to make my food. I suppose it's a good thing since it forces me to eat better anyways.

mfw in le america you have to have "ORDER & PAY HERE FAST AND EASY" written all over the place while in the rest of the world the display literally just displays commercials (seen them in 4 different countries)

>replacement
>getting the customer to do it himself
>without any price decrease
top kek consumerists are fucking idiots

Having jobs automated doesn't necessarily mean more people on welfare

i worked at a mcdonalds in a poor (mostly hispanic) side of town in the southwestern US for a while as a cashier. pic related was me but we got those automatic machines and i had orders from the regional manager to redirect people to use them- if you came to the counter and there was an open kiosk, i was supposed to turn them away. not doing this = hours cut. unsurprisingly there were a lot of people who outright refused to use it. on multiple occasions i had crazy middle aged women with tattoos and children and no man in sight ramble to me about how i was being replaced. the poor fear technology. the way they reacted to a kiosk was comparable to chimps seeing a bright flashing light or something similar. it is baffling to me how you can have so many fat mexicans piddling away on their massive smartphones only to have them become 100% stumped by a fucking mcdonalds kiosk.

anyways my point is that i wouldnt be surprised if people refusing to use them/genuinely being intimidated by them was a serious issue in a lot of places.

It's so that there isn't a price increase. Remember, the buying power of fiat constantly decreases, but consumers don't like prices to increase accordingly, so companies have to find ways to keep cutting costs.

People used to refuse elevators without operators

>Not being libertard = commie
ok

Its a giant merry go round.
>McDonalds and Panara Bread are 100% Kiosk, several other fast foods go full kiosk to stay current
>Everyone mocks shitholes without kiosks, lol get with the future old timers!
>Wendys comes out of tweets about human interaction being better, their entire gimmick is zero kiosk
>McDonalds tries to capitalize on the new *human interaction* model and has employees again
>shithole restaurants finally get 3rd world kiosks lol why do you hate people old timers!
>Everyone complains about kiosks and continues to just order using their smartphones.
And the whole time food never once got better, or cleaner, better value or better for you to eat.

You've never been to Sheetz have you

Fuck that noise. I'd trust a machine over any mouth breathing fast food worker. When it comes to dining in, id prefer to get my own shit instead of having to pay extra to have some complacent knob to walk my food over to me.

There still has to be someone who gives you your food in either scenario moron.

This is a thread about the automation of everyone between the cook and the customer...

That last point. The advancement/changing technologies does nothing to change the bottom line, being shit food, shitty for you, in a shitty 'restaurant'

No, it isn't.

They’re called entry level jobs for a reason you dumb fuck

We have mobile ordering in Canada now. Just place your order on your phone and pay however you like, no machine needed. It uses your phone's location services to let the restaurant know when to start making your order so it's fresh and warm when you get there to pick it up.
The future is now. Cashier's are a thing of the past.

>It's so that there isn't a price increase
this is what dumbasses actually believe

this

Fuck off boomer

you actually do want to talk to employees you just refuse to admit it out of a false sense of superiority you get pretending you're above all that human contact thing.

You haven't had a Muslim woman cook your sausage egg and cheese in the morning have you? I don't trust these people who could certainly hate me for eating things they don't believe in or just because I'm white...Machines have no bias I'd always choose the machine.

>these and things like it eat up every entry level/low skill job
>mexicans are still here
This won't end well

Those things have been in Japan and Europe for decades.

Try running your own business sometime. It'll be enlightening, I hope.

They have this at my local McDonald’s, I still can’t bring myself to use it most of the time I just talk to the cashier. The one time I used it I was baked out of my mind and spent 5 minutes trying to find the shakes.

It's fast food, I want it to be fast. Ain't nobody got time for dat small talk.

>if you tell us to spend a little of our billions of profits on our employees (which we hide in tax havens anyway) we will fire the employees

Good goys, I love (((Capitalism))).