Red pill me on this

Alright Veeky Forumsraelis I’m gonna be honest and tell you I’m too fucking lazy to go install lightning network and fuck around with it. So red pill me on LN is it actually functioning right now? I hear people saying it’s fast but of course it would be fast in the test net no? Once retailers and merchants actually open up lightning channels will this shit actually be scalable? And is it true that people are losing money sending transactions through LN?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is just as fast now as it will be with 1,000,000x more volume. It is insanely fast, no people are not losing money its just a test net right now.

90% of people here are altcoiners, so expect no positive replies. The LN protocol is sound from a technological point of view and some early implementations work on main net already. Don't use them, they are still buggy, though. My guess is that we will see beta lightning network wallets in two to three months and release versions in maybe half a year.

LN is instant and scales to infinity with very low fees.

However, at least 2 on-chain transactions must be made to open/close a channel.

It is not ready yet but it will be relatively soon, and so far it is pretty much the only way any blockchain can safely scale without losing anti-censorhip and decentralization.

Its only useful to those that already own a lot of BTC. You cannot receive from it if you don't own enough BTC. Only whales and banks find that shit useful.

Its way better to use BCH or any other crypto than go trough that hassle

>female CEO
found out why LN still doesent work and never will
use nano instead if you want to pay your coffee with crypto you autistic faggots

isnt it also centralized?
WoooooOOoo crypto is decentralized but doesnt work to lets fix it with a centralized solution!!

What kind of bugs right now need to be dealt with?

YOURE SEXIST IF YOU DONT USE LIGHTNING

Get out bugman

she is just the pretty face, would you prefer autistic virgin cryptographers to go around explaining shit?

Wallets not recognizing the channel state for example. And then some. Some wallets have this bug, others have that bug. There are 3 different well known implementations right now and probably more we don't know about yet. The general state of development is early.

LN hubs will be centralized but have no power. The entire system is still trustless, they cannot actually take your bitcoin.

>oh no our chain is clogged whatimgonnadoo
>lets build another chain next to it instead of increasing its size!
>but! To be able to use it, you know need to hoard a lot of BTC and keep it locked away!
Fucking genius

Everything you said is factually wrong.

LN is not a side chain, genius.

Guys, it's finally time to join the winning team. Join this pump group today.

discord gg/YQqTCqt

How ironic. It's the segwit soyboys that ar etotal bugmen, repeating meaningless corporate phrases and slogans they've heard from blockstream and on plebbit.

So you don't need BTC to be able to use the LN?
Dumb fuck how heavy are those bags?

Yeah its a real lightning, duh

this thinking is so retarded....you can have 1 sat transactions on the LN. The fact that anyone can open and close a channel means that there is a natural incentive among peers to have a low fee for opening a channel. Cash cucks are so fucking low IQ it feels bad even insulting your stupidity, it's like kicking an old sick man in the balls.

> pretty face

the point is that she does not code shit, there is an army of autistic virgins doing all the heavy lifting, so the "muh womyn" argument is stupid

Make money even in this bear market. We have all the tools you need^

discord dot gg/pbN4G73

Yes you can have 1 sat TX on the LN, but to do that you need more than that to open a channel.

You cannot open a channel with 1 sat. Do you know that opening and closing a LN are two different TX? So if the average fee is $10 you'll have to pay $20 just to open it and close it.

You know that the LN says calls for 133 MB blocks? But BTC canthaveanyofthat mmmmm no no no

you can have the world class engineers working for you if your ceo is retarded it doesent help
just like hitler
had the top tier engineers decided to turn his jet fighter into a bomber which negated the speed and made it worthless
but go on just keep holding your dinosaur coin