When it's proven that it's insolvent, how fucked will the market be?

When it's proven that it's insolvent, how fucked will the market be?

Are we looking at gox 2.0?

fuck off

you mean FUD 2.0?

fuck off, how many times do you faggots have to bring this up

>Convinced by a nocoiner with a twitter account

Tether will crash if it's proven a scam. Ppl will exit tether ASAP by buying BTC. BTC will rise

yes. theres a reason that theres so much irrational anger and hatred towards bitfinexd and anyone who questions tether. deep inside people know it is a scam, and its going to come crashing down very soon, and with it the value of their magic internet money

Market will rise again because less FUD.

Yes. Gox 2.0, with greater scale.

However, market will rebound in 6 months or so after an absolutely bloody cratering. We're talking BTC $2-5k or so at the bottom.

Putting aside the FUD, what is volume usually like on tether?
It was four b before it smashed the under 8 exiters and jumped up to five.
Is that normal or did we see some magic happen?

gox 10.0

BTC will recover faster because it's more well known now and more money is invested. When MT Gox was taken down, the amount of btc circulating and money in crypto was low. No altcoins at all. Back when fucking dogecoin was worth something.

>BTC will recover faster because it's more well known now and more money is invested

Lol fuck you, ETH will recover faster since it actually has a future aside from muh store of value.

ETH is mainstream already too.

>how many times do you faggots have to bring this up
pretty dumb question
until they do audit of course
show us the money and there will be no reason to discuss this anymore

>tether proven scam
>exchanges totally wont close all USDT pairs

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA are you faggots THIS delusional, or are you just trying to trick newfags cause youre desperate that this crash will ruin you?

If tether is proven true, bitcoin will go sub 2k in a flash on a eye

Tether marketcap - 2bil
The whole market - 415bil, excluding tether

How the fuck is that supposed to kill anything? Some fags will get burnt but lets be real here. By this logic bitconneeeeeeeeee crash should have raped the market already.

Maybe it did

If people no longer perceive tether as pegged to dollar, the BTC to usdt pair will skyrocket but the actual BTC to usdt pair will bottom.

Everyone knew bitconect was a scam. Tether is supposedly a trust worthy company that is highly connected to one of the most relevant crypto exchanges in the world.

If tether is proven a scam, people will not trust anything anymore and the market will tank. Also, the news agencies will be all over this. Crypto has already a bad enough reputation, this would kill it for a year.

It can't be insolvent, tard. It's a fucking coin and it never claimed to be anything more.
>No Representations & Warranties by Tether: Tether makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees to you of any kind. The Site and the Services are offered strictly on an as-is, where-is basis and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, are offered without any representation as to merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
>Tether assumes no liability or responsibility for and shall have no liability or responsibility for any claim, application, loss, injury, delay, accident, cost, business interruption costs, or any other expenses, nor for any incidental, direct, indirect, general, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages, loss of goodwill or business profits, work stoppage, data loss, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial losses
>No Class Proceedings: You and Tether agree that any party hereto may bring claims against the others only on an individual basis and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative action or proceeding. No adjudicator may consolidate or join more than one person’s or party’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a consolidated, representative, or class proceeding. Any relief awarded to any one Tether user cannot and may not affect any other Tether users.
>Furthermore, residents of certain U.S. states are not permitted to be customers of Tether; are not permitted to cause Tethers to be issued or redeemed; and, are not permitted to hold Tether Tokens.
>Beginning on January 1, 2018, Tether Tokens will no longer be issued to U.S. Persons.

Tether never claimed they will exchange the shitcoin for USD. They never claimed they guarantee anything and by buying Tether you agree you can't sure them.
If you are American and you're holding tether, they are free to take it away.

Read the fucking TOS.

The best part is, no one from the Bitconnect team will face any consequences and they are opening 2 more platforms to fleece the retards.
Welcome to unregulated markets.

Market cap is an useless metric in crypto

>Implying 1 DOGE != 1 DOGE

Do you really believe what you are saying? I mean, I can understand shilling to prop up btc, but I just hope you aren't really that deluded.

Market cap is a skewed metric.

If someone buys $1mm USDT worth of Bitcoin at market price on, say, Bitfinex, there likely isn't enough volume for that whole order to be filled at the current market price, and thus the price swings up temporarily as demand exceeds supply.

The arbitrage incentives then guarantee that such a swing on one exchange can affect the price on other exchanges, and in related asset pairs (IE USD).

If the price rockets up across exchanges, the market cap goes up accordingly - even if only one-thousandth of the total coins in circulation gets purchased in that single transaction, the "value" of ALL CIRCULATING COINS is increased a thousandfold. Just because of the one transaction that bid the price up, tons of unrelated coins are valued higher per market cap.

It's easy to see how, in this way, a small amount of capital (say, $2B USDT) could dramatically influence the price of Bitcoin. If a huge buy order executes when market panic is setting in, it can reverse momentum and trick legitimate investors and bots into switching their sentiment to bullish.

You are 100% correct, as far as that goes. But, do you think the 'market' (i.e. the brain dead assholes who make it up) actually realize that or not? If not (and I don't think they do) then it's a panic inducing shock.

sadly the stuff he brings up makes sense and not just irrational FUD

The market is actually aware of that. The ones spreading FUD and the normies, who got in on the crypto train, but yet have to understand that there are no laws or promises in crypto and the whole multi billion dollar market just runs on good faith.

It will never be proven to be insolvent

The whole refer meme is a bunch of illogical memes easily filling people who can't be bothered to investigate the claims

Not even the New York times reporter on the crypto beat can figure out what it is. The cftc can subpoena a company based on the Cayman islands but what can it reasonably attain other than a redacted audit statement?

Show me just one fucking person who attempted to exchange their tetherscam for fiat and failed. It never happened

The so called research paper is a total fucking joke, no qualified peer review would give it a pass

It's statistical analysis is beyond stupid, it's methods completely invalid, it's conclusions totally unsupportable

It's a dumb meme and nothing more pushed by morons, believed by fools, totally proving that people are stupid and gullible and are generally uneducated and will believe practically anything

Tldr tetherscam mene is retarded

>Tether marketcap - 2bil
>The whole market - 415bil, excluding tether

tether's 2B is the most liquid part of 3/6 of the biggest exchanges. it'd be like taking the oil out of your engine. not only would those 3 exchanges plummet, it would quickly reverberate around the other ones.

just another fart, with the shortest attention span market in history, 2 days.

>It's statistical analysis is beyond stupid, it's methods completely invalid, it's conclusions totally unsupportable
>It's a dumb meme and nothing more pushed by morons, believed by fools, totally proving that people are stupid and gullible and are generally uneducated and will believe practically anything
lol
such a convincing argument

>ETH is mainstream already too.

No crypto is 'mainstream' yet.

they actually have the USD backing. the problem is that it was gained fraudulently and used to inflate the price of btc. we're still fucked

We’ll be fine

>Tether will crash if it's proven a scam. Ppl will exit tether ASAP by buying BTC. BTC will rise
Are you retarded? If it's proven a scam, how the fuck do you exit tether. Nobody will buy it from you, and the exchanges won't buy it from you. You'll be the ultimate bag holder

Think the market's already expects it to be exposed as a con.

Gox 5.0 at LEAST

Tether is history, jibroni is future

It will be the catalyst to make a 100% fib retrace happen.
See you at 5600k eth500 in a week

What is Benford's law? How is it relevant?

What can you say about a statistical analysis that results in a p-value of 0.20?

How should we regard analysis which is not peer reviewed?

For me though, it was the Nytimes article talking about how people "should but tether when the market goes up".

Literally a giant steaming pile of rumor

What is apparent to me is that it takes nothing but suspicion to get people to believe conspiracies are occurring

>such a convincing argument

Why should I work to criticize this "paper"? I get nothing out of it. I merely read it, recognized it was a stupid piece of shit work by by total pretenders.

Take statistics I & II at your local community college. Even if I explained everything you would come to zero understanding. I'm not working for free.

Just consider me another conspiracist in the big Ponzi scheme known as tether spreading disinformation

soo, does bitfinex pays you in tether or in real money?

all in jibrojewtoken

The short answer is yes and the market may never recover

> muh normies
> muh institutions
> muh futures

All bullshit. About 80% of Bitcoins network came from Tether. We are just starting.