[serious] oldfag here want other oldfags opinions

[serious] oldfag here want other oldfags opinions

how are you handling this crash?

is anyone trrying to trade right now or are you guys tethering up?

if you're trading what do you think are good plays. i'm even confused now how to play this...

thanks fellow oldfags

--Z

Also fellow oldfag here also confused . Good question OP

I'm still up quite a bit. It has to drop another 70% for me to start realizing losses. You could short or buy cheap fucking alts. I would buy cheap fucking alts that will rebound quickly. Margin trading is gambling. It's too late to tether imo.

-E

Kinda old and faggish. Just hold guys. How many crashes have we had? And its always back bigger and better. This is new tech still very early n adoption. Just wait and see. Okay i gotta go drink my prune juice.

Avoid trading. Hold still whatever you're holding. You're a hibernating bear and this is a very cold winter

If you really really want to trade then ironically the safest path is bitmex

thanks E, I thinkyou;re right , too late to tether, guess I fucked up on that. feel ashamed as an oldfag not to have tethered b4 the cras h even though I thought it was coming, just didn't think it would crash this much.

which alts are you looking at in particular? bluechips or mid-caps?

I'm thinking of xrb, xlm, neo, cnd

holding BTC, ETH, and only cryptos that are going to be positive XRB, DGD, VEN

Been here a few years. The way I see this, the market will recover over the next few days but face resistance around $12,000 again. I'm day-trading a little here and there but mostly just holding my coins. There's no point selling before Chinese New Year and a bear trend can't continue forever. Eventually the daily chart will start trending upwards again. As far as I'm concerned though, I'm just trying to accumulate more BTC.

I assumed there would be more people like me here who don't care at all about the price of BTC in fiat and just want to accumulate as much BTC as possible, so I'm disappointed.

>tethering up
lol

Didn't even try to move alts, mostly tried to follow movements in the ETH/BTC pair and bought more BTC with yuros.

Have a good amount of ETH thinking about moving 25% of my stack to XRB, But I’m not sure because I know in a few days ETH will probably be back around where I was

I'm not a super oldfag, only got in at 500$. Sold at 15k because I thought the growth was unsustainable and have been waiting for this dip for months now.

I honestly think it's going to sub 5k. I mean hell, BTC was at 1k last January before this shit blew up. Now people are losing 80% of their portfolios because they bought at ATH. Normies are cursing bitcoin daily and the media is feeding them FUD left and right.

Post the gif my balls are turning blue

All in ETC and holding

Reminds me of July more than 2014-2016. I'm gonna wait a bit more before deciding if I'll spend the bear market money I put aside during December. If so I'll probably split it between RLC and low marketcap shitcoins.

here since summer of 2015, just hold nigger. if u got immediate bills to pay, then so be it. but otherwise just hold. its scary because alot of the normies that got in aren't panic selling i dont think, im sure half does and did already, but to me it seems like alot of theses fresh blood that entered the pool really have this hodl shit engraved into them deep

Guys should I sell some eth for Xrb or no ?

Another oldfag here. All you need is HODL. This crash is in no way different from all the previous ones. I'm here from September yet I feel it pretty well.

I got in at 3.50. It's at 25% of my portfolio right now.

My advice is hold some XRB, the tech behind it is revolutionary.

>September
>oldfag

Get off my lawn.
BTC, ETH, ADA, NEO, XLM, XMR, LSK
XRB is a good short term buy but some of the shit going on around that coin is shady as fuck
VEN almost has me convinced but sometimes it seems too much like all the worst bits of Tron and Ripple.
I don't fuck with poser coins.
Right now I'm loading into ZEC.

any old fags are either holding their investments because they are unlikely to pick any of the shit biz shills like chain-link, or they have tethered up.

Personally i only have long positions now, and after 4 years of crypto i cannot be fucking bothered checking in daily of even weekly anymore. So I don't try flip very often because i'm not watching markets or news enough.

Soon enough most will learn to do the same if not for your own sanity.

though if i were day trading i probably would have tethered up and tried to increase my positions in the few coins i hold for long positions.

I also did not tether up even when eth was at $1100 :( Should have so kind of lost now any advice fellow oldfags , I’m a bit nervous even for an oldfag

idk im just drinking beer and and watching this netflix documentary about the mexican cartel laundering their money in the hong kong bank.i mean.. even though this dip and i never tetherd anything im still up over 10,000% (since 2017).

>I honestly think it's going to sub 5k
I'm betting on a last dip to 7K and that then we'll finally calm our tits. If we go sub 5K the bear may last more than a year.

BTC ETH NEO LINK

Just holding, I've cashed out a decent sum so I do not care too much how things will look short term

I sold BTC (whilst also always holding a small stack) and holding some other coins I believe have longterm value.

Seems to me like this crash is just a climax of overly pumped altcoins and negative news. I would brace myself for a good year of bear market though, they want to shake people out but people are holding, so if it goes into a prolonged state of bear then people will eventually be fed up with it and exit.

To be honest, i'm glad this crash came (also anticipated it and sold before it did) altcoins having 20billion$ values with just a website and a whitepaper is ridiculous. The whole December rally was just pure FOMO and you could pick any coin and make gains. For example, ADA should fall back to alteast sub10 cents for it to be attractive as a buy. I'm bullish on it for longterm and was sure it would hit a dollar, but this soon was just nuts.

Somewhat relevant if you want some oldfag opinions on this crash:

just hold. its worked since the start for a reason. what has changed? nothing.
did you feel the same when it dropped from 300 dollars to 220 last year?

i dont have the time or energy to check the markets more often than once a week anymore. holding is fine.
Personally I'm only holding some eth and 90% VEN. Ven is the apex of what al blockchain technology has been leading up to from my observations in the past 4 years. there is no reason for other single use case coins like poet or trx to exist is Vechain gains any traction at all (which it will). it makes most other crypto redundant.

It's like having a separate internet protocol for amazon, google and anything else. lol. no. they all exist on the same internet. there is no reason to have a separate net for them.

Cashed out 20%, 50% in an ICO, 30% into a bluechip.

i sold mined BTC in 2011 for 22$
i bought 100x BTC in 2013 for 100$
i ignored crypto for 3.5 years after that (bad move, i missed ETH. but it guaranteed i did not sell or make bad trades i guess - plus i am obsessive and crypto was consuming my entire life)

in 2017&2018 i traded my BTC to what i consider good alts - in different market caps (in rough order : ETH, XLM, WTC, and most recently, JNT)
I also hold a bit in diversification since you never fully know with the market - so some NEO for the chinese market, some ICX for the koreans, and a bit of VEN just to see which wins, marketing (VEN) or technology (WTC)

I never touched tether once since i got gox'd for a few coins. Too much counter-party risk. no way they are solvent.

That's what made me pull the trigger on 50k of JNT today.

Not old fag but I've been here long enough to know this isn't the end of the world. Remember - you should only be invested with what you can afford to lose. If you're ripping your hair out you're overextended. I'm still up 3x on an $8k basis so it's gonna take a literal apocalypse for me to start sweating.

It's waaaaaaaay too late to tether up or cash out. You should have done that literally anywhere above $12k ideally $15k. At this point you have no choice but to hold. You are risking everything trying to trade unless you're a god.

If you have cash chilling on the side I would transfer it to whatever exchange you use so that it's ready to buy up BTC/ETH once we discover the true bottom. I would be buying up alts since they're at a huge discount right now but o my projects with real world utility. Things like WTC VEN NEO XLM OMG etc. This crash is going to serve as a purge for a fair amount of the garbage in the market. Normies and stupid money are stuck holding their XRP TRON XVG IOTA etc bags and will not recover for a LONG time. This is good because moving forward it should be smarter money like before these insane rallies began.

I have a bot that trades on the volatility in the 1 minute BTC/USD chart
average buy/sell is about a $20 difference in price, or 0.23%
I let it do 2btc trades, so that's $40 profit
it places two trades (buy+sell) every 5 minutes or so, which is about $480/hour profit

Oldfag here. Followed since 2012 and bought in 2013 for ~100USD.

I sold a bunch during the mania phase at about ~15k, probably half my BTC, diversified some in the months leading up to it.

Since then I've hodl'd, and I'm now incrementially buying more.

very nice. did you build it yourself? what exchange does it use?

Didn’t tether up this time. USD’d half of my portfolio (sold all BTC, BCH, and ERC20s, kept some ETH and XRB) and letting the rest ride.

Bitconnect finally dying means that the last big fraud remaining is Tether, and I know I’m not smart enough to time that explosion.

I made the decision to do that on the deadcat this last weekend when the Friedman auditing relationship was dissolved.

You are not an oldfag. You're a faggot redditor unaware of how he writes outs him as such. Fuck off back to your cancer site.

that is too much money, my dude.
congrats.

Actual whale here.

I sold a bit after the Bloomberg article on tether,I could see that this shit in combination with a string of other bad news was gonna cause a mass sell off. It seems clear that there is coordinated market manipulation going on.

I now have 90% of my holdings in Fiat(gemini) just waiting things out. I'll be buying back in when shit reaches ridiculous lows and people start commiting suicide

yeah, gdax
maker trades are free which is what makes it possible

>september
>oldfag

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NIGGER YOU THE NORMIE. SRS

Why don't you like chainlink?

I'm doing a little trading within my portfolio. 75% of my funds are in long term holds and I have the other 25% on the exchange swinging between portfolio items depending on what is doing worst. Started off picking up REQ as that suffered the most on the early drops. Then as ICX lost a greater proportion of value swung into that at its low, then back to REQ when it bounced a little. Picked up some VEN which was low when REQ got a bit of a bounce from an attempt to push it up pre-news, then back into REQ when that faded and VEN had edged up a bit. It's not making me great gains or anything but its keeping me occupied and giving me some positive results in mitigating the effects of the crash by saving me a couple of points here and there.

Teach me your wizardly ways and I'll give you 40% of my profits

Holding but I'm at a 40% loss. I would suggest holding and doing NOTHING else but buying at the bottom if it continues to go down. Hopefully you picked good coins. Same shit happened last July and I just held and bought a few coins.

all boils down to whether you think it's gonna drop anymore. could easily still fall to 4K BTC.
if you think it's done falling, just BUY!!!

Does it not make you furious.

its not that complicated really
I'd suggest putting $40 into gdax and doing it manually, that's how I started
the bot can do things more effectively because it looks at how big the buy/sell wall is and strategically places the limit order as far as it can without putting it behind a huge 300btc wall
and since order cancellation is also free, it can reposition in a second if some other big orders were cancelled or created

so if you guys had 3 coins to buy rn what would they be

Bless you, user. I'm going to try this tonight

You HAVE a bot, or you MADE a bot? If you have one, mind sharing the info? If you don't wanna scream it out, could e-mail me it instead; tenfouroneone@yahoo

I made it
but it's very simple, anyone who took a semester of programming in college could make it

So let's say it's 8600 at 12:01, the bot would set a buy order at that, and then set a sell order at ~8620? If we assume the sell order is executed at 12:03, the bot than sets another order, based on both the depth chart and price at the given moment?

One way or the other, goddamn user. I wanna figure this ish out, anything really, I needa get tf out of my damn parents already and strap these boots.

Yes, I think XRB will be what people will be talking about this time next year. The thing you SHOULD have got in on now.

Riding the tiger and using the market movement to grow my holdings in couple of alts I believe are going to blow up this year. I'm not sweating fiat losses. Mind you I got in early enough that I'm a long way off from any kind loss so that makes it easier.

cash out 20%, ICO 40% to lock in eth, 40% on a top blue chip and wait

I've put off programming for so long but I know if I made the foray, I could learn the basic basics in pretty decent time. I'm gonna start that within the next month or so, atm, I'm trying to focus on paid courses involving entrepreneurship in general, as well as business startup, and soon after, FOREX.

yeah ive been trading but to be honest im losing all my money slowly in a death spiral trying to get it back

Only buying righ now.

Had a mil at the top, now got under 400k. Was here when 1200 crashed, was here when 37 crashed. This crash is Meh - seen it all before

Patience wins this game

To much of it is just talk...

Fiat here as of 9300k. This bear gripped 2x harder after yesterday.
Target us 6000k

Don't fall for the bull traps for more than a few hours trade attempts if that...

Waiting for a buy in after TA autists call it finishing. Then I will buy a recovering dip.

yeah, that's the main idea
and it's constantly reevaluating its currently placed order and moving it around if it determines a better position
for example when selling, it's sort of simulating a "trailing stop" because it will rise with the tide but exit out if it starts going the wrong way for too long
this way it can capitalize on sudden bumps in price beyond $20

why do you sound like a newfag retard posing as an oldfag in order to request advice in a manner that wouldn't make you look stupid?
>what do you think are good plays
>tethering up

You don't tether up newfag. You buy precious metals.

Stay the fuck out of tether, man. I wouldn't risk it for even 5-10 minutes, seriously. That shit is going to bomb, and likely soon.

The crash is stressful, but I'm sure it'll be alright before too long.

Thank you user for spreading the knowledge.
Hopefully we'll race our Lambos some day.

It's possibly revolutionary once some group with some computing power gets to have interest with the network they will fuck it up. No fees == spam once the markets quiet down we will see it in action.

Pretty much same boat here, bought in 2013, sold half at around 16K. Not planning on buying more though, just holding the remainder. I made a huge amount of realized profit so seeing the price go down doesn't bother me much.

Because it's memed to much people will understand that good tech speaks for itself. Memes just expose insecurities.

I also have a bot that gives me signals based on the params i gave it. DO you use ccxt ?

i traded for cash because of the obvious impending tetherpocalypse

>DO you use ccxt ?
no, I wrote it in C++ using gdax's API directly
it's a simple REST API, so all I had to do was include a libcurl wrapper that I had previously written (which I use for everything web related)

Do you use any indicators besides order walls? I don’t know how to code. Are you selling it?

Lol, user - he's made it clear this isn't a handout, put the work in and make one like the rest of us

actually im up 70% on my zcl position from day trading this crash. any normie idiot here that says to hold is exactly what the whales want you to do. thanks for also buying the dip and picking up my bags while i buy the real dip idiots.

I don't really believe in TA but it does use two basic indicators
the first one I manually select when it runs between bearish or bullish
it uses this to determine if it is preferable to hold USD or BTC, and that may impact whether it will enter a trade or not

it also looks at recent candles and volume to see if there is enough volatility to trade at all

Not American I assume.

Prepare for more price drops.

Cash out into fiat and wait. Trying to catch the knife by moving into alts is going to be a problem considering the last time this has happened the majority of alts end up folding due to lack of utility.

Have you ever had a buy order not filled because the price takes off or vice versa? How do you manage that?

How simple is the program? You said its pretty basic and uses the GDAX API, but how long did it take you, start to finish? Have you had to smooth anything out since?

Are you American? If so, how do you plan to track thousands of trades when the tax man comes?

shh stop sharing wisdom with these plebs

hey fellow black person, you are a rare sight here

EOS for 2018 play.

2016 BTC 2017 ETH 2018 EOS

yes
that's ok, because it updates every second or so and will move the order around
if it's losing money it will hold for longer depending on the bearish/bullish setting and which currency it's holding
right now it will never exit a trade with a market order, but I have it alert me at a certain threshold and very rarely I will exit it manually

I picked $20 as the target because if you look at the average 5 minute candle, there's often triple that amount of movement
so if it goes the wrong way for $10, I can reasonably expect it to come back $30 the way I want it to go within a couple of minutes

Back test this, but when you look at 6 hour candlesticks and calculate the RSI on Bitcoincharts whenever the RSI stabs past 30 it is down for about 24-36 hours then rallies 20-30%.

I'mma be out Sunday with my short gains.

hard to say because I'm constantly tinkering with it
a decent programmer could have a basic bot running within a couple hours
the main features only consist of a handful of web requests and basic mathematics
well it logs every trade, but not for tax purposes
I use that to do some analysis and as a backup in case there's a bug and I need to figure out what happened
I suppose it will come in handy for taxes though

Thanks for all the info, user. You've been a great help

Very excited. Always a good time to purchase more ETH.

Looking to throw a fat chunk of someones ETH bags into moria when it launches here soon. Security tokens backed by the SEC are really going to wipe out the trash.

Damn, good for you. I made an arb bot that nets about 1% per trade, but I only make maybe a few trades/day. I'm a leaf so no exchanges I can sign up for have 0% fees and I can't go on GDAX. Our biggest exchange charges 0.5%/trade on fiat/crypto trades.

oldfag reporting in.

tether has a lot of potential to blow up and any moment. to be honest i've cashed out 80% of my holdings and deposited that 80 in 30% for the bank account and 20% on an exchange thats non tether for future opportunities, and 30% on vaultoro (crypto to gold exchange).

use my ref link if you like op
www.vaultoro.com/?a=107662

the last 20% im holding in crypto (mostly monero, decred, bitcoin and litecoin)

what crash?

BTC would have to go sub 3k for me to give a shit. I'm not trading, because I'm not going to babysit the market and look for the bottom.
This will all be over in a week or two.

ETH, XMR, NEO

small honorable mention

QSP

Oldfag here to.
Yes iam trading now. This is a good time to trade. I just dont worry about fiat value. Just accumulating my cryptoholdings. I may be down in dollar value... but i have traded myself up i eth. And in the long run, that is whats counts. For me 1 eth is 1 eth. If its 1000$ or 500$ does not matter! Getting more eth or other cryptos is what matters :)

1000000 cryptos x 0 = ?

Cashing some k out, thinking about my greed and mistakes

well, i have a little more positive outlook on the cryptofuture that you probably.

None of you faggots are oldfags
Being here from 2013 or 2015 is not oldfag

you darn kids get off my fucking board