Why do people buy gold? Shit's only gone up 6...

Why do people buy gold? Shit's only gone up 6.5x in forty fucking years ooooh wow if I buy an ounce now there's a chance I could have as much as nine thousand dollars when I'm fucking 70

Other urls found in this thread:

gamblersanonymous.org/ga/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you ever heard about risk, diversifying or investments in the long run ?

looks like the meme graph it's like bitcoin in ultra slow motion

The same reason people buy bonds, or keep USD on hand. Some people just have an insanely low risk tolerance and want to diversify to many asset classes.

Also, that 6.5x would be 1000x with enough leverage. Of course, most people don't use any leverage, so this is a silly argument.

absolutely. They say a month in crypto is a decade in other markets it's 10000% true

>going into debt to play the markets

gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

>implying other markets stay down for an entire decade.
There aren't many situations where that happened. Most bear markets only last a couple years, not decades or centuries.

In 2017 Russia bough record ammounts of gold. What is Vladdy up to???

because when the fucking world descends into WW3 it's going to be the only thing to save your ass...

>debt
Nah, I usually just buy options. Just as much leverage, but you can't lose more than 100% of your capital.

i gotta say though, gold is pretty fukkin sexy

Kek. Who wants a hunk of useless metal when you can't feed yourself?

Hope all your pieces are like 1/2 gram so that you can actually trade them with people

>he thinks gold is a useful metal for casting bullets
We're not hunting vampires here, Blade.

user let me refer you to , you fucking idiot.

wow its almost like you can trade it to increase that ROI hmm really makes you think

people that have the food, but not the metal...

How come and in every war until now, precious metals were the only things to retain (or increase) their value?

Because people like shiny things

Gold only matters to the people who steal tons of it. Gold isn't meant for any pleb reading this. See how you think in ounces? Now go save up for the ETH rise to fuck gold holders over, you fucking pleb.

Did you just pull those statements out of your ass or did you actually look at the price development of gold during recessions? It's dumped heavily during every single of our recent recessions.

explain

>recent recessions.

I didn't say that, did i?

give him a break. they didn't get to that in 6th grade yet.

Food is a depreciating asset. The only thing valuable in a war or a major collapse is gold and ammo. Because you need ammo to survive and everyone knows wars don't last forever and the one with most gold by the end of war will be rich as fuck. Which is exactly what happened during every war so far.

I’m hoarding spices. 2 years after the apocalypse do have any idea what people would give for some cinnamon or cocoa?

your gold isn't going to stop me from pistol whipping you unconscious and walking off with your gold, food, supplies, and wife. sorry goldcuck.

Gold is an investment for retards. Its is below the stock market on average year after year. The people who buy it are people who fantasize about a cataclysmic scenario where the entire country collapses. If that were to happen then you'll probably have much bigger problems to deal with

Not so fast

i love these "i'm hoarding " threads.
thanks for gathering supplies for me!

Look at this ico guys, it's about gold
Moriatoken.com
Do I have to make a yoki account or something?
I'm thinking of getting into this. It's a goldmine ico which gives you dividends in Eth from the shit that's mined irl

This pretty much. Long term hodl gold is terrible compared to stocks. For trading purposes it might be a good buy at some times, but that's about it.

Retail investors seem much more interested in cryptos now than precious metals they have all shifted. Gold is government/bank/ hodl mostly.

Even the worst idiotic gold bug such as peter schiff is selling his gold for bitcoin looooool! "look buy my gold for bitcoin, btw bitcoin is shit and gold is great!" :D

lol, just lol...

You'll probably die from a heart attack way before a war fat-ass.