Mil fag here, leaving the service soon, with full benefits i.e. Paid college and housing etc...

Mil fag here, leaving the service soon, with full benefits i.e. Paid college and housing etc, looking for advice on professions, college, degrees worth the most in the workplace. Any advice is appreacited

(Sorry if this is against this boards rules don't spend a lot of time here, just figure this is where the competent indivuals lurk )

Other urls found in this thread:

constellis.com/careers
jobs.saic.com/key/ac-first-llc-afghanistan-jobs.html
vets.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> this is where the competent individuals lurk

lol biz is full of retarded crypto neets. you're better off going to /adv/

What was your job in the military?

Alright will do thanks mate

Comm in the marines, spent most of my time in a victor unit (infantry unit) would rather avoid doing something with comm in the civilian world however

What unit

Does it matter mate, stationed out of 29 if that gives you an idea(assuming you know what you're talking about)

Lol relax, grunt here just wondering

I'm relaxed, perfer to remain Anonymous on these things, ya never know

Veeky Forums is literally reddi.t overflow for eth shills and pyramid schemes, but you kind of answered your own question here. You want to do something with comms in the civvie world, so narrow it down to something specific. Look at the requirements for the positions and what makes you competitive for them. Begin working on that now. Not sure if Marines have ta, but you're wasting time if you aren't taking classes now and plan to attend college (provided you have a stable garisson life to do this).

GI bill sounds sweet, and it is, but when you're fucking off in college for 3 years after you get out you're gonna wish you had started sooner. That being said you might as well stay in socal and get that sweet bah rate.

fucking boot meet me at my brcks 1608 near west gym ill fuck you up ill show you true hazing

Forget college, go do private gvt contracting overseas with whatever military experience you have. 6 figures starting, usually.

I misread your post, you dont want to fuck w/ comms, but same thing applies really, but not knowing what you're looking for I don't have any meaningful suggestions for you

No balls you won't

This is false bullshit. You'd be surprised how little some contractors are getting paid, in addition to having to provide their own insurance/travel/etc. There are sweet gigs, but they are few and far between geared toward very specific skillsets. You also have to consider time lost between contracts, and that nine months of work looks a lot less appealing.

NO. NO. Do not go back to the civilian world. You can do comms contracting in deployed locations for like 160k a year, and its mostly just sitting around.

Fuck college seriously. You probably even have some sort of security clearance if you are comms. Go fucking look around at companies like Dynacorp, Ratheon, Lockeed, RMS, IAP etc.

This is your golden ticket. 6 figures and free room and board. Dont fuck it up and dont wait.

Com-user,

I got out in 2015. Also a Marine, but I was a 4313, "Broadcast Journalist." I didn't have any college before joining but luckily most institutions recognized my year long MOS school and various certs (including some MCIs) as full credit courses. Find a decently reputable, but easy College or Uni to finish you undergrad, in as little as time as possible. I was able to start as a 1st semester Junior. This give you time to finish a Master's or Ph.D if you're so inclined. Don't listen to these NEETs, yes college is a fucking joke, and you learn next to nothing, but unless you're a trade guy, you need at least an MA to make decent money anymore. Good news is, it's all free because of your gibs. My wife and I made the hard choice to move back in w/her parents during my undergrad (not telling them than we were paid w/ GI Bill) and we were able to bank all the BAH money. Work a bartending gig 2-3 nights a week, if you haven't done it before, just fake your resume. You want high traffic, low skill, preferably beer serving bars. You'll make an easy $500 a week on top of your gibs, which is really nice cash if you're living rent free.

If you follow my plan, you can then move abroad on your GI Bill, as some US schools have foreign campus', in shithole countries, but you're still paid the full USA BAH rate.

It's a fucking GREAT time. When you're finished, you should have a decent amount of money saved up, nice relaxing travels and fun experiences in your mid-20s, and two pieces of Jew approved SMART PAPER (TM).

Semper Fi, faggot.

You have any knowledge of that? Made some pretty good contacts with a couple companies overseas, However seems like a lot of them are getting fucked with taxes, which makes it a lot less lucrative.

do you have any passions/hobbies?

Shut the fuck up faggot you dont know what the fuck you are talking about. I do I have been doing this shit for years.

If you have a security clearance and relevant experience with modern tech, its easy 6 figures.

Looking these up asap, thanks for the tip

Spend 335 days of the year outside the usa and you dont pay income tax on the first 105k you make. Go set up residence in a state with no income tax like fl or tx.

Doesn't sound like you have.

TS-SCI is the only clearance that will land you a job. Define relevant experience with modern tech? You mean like the pajeets they hire to run ethernet cable? Or vocational experience like CH47 mechanics they hire from eastern europe?

user,
I did what I needed to do because my job doesn't translate into military contracting shit, unless it's some sort of public relations gig. This user is correct, listen to him. You need to use those skills and bank a dick ton of money while you're young. If you're smart enough to ask Veeky Forums you're smarter than most of the retards out there, and I assume you don't have debt.

lmao pussy comm fag wont last up dragonsback let alone sugar cookie faggot. lmao bettet not cry hazing when i make you run around the new park near dominos fag

>being this much of a boot

HOLY SHIT
I didn't think you faggot still existed with how cucked the Marine Corps was when I was going out, how's your Trans acceptance training going, faggot?

I have worked with comms contractors in Afghanistan and Djibouti less than 1 year ago. Stop talking about shit you know nothing about, seriously. Fucking pissant piece of shit.

Show me on the doll where your senior lances touched you, one day you'll become a human again man I promise just stick it out

Cool, share a job posting for US applicants that pays 6 figures for a former junior enlisted commo guy

You can try for these two companies from my experience they're "decent" especially if you don't care about having a life and want to make 6 digits sitting in the desert 11 months of the year.
constellis.com/careers

jobs.saic.com/key/ac-first-llc-afghanistan-jobs.html

If you don't get a job right away, Invest in something while you're at it, make sure to opt in for the post 911 GI bill. Make sure you pick a shit community college to start out with and go full time. You can even go to pilot school if you're looking for something that isn't complete shit. As for housing just room up with someone you're probably used to the barracks life by now, and having a norman roommate is 10 times less annoying than any autist in the military. Just make sure you have a plan right out the gate, otherwise it gets harder and harder to do anything.

Nobody gives a shit about his former rank as long as he has relevant clearance and qualifications. I wonder what type of piece of human garbage you must be in order to be so fucking salty towards contracting. Got rejected did you? Lost your clearance? What a scumbag, trying to tell this guy to not even look into it as an option. Its nothing to you, yet here you are trying to fuck him over.

Thank you, that's very helpful, curious why start at a shit community college rather then a state school?

lmao faggot be careful talking to a grunt bet your a pog ass bitch sucking gunnys dick being light duty all day avoiding field ops in the rear with the gear boot pog fag bet your ipac too fag

I've seen people who had very short contracts make it into some decent companies too. It's mostly just about security clearance and knowing people in said company. Even then they're always looking for vets who are willing to sit in the middle of nowhere and repair shit. Everyone has it in their heads you have to be some sort of bad ass to work contract.

lmao get a load of this faggot. lay off the glue bottles, boot.

>larping as a contractor on Veeky Forums

You don't pick up shit for qualifications in 3 years, retard. Like I said, post one job - you can't faggot. idc about contractors, just faggots like you that probably got out of the service (if thats not a larp) as an e4 and think everyone makes 150k and its a never ending source of income

I mean are you trolling? I honestly can't tell at this point, brother fuck off go on a deployment or two realize no one gives two fucks what are you when it comes down to it, stop talking about sugar cookie like it's a big deal. If this isn't some dumb ass joke fix yourself there's no point in being like this, you're acting like some angsty pfc who got hazed too much and thinks that's what the marine corps is. Fuck man be a person.

lmao been in longer than your pog ass pussy as lances aint never seen the field ive been to wilson my whole contract lmao yall domt rate shit

Oh shit you are just trolling, 8/10 I got butthurt for about 30 seconds

Well I mean if you're not used to school it might be easier for you to adjust to, unless you're smart as shit. For the most part, its just a nice starting point just make sure whatever school you go to has transferable credits. There are a lot of options out there. Make sure you use this
vets.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool
This will help you get an idea of what you will make with what schools and time served etc. You dont need to do community college just make sure to start out easy and find something you want to do. You can make a decent amount off school, but you might need to get a job if you cant find a roomate or find some other source of income just in case. Unless you neet it up at you parents home while going to school.

Thanks brother, I appreciate the advice and the resource.

Stay poor and stupid for all I care, but dont try to fuck up other peoples lives with your worthless """"advice"""". You can go to any deployed base and find dozens, if not hundreds of 20-something ex military ex lower enlisted contractors making bank. Declaring otherwise is an outrageous lie and you are an utter faggot for trying to seem wise or even experienced with something you obviously know nothing about. Learn your fucking place and learn to stay there.

Yeah and I'm sure it sets everyone ahead in meaningful careers after they do 2 contracts in a four year span. You're a delusional faggot, and provided no proof of a 100k+ job for someone with minimal military experience. Keep larping im out

You obviously never learned to hold your fucking tongue in the military. No wonder you couldnt hold down a job when you got out. Get lost loser.

In actual fact it is incredible and relevant experience to put on a resume, if you go out and perform a professional trade in an austere and demanding environment. It is also an exceptional way to build a network and inroads to an industry which can provide a lifetime of career opportunities for you.

Good luck OP.

Thank you, really appreciate your take on contracting, will absoultely look into it. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Faggot never leave the military. Civilian world sucks so hard you will FOMO your entire life about the military. Fuck college you will want to strangle everyone there, and jobs suck so bad. Just stay in the military and become an officer. You've been warned.

Holy Shit! I wasn't aware how tough you guys were out in the stumps.. man.. you're right. Good thing you'll never see combat. At least you can swap stories at the VFW about how tough SugarCookie was, or maybe even brag about how tough it was with your integrated combat arms.

What's it like having literal fags in the infantry?