Someone was telling me that people actually committed suicide this week over bitcoin. Is this true?

Someone was telling me that people actually committed suicide this week over bitcoin. Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

koreaboo.com/news/college-student-found-dead-after-losing-his-money-on-cryptocurrency/
youtu.be/dDbsDpTIRzE
liveleak.com/view?i=192_1517358620
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Imagine slaving away for 20 years for money in your bank account. Let's say you managed to get 100k together.

Now imagine you put all of that into BTC without doing basically any research on it, and all you know is that "it's huge and it's going to be the future" or something like that. Also keep in mind, you're a normie. You put everything in BTC at around 18k$ because IT CAN ONLY GO UP OH MY GOD

See it all crash to 8k$. You never had any faith in the project, never really had any knowledge about how or why it would work, and now you've lost basically 10 years of your life. It may come back, but you're not thinking about it because you wanted to cash out in the summer for 5x because that's when you expected the price to hit 100k (you linearly extrapolated the rising price, and felt like a true genious and trader/investor while doing so, or just because Joe your cousin twice removed said it would happen). In any case, you expected the price to monotonously increase in that duration, now you feel like someone has stolen 10 years of your life (because you can't take responsibility for your decisions). The immense pain of this may very well drive you over the edge and you may end up killing yourself.

It's a funny thing actually, a lots of people kill themselves due to financial reasons, and almost all of them aren't even in that bad of a situation. Like, okay, they may have lost their home, but they have well paying jobs and could get it back, or could at least afford rent, etc - but they've become so accustomed to their 2 cars-in-the-garage-of-a-500sqm-house lifestyle that they just go pic related and off themselves. Pretty pathetic desu

It is really fucking well is. Are there sources on the suicides?

I think it's a very important exercise when you make your initial investment to completely let go of your money. You are rolling the dice, you need to have in you the feeling that you may well lose the entire amount, understand that the money is gone and you might never get it back.

But hope for the best.

This. Sometimes I feel the urge to pump more money into it, then I realize how much I've already "lost" (i.e. my initial investment), and I just back away from the idea.

I'm depressed and I've made it. Absolutely people would kill themselves.

Money isn't everything. People need to chill the fuck out and enjoy their lives

I did

Use some of your gains to screw a top-tier hooker. You'll feel fine afterwards, user.

bump

I am so happy that the bush is finally making a comeback

What is it, man? Are you lonely? Want to talk about something? What's weighing you down?

Just about to kms

Why? Cmon man it's just a dip.

>Money isn't everything
the older I get the more I realize how wrong this statement is

I've been trading btc since 2011, so my portfolio will always be a net positive relative to when I converted fiat-btc. Feels amazing.

opposite for me, I kind of see money as just the requirement for the kind of lifestyle you want, not determining the lifestyle itself. the older I get, the easier money seems to be to make as well. I don't think I would have too much trouble if my net worth went to 0, but poor people will always be poor, it's just a mindset.

Lmao only 2011? What a fucken pajeet normie

koreaboo.com/news/college-student-found-dead-after-losing-his-money-on-cryptocurrency/ apparently

Tell me you wouldnt an hero after this.
>Be me
>Get into crypto with 4k
>Turn 4k into 30k
>Learn about margin trading
>Get liquidated to 3k
>Get liquidated again to zero
>Take out 40k loan + 8k credit card
>Get liquidated to 3k
>Turn 3k to 40k
>Get liquidated to 300usd
...Now I have to sell my house and car and everything. Life over.

yikes you really should kys

Had I bought and just HODL eth @ 300usd I would be so rich right now.

people with mental health problems should never invest their money into anything in the first place, they should all be in rehab centers.

you're right actually. Its important, but human relationships are so much more powerful, in fact they're the most powerful thing you can experience. Personally as an ugly nerd I find money much much easier to acquire than women, and so I like to delude myself that I'm better off than poor people who are in love.

>larping as a loser
why?

>margin trading
I can't believe people are retarded enough to actually do this.

If I look at the timeline of events, that 4k was during the summer, I had 30k when BTC was 3k....i took the loan out right before the bull run in december. I would literally be a millionaire.

This post is fucking mint.
5 stars, user.

fuck yeah

kek. I traded peer to peer with no leverage, it was a major hassle but profitable enough.

If you really learned about margin trading, you wouldn't have done it.

Not larping. I genuinely think about killing myself every day and how shit my life is now. I can't afford the repayments, nor the bills. This month my bank acc runs dry. And I cant tell anyone.

Yep. I put about 10k in alts in early january, just before it all came crashing down. It was disappointing but I've just written the money off and I'll let things play out however they will. Maybe they'll drop to nothing or maybe I'll end up in the green. Who knows?

Never invest more than you can afford to lose.

After the first liq you were just gambling.

Around the time I learned about margin trading was when the China FUD started. I thought I was a genius shorting BTC. And thought 'wow this is easy' .......then i got liquidated. I then long'd ETH/BTC ratio at 0.05 but that bled down to 0.03. I've learned plenty since then and understand charting/trends better.

Who is holding that pistol?

nujack

But why would you all your savings into it?

Because desperate poorfag scum want to become millionaires overnight. They're delusional.

>Maybe they'll drop to nothing or maybe I'll end up in the green. Who knows?

You may think that that is a mistake, but you would be far from the truth.

The artist, with this slight touch of brilliance meant to symbolize the utter and complete abandonment of agency from the wojak's part. See, he already has a noose around his neck, his death is inevitable, but this little, somewhat hidden easter egg, only there to be discovered and cherished by the most perceptive onlookers, aims to further drive home the point that the wojak feels utterly out of control. His life is in ruins and at this point he isn't the one that's pulling the trigger. We do not see who it is, but it is pink as well, indicating that it is he himself, yet in his wretched anguish he feels that he is quite literally being executed by a third party. The fact that the hidden third party is outside the frame also instills a sense of helplessness and general confusion, further demonstrating the wojak's miserable state of mind. He feels like the outside world has turned against him, but also perceives the outside world as pink - like himself - meaning that his state of mind could not be contained within his self, but has been projected on the outside world as well. It is not just that he himself is falling apart, but the whole world with him.

This
Well, he's right tho. Noone can predict this fucking market.

How can you not take a fucking hint? Seriously. What made you think that after losing 30k you wouldn't lose the next 48k?

I know a dude that put his kids college funds in when it was close to ath, his wife took the kids and the house he hung himself in the park with fishing wite. But thats what you get for being a stupid faggot and gambling woth life savings. I was spoke to him before he did it and asked for his ledger, i was probably the last straw.

>put his kids college funds in
Fuck that's plain out evil

nice LARP

cheer up m8

I've accepted the good possibility of losing it all. I saw the massive gains in cryptocurrencies and kicked myself for not investing in it years ago (I saw it at $12 a coin and though that was too high so I stayed away). The feeling of loss from not investing earlier was huge and I decided that the feeling of potentially missing out again would be much worse than the feeling of losing $10,000, so I got in. Losing it will have almost no material impact on my life.

cope

His logic was probably to try and get them into a better college but now they wont be going to one at all

How else can you loan a big stack of money if you don't have anything?

>be me
>put a total of $700 into crypto
>turn it into $2.6k by early December
>corrects and stays at 2k for a while
>dips to under 1k on 22nd of December, mostly due to retarded choices in emotional trading due to babby’s first dip
>finally rebounds to almost 4k by January through DBC
>the great FUD season starts on 10th of January, and Deep Brainlet Bleeds all the way back to the point I entered it in sats(furthrr down in fiat)
>sells DBC, luckily
>now moronically invested in low cap shitcoins, making my folio bleed down even more through the dips and high volatility
>now at almost less than $300
That in itself don’t make me salty, but I have a feeling it will bleed even more and the rebound for these shitcoins will be slow as fuck

yes, OP, i am one such sucker who off'ed himself. and now i have come back to shitpoast as a ghost.

this goy gets it. thanks for the copypasta. saved.

The worst part now is that my watchlist that contains all the tokens I researched and found worthy to buy, all tokens are in green 10-30% up, while the only red ones are the only 2 tokens I’m holding

People believe in 100% one shot chances. They believe their personal luck and wishful thinking makes a difference. Also they think if they put too little, they will regret when it goes up because of too little gains - fear of missing out.

Basically they don't think of it as an investment with some chance of failure. Because they don't understand chances and probability of the events, they observe other people and think they just had the balls to put a lot of money in something risky. It is a way of proving that you (personally) are just as good. Why wouldn't you be :)?

>don't make me salty

you deserve to lose every single penny because you talk like a nigger. learn to compose yourself and perhaps you can come out of this with a profit.

>be me
>in crypto since June '17
>turned 20k in 30k

youtu.be/dDbsDpTIRzE

I am a 132 IQ Norwegian. English is not my first language, but atleast I am multilingual unlike you amerimutts

Ahahahaahaha. Thanks for this

>'ve learned plenty since then and understand charting/trends better
I'm glad clowns like you lost all their money and are in debt now. Trusting meme lines holy shit. You are so deluded you actually think you could make money if you had some more to gamble

You have tiny Asian dick

Just be yourself xD

>unable to form proper sentences in a second language, a feat even niggers are capable of
>has 132iq but cries about losing 400 eur on a basket weaving forum
Wew lad

Good thing you have 132iq. you should be able to recoup your losses in a day's worth, right?

No, because I'm a very spiritual person. This "human life" is a small part of your "whole life"

spirituality doesn't make cash, user. This is a business board

Need sauce plz, its has been a rough week

I wish I had more to share, user

fake news

Right. And killing yourself over cash is the stupidest thing one can do

Makes sense

Masturbating until you feel ill will solve all your problems

I don’t think you amerimutts can read just like your dark complected brothers. I didn’t whine about losing money, but that it will take long time to rebound

>this level of delusion

Things are fine in Murica friendo. Come visit. it’s a seriously big fucking place as well. You’ll probably end up liking it and I hope that internal conflict causes you anguish

yeah i suicided at least a dozen times this week

Looks like Riley Reid

Mann i lust all mu moneh on bitccconect..

we wuz king n shit

>visits an English image
>brags about posting in English

That 132 IQ is really serving you well.

Check the catalog, some guy from korea I think
He would've killed himself for some other shit anyways

>put $8k in on december 15th
>$113k at ATH
>currently $50k

Meh, I don't give a fuck. I'm still up and I'll hold for a year.

This guy heard FUN was removed from buttrex

liveleak.com/view?i=192_1517358620

Buy some turtles. It will make you happier

i have 0 desire to form relationships, i love money, i want to get rid of these chains i was born with, i want to wake up and go do something i enjoy more than (if lucky) twice a week

At least he doesn't post like rebbit.

smoking a good strain today?

now his daughter will go to community college with tyrone and juan

There's 40,000 suicides worldwide every single day. What do you think you retard?

sounds like people already wanted to and just needed a reason if the numbers are steady

theres someone at my work who was raving about bitcoin in November/December - i overheard him talking with someone about it at the time, and he claimed to hold roughly £25,000 in crypto with about 90% of that in bitcoin. he kept it fairly low key and he wasnt outright bragging or anything but he did say a few times that he was predicting it to hit £100k by the end of 2018.

he's panicking at the moment. quite like the guy too so i feel for him (although at the same time i had a mild internal kek when i thought of that fucking diagram with the mania, delusion etc. phases, he was quite literally in the "NEW PARADIGM!" stage just a few weeks ago and trying to convince a couple of his closer workmates to get into crypto, particularly bitcoin).

he's said that he does own his own house outright and it's still secure so he's not going to commit sudoko over it, but he might lose almost all of his savings. its crazy

Reiminder it is altogether unlawful to kill oneself, for three reasons.

>1. Contrary to Natural Law & to Charity
First, because everything naturally loves itself, the result being that everything naturally keeps itself in being, and resists corruptions so far as it can. Wherefore suicide is contrary to the inclination of nature, and to charity whereby every man should love himself. Hence suicide is always a mortal sin, as being contrary to the natural law and to charity.

>2. Injury to the Common Good
Secondly, because every part, as such, belongs to the whole. Now every man is part of the community, and so, as such, he belongs to the community. Hence by killing himself he injures the community, as the Philosopher (Aristotle) declares (Ethic. v, 11).

>3. Sin Against God
Thirdly, because life is God’s gift to man, and is subject to His power, Who kills and makes to live. Hence whoever takes his own life, sins against God, even as he who kills another’s slave, sins against that slave’s master, and as he who usurps to himself judgment of a matter not entrusted to him. For it belongs to God alone to pronounce sentence of death and life, according to Deuteronomy 32:39, “I will kill and I will make to live.”

If he has weak hands and sells during a crash he deserves to. Do you not realize that market crashes are just the wealthy taking their gains and then reinvesting them to compound their holdings?

you are a literal retard

Reminder that greed is a sin

People commit suicide each day over a lot of retarded shit, why would crypto be a lesser reason than e.g. a lost iPod?

Don't forget the tax man.

Can confirm I did kill myself yesterday.